• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Well this actually does not, as...well it just doesn't. It just confirms that he's in, he's got robotic doubles, and is trying to destroy the world. Just because he showed up doesn't discount him as a character, yet.

But, R.O.B. won't be a character in the first place, due to what he is, and the lack of mobility he has. >_>

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROB isn't a PC! And he and his robotic brotheran are trying to destroy the world! This is all Nintendo's fault! If they hadn't abandoned the little dude in the NES era, maybe his thoughts wouldn't have turned to global destruction.

I'll edit my roster when I return from work, and resposnd to the people who posted since my last wall of pain.

(Incedentily, I rememeber what board the platform is now. I guess it's been a while....)
Wiseguy, your not dead.

you never know, he may still be playable, but then it might have similar results with other characters... (points at petey pirahanna, or however the hell you spell it)

Vali

Smash Ace
Hey Wiseguy have you beaten Paper Mario yet? I recently downloaded it on the weekend and I'm up to (quite a way into) Bowser's castle. Beat the 3rd form of the master after the 4th star or so at like level 12 with 15hp and only had to use 1 hp item. Not bad for my first playthrough ^^.

Edit: Bowser down first try, pretty easy. Had to resort to actually healing though since my usual tactic didn't work thanks to one of his attacks.

My tactic is to Chill Out and use Bow and guarding to take as little damage as possible while repeatedly jump charging with Mario. Then when I've got enough charge, use jump bounce to 1-shot. However it didn't work this time around since I was using Watt to attack (and thus got hit more by Bowser's attacks) and Bowser has this attack which dispels your buffs (as well as knocking out your partner). He used it the turn before I was about to 1 shot him, and so my jump bounce went from going to do about 19, 18, 17, 16 etc. to doing like 5, 4, 3, 2.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
Paper Mario = Awesome game tip:
Stock up, Bowser has TWO forms for thhe ending fight

Anyway here's how I see it playing out:

Mario- Pety Pirahna, Koopa Kids (They'd ROCK!)
Zelda- Zant, perhaps Vaati
Pokemon- Giovanni (Like Pokemon Trainer, but with cooler Pokemon), Mewtwo
Kirby- Nightmare, perhaps Meta Knight (The Halberd says yes, but the screen shot says no.)
DK- K.Rool (Duh!)
Yoshi- Kamek
Earthbound/Mother- Pokey Minch, Starman
Star Fox- Andross
Pikmin- King Bulbin
Metroid- Kraid, Mother Brain, Dark Samus
F-Zero- Samurai Goro (You can be an AT too), Blood Hawk, Black Shadow
Wario- Capt. Syrup
Fire Emblem- uhhh...

All except Meta Knight will be NPCs

Arteen

Smash Lord
Awesome, R.O.B. is most likely out as a playable character, but the SSBB team still found a clever way to give him a role in the game. As for Petey, it was alarming to see him there, because I instantly thought about the possibility that he would be playable, when so many other characters are more worthy. This doesn't yet confirm him as playable yet, at least, and he does look pretty cool in the video.

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
I'm gonna make a prediction...i think that characters like mewtwo, ganondorf, Ridley, and Petey will be the final bosses in some character's SE, then once you beat them, they become playable. My reason is why would the developers create a moveset for a character if they were not going to be playable later on?

metallic shadow

Smash Apprentice
Wow Metallic shadow, aren't you subtle.

I guess explaining why you hate him is out of the question.

P.S Your sig just killed a dozen puppies and all of your family and friends
if my sig killed alot of puppies,
then why is mine not dead?
and why is my mom,my sis and my dad still alive?

i hate wiseguy because he doesnt like pokemon.
there isnt anything called a life if there isnt
anything thats called pokemon.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
..R.O.B. was a bad choice from the start. You people really got your hopes up for no reason. But I digress, Stafy is a worse choice. That is the dumbest thing ever next to this thread Me and Numa picked up that said Epona as a PC for Brawl. And you guys think our[Numa and I]Tingle and Happy Mask Salesman hopes are bad...Epona!? At least R.O.B. and Petey got a spot...it definitely isn't the most minor..they could have been just stickers or trophies..

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
A few things:
1) anybody notice that Peach and Zelda turn to stone after Petey bangs their cages together?

2) Who the hell shot that cannonball? Petey again? I suppose Petey with cannonballs isn't impossible, since I've never seen him turn anyone to stone either. But I doubt it. Now, K. Rool, well Kaptain K. Rool... he has cannonballs. Just something to think about.

3) Is it just me, or does the Ancient Minister look like one of those wizards from the Paper Mario series? This is just opinion, but I think it's a weird coincidence.

4) Two ROB's. You know what that means? ROB as the new team character for Brawl! Haha, I'm kidding, he's deconfirmed.

5) Maybe I'm just being thick, but can someone explain the logic behind the idea that this update somehow hurts Ridleys chances?

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
A few things:
1) anybody notice that Peach and Zelda turn to stone after Petey bangs their cages together?

2) Who the hell shot that cannonball? Petey again? I suppose Petey with cannonballs isn't impossible, since I've never seen him turn anyone to stone either. But I doubt it. Now, K. Rool, well Kaptain K. Rool... he has cannonballs. Just something to think about.

3) Is it just me, or does the Ancient Minister look like one of those wizards from the Paper Mario series? This is just opinion, but I think it's a weird coincidence.

4) Two ROB's. You know what that means? ROB as the new team character for Brawl! Haha, I'm kidding, he's deconfirmed.

5) Maybe I'm just being thick, but can someone explain the logic behind the idea that this update somehow hurts Ridleys chances?
1. Yeah, I noticed... at first I thought they were turned into trophies...

2. Maybe, maybe not... we'll see.

3. As a Paper Mario player, I have to say he doesn't remind me of anything I've seen in those games... then again, I don't have the best memory.

4. Yeah... R.O.B. = TEH DECONFRIMED!! so we'll have to move on... Balloon Fighter for Brawl!

5. I think that they think that since we're having Boss characters, Ridley will be one. I don't think so. I do think Ridley will be both, while Petey will be a boss and an Assist Trophy. Some ATs have been shown fighting in the Subspace Emissary, so I say Petey will be a boss with maybe 3-4 moves, and he'll also be an AT. While Ridley will be a boss with a full moveset, and he'll be unlockable sometime down the road.

Vali

Smash Ace
A few things:
Medusa confirmed for Brawl! Na I kid, but yes they do turn to stone it seems. Nice catch.

Well Petey usually spits balls (of slime) for his attacks, but it doesn't really sound like it's from Petey and yeah more like the sound of a cannon shooting the cannonball. However if they choose to take Petey in a new direction of not spitting goops of slime for attacks and instead go for something more badass like a (we presume) cannonball then I'm not complaining.

Looking at the video again, the cannonball definitely comes from ground level to where Petey landed, through the dust that's kicked up from said landing. If K. Rool had been involved he must've landed alongside Petey and not been shown and that's a bit too far fetched. I'd say the projectile came from Petey.

I think he looks like something more out of TP. Doesn't really hold that much in common with a PM wizard other than the weird mouth, which is still slightly different.

Or maybe they stack on top of each other, to make super R.O.B.! Who of course would be the ultimate final boss fight after clearing all the other characters' storymodes.

It doesn't.

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
If Shield + Bs were added a lot of characters could gain an additional move. Fox's Reflector could be Shield + B, Marth's counterattack, Ness' absorb, etc. It'd be a good place to put defensive moves. We already have Shield + A, so why not?
That idea has potential. The only snag is that it would be harder to pull of the reflector/counter/absorb moves on the fly. Especially in the air, where you'd run the risk of air dodging instead of doing a move. That could be fatal.
Ouch. True.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Every update will ALWAYS bring some crazy, really-out-of-the-box theory. Remember the clouds, people?

Loving the Emissary updates, so far. The only thing that could hurt the adventure mode could be a sucky AI.... please.... let very hard actually be VERY HARD.

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
Um, just because someone is a boss does not disqualify them as a character. After all, in past Smash games, they were always your opponent before they were unlocked.
I'd say that adventure mode will change depending on who's side your character is on. It seemed to me like Subspace Emissary was ONE of the adventure modes, not the only (but that idea was just because of the Adventure Mode: Suspace Emissary logo).

If a boss per franchise,
Mario - BOWSER
Kid Icarus - MEDUSA
Kirby - DEDEDE

...there shouldn't even be any quarreling about those...

I'm gonna make a prediction...i think that characters like mewtwo, ganondorf, Ridley, and Petey will be the final bosses in some character's SE, then once you beat them, they become playable. My reason is why would the developers create a moveset for a character if they were not going to be playable later on?
Thank you.

I don't understand why so many people are bent on predicting non-player characters (doomsday soothsayers they are!). The only NPCs we've had in the past were the Hands, the generic polygon/wireframe teams, and modified characters such as Gigabowser and Metal Mario...

though Petey IS really f**k*n big...
well, who knows- maybe the playable characters will have more variety in their sizes... it just seems weird to deny us so many playable characters in what is primarily a multiplayer game. It just wouldn't make sense- this is a dream game, about pleasing fans, not teasing fans.

Diddo: One of the coolest ideas I’ve heard in a while. Not only do we finally get a random character selection, but he serves as a Pokemon rep without requiring time for a new moveset. Maybe I’ve found my Munchlax replacement…
That would take 5 seconds to make. Grpahically make Ditto, make opponent copies [alternate outfit], taunt exits copy, repeat. That would take 1/1,000,000,000th the time of a clone. XD I like the idea now. :)
In Melee's debug mode Ditto is in a Pokeball, but apparently they couldn't get him to work correctly and he was cut. I think it'd be awesome though- turn into whichever character you're closest to, or have a dedicated change button.

Snakz

Smash Ace
There were some people claiming that R.O.B. is too small, but if you look closer, it's just playing with perspective, you can see, they're probably as big or a little bigger than Mario

@ oysermeister

I dont think they're being turned into stone (or trophies for that matter), i think it's just the shadows, unless someone can prove otherwise

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
They're all Meta-.....somethings....

I want to play with the Big Bomb Boom...you know, mess with the subspace bombs and all....MAYBE THEY'LL BE AN ITEM!!!

*dances with glee*

Bajef8

Smash Ace
in your predictions wiseguy, you should change ROB to something besides possible because they are in brawl if you didn't see the subspace army video.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
ATTENTION EVERYONE: As many of you know the Thought Police- er.... "Moderators" have been cracking down on off-topic threads. First Dylan Tynga's "Brawl Potentially Sucking" was closed, I think understandably given the level of spamage on that thread. Then just recently, the Ridley thread (one of the oldest and most popular threads on SWF) was closed as well because it's massive size and the spamming of a few users was making it difficult to moderate.

I think it would suck if this thread met a similar fate, so I think we should be careful not to go too off topic. Granted, it's hard to stray from a topic as broad as "Brawl Predictions" and the freedom to have discussions without a single rigidly enforced topic is what makes this thread enjoyable (to me, at least) but it’s just something I think we should keep in mind.

(On a somewhat related note, I encourage everyone (who feels so inclined) to post in the "Forum Disputes" section respectfully asking that the old Ridley thread be brought back - on the condition that it stay on topic. That thread is over a year old, and it seems like a shame to abandon such a popular thread just because some people were spamming or going off topic. Then the mods can administer warnings and/or bans as needed.

Simply post a new thread here: http://smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=108
Your thread can only be viewed by senators and yourself.)

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn6y_qC1je0

I had to look this up. Completely forgot this even existed.
Yeah, I remember now. I was never that into the Board the Platforms mode in SSB64. I'm sure something similar will appear in Brawl.

Try Paper Mario 2, for the gamecube. Seriously, if you liked Paper Mario then you owe it to your immortal soul to at least try Paper Mario 2.
I played and beat it a few years ago, my very first Mario RPG. Incredible game to be sure. Maybe my favorite storyline in any game ever. Still, I think I prefer the tighter level design of PM64.

Paper Mario would be totally rad as a PC, but given the emphasis on Sunshine (Delfino Plasa as a Stage and now Petey as an enemy) I think Bowser Jr. is more likely.

What, are we in some bizzaro world where we hope AGAINST awesome character ideas?
Nope, there is a simplier explanation: Diddy & Dixie is not an awesome character idea. Tag team movesets should be reserved for characters who aren't worthy of a moveset all on their own. Diddy, on the other hand, is just as worthy as Donkey Kong to have his own spot on the roster.

I hope not. I love clones. But as a Ganondorf main, I may be unfairly biased in their favor.
Anyway, I doubt Luigi will change. He already had a fully original moveset in Melee. The idea that he's a clone is... well, it's just wrong.
Luigi wasn't TOTALLY original in Melee. Many of his attacks (his Smashes in particular) were variations on Mario's moveset. To me, that fits the definition of a clone.

If that's true then it means one of two things: either these are going to be the BEST stickers EVER or online in Brawl was going to SUCK royally.
Stickers: Nintendo's answer to Xbox Live...

Yeah, that would be pretty cool. Well, really cool, actually. But I can't help but think that a playable Ganon would be even better.
Incidentally, in his TP-Beast form, Ganon could easily fit almost any Midna/Wolf Link moveset, due to basic structural similarities. It might be possible for TP Ganon to be a character with Midna/Wolf Link as his clone. Or maybe the other way around. Whatever, I'm easy.
Except that Beast Ganon lacks Midna's hair attacks and Twili magic. But yeah, I sorta see where you're coming from.

It's possible, but unlikely. This theory basically rests on the idea that Sakurai would choose to reveal only those parts of a moveset that are misleading and don't reflect the character as a whole. I somehow don't see him doing that.
But Sakurai has ALWAYS revealed the Special attacks first. The faact that it seems misleading is onlly coincidental.

Haha, oh the memories, they haunt me still.

Perhaps I really am wrong, but man, I FEEL right. And isn't that what's most important? Colbert says so.
Yeah, I guess we all feel that way about opinions we hold strongly. I agree with Colbert: think with your gut!

Hm. I'd take from all this that Sakurai seems to value a good moveset above all else, even accuracy to the games, since Zelda has kept her improvised moveset rather than receive a new one. In this sense, Sheik's fate rests on whether or not Sakurai feels her moveset had any value. And the opinion of an obviously crazy Japanese man is anybodies guess.
Yeah, but given how little Zelda does in Twilight Princess that could translate into a moveset, it was either the old improvides moveset or a a new one.

Sheik... is another mater entirely.

Maybe. Still, the updates aren't really helping the idea of Zamus as a Sheik replacement, are they? All the new screen shots of Zamus show her shooting people with that gun and using the whip as a tether recovery. Sheik never did anything similar to that.
Personally, if Sheik goes, I don't want anyone to replace her. I'd rather Zamus get a crack at being a totally new character than be burdened with filling top-tier shoes.
As with Ike, I'm more itneresting in if Zamu's fighting style as a whole bears similarities to consider her a replacement. They don'y have to share all the same moves to be a replacement.

Aw man, ROB, you little *******!
And after all the support...some people gave you, here you (well, two of you, to be accurate) are placing Subspace Bombs for the Ancient Minister!

You sir, are on notice.
Indeed. Who would have thought that ROB had such a dark streak?

I wonder in Colbert can make room on his On Notice Board.... ;)

Quoth Freddie Mercury: "Another one bites the dust."

R.I.P. R.O.B.

(Really, though, I neither wanted nor expected him. This opens up a spot on your roster, Wiseguy! Skapon? Takamaru? Pleeeease? :grin: )
For some reason, SWF won't let me edit. Stupid servers! Needles to say, I'll have ROB's replacement up ASAP.

Yeah, having those two R.O.B.s placing that bomb and nothing else is kinda looking bad for ROB's chances as a PC, but great for his chances as an AT.

Also, that Piranha guy seems to be in the game. But, as a PC, or a boss? (he seems too important in the video for a mere AT). Who knows.
Well, Hammer Bros are confirmed as an AT and a Story enemy, so I suppose they could do something similar with ROB. I think this pretty much rules out him being playable.

As for Petey, he seems to be a boss. A surprisingly cool one at that. Maybe he's a AT too...

Aw...
R.O.B. deconfirmed. Reduced to mere lackey to an evil alien overlord.
As is Petey Piranha.
I suspect non-playable villains will aid the Subspace Army. Would it be too much to hope for Andross, Vaati, Kamek, Eggplant Wizard, King K. Rool., and Nightmare?
And perhaps Metaknight. It IS his ship, afterall.

Ridley´s chances of being playable are looking quite bad.
I think not. Petey isn't non-playable because he is big, he's non-playable becuase he's not very important to the Mario series. Ridley, on the other hand, is the second most important character in the Metroid series.

Finally someone who likes WW and MM equal like me! :) However, you forgot OOT and ALTTP are better than those two. XD
Does it make me a bad person to say that OoT is somewhat overrated?

That would take 5 seconds to make. Grpahically make Ditto, make opponent copies [alternate outfit], taunt exits copy, repeat. That would take 1/1,000,000,000th the time of a clone. XD I like the idea now. :)
Or, Ditto could just be the random character select option. Choose Ditto, and start the match as a random character. Just a thought.

Well to be honest, I think Nintendo confirmed TP takes place decades before WW. But that's beside the point. WW's opening could be refering to TP if you think about it. Dark force taking over the land and all...so simply put it could be a TP or OOT reference.
I know that Nintendo said that TP falls between OoT and WW, but they didn't say that they fall in the same timeline.

How do you reconsile the fact that Ganondorf was killed in TP? The opening to WW says that the "evil" was sealed away, and then broke free. Not that it was impaled through the chest and inexplicably came back to life years later.

MC also future explained the origins of Hyrule in ways OOT never did. The game seemed to have a earlier, less-developed Hyrule as a civilization, plus other things add to it. FSA has the same Link as FS, but not MC. Graphic wise they are similar, but in MC you actually basically make the Petit Sword stronger and reach it's full potentials [the Four Swords]. In Four Swords Link takes it for the first time, and once "A young boy" wielded it, split in four, and defeated Vatti. [this is all from FS's opening]

King Gustoff was a grown man, and never fought Vatti, so therefore MC takes place many [, many, many] years before FS and FSA. And the main focus should actually be the 2D games, since they have a lot of extra detail snuck into them that no one really knows. The 3D games set the outline and are a lot easier to order, but the 2D games often go overlooked, and are far more complicated. Plus there are more of them....even FS and FSA need to be analyzed as diffrent games.
I see. Well, I guess I'll grant you that MC has a different Link and Zelda than FSA, so that part of your theory does fit. My mistake.

My advice: cut: Muchlax, ROB [deconfirmed]. Add: Mewtwo, G&W. BTW, I saw a post that pretty much had unbeatable reasons why G&W should be in Brawl, so I'll try to find a link to it. BTW, did you know the guy who made G&W was the same guy who made the Game Boy, and was Miyamoto's idol=??? He died days before the GB pocket came out, and quit his job at Nintendo or something like that after the ultimate failure of the Virtual Boy, and feeling rejected. IDK, I think that's wat happened. [that's wat I remeber from his wiki article...forgot his name]
Yeah, I heard about that. Wasn't he involved with the old Metroids as well?

As for your advice, I'll give it some consideration.

That just proves he'll add original characters, not stop/not continuing to making clones. And Luigi isn't going to get a moveset around his vacuum [Final Smash maybe], I can ensure that [apparently I'm the only one who liked Luigi's Mansion even a little]. However, I see a moveset that could include his Mario&Luigi RPG moves, or a few of his other classic moves, but I generally see him as a more de-cloned clone. In other words [as I say], SUPER LUIGIFIED! XD By SSB4 he won't be a clone at all, for sure.

Luigi is slowly creepy away from being a clone, and continues so. BTW, if there is a sequal to today's Story Mode [part 3] update, I think that we could see Luigi, since Mario got blasted, and Kirby is all alone. Plus MK and Dedede could appear, along with another Zelda character. WW Link [to heck with TP Link] ftw! :)
Luigi could go either way (clone or original) but I'm leaning towards unique at this point. We'll have to see...

Sounds like a cool idea for the story mode. Was Mario just knocked out of the stadium, or was he KO'd?

Well this actually does not, as...well it just doesn't. It just confirms that he's in, he's got robotic doubles, and is trying to destroy the world. Just because he showed up doesn't discount him as a character, yet.

But, R.O.B. won't be a character in the first place, due to what he is, and the lack of mobility he has. >_>
If ROB were a PT, Sakurai would have revealed it out of nowhere - thus surprising eveyone. Since he was revleaed as part of the story first, that's very unlikely now.

Still, he WOULD have been awesome...

Wiseguy, your not dead.

you never know, he may still be playable, but then it might have similar results with other characters... (points at petey pirahanna, or however the hell you spell it)
Maybe, but I doubt it. I think ROB is all but confirmed.

Hey Wiseguy have you beaten Paper Mario yet? I recently downloaded it on the weekend and I'm up to (quite a way into) Bowser's castle. Beat the 3rd form of the master after the 4th star or so at like level 12 with 15hp and only had to use 1 hp item. Not bad for my first playthrough ^^.

Edit: Bowser down first try, pretty easy. Had to resort to actually healing though since my usual tactic didn't work thanks to one of his attacks.

My tactic is to Chill Out and use Bow and guarding to take as little damage as possible while repeatedly jump charging with Mario. Then when I've got enough charge, use jump bounce to 1-shot. However it didn't work this time around since I was using Watt to attack (and thus got hit more by Bowser's attacks) and Bowser has this attack which dispels your buffs (as well as knocking out your partner). He used it the turn before I was about to 1 shot him, and so my jump bounce went from going to do about 19, 18, 17, 16 etc. to doing like 5, 4, 3, 2.
Not yet. I'm switching between Resident Evil 4 Wii and Paper Mario (when I'm not working or posting on SWF or playing through Tales of Abyss with my bro...) so I'm still pretty early in the game, considering how long I've had it.

I'm glad your enjoying it. I'll probably come to YOU for advice in the coming weeks... ;)

Man Wiseguy, you're list is taking hit after hit after hit :(
Yeah, but my luck has to change sooner or later. It's only a matter of time before I get SOMETHING right.

Awesome, R.O.B. is most likely out as a playable character, but the SSBB team still found a clever way to give him a role in the game. As for Petey, it was alarming to see him there, because I instantly thought about the possibility that he would be playable, when so many other characters are more worthy. This doesn't yet confirm him as playable yet, at least, and he does look pretty cool in the video.
True enough. If ROB couldn't be an PC, at least he has a part in the story mode...

Yeah, ouch to R.O.B supporters, instead of being a Pc, he's a bomb, not even a bomb. The thing that activates the bomb. But, Woo-hoo! to us, because this was one of the coolest updates since the fist this world... update.

Oh yeah...

Metal Gear- Metal Gear (Obvious), Big Boss
I have to admit, this update is pretty awesome. I was skeptical at first, I am now officially excited about the storymode.

Wiseguy...:) Too bad about R.O.B., eh?
Geez, rub it in why don't ya? ;)

i hate you wiseguy.
That's a relief. I'd be worried if I were in the good books of someone so tasteless as to create a sig of Olimar being shot.

Makes sense to me.

A few things:

1) I think you are mistaken Oyster. I watched the vid again, and I think it's just the shadows making them look darker.

2) I dunno. I might be K. Rool, I suppose. He's just hidden, so people don't confuse him as a PC.

3)I agree, though it's probably purely coincidental.

4) :cry:

5) I don't understand that either, myself.

Anyone else think this looks like some sort of robotic suit he uses to get around and not his true form?
Yeah, I expect his true identity will be revealed in the finale'.
Happy Mask Salesman!

in your predictions wiseguy, you should change ROB to something besides possible because they are in brawl if you didn't see the subspace army video.
Yeah, I know. I can'r edit for some reason...

EDIT: Okay, I can edit now. I'll get on it.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
..Do you have to get me and Numa's hopes up for
Happy Mask Salesman? ._.
I would obviously prefer Tingle but he is a good second. Curse you Wiseguy and you shameful antics of death. My finger points.

.Connor_Wilberg.

Smash Rookie
lol i just joined today and i read some of your ideas on the first page....alot of it is very creative and well thought out....i can see alot of it coming true......

btw... love the (and finish him off with a splash) reference.....made me lol

lots of ppl prolly dont get it...

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Zelda time line CBA to talk about it at the moment but ask me anything and i will tell you what i think.
(Can you spot Hylian on the subspace ministers er... bottom?)

Isnt the canon ball one of Petey's sludge bombs?

Majoras Mask > Everything

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
Paper Mario would be totally rad as a PC, but given the emphasis on Sunshine (Delfino Plasa as a Stage and now Petey as an enemy) I think Bowser Jr. is more likely.
Yeah, I really hope Bowser Jr. gets in. Paper Mario might be fun as a clone. Really, I just wanna see some Paper Mario assist trophies. I love Lord Crump and the X-naughts. Or Goombella, she's great too.

Nope, there is a simplier explanation: Diddy & Dixie is not an awesome character idea. Tag team movesets should be reserved for characters who aren't worthy of a moveset all on their own. Diddy, on the other hand, is just as worthy as Donkey Kong to have his own spot on the roster.
Yeah, I suppose two not-worthy characters could be smushed into one barely worthy character... OR tag team movesets can be given to characters who belong on a team. Diddy debuted as a duo with DK, spread his wings as a duo with Dixie, and then came into his own with a series of sports games (half of which paired him with DK) and crowned it all of with a fully solo appearance... as part of the DK crew. Diddy is his own chimp, to be sure, but he's a team player born and raised.

Luigi wasn't TOTALLY original in Melee. Many of his attacks (his Smashes in particular) were variations on Mario's moveset. To me, that fits the definition of a clone.
Clone characters were created because of time contraints. The main purpose of a clone is to save on required development time, and the main way to save on time is to recycle animations. These recycled animations are the mark of a clone.
Luigi's moves are similar to Mario's, but they all have different animations.
This means that no attempt to save time was made for Luigi, and thus he's not a clone, just a character who was designed to be similar to Mario.
Think of it like this: a clone is similar by necessity, Luigi is similar by choice.

But Sakurai has ALWAYS revealed the Special attacks first. The faact that it seems misleading is onlly coincidental.
Or maybe they're not misleading at all.

As with Ike, I'm more itneresting in if Zamu's fighting style as a whole bears similarities to consider her a replacement. They don'y have to share all the same moves to be a replacement.
Luigi bears more than passing resemblance to Mario, but could one plumber ever replace the other?

Indeed. Who would have thought that ROB had such a dark streak?

I wonder in Colbert can make room on his On Notice Board.... ;)
I think ROB could replace Journal of Paleolimnology on the notice board. They've learned their lesson.

2) I dunno. I might be K. Rool, I suppose. He's just hidden, so people don't confuse him as a PC.
Actually, upon closer inspection, I now think the shot came from Petey. Watch the video and keep an eye on where the cannonball comes from. Unless I'm very much mistaken, it comes smack dab out of a big shadow shaped like Petey.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Replacement for R.O.B.:

- Skapon
- Takamaru
- Little Mac

All three are very possible candidates, and two are Japan-only. Mike Jones is just as retro, but not as likely. :grin:

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Yeah, I heard about that. Wasn't he involved with the old Metroids as well?

As for your advice, I'll give it some consideration.
Gunpei Yokoi. Shame on you, people. XD

With R.O.B. gone, I vote for the Balloon Fighter as a replacement. He's retro, was meant to be in Melee, and is unique. I'd say he has good chances. Or maybe you could take Mr. Game and Watch from your graveyard... who knows.

Top Bottom