• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
As for the FE symbol in Melee, they could simply design a new one.
Yeah, the could. They could also not change the Fire Emblem symbol. But until we hear otherwise, we can only assume that the symbol will remain the same.

Finally, influence is all well and good - but actually appearing in the games is more important. And there are plenty of characters in the series who have appeared in more recent games that are just as worthy of appearing in Brawl.
See, that's the thing: "Just as worthy"
All Fire Emblem lords are technically "just as worthy" of being characters, since each of them has their very own game in the series. Appearing in games counts for very little, in a series with roughly the same continuity as Final Fantasy.
So you have to look for other traits beside game appearances. Popularity is one. And influence to the series is another. Ike has the popularity right now, and Marth has the influence. So, in a perfect world, they both get in, and rightly deserve their places. However, if I had to choose, I'd go with Marth, because popularity can be fleeting. Just as Sheik or Marth may lose popularity when they go down a tier, Ike may lose popularity when he ceases to be the fresh new FE lord (or, for all we know, when he makes it into Brawl but is a low tier character).

Actually, on that note, I'd like to talk about Roy for just a second. A lot of people diss Roy, but I think that's unfair. A lot of people call him a bad character, but I think this is mostly an illusion created by his similarities to Marth. Just as people didn't play Zelda as much because they had access to Sheik, I think that people also tended to not play as Roy because of the temptation of switching to the obviously superior Marth. Still, he's a great character and in the right hands his counter, flare blade, and forward smash are enough to make him a beast.
This isn't really on topic, but it's sort of a pet peeve of mine how decent characters can get passed over through no fault of their own.

I still think Dedede is going to end up like Samurai Goroh. A character everyone adds to their prediction lists that will ultimately end up an AT.
Of all the characters Sakurai has stated that he wanted to add to the first smash bros, Dedede is the only one not yet in smash bros. Add to that his amazing popularity as demonstrated by Sakurai's character poll, and Dedede's chances start looking good indeed.

I'll pretend that I didn't read that.
^^^This is a quote against Wiseguy's support of Pikmin. That's just wrong. Pikmin rock. Pikmin rocks so hard that a stray Pikmin disc broke the speed of light, went back in time, and faked the moon landing.

No, but it's about as close to impossible as it could be. There's basically no chance of them choosing Bonk over Bomberman. Goomba is more likely than Bonk.
Actually, yeah, this is true. Bomberman just has more to offer, in my opinion. When you get right down to it, a headbutt is just another way of attacking, but bombs combine the fun of massive, visually pleasing destruction with the thrilling gamble of putting the bombers own welfare at risk. It just seems like the basis for an awesome risk/reward based moveset.

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
even though it's not definitive

rumble falls should replace infinite glacier

therefore chalk one major con for ice climber return

hmmm wise are you feeling a bit more happy

after three straight deconfirmed one part of the list now looks a bit stronger

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
I agree rumble is deffinently a bad sign for IC lovers.
I don't see why. From what we've seen, a Mario Kart level has replaced the F-Zero inspired Mute City, but I don't think anyone would say that Captain Falcon isn't making a comeback.
I'm mostly disappointed that there's still an Infinite Glacier-like level. I never really liked that one in Melee. Still, perhaps Sakurai feels that he's learned enough to make that kind of level fun and workable this time around. I'll just have to hope...

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I don't see why. From what we've seen, a Mario Kart level has replaced the F-Zero inspired Mute City, but I don't think anyone would say that Captain Falcon isn't making a comeback.
I'm mostly disappointed that there's still an Infinite Glacier-like level. I never really liked that one in Melee. Still, perhaps Sakurai feels that he's learned enough to make that kind of level fun and workable this time around. I'll just have to hope...
I think it's because Infinite Glacier is a much more niche stage. You certainly have a point with the Mario Kart stage, but that still just appears to be a normal stage, with the cars being stage hazards, which most stages have in some form or another. Infinite Glacier was much more unique.

That, and I think the general consensus is that C. Falcon has a better chance of getting in due to seniority. And the IC's do seem less popular.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
I think it's pretty safe to assume I can put an "Ice Climbers" coffin next to the graves that say "Deoxys","Tom Nook",and "Samurai Goroh" now. :( Bummer,I always liked them. I just can't see IC's having a different stage.

detonator512

Smash Cadet
If IC are out of the picture, than Diddy and Dixie Kong Duo have a better chance because... it's a DK stage

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
If IC are out of the picture, than Diddy and Dixie Kong Duo have a better chance because... it's a DK stage
NO, Diddy and Dixie stage,just NO! That would ruin Diddy,just leave th team concept alone if the IC's aren't in! Why do you want them together?

Metaknight X

Smash Journeyman
Dammit, why does everyone think that this stage means the ICs will be cut? Come on people, think! Just because this new stage looks similar to Icicle Mountain, it does not mean the ICs are history. Just because this stage looks like the old IC stage, who's to say Sakurai won't make an entirely new Ice Climber stage? I think you're all reading into this a little too much...

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Wow I admire you Wiseguy, you take time to read and reply all posts *bows*

I cant quote all, but I'll say that your predictions are by far the most "likely to be" ones.

And Simon Belmont is Very Likely, How much is very likely? well, more than "Samurai Goro is in Brawl for sure"

Edit: (As a playable character)
Thanks for thre compliment, and yeah Belmont is the most likely of the 3rd party characters, in my view, since they are both owned by Konami.

here is donkeysmasher's 40 character slots list

mario series(6)
mario
luigi
peach
bowser
jr.
Paper mario

Zelda series (5)
link
zelda
ganandorf
midna (wolf link or not)
ww link

pokemon series(4)
pikachu
jigglypuff
mewtwo
lucario

Kirby series (3)
Kirby
Meta
Dedede

Starfox series(3)
Fox
Krystal
Wolf

Dk series (3)
DK
Diddy
K Rool

FE series (2)
Ike
Marth or B Knight

Metroid series(2)
Samus/Zamus
Ridley

Solo representatives (12)
Yoshi
Wario
Pit
Olimar
Ness or Lucas
C Falcon
Snake
Sonic
Megaman
Resetti
Mii
Something unpredictable
The only real problem I have with this is that Samus and Zamus technically count as two characters. Assuming that this means an end to the "something unpredictable" (shame, that's my favorite character of all...) I'd have say that your list is worthy of a rare 10/10! Well done.

Yeah, the could. They could also not change the Fire Emblem symbol. But until we hear otherwise, we can only assume that the symbol will remain the same.
Fair enough. All I'm saying is that anything is possible at thia point.

See, that's the thing: "Just as worthy"
All Fire Emblem lords are technically "just as worthy" of being characters, since each of them has their very own game in the series. Appearing in games counts for very little, in a series with roughly the same continuity as Final Fantasy.
So you have to look for other traits beside game appearances. Popularity is one. And influence to the series is another. Ike has the popularity right now, and Marth has the influence. So, in a perfect world, they both get in, and rightly deserve their places. However, if I had to choose, I'd go with Marth, because popularity can be fleeting. Just as Sheik or Marth may lose popularity when they go down a tier, Ike may lose popularity when he ceases to be the fresh new FE lord (or, for all we know, when he makes it into Brawl but is a low tier character).
Popularity is important, surely (which is why Ike is a shoe in) but appearing prominently in a recent game can also guarantee them a spot over series importance, as was the case with Sheik and Marth.

And again, I think Marth's Japanese-only status more or less cancels out his importance as the first lord - since the series now has a wordwide fanbase to cater to.

Actually, on that note, I'd like to talk about Roy for just a second. A lot of people diss Roy, but I think that's unfair. A lot of people call him a bad character, but I think this is mostly an illusion created by his similarities to Marth. Just as people didn't play Zelda as much because they had access to Sheik, I think that people also tended to not play as Roy because of the temptation of switching to the obviously superior Marth. Still, he's a great character and in the right hands his counter, flare blade, and forward smash are enough to make him a beast.
This isn't really on topic, but it's sort of a pet peeve of mine how decent characters can get passed over through no fault of their own.
I have no ill feelings towards Roy. He was a fine character, and he served his purpose (ie: to advertise for his game) but honestly, he has a double whammy going against him: he doesn't have Marth's petigree as the first lord and he is Japanese-only to boot. It's very likely that he will be replaced, in my view.

Of all the characters Sakurai has stated that he wanted to add to the first smash bros, Dedede is the only one not yet in smash bros. Add to that his amazing popularity as demonstrated by Sakurai's character poll, and Dedede's chances start looking good indeed.
Agreed.

^^^This is a quote against Wiseguy's support of Pikmin. That's just wrong. Pikmin rock. Pikmin rocks so hard that a stray Pikmin disc broke the speed of light, went back in time, and faked the moon landing.
Double agreed. Pikmin owns your face, Freeman123.

Actually, yeah, this is true. Bomberman just has more to offer, in my opinion. When you get right down to it, a headbutt is just another way of attacking, but bombs combine the fun of massive, visually pleasing destruction with the thrilling gamble of putting the bombers own welfare at risk. It just seems like the basis for an awesome risk/reward based moveset.
Ah, but Bonk has so much more to offer than headbutts (as if that weren't enough...) he also has a bizzare spin jump that allows him to hover in mid air, he can bound the ground with his head - creating shockwaves, he can climb walls with his teeth and when he eats meat - he transforms into a vicous barabian/beat thing. Point being, there are plenty of cool ideas to draw upon when designing a Bonk moveset.

even though it's not definitive

rumble falls should replace infinite glacier

therefore chalk one major con for ice climber return

hmmm wise are you feeling a bit more happy

after three straight deconfirmed one part of the list now looks a bit stronger
I think that's most likely true. Ice Climbers didin't have a great chance of returning in the first place, and the fact that their stage has been replaced with a DK remake is not a good sign.

I think it's because Infinite Glacier is a much more niche stage. You certainly have a point with the Mario Kart stage, but that still just appears to be a normal stage, with the cars being stage hazards, which most stages have in some form or another. Infinite Glacier was much more unique.

That, and I think the general consensus is that C. Falcon has a better chance of getting in due to seniority. And the IC's do seem less popular.
I'm going to have to side with Circus. The Mario Kart stage is has a more unique design, and besdies - Mute city isn't the only F-Zero stage idea they could go with (ala Big Blue).

That's a stretch, in my view. This is a Donkey Konga stage - which Dixie did not appear in. Besides, Diddt doesn't need his deadweight girlfriend. He has a jetpack.

The ICs were bound to get a new stage anyway, so I don't see why this is such a problem.
Dammit, why does everyone think that this stage means the ICs will be cut? Come on people, think! Just because this new stage looks similar to Icicle Mountain, it does not mean the ICs are history. Just because this stage looks like the old IC stage, who's to say Sakurai won't make an entirely new Ice Climber stage? I think you're all reading into this a little too much...
However, jumping up and up an endless series of platforms is literally all there is to the game Ice Climbers. With that niche filled by DK's new stage, I'd say ICs' chances are slim at best.

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
Popularity is important, surely (which is why Ike is a shoe in) but appearing prominently in a recent game can also guarantee them a spot over series importance, as was the case with Sheik and Marth.
I'm going to assume you mean Roy, not Marth, seeing as Roy was most recent FE character at the time of Melee.
Anyway, Melee came before Path of Radience, when all the lords were pretty much equal. Roy just happened to be both recent and on fire. But he still didn't get the spot over the influential Marth. In both examples of Sheik and Roy the important characters were already in. Sheik wouldn't have been in had she not been a transformation of Zelda, and Roy was a clone of Marth. In each case, influence got first dibs over popularity.
However, I'd say that Roy can't be used as an example of Sakurai's policy because he's a clone. And as we all know from clones like Pichu, Dr. Mario, and Young Link, it's possible for a clone to get in not on popularity or importance but on the sheer weight of being similar to an already established character.

And again, I think Marth's Japanese-only status more or less cancels out his importance as the first lord - since the series now has a wordwide fanbase to cater to.
I don't see why. Marth (and Roy) are the reasons why Fire Emblem even HAS a world wide fanbase in the first place. It was their popularity in Melee that convinced Nintendo to release the other two GBA FE games outside Japan, and all the console games thereafter. Anyone who's even remotley interested in the series enough to be considered part of the fanbase probably knows something about Marth, be it his roll in the origins of the series or in bringing the series to a world wide audience.
Besides, the Fanbase Sakuari would be appealing to, people who both love FE AND are interested in Smash Bros, are sure to know about Marth.

I have no ill feelings towards Roy. He was a fine character, and he served his purpose (ie: to advertise for his game) but honestly, he has a double whammy going against him: he doesn't have Marth's petigree as the first lord and he is Japanese-only to boot. It's very likely that he will be replaced, in my view.
I dunno about the Japanese-only thing. It didn't seem to matter much the first time around. But I can agree that Roy's position is unstable right now. But come on, he is really cool, and his sword is on fire. Plus, if he does make the cut and get de-cloned he could have one awesome moveset... still, his chances aren't too great.

Double agreed. Pikmin owns your face, Freeman123.
Well, they did for a small time. But, you know how it is, give Pikmin anything they can carry and they just start bringin' it to the onion...

Ah, but Bonk has so much more to offer than headbutts (as if that weren't enough...) he also has a bizzare spin jump that allows him to hover in mid air, he can bound the ground with his head - creating shockwaves, he can climb walls with his teeth and when he eats meat - he transforms into a vicous barabian/beat thing. Point being, there are plenty of cool ideas to draw upon when designing a Bonk moveset.
Yes, and that would all be great. I can picture him as a sort of small, yet heavy character. But you must admit that the increased risk and reward of an explosion-based moveset has merit as well. Besides, Bomberman is very obviously Hudson's mascot character right now.

I think that's most likely true. Ice Climbers didin't have a great chance of returning in the first place, and the fact that their stage has been replaced with a DK remake is not a good sign.
I'm pretty sure Ice Climbers have a better chance of returning than you think. Sakurai added them in Melee on the unique aspect of being a team character alone. For him, that was enough to trump Wario, Diddy Kong, and Ganondorf. I don't think he'd cut them now just because they're old and retro anymore than he passed them over for being old and retro the first time.
Honestly, I don't think Sakurai cares, he just wants to add interesting ways to play.

That's a stretch, in my view. This is a Donkey Konga stage - which Dixie did not appear in. Besides, Diddt doesn't need his deadweight girlfriend. He has a jetpack.
But without Dixie how could Diddy become an awesome fighting monkey team?

However, jumping up and up an endless series of platforms is literally all there is to the game Ice Climbers. With that niche filled by DK's new stage, I'd say ICs' chances are slim at best.
Unless Sakurai gives them a stage that's just the ice-covered slopes and peaks of some mountains, with that giant condor/pterodactyl flying overhead and inconveniencing passers-by. That could work too.
Come on, did Samus ever have to deal with a rotating block of earth controlled by Kraid a la Brinstar Depths? I don't think so. A level works as long as it fits the theme of whatever series it comes from, it doesn't have to match perfectly (or even slightly).

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
What are they going to call this character in the game? "Midna & Wolf Link" is a stupid name for a character.
If you had read the moveset (like you were reccomended to do), you would realize that Midna is the focus of the two. Wolf Link would have few attacks compared to Midna and, thus, showing that she is the main focus of the two.

Therefore, the proper title of the duo is just simply "Midna".

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
in the range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255
If you had read the moveset (like you were reccomended to do), you would realize that Midna is the focus of the two. Wolf Link would have few attacks compared to Midna and, thus, showing that she is the main focus of the two.

Yeah, and it could be only Midna also, using Wlink for her smash final... oh... wait, her smash final would be that gigantic black spider...

I know what to do in this cases: Wiseguy there's a chance of a Midna-solo?

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Yeah, and it could be only Midna also, using Wlink for her smash final... oh... wait, her smash final would be that gigantic black spider...

Really, as long as she's in Brawl, I'm happy. I really just can't see Midna solo. Because she's floaty and has a lot of dark themed magic, if she were to go solo I fear that she would become a Mewtwo clone (not saying she will, but it's a good possibility.)

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
I'm going to assume you mean Roy, not Marth, seeing as Roy was most recent FE character at the time of Melee.
Anyway, Melee came before Path of Radience, when all the lords were pretty much equal. Roy just happened to be both recent and on fire. But he still didn't get the spot over the influential Marth. In both examples of Sheik and Roy the important characters were already in. Sheik wouldn't have been in had she not been a transformation of Zelda, and Roy was a clone of Marth. In each case, influence got first dibs over popularity.
However, I'd say that Roy can't be used as an example of Sakurai's policy because he's a clone. And as we all know from clones like Pichu, Dr. Mario, and Young Link, it's possible for a clone to get in not on popularity or importance but on the sheer weight of being similar to an already established character.
Yep, I meant Roy. Sorry for the confusion...

I really do think that appearing in a recent game helps a character's chances. This would explain why the most recent incarnations of the Zelda characters, for istance, are always used.

I don't see why. Marth (and Roy) are the reasons why Fire Emblem even HAS a world wide fanbase in the first place. It was their popularity in Melee that convinced Nintendo to release the other two GBA FE games outside Japan, and all the console games thereafter. Anyone who's even remotley interested in the series enough to be considered part of the fanbase probably knows something about Marth, be it his roll in the origins of the series or in bringing the series to a world wide audience.
Besides, the Fanbase Sakuari would be appealing to, people who both love FE AND are interested in Smash Bros, are sure to know about Marth.
Their role in Melee has made Marth and Roy well known, but their importance to the Fire Emblem series has remained unchanged, in my view. It is based on the Fire Emblem games that Marth and Roy should be judged, and the fact that their games can't be played by the majority of FE should not be overlooked.

I dunno about the Japanese-only thing. It didn't seem to matter much the first time around. But I can agree that Roy's position is unstable right now. But come on, he is really cool, and his sword is on fire. Plus, if he does make the cut and get de-cloned he could have one awesome moveset... still, his chances aren't too great.
His Japanese-only status didn't matter before simply because there were no internationally popular FE characters to compete with at the time.

Roy's moveset is plenty cool, but Black Knight would be cooler still - and he has the bonus of being the most important villian in the series at the moment.

Well, they did for a small time. But, you know how it is, give Pikmin anything they can carry and they just start bringin' it to the onion...
Wow. No wonder that guy sounds mad all the time...

Yes, and that would all be great. I can picture him as a sort of small, yet heavy character. But you must admit that the increased risk and reward of an explosion-based moveset has merit as well. Besides, Bomberman is very obviously Hudson's mascot character right now.
Wow. My spelling is really atrocious lately...

Bomerman is the obvious choice for a Hudson rep, but I'm hoping against hope that Sakurai will see how brilliantly Bonk would fit in Smash and choose him instead to complete the Mario/Sonic/Bonk rivalry.

I'm pretty sure Ice Climbers have a better chance of returning than you think. Sakurai added them in Melee on the unique aspect of being a team character alone. For him, that was enough to trump Wario, Diddy Kong, and Ganondorf. I don't think he'd cut them now just because they're old and retro anymore than he passed them over for being old and retro the first time.
Honestly, I don't think Sakurai cares, he just wants to add interesting ways to play.
The presence of ICs and G&W in Melee clearly demonstrated that Sakurai repsects retro characters - but I also suspect that a creative genius such as he will want to include as many new characters as possible. This is why I think ICs and G&W will be axed in favor of two new retro characters like ROB and Balloon Fighter.

But without Dixie how could Diddy become an awesome fighting monkey team?
Between his jetpack, peanut pistols, orange grenades and electric guitar Diddy is already a force to be reconed with. That stupid girlfriend of his would only slow him down.

Unless Sakurai gives them a stage that's just the ice-covered slopes and peaks of some mountains, with that giant condor/pterodactyl flying overhead and inconveniencing passers-by. That could work too.
Come on, did Samus ever have to deal with a rotating block of earth controlled by Kraid a la Brinstar Depths? I don't think so. A level works as long as it fits the theme of whatever series it comes from, it doesn't have to match perfectly (or even slightly).
I suppose so... but this update at least leaves the possibility open for the IC's removal.

Hmmm... maybe. I personally like the idea of Wolf Link being an equal partner, but I suppose the name doesn't matter all that much anyways.

I think Midna is all but guaranteed to appear in some form. She was by far the central figure in Twilight Princess and she is all but guaranteed to have a unique moveset. Whether she appears in solo Imp form, with her wolf sidekick or in her "true" Twili form (seriously, it could work) is anyone's guess. But after reading Ferro's movset, my money's on Midna/Wolf link tag team as that clearly has the greaest potential for a unique moveset.

Fyacin_the_Deadeyed

Smash Cadet
I think her true Twili form would be far too much like zelda (although I would prefer her as a zelda clone then completley absent) and I never like the imp+wolf combo so much so I vote for solo midna.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
I think her true Twili form would be far too much like zelda (although I would prefer her as a zelda clone then completley absent) and I never like the imp+wolf combo so much so I vote for solo midna.
I dunno, I think Sakurai could actually devise a pretty unique moveset for Twili Midna. I'm not too keen on solo Imp Midna, personally - but I suppose it could work.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Human-ish Midna...no, I do not think she will be in the game, in any form. Imp Midna on the otherhand, I think will make a apperance. Heck that one could be a playable character. (I plan on getting to her moveset someday. >_>)

The thing with the human form, is not only everything has to be made up, but it's also a big spoiler. You know, the type that doesn't show up until after the final boss.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I guess my point is, why wouldn't Nintendo want people to assume that Brawl is online, even if this has changed? Rather than flat out denying it, they could just lie low before revealing the terrible truth just before release. It may sound dishonest, but it also sells systems.

It's sorta what they did with Prime 3. For months and months, Reggie refused to rule out online multiplayer in the game. Then last month, the truth came out that the team had focused entirely on the singleplayer experience.

In this case, I didn't much care about the lack of multiplayer (Prime has always been about the adventure for me) but they should have been clear about that from the start - rather than string hapless FPS fans along.
Ya, it's a pretty different situation, though. We have a single player adventure series which people make crazy expectations about because the camera is in the same spot as another lame genre that has to ride on its online multiplayer to be worth much of anything. Everyone hated the multiplayer in the second game and there was never a solid confirmation of it returning as there never was about online play. Then we have a multiplayer heavy game that was announced as being online and then when it was first shown after development had actually started it was stated by the director that online was intended to be in. It's old news, sure, but since they're treating all of the old news from the trailers equal to new stuff in terms of updates it's not that wild that we don't know any more about it yet. Actually, there was an interview today with Reggie and he reiterates that they are going to be making SSBB announcements at a later date...and still says to check the Dojo.

As for the Midna stuff...it probably wouldn't be that big of a spoiler. It'll be over a year when it comes out which should be enough time. Anyone who wanted the game would've bought it by now and anyone who bought should've beaten it by now as well.

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
woot one more confirmed in all our lists

questions: how do you think the recovery works exactly? a simple boost? he throws eggs other way? etc

when sakurai said he can attack midflight i thought of an improbable but awesome theory
does that mean he can attack and still keep his jump trajectory?

Is that a new attack on dk? he looks like he's biting him

finally he is now in mario party/sports design (a little chubbier and shorter tail) i don't mind but does anyone else?

here's hoping for good discussion tomorrow good night

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman
Popping in on something I just realized, I do apologize if it's already been noted. But for the whole Nook-on-AC-stage thing. Falco -does- appear on Corneria in the Adventure mode/using Fox's secret taunt, and Fox also appears (speaks) on Venom when using Falco's secret taunt. Just a bit comparable, but it got me thinking.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
OK um that made my day .
Cool. I'm glad.

Human-ish Midna...no, I do not think she will be in the game, in any form. Imp Midna on the otherhand, I think will make a apperance. Heck that one could be a playable character. (I plan on getting to her moveset someday. >_>)

The thing with the human form, is not only everything has to be made up, but it's also a big spoiler. You know, the type that doesn't show up until after the final boss.
As I say to everyone: Twili Midna is on the cover of the game manual, so it wouldn't be a total spoiler. Besides, Brawl is coming out a full year after Twilight Princess. How long are we going to shield these people from the truth?

Ya, it's a pretty different situation, though. We have a single player adventure series which people make crazy expectations about because the camera is in the same spot as another lame genre that has to ride on its online multiplayer to be worth much of anything. Everyone hated the multiplayer in the second game and there was never a solid confirmation of it returning as there never was about online play. Then we have a multiplayer heavy game that was announced as being online and then when it was first shown after development had actually started it was stated by the director that online was intended to be in. It's old news, sure, but since they're treating all of the old news from the trailers equal to new stuff in terms of updates it's not that wild that we don't know any more about it yet. Actually, there was an interview today with Reggie and he reiterates that they are going to be making SSBB announcements at a later date...and still says to check the Dojo.

As for the Midna stuff...it probably wouldn't be that big of a spoiler. It'll be over a year when it comes out which should be enough time. Anyone who wanted the game would've bought it by now and anyone who bought should've beaten it by now as well.
You do make a good point, in that Sakurai seems to like re-revealing old inforamtion on his blog as if it were new...

I won't give up hope yet. But don't expect me to call off the hounds until Sakurai puts our fears at ease.

woot one more confirmed in all our lists

questions: how do you think the recovery works exactly? a simple boost? he throws eggs other way? etc

when sakurai said he can attack midflight i thought of an improbable but awesome theory
does that mean he can attack and still keep his jump trajectory?

Is that a new attack on dk? he looks like he's biting him

finally he is now in mario party/sports design (a little chubbier and shorter tail) i don't mind but does anyone else?

here's hoping for good discussion tomorrow good night

Yoshi returneth! Finally, the original 8 starting characters in SSB64 have reunited! I like Yoshi's new look and the news that he's finally being gvien a triple jump is great.

As for what Yoshi is doing in this screen... I have no clue.

Popping in on something I just realized, I do apologize if it's already been noted. But for the whole Nook-on-AC-stage thing. Falco -does- appear on Corneria in the Adventure mode/using Fox's secret taunt, and Fox also appears (speaks) on Venom when using Falco's secret taunt. Just a bit comparable, but it got me thinking.
Oh it's certainly, possible for Nook to be included as both a playable and part of the stage - but it's pretty unusual all the same. Nothing is for certain, but I doubt Sakurai would have revealed that update if he wanted us to think that Nook was still a possibility.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629

Ladies and Gentlemen, good morning.

I was looking at this image, and realized... I don't recognize this stage...

So I propose to you, is this a new stage, or one we've seen and I just can't figure out which one it is... :-?

EDIT: Looking at the Bowser image on page one... I think this could be the FE stage, but from a different angle. But I could be wrong... ;)

Wiseguy

Smash Champion

Ladies and Gentlemen, good morning.

I was looking at this image, and realized... I don't recognize this stage...

So I propose to you, is this a new stage, or one we've seen and I just can't figure out which one it is... :-?

EDIT: Looking at the Bowser image on page one... I think this could be the FE stage, but from a different angle. But I could be wrong... ;)
That's definitely the FE stage. I'm still waiting for that to appear on the site, as this stage intrigues me...
Indeed that is the (awesome) Fire Emblem stage. You can tell by the identical forrests in the background and the like coloured rooftop. My guess is that we won't see that stage in an update until after Ike/Marth is confirmed.

Metaknight X

Smash Journeyman
Indeed that is the (awesome) Fire Emblem stage. You can tell by the identical forrests in the background and the like coloured rooftop. My guess is that we won't see that stage in an update until after Ike/Marth is confirmed.
Good point. Yeah, they'll probably reveal Ike or Marth before they reveal more about this stage...

On the other hand, there is Smashville, which doesn't have a character assigned to it at the moment and may well not have (although Resetti>all), which may mean that the stage may be well appear on the site sooner than we think, Ike/Marth or no Ike/Marth...

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
The thing is though is when the FE stage is revealed, the symbol will be too. In melee, the symbol was styled after Marth's falchion blade, so if it remains the same, it pretty much guarantees his return (like the F-zero does for Captain Falcon, seeing as it's still the falcon symbol). If it's changed however, then it points to the fact that Marth isn't returning (unless it's a more universal symbol rather than a specific sword in the series).

And regarding the stage, the general consensus is split over whether it's Akanea, a place from Marth's games, or Daein, a place from Ike's. When the stage is updated, we'll know which one it is, which'll give huge support for either the return of Marth or the inclusion of Ike. That's why I doubt we'll see any FE related updates til we the main FE rep for brawl.

Which is shame because I'd actually like to see something FE related, but I don't think we'll get anytime soon.

Metaknight X

Smash Journeyman
The thing is though is when the FE stage is revealed, the symbol will be too. In melee, the symbol was styled after Marth's falchion blade, so if it remains the same, it pretty much guarantees his return (like the F-zero does for Captain Falcon, seeing as it's still the falcon symbol). If it's changed however, then it points to the fact that Marth isn't returning (unless it's a more universal symbol rather than a specific sword in the series).

And regarding the stage, the general consensus is split over whether it's Akanea, a place from Marth's games, or Daein, a place from Ike's. When the stage is updated, we'll know which one it is, which'll give huge support for either the return of Marth or the inclusion of Ike. That's why I doubt we'll see any FE related updates til we the main FE rep for brawl.

Which is shame because I'd actually like to see something FE related, but I don't think we'll get anytime soon.
We KNOW it's from Daein: it said so in an old edition of Nintendo Power...

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
anyway luigi is next character why? mama luigi

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gmaknzSZSCE&mode=related&search=

jk

anyway here are my theories for yoshi's egg throwing third jump

1.simple boost
Pro: doesn't change move at all
Con: no explanation or animation
2.yoshi throws egg downward
Pro: simple animation and can give another style of projectile to yoshi
Con: jumping and throwing eggs in traditional way is gone
3. in air yoshi does something acrobatic with egg like hugging it while throwing or jumping on it
Pro: longest third jump out of the three
Con: same as #2
4. while it's not a complete theory an extra config like pressing a or tapping will make yoshi do #2 or #3 of my theories
Pro: is a compromise of both needs of yoshi's egg throw
Con: might complicate the wiimote on side controler

finally on the dk picture
maybe yoshi can now ride other characters
sweet revenge mario

Al Calnos

Smash Journeyman
...Am I the only one slightly disturbed by that last picture of Yoshi and DK? Well anyways, good to finally see Yoshi is back, even if I rarely use him.

So who's left that's confirmed/semi-confirmed and not on the site yet? Meta Knight, Ike/Marth, Captain Falcon, maybe an Animal Crossing rep, and Solid Snake (Who I think will be unlockable, so I doubt he'll appear soon), right?

After that the character updates should become a little more... interesting :)

Anyways, I was looking at the website and the characters we have so far, and...well... is it just me, or do Zelda and Samus look kinda the same in the face? Maybe I'm crazy..

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
The thing is though is when the FE stage is revealed, the symbol will be too. In melee, the symbol was styled after Marth's falchion blade, so if it remains the same, it pretty much guarantees his return (like the F-zero does for Captain Falcon, seeing as it's still the falcon symbol).
Using that logic, Nook is confirmed because his leaf is the symbol.

I doubt it's Daein... There is no snow. However, I can see it being Cremia while Ashnard was in control of it.

You and me both, man. You and me both.

So who's left that's confirmed/semi-confirmed and not on the site yet? Meta Knight, Ike/Marth, Captain Falcon, maybe an Animal Crossing rep, and Solid Snake (Who I think will be unlockable, so I doubt he'll appear soon), right?
Well, it is confirmed that Snake is a hidden character and my money is on Meta being one too. If my theoy is correct, we won't be seeing their (or any other hidden character's) profiles until after/near the game's launch.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Using that logic, Nook is confirmed because his leaf is the symbol.

Well, it is confirmed that Snake is a hidden character and my money is on Meta being one too. If my theoy is correct, we won't be seeing their (or any other hidden character's) profiles until after/near the game's launch.
Exactly. Don't discount Nook just yet, my friend. :)

And I agree with you on Metaknight! It's so nice finding someone else that feels the same way. The Halberd looming in the (possible) opening movie only augments the support for this theory, as far as I'm concerned. We'll see, but I expect MK--and D^3, for that matter--to only show their faces as unlockable characters.

Fyacin_the_Deadeyed

Smash Cadet
As far as the FE stage goes, wasn't there a screen with a flag on it a while ago? And there was like a dragon on the flag or something? That might be the symbol.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859

you may be wrong, as yoshi's stage was revealed early, and yoshi was revealed today. i hope we get something FE related soon. and by the ways things are going, I'm inclined to believe meta-knight is a starter. this is for 1 reason. we know snake is hidden, right? we don't have any screen shots of him on the dojo. meta-knight on the other hand, has plenty of screeny's. if it weren't for that, i would agree.

Top Bottom