• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
hehe, i just remembered i made an official charizard thread that got flamed to the point of no return, and now i'm going back and quoting all the "he'll stay in his ball" and "blaziken deserves it more" and "he's past his prime" and making them EAT THEIR WORDS. sorry for being off topic...

Vali

Smash Ace
Yeah!!!!!!!!!!! Samus!!!!!!!!
Please don't spam the thread. Make some comments, suggestions etc. on Wiseguy's Brawl Predictions (tm) or address some issues raised in the (usually) intelligent discussion here, but stay away from posts like that ^.

Edit:

..."Olimar is the new slowmotion Pichu with strength and helpers!"...actually, go back to the spam >.>

krackizwak

Smash Cadet
i think this list i really well thought out and has been pretty much on the money besides retro characters, and pokemon trainer. I was wondering if wiseguy is gonna make a list of the possible bosses that could appear in the story mode as they are kinda characters.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Um... your argument for Young Link is not a confirmation. -_-

Legolastom

Smash Hero
*Faints at ODIN's sig*

: O

Sorry about that its... just... so... amazing.

Anyways been reading around the good old The Hylia forums very interesting stuff as usualy there. (Not like you give a **** about what i do during my free time anyway)

But jesus Christ WW Link would not be a clone.

What!? thats all i got to say.

Ectoplasmus

Smash Cadet
Ok, but still, I think with that many characters, they'll need variety, and different versions of 1 character would just take up more of the character select screen. Besides, what would his final smash be?

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Turning into a cel shaded version of fierce deity Link.

And there is already more than enough variety in Smash plus Cel Link would be vastly different from adult Link.

(If Mario can have Luigi why cant we have Cel Link?)

Shuma

Smash Hero
But not Ridley's *wink*

Also i might be insane... well i am, but didn't Sakurai sayd somewhere that he was going to add 1 third party char per company? doesn't this rule out Simon Belmont?

I might be wrong though.

FangTheFirst

Smash Cadet
*cough*

I don't know if anyone has brought this up yet but..

Wiseguy, I totally disagree on your opinion that Wolf will be a clone of Fox. He has tons of potential to not be a clone, and there are so many good movesets out there for him.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
TBH i doubt we could say anything about Star fox characters moves because... well... they don't really have any in the games.

BUT all characters have potential for an original move set so there are no worries there.

Anyways im not sure if Sakurai said that Shuma but i generally assumed thats what he would do anyway.

*wink*

FangTheFirst

Smash Cadet
TBH i doubt we could say anything about Star fox characters moves because... well... they don't really have any in the games.

BUT all characters have potential for an original move set so there are no worries there.

Anyways im not sure if Sakurai said that Shuma but i generally assumed thats what he would do anyway.

*wink*
Exactly my point.

Who can say he will be a clone of Fox's when hes barely been out of his cockpit anyways..

Vali

Smash Ace
Exactly my point.

Who can say he will be a clone of Fox's when hes barely been out of his cockpit anyways..
I believe that Wiseguy was increasing his roster size by including clones and it wasn't so much that Wolf would have to be a Fox clone in order to be included, but more of a way of being able to include all of his characters that he feels will be included within his own limit cap of 40 playable characters. That's cause clones are roughly 1/3 of the production time, so 3 clones can be included for the price of 1 original moveset character. Thus by making characters like Wolf and WW Link clones rather than including original movesets (which could in all possibility happen) he's just ensuring that he gets to include them on his list rather than cut characters he thinks will make it to have enough room.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
But not Ridley's *wink*

Also i might be insane... well i am, but didn't Sakurai sayd somewhere that he was going to add 1 third party char per company? doesn't this rule out Simon Belmont?

I might be wrong though.
no, he said 1-2 other third party characters other than snake.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Wtf? You took Bonk off your list? I guess that's your way of saying I was right. Apology accepted.

Now if you'd just take "Midna & Wolf Link" off of your list, cut down on the 3rd party characters, and put Falco as a returning character your list wouldn't look so stupid anymore.

They're not going to add a character called "Midna & Wolf Link". Not only is that name dumb, but so is that idea. It's as stupid as the people who thought Diddy & Dixie would be a team. It's almost as stupid as when you thought they would add Midna in her twili form instead of her imp form, which is how she appears through out the entire game.

They aren't going to remove Falco. He's probably more popular than Fox in the Star Fox games. Falco is basically Fox's Luigi. I don't know why so many people think they'd take him out. If they wanted to use Wolf over Falco, they'd have done so in Melee. Wolf sucks. There's nothing interesting about him at all. He has no personality, he has no significant back story, and nobody gives a crap about him. The other members of his team are 1,000 more interesting then he is.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Figures...

I go away for one week and we get some of the best updates to the site.

Monday - Okay, nice to here that Link is getting a tune up, but it's not all that unexpected.
Tuesday - A trailer and some more information about the Subspace Emmisary = good. But a kick in the face for anyone supporting R.O.B. or Petey.
Wensday - DIDDY! Yay! *Checks Diddy off of his "Must Have" character list.* One down, three to go.
Thursday - Double update. Unexpected/10. I never would have seen that Final Smash coming for Yoshi. I was expecting a giant egg.
Friday - Pretty much a re-confirmation that Petey isn't playable. Also, the confirmation that there will be bosses. NICE!

All-in-all, a good week.

If my prediction is correct, then Sakurai is going to release three more characters and announce these twenty as the starting roster. If not, then he'll continue to release characters until the game is out (even the hidden ones.)

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Bump!
Apparently, because Metroid Prime 3 is being released this week, all the Ridley fans are CERTAIN that Ridley will be confirmed this week. One fan said it would be the "week of Metroid". Fools. They're being mindgamed by Sakurai, and he's not even doing anything.
Bet he confirms Ness or Captain Falcon. Even funnier would be an item, stage, and gameplay week. :cool:
I love how crazy the updates have gotten. Remember, folks, predicting Sakurai is as easy as filling out a perfect March Madness sheet. Possible, but mind-blowingly improbable.
Not that I have anything against Ridley, just people that still think there might be some sort of logic to Sakurai's posts.

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
I have a feeling Ferro that you will be disappointed, because I dont think Midna will be in. But hey, thats just my opinion and since when does anybody listen to the crazy guy who wants K.Rool in.

User33

Smash Journeyman
That's kind of dumb that people think we'll get a Metroid update. Why would Sakurai care about an American release date?

Legolastom

Smash Hero
1. Its all part of Nintendo's mass Metroid advertising.
2. I think that they would reveal Ridley soon anyway so why not during Metroid week?
3. I think they will reveal him soon because like Ike and Diddy he was tied with them for 4 votes.

But we can never truly know what Sakurai is going to do.

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
God, I have not posted in this thread for ages.

I'd be quite content if Ridley was revealed on the release date of Metroid 3, it'd make some kind of sense. However, what with getting Pokemon Trainer, I now only care about Kefka Palazzo, Banjo and Kazooie and Dual-Wielding Obese Ganondorf. If any of those make it in, I will be incredibly surprised, but amazingly pleased. You just wait. I'm gonna say they'll be in there, for kicks.

On a more serious topic. Curry? I mean... okay, sure, whatever man. Kenny to the rescue though, I suspect.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
But its sad that people actually believe B and K have anything over 0% chance... this isn't "Super Microsoft corporate partners: Brawl!" so they have NO and i repeat NO chance... just saying.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
Yeah, I really hope that Sakurai stays on his stride and keeps the Newcomers coming. And yeah Sakurai does care about American release dates. He gave the American Relaese date for Brawl but no release date for Japan. I think that means he's really paying attention to the Americans.

EDIT: Yeah, Banjo and Kazooie have insanely little chance, but never never say anythings impossible. Anythings possible if Nintendo wants it. Microsoft isn't stupid. Looking at Rare they see a dying company who won't make any good games anymore. A failed asset (Grabbed by the Ghoulies, Conker: Live and Reloaded, etc.). Even Viva Pinata isn't so huge. It's nearly impossible, I admit that, but totally impossible? No.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
No it doesn't mean he is really paying that much he cares about Japan A LOT more than America.

Its more Nintendo that gave the release date anyway.

Top Bottom