• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
well this is a great update

can't wait to talk about it in this good thread tomorrow

my guess is he's a puppet sent by master hand (story mode anyone)

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
When all is said and done, there will be a top ten list of some sort counting down the best updates on the Dojo.
This will probably be Number 1 or 2.
A friggin' story mode?
Goddam, that's amazing.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
This update is incredible. I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys have to say about it tomorrow.

For now, though, I'm going to bed. Wish me luck on grabbing my second job, gents. The interview's tomorrow.

Smooth Criminal

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
wow. i wonder who the new badguy is, but it sure doesn't look like the master hand. maybe they'll work him in as a good guy, or the god of the world. and this new freak, i hope he is playable.

User33

Smash Journeyman
Ridley is apparantly in the clouds in one of the screens, along with Bowser. Ridley confirmed?

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
When I tryed to get the picture for Copperpot, I think I found something like a name for the purple guy. You know how Bowser pictures start wth bowser and DK pictures begin with donkeykong? Well this guys picture started with modea, percisely modea01_070720k|.jpg

PS. That's the Halbred, not Ridley

PSS. On closer inspectio of the picture, it seems like more of them are forming behind him, pehaps they are fighting wire frames

Wiseguy

Smash Champion

BEHOLD!! The face of pure EVIL!!!!

Yes, I saw today's update and I'm not sure what to think.

A story mode in Smash Bros? Did we really need a justification for Solid Snake punching Mario in the face? Personally, I've always seen a Smah Bros story as unnecessary - much like a Tetris story mode. (In a world..... where random blocks fall from the sky....... ) Come to think of it, the intro movies in past Smashes have sort of hinted at some kind of story, though I doubt most really thought about it.

Though to be honest, I'm pretty excited to see what Sakurai has in mind. Brawl is unquestionably the Wii's killer ap, so making the game as robust as possible can only be a good thing (even if I'm still buying the game for the multiplayer). However, the idea that we aren't getting online play becuase so much time was put into the single player experience makes my head spin and my skin crawl. Let's hope I'm just being paranoid.

In other news....

i really hope Jigglypuff does return, hes my favorite character and my best character even though hes not the best at taking hits. but still i do not appreciate the people who diss jigglypuff or pichu. especially wiseguys comments about them in his prediction list. that was not cool. ok ill shut up now..
Sorry man. Keep in mind that all my comments are just my persoanl opinions. Feel free to disagree if you wish.

yeh

i will play smash just like any other sequel made by nintendo

play it, have fun, adapt to changes, train hard, all while experiencing the same things with friends

i loved sunshine, melee, and the other sequels in the gc

why can't people learn that adaption and perseverence is what truly makes a vg
Wiser words were never uttered.

Here here! How true. Without going out on a limb, you'll never get the sweetest fruit. I know that somethings in Brawl seem overly diffrent and out there, but in the end, it's all worth it. I mean in Melee, I'm sure it would have been seen as impossible or crazy to have a 2D character, two characters you control at once, or a transforming character. Don't think that this will be horrible. It'll probably even things out between the transformations. But all in all, the things eople think will be too crazy or out there will probably be one of the best features in Brawl. And if you don't like it you'll probably learn to love it.
Technically, Samus' Zero Suit is from the Metroid series, but I see your point.

*Ahem* ;)

Doesn't anyone else think that looks an awful lot like Sheik's downsmash?
*Raised hand*

Ladies and gentleman, behold Sheik's replacement.

Just like to let Wiseguy know, Falco's coming back. That's all.
Wow. Thanks for giving us that inside info Sakurai. I had no idea a man in your position visited Smashboards! By the way, if I give you my first born child, will you include online multiplayer in Braw?

Indeed it does; the move that kind of looks like Sheik's break-dancing. I thought the same thing too when I saw it... Could Zero Suit Samus possibly be the new Sheik?
I really, realy hope so.

Please, Sakurai, have mercy upon the causal player and DO NOT FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS SACRED AND HOLY BRING BACK SAMUS, NO MATTER THE INCARNATION!!!!

Amen.
You want SAMUS to be cut? The protagonist in Nintendo's greatest (yeah, I said it) single player series of all time?!

Stay right there ODL. I'm just going to call the nice men in white coats to take you away...

The rumors have already been flying, and all her moves so far look either like they're highly lifted from Sheik or just very much in her spirit of doing things. I think it's pretty possible that this is where Sakurai's airlifted Sheik's moveset to now that we probably won't be actually seeing OoT Zelda's mansformation in the game. ;)
Things are looking up for the Shiek-Must-Die club (of which I am founder and president for life). I've already ordered the champaign for that glorious update where Zelda's new down-B move is unveiled.

Animation-wise, it's identical Captain Falcon's getting up attack.

...<_< Most of her attacks that've been shown greatly resemble those done by Captain Falcon in SSBM. She doesn't run as fast as Sheik could, jumps higher...She really doesn't look like she could replace Sheik like a lot of people have been saying. :/
Obviously there are differances stat-wise, but I still think the moveset is heavily inspired by Shiek's. The breakdance move shown in the screenshot was also preformed in the Nintendo World trailer and it looks pretty similar to one of Sheik's smash attacks.

Why Sakurai? Why? You know how much people seem to hate Shiek, and yet you create another Shiek type character, only make it playable via items (therefor only on casual play) and give her longer range? Do you hate us that much? Pity the casual player.
Remember, Sakurai assumes that we are going to play with items. With that being the case, Zamus transformations won't be that rare at all. Personally, I prefer the scenario where players have no control of the transformation. That way players may feel compelled to actyually master both movesets, rather than simply choose which one they like and ognore the other.

If you read SamuraiPanda's thread, Sakurai and Nintendo said that the 3rd party developers need to keep it a secret, otherwise they won't do it. Trust me, they went for the biggest 3rd party characters=Sonic the Hedgehog and Megaman. Now who else is happy=???
Why would they want to keep this a secret? The revelation that Sonic or Megaman is appearing one of the biggest Nitnedo games of the year is something that would only help sales of Sonic and Megaman games. And if they were going to announce it, what better time than E3?

Yes, but why not get spoiled=??? In SSB64 Sakurai wanted in depth story, Miyamoto told him to focus on multiplater. In SSBM the same thing happened, only Miyamoto let Sakurai do the single iplayer after the multiplayer had come together. in Brawl, Miyamoto is letting Sakurai free, and Sakurai is doing the same thing, but has a special team devote only to single player mode. Hopefully we get the detailed single player mode I was talking about and hoping for. That would make me excited and extremely happy!
After today's update, it's clear that Sakurai agrees with you. I just hope online play wasn't sacrificed so that Brawl could have a story mode....

Mewtwo is awsome, c'mon how isn't he=??? And the puff in smash is awsome, and Pikachu has some pretty sweet moves. Don't even mention Pichu, unless you talk about Chu Dat's pwnage skillz with Pichu, definitely worth mentioning.
"How are the Pokemon not awesome"? If every possible way, that's how. Pokemon suck. Don't be brainwahed, kids.

Because DK almost outsells Metroid it 4 to 1.
That's only one factor to consider. Metroid, for example, is a far more critically acclaimed series. And currently, Metroid is far more relevant. Which do you think is going to sell more Wii systems, Donkey Kong: Bongo Blast or Metroid Prime 3: Corruption?

But Resetti only appears when you push the reset button, which virtually nobody does. At least Nook was one of the most important characters, Resetti is a minor one. Face it, he has little hope.
The AC icon suggests that at least one character from the series will appear, and Resseti is as good a guess as any. Besides, he's a character that every AC fan remembers and loves. Who hasn't hit reset over and over just to make the guy freak out?

Because he felt like making it feel more...human. Also, lack of reps and lack of meaning in the series for Resetti kills him. Face it, he doensn't play that big of roll. I'll give you that Nook played a big roll, but Resetti is a NO!
If not Resseti, than who? Mii has no affiliation with the series at all (AC Wii is more than a year away, and we still don't know if Miis will appear) so that rules them out. Nook and the generic AC human are both in the background of Smashville - so who's Animal Crossing icon is that?

Miis ftw! after all...."THIS IS SPARTA!!!!"
Miis should appear, but not as an AC rep.

I'm not arguing that at all.
I know, I was just setting the stage for my next point.

Black Knight doesn't serve a nearly as prominant roll as Marth. And unless you actually played his game, and understand the words he says, I see no legiment reason to hate on him. Face it, in comparision, Black Knight doesn't serve half as a important roll as Marth in the series. And his time isn't up, he's the star of 2 classic games, and classics live forever. Now for the 3rd spot I think there will be, Black Knight is the 2nd most likely IMO, only behind Roy. Miciah...well she doesn't look cool at all. Seems like a Zelda rip off...
Marth is less important to the series overall because the majority of FE fans can't play his games. Black Knight, on the other hand, is now the most important villian in the series (with his inclusion in GoD). Roy is even less worthy becuase even the Japanese hate his game.

Seriously, how would TP controls and graphics on OOT, MM, and WW not be awsome=??? (okay maybe not graphics on WW). That would be totally awsome, maybe package them together like the Collector's Edition, or Ocarina of Time: Master Quest. That would seriously pwn some anti-Lucario scrub but! :) Plus Shiggy said that there won't be another Zelda for a while sadly. Something tells me he is working on Star Fox Wii, Pikmin Wii, and F-Zero Wii.
I not saying they wouldn't be awesome, but I'd rather they put that effort into making an all new Wii Zelda. Maybe just use TP's engine and make a MM-esque sequel.

I love his comments on Deoxys "This one is popular"=stupid. Imagine him going: Diddy Kong: AT "This one is popular", Ridley AT: "This one is popular", Megaman AT: "This one is popular". That is basically what he said. Not his brightest moment.
To me, this is further proof that we're getting a smaller, more balanced roster as opposed to a massive 40+ character game. Deoxys and Goroh must have been important enough to at least consider making playable, but there were simply others who were more worthy. At least that's my theory.

"But Resetti only appears when you push the reset button, which virtually nobody does. At least Nook was one of the most important characters, Resetti is a minor one. Face it, he has little hope."

That little *******s lectures got more **** annoying each time. and longer too. one time i wasn't able to get through the lecture and sold the game.

And midna was annoying too. with her freaking laugh everytime you got close to something you needed to do, or just randomly to throw you off. little *****. and she was making you do things, but wouldn't tell you how, and got pissed if they weren't completed. i hate midna and ressetti.
Don't mind him. SR93 is just peeved because he knows Sheik's days are numbered. ;)

Whoah, whoah, whoah. Where is all of this hatred comng from? I know, I've played Twilight Princess, I found the laugh to be helpful in some situations. Of course, I think we can all agree that Midna was better than Navi for two reasons: 1. HEY!!! LOOK!!! LISTEN!!! Enough said. 2. She, unlike Navi, did stuff. Her cool, glowing hand from her head, the Circle of Coolness she'd produes, the fact that she was the most important person in the game, second to Link.(She was the TWILIGHT PRINCESS!!)

On Resetti, yeah he's annoying, but it's funny, to push this nutter's buttns and watch him bawl and scream and go to incrediblr legnths to stop you frompushing a button. Personally, I think he's the only AC to be put in Brawl, he's got a weapon, he's got the "I'm gonna ****in' kill you!" attitude and, who expects an agry pick-axe wailding mole? No one!

But listen, every game has an annoying character. They're justthere to stop you from playing the game wrong until you never get to the final boss because you never notice that button. Case in point: As annoying a Midna is, she's there to prevent you from doing stupid stuff. Same with Resetti, just look at it from their perspective: "Hit the button! No, over there. GOD! No, don't do that. WTF! No, I can't just tell you, then you'll tink the game's too easy and hate it... NO! Great, we're dead." You see?
Personally, I didin't Midna annoying in the least. I actually thought the character made the game's story one of the most compelling in the series.

As for Resseti, he owns. There is no disputting this fact.

Samus and Captain Falcon shared a few moves in Melee because they had a similar frame or build or whatever you want to call it. They were both humanoid characters that were the same height and had similar proportions. So, one's move could be given to the other with little effort. Now, Zero Suit Samus is a tall, skinny, humanoid character who is slighter stronger and faster than the average human because she was infused with Chozo blood. So likely, she will have similar moves to Captain Falcon (her Down B move that she used in the second trailer) because he too, is a very fast and very strong humanoid character. She will also have similar moves to Shiek (a couple of her tilts) because she is a flexible, female humanoid character, too. And of course, she will share similar moves to the suited Samus (her get up attack after she's been knocked down) because she is Samus. It's hard to think of a lot of ways that the human body can bend and move in an attempt to harm another, so of course you're going to see similar attack animations.

I wouldn't jump to conclusions and say she's a clone or incarnation of anybody at this point. We've only seen four or five of her moves. And if Sakurai keeps true to her character, she will be a very feeble, yet agile character. So I do not see her as a broken character like Shiek by any means.
I wouldn't say Zamus is a clone by any means or that she will be broken. But her similar fighting style and the fact that she is a transformation, it is feesable that she might be a Sheik replacement. But yeah, it's still too early to know for sure.

no duh falco's back, i think starfox will get four reps, but even if they don't falco won't leave.

and wiseguy, check out my new sig
That's an awesome sig, and not just becuase I coined the phrase (I'm still waiting for that royalty check, Gypsy Lee!;)) but don't get too used to it. I've that a nive WW sig with your name on it.

I really do want Fierce Deity Link to be in the game in fact he should of been a Transformation of Link using the Smash Ball {Final Smash}.
I hope so, but don't bet the farm on it. An ultra cool alternate costume seems more likely.

I have another suggestion, haven't been around for the last couple weeks so it may have already been made and I really don't feel like spending the time to look for it. Rosetta from Mario Galaxy. I saw a picture of her on a news site (can't remember which one), I think it's a possibility that she'll at least be a peach clone or something.

I love that sig Samusrules
This is news to me. I had no idea that Galaxy's plot details had been revealed...

TINGLE IS NOT GAY AND I HAVE PROOF! READ THE BELOW!!!1!!11!!ONE

Okay guys, this is kind of off but I have proof Tingle is not a homosexual! I bet you want to read more now eh...seems interesting..? I thought no one liked Tingle and wouldn't care? Anyways, if you guys knew anything about Tingle, his new game actually explains how he is not in fact a homosexual.
Here it is- According to Tingles Freshly Picked Rose Colored Rupee Land, it will basically tell how Tingle became, Tingle! Tingle is actually very interested in woman. According to this game, a sequence shows what Tingle dreams about most...can you guess? Well, he actually dreams about "beautiful woman surrounding him". That is what Tingle dreams about and apparently it shows pictures. Objection of the game is to go to land to land, place to place, to collect rupees to make a Tingle Tower so high that it will reach Rupee Land where all of Tingles dreams can and will come true! His dreams meaning woman. If you want actual proof on this and think I am making it up, read this thing I found for it! http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo/board/message?board.id=Reviews&message.id=4018 Take to mind he actually played the game so he knows about it! Also know that the guy says "...a sword and a shield..."(what Tingle doesn't wield )but Tingle in fact uses a sword in the game at one point. He was referring to Link. There is more than meets the eye to Tingle and take notice you guys think this is Japan only? Wrong, it is scheduled to come out in Europe and U.S. has no notices. Read that article for the whole scheme of the game. I just wanted to point this out.
Well there you go. Learn something new everyday. Tingle isn't gay, he's just confused...

Seriously, I kid. I have no probelm with Tingle. I just think Midna is a better choice.

I actually made that into a ringtone for my phone.

>_>

No, really. It's the world's most annoying ringtone, and I'm the only one immune to it.

See, why couldn't Ganondorf do something like that...

Which is why I think Ganondorf sent Navi to drive Link into insanity, seen here...

Once that was done, Ganondorf would clone Navi on a mass level, and release his hell faieries out into the world... Driving his foes into insanity one... by one...

At least, that's what I'd do if I was Ganondorf.
Even Ganondorf isn't that evil.

Wiseguy I didnt saw the scenario update, they're very nice!

and what do u think about old school characters? I mean 8-bit ones?

Edit: like Urban Champion, Punch out, etc.
I think it's likely that we'll see one more retro character get a revival like Pit (my money's on ROB, though Balloon Fighter, Mac from Punchout and Mach Rider are also possible) However, we'll DEFINITELY see a ton of retro Asstist Trophies. Duck Hunt Dog and Urban Champion dudes are shoe ins.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
My first wall of pain! ^_^

and who says zzs final smash won't turn her back into samus
Actually, I never thought of that. That's a good assumption/theory. +rep... >_> u_u Oh...

However, that would be based upon whether or not, A) Zamus can be... Zamus... at the start of a match, and B) if you can get a smash ball twice in a match, which I don't think is possible. But we'll see. Nice post.

I don't think he's a villian, I think that he might be the new Fighting Wire frames

Apparently Mario's supposed to fight, he didn't fight. He pays the ultimate price, a purple ****** with a straw in it's head
My thoughts exactly. I'm pretty sure Sakurai wouldn't make this chump into a major villian. He's probably a puppet of some sort, most likely the "wire frames" of melee, but I can see the wireframes coming back. I liked Elana's (GameAngel64, my friend) theory, which is Mii's could replace wireframes, and then you have to fend off your Mii's. Take that King Leonidas!!

Ridley is apparantly in the clouds in one of the screens, along with Bowser. Ridley confirmed?
Pics?

When I tryed to get the picture for Copperpot, I think I found something like a name for the purple guy. You know how Bowser pictures start wth bowser and DK pictures begin with donkeykong? Well this guys picture started with modea, percisely modea01_070720k|.jpg

PS. That's the Halbred, not Ridley

PSS. On closer inspectio of the picture, it seems like more of them are forming behind him, pehaps they are fighting wire frames
Good find, but someone else's post after yours kind changes what that could mean. But still, nicely done.

I would hope he's not the new master hand, He looks as threatening as a goomba.

Edit: What I don't understand is why they show Meta's ship, and then this guy pops up.
As I said earlier, his role is more than likely that of a Goomba; Random mob.

Maybe MetaKnight was on a quest for power or something? Maybe he's Master Hand's ***** right now. :shrug:

Uh, it has been brought to my attention that modea could (and probably does) mean Mode A, for story mode.
Could be. Nicely done. Though I'm not ruling out Modea as the name for an enemy either.

I'm thinking Heartless, the more and more I look at this. I'm not that big a fan of Kingdom Hearts, at all. :( But, I think their roles are the same. Just random mob cannon fodder.

Even Ganondorf isn't that evil.
XD LMAO!!

Well, my thoughts on today's updates were said through out, but I'll reiterate it again.

I think this could either be the intro movie (but it's listed under game modes, so unlikely), or the intro movie for a game mode. I'm rather excited on the fact that there will be a story mode, and hopefully story modes personalized for each character. I still want my online play. Everyone keeps saying it will be online, so I'm not that worried (by everyone, I mean IGN, Gamespot, etc). I think this new character is nothing more than a mob. Much like a Goomba, or Heartless.

Now granted, a story mode in a fighting game has never been... well... good. But, I think this could be an oppurtunity to change that. At least I can't think of any good story modes in fighting games.

Scratch that. Soul Calibur was alright.

Well... that is the end to my first wall of pain. ^_^

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
alright here's my theory and you people have free in analyzing or shooting it down

master hand loves to create and he created trophies of his favorite characters
then he gave them life according to their character and gave them a lust of fighting

therefore turning into a trophy is like death (kinda like toy story not being used)

mario and kirby is sent to the ring and now they are "reborn" (they have full knowledge of everything)

they have an epic fight but in the end mario wins

kirby is turned into a trophy and now mario's character and fighting joy is in a conflict

eventually his hero character triumphs and he gives kirby a life

kirby, reborn so quickly is confused and lookes at mario

mario tells kirby that a fight at anytime will be good but they will never take it to trophy turning extremes

kirby agrees and shakes mario hand to sign this agreement

then mario looks at the sky seing ominous clouds and the heliberd

he first thinks that meta is his next challenger

but suddenly he sees dark smoke on the stadium floor and sees some minions being created

because of mario's great selfless act the world's rules have been broken

now everything master hand created to keep it in balance is disarray

this created a new great evil (or crazy hand he loves to destroy) seeking to finish this world

he has powers similiar to master hand and created minions and corrupted the dormant trophies

however since mario and kirby was "alive" when mario broke the rule they are unaffected by the corruption

i'm guessing that in story mode you have to first free the other corrupted trophies and eventually counter this great evil

you can only choose kirby and mario at first and you can shoose them both in coop
most battles are optional but some battles (mario fighting his corrupt brother) is mandatory

after you beat it once you can use any starting character(s)

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
alright here's my theory and you people have free in analyzing or shooting it down

then he gave them life according to their character and gave them a lust of fighting

therefore turning into a trophy is like death (kinda like toy story not being used)

mario and kirby is sent to the ring and now they are "reborn" (they have full knowledge of everything)

kirby is turned into a trophy and now mario's character and fighting joy is in a conflict

mario tells kirby that a fight at anytime will be good but they will never take it to trophy turning extremes

but suddenly he sees dark smoke on the stadium floor and sees some minions being created

this created a new great evil (or crazy hand he loves to destroy) seeking to finish this world

he has powers similiar to master hand and created minions and corrupted the dormant trophies

however since mario and kirby was "alive" when mario broke the rule they are unaffected by the corruption

i'm guessing that in story mode you have to first free the other corrupted trophies and eventually counter this great evil

you can only choose kirby and mario at first and you can shoose them both in coop
most battles are optional but some battles (mario fighting his corrupt brother) is mandatory

I'm really likeing that idea.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
I found something interesting in the Japaneese translation of their site. It says that when they go back to trophies their only feeling is of "aggressive failure" and for those who tear this disipline, there, appearing suddenly... then they show the purple guy, obviously, by Mario shaking hands and not fighting he broke a rule, and purply comes out and punishes them for it.

EDIT: I also think that Meta Knight didn't bring those things there, I think he came to warn them, or the Halbred stage is mixing with this one and the fabic of the Smash reality is ripping, but I can see that Mario (or another character) must free the rest of the characters (thus unlocking them) from these... for lack of a name Modea.

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
I'm really likeing that idea.
thanks it was my dream

also it won't be just fight after fight there will be adventure and all those options

finally during the story when you decorrupt a trophy you can use him/her in future fights

@sages
yeh if you choose a different starter then the ones you didn't start will just be corrupt trophies

that's why i like the mandatory battles like mario seeing corrupt luigi says"mamamia"

and then he fights him

of course the opposite can be true too

my favorite will be link vs ganadorf (link will think is this corrupt or normal ganandorf?)

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
I thought it was pretty clear, Sakurai said that the puppets are oly supposed to fight. Kirby turns into a trophy and Sakurai says that this is the equivallent too death, Mario touches it and Kirby's back. They shake hands (An international sign of peace) and he says but when the rules are broken these guys come out and dicipline them. How plainer can it get?

Besides why Meta Knight was ther, which even I do not know.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859

awesome idea, i would love this to happen.

HeroOfTime64

Smash Cadet
I believe that this evil entity is not a new evil and is controlled by the hands of... Well, Master Hand.

One: This explains a lot. We got the fact that Master Hand had brought the characters to life in order for them to fight, but why would Master Hand fight them at the end of Classic Mode? This explains it.

The following is a guess of the story of Super Smash Bros., not SSBB.

Master Hand had brought the trophies to fight, and after a while, they started to think: Why are we fighting? So, they had a plan to offer Master Hand a challenge for a tounament facing battle after battle.
Master Hand obviously accepted and once there were no more enemies in the tournament, the winner would not claim a prize, but take down MH himself!
Once MH was brought down, the defeated characters would live once more, and continue life.

BUT... (Now we're into Melee) MH came back from Final Destination bringing along help from Crazy Hand to stop these renagade fighters once and for all!

Of course, Master Hand got more characters to fight, hoping to make it impossible for them to complete the same challenge (Classic Mode) this time. He even made two other challenges (Adventure Mode, All-Star Mode) in a desprete attempt to win, but he lost, and was sent back through the portal at Final Destination.

NOW.. (Getting into Brawl) MH comes back and once again forces the characters to fight, but in a random act of kindness by Mario, MH sends out "Modeas" to defeat them.

And that's it. That's my opinion.

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman

Truly, this is the stuff of nightmares, whispered only in the darkest corners of my heart and all that. Actually, I think this guy is more of a minion. I wouldn't expect Sakurai to reveal some big final boss early on, and from the quality of these pictures I'ma gonna say they're from a cinematic. Besides, there's two more blobs of evil forming to the left and right of that guy (modea? goo-man?) that suggest he's just one of many. I just hope the story mode has multiplayer. If Sakurai does that he can turn Brawl story mode into Kingdom Hearts 3 for all I care.

*Raised hand*

Ladies and gentleman, behold Sheik's replacement.
Ah good. Just when I was beginning to fear Sheik might be cut. But all she really did was go up a few cup sizes....
I'm kidding of course, but make no mistake about this: If Zamus is to be a replacement of Sheik, then she must be nearly identical. You can't have her be a replacement just because she's another fast, agile character anymore than DK can replace Bowser because they're both heavy or Marth could replace Link because they both use a sword. Heck, Marth couldn't replace Roy, and they have the same freakin' moveset...
Even subtle stat differences can drastically change a character.
If Sheik is cut then she's cut, but why is everyone (not just you, Wiseguy) so quick to trade a new character in just to get her back?

Things are looking up for the Shiek-Must-Die club (of which I am founder and president for life). I've already ordered the champaign for that glorious update where Zelda's new down-B move is unveiled.
Personally, I'd have made down-B into a Din's fire more similar to how it was in Oot. You know, big fiery explosion. Then I'd have made her over-B the new move, and made that into Light arrows. But with what's been revealed so far, that's no longer possible... Oh Bother.

Remember, Sakurai assumes that we are going to play with items. With that being the case, Zamus transformations won't be that rare at all. Personally, I prefer the scenario where players have no control of the transformation. That way players may feel compelled to actyually master both movesets, rather than simply choose which one they like and ognore the other.
I think the only way to make a transformation character work is to make both forms desirable to play as. It was just mean to pair a low-tier and a top-tier in Melee. However, failing actual balance, I'd say that forcing the player into one form or another would be the best way to ensure that all sides are played, yeah.

Why would they want to keep this a secret? The revelation that Sonic or Megaman is appearing one of the biggest Nitnedo games of the year is something that would only help sales of Sonic and Megaman games. And if they were going to announce it, what better time than E3?
Well, this E3 wasn't really aimed at us. I mean, the biggest part of Nintendo's show was Wii fit and that board of theirs. As for the holy trinity we've got coming our way... they gave us a few clips of Mario in a Bee suit, some more footage of Corruption that didn't really reveal anything new, and Brawl was a no-show. I can think of plenty of better times to reveal something about Brawl than during an event it was barely a part of. Like now for instance *crosses fingers*

"How are the Pokemon not awesome"? If every possible way, that's how. Pokemon suck. Don't be brainwahed, kids.
Aw, come on. Monsters that can control the elements and fight each other at your command are awesome. The trick is not to be fooled by the labyrinth of media that surrounds it. I don't hold those cdi games, the animated cartoon series (excuuuse me, princess!), or those stupid wii sword and shield accessories against the Zelda series anymore than I hold the console knock-offs, anime series, or PEZ dispensers against the Pokemon franchise.

Marth is less important to the series overall because the majority of FE fans can't play his games. Black Knight, on the other hand, is now the most important villian in the series (with his inclusion in GoD). Roy is even less worthy becuase even the Japanese hate his game.
Of all the lords, Marth is THE most important to the FE series. He was first, and is the basic blueprint upon which all other subsequent FE lords have been based. A few lord like Hector, Ephraim and Ike have broken the mold, but for now lords like them are still far in the minority. Besides, most FE fans are in Japan, where they've just as much access to his game as we have to Super Mario 2. More, in fact, considering that Marth's game was remade for the SNES.
The Black Knight... well, I haven't played enough of the console games to know, but if you say he's a recurring villain, that's good enough for me. I love heavy characters, so I'm all for it.

To me, this is further proof that we're getting a smaller, more balanced roster as opposed to a massive 40+ character game. Deoxys and Goroh must have been important enough to at least consider making playable, but there were simply others who were more worthy. At least that's my theory.
It's possible that new characters will come from new series, instead of already established ones. Perhaps we aren't seeing Deoxys and Goroh because they're too busy making Olimar (Pikmin!) and Balloon Fighter (I character I hear almost made it into melee).

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
just watch the next update of this video is gonna have these pictures

the purple guys start mass created and slowly go toward mario and kirby

mario and kirby looks scared

mario points up

meta knight (maybe with bowser(cloud theory) lands and fights off the minions

suddenly the black smoke surrounds them and they turn dark and evil

these are your first opponents

Viroxor

Smash Ace
That one made a surprising amount of sense. But I always figured if it was something like that, you'd start out with the basic or iconic Nintendo main chars. Like Mario, Kirby, Fox, Pikachu, you know, that bunch. But your theory makes a lot of sense.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Yes, That explains why Sakurai wanted more villians. They actually try to save you, or at leat kill these modea, but they become evil, or turn into trophies or somethig and you have to save them! SWEET! A plot! I always thought that there wouldn't be much room for plot and it would be left kind of egnimatic the reason behind Master Hand, but hey, this is way cooler!

I thought that for a story it would have the character's invited (Ala Snake's invite refranced in the first trailer) and would team up to fight Master Hand. I imagined that Sonic and Mario would be reluctant to work together (Refrancing their past rivalry) but owhere had I thought of these, these modea things.

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
well i have another plausible theory

in the dojo it says that someone or something breaks the rules

what if the purple guy is from a world outside of smash and his mayhem is causing chaos

he can be an intruder from an evil force

maybe master hand's mom doesn't want him to play with trophies anymore:laugh:

i like my first theory but this is also plausible

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Obviously there are differances stat-wise, but I still think the moveset is heavily inspired by Shiek's. The breakdance move shown in the screenshot was also preformed in the Nintendo World trailer and it looks pretty similar to one of Sheik's smash attacks.
I went back and compared them and that move is completely original. Sheik does this weird sweeping splits move and then spins on her shoulders and ZSS does a handstand and spins around and then does an upward scissor kick. The rest of her moves are generic copies (like her down tilt and neutral air) or original (like her gun and whip) just like most of the characters. I'm just saying that the only way ZSS replaces Sheik is the whole athletic chick in a skin tight suit thing. I don't think she, nor any character I can think of, could pull off Sheik's magically enhanced, flexible, acrobatic moves.

But anyway...Today's update was rather weird and awesome. It seems to be just establishing a premise for the game. So on Monday we could have a part two or Meta Knight; if I remember correctly the only shot we've seen before now (on the new site) of the Halberd was a little snippet of the tip of one of its wings so...maybe they were waiting for this update to give him a proper profile. Also, I wanna see some sort of MOTHER content next week. :/ :\

And...I was gonna put this in your other thread but you mentioned it here so...you mentioned that you were worried that a robust single player mode would mean less time for the team to work on an online mode. Well, you probably know all of this but I'm going to use my forces of logic to read into this. Now, this game is being worked on by a good number of people...at least 50 plus. Now, the way development works is those fifty-plus people don't all work on one thing and then move to the next; they divide into teams and, using the power of specialization, each team works on one or one kind of element to the game (some might work on one and then move on to another)....pretty much what I'm saying is there's probably no overlapping between the single player and online. From what I've seen from looking at the credits for online games, there's someone or a team that does the online work...So, if they planned on implementing an online mode, this person or team probably would've been tinkering with it from the start. Or something...I don't really know. I just think people associate Mr. Sakurai's name with this game too much to the point where they start thinking he's the only one doing all of the working and making everything in this game.

Elysium

Smash Lord
Hmmm, I think it was in Wise's Online thread, but someone said that the main problem would be the net coding. Since Smash is such a technical game, they might be having the porblem that most games face when working on designing the net play. Though I don't think that it's simply the team can't get the code. I think it's the lack of time they have to figure it out. This could also explain why we've heard so little on it. Don't get me wrong I have faith in Sakurai not to let us down, but the hands of time can blur things, and he might make the wrong decision of releasing Brawl minus Online because of time, instead of delaying.
(Like I said, if you've been reading this thread and you haven't checked out the Online thread.... shame on you.)

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Ya, I've been following that thread since the beginning.
Are my posts really that easy to miss?

Mr. Sakurai posted on the old site that if they were going to put online in the game there were difficulties they'd have to overcome...and that was over a year ago. And to know that there are difficulties they'd have had to known this before that point in time. That's fourteen-plus months that they've had to work on online. We don't know if the release date was Nintendo setting a deadline for the holiday season on Mr. Sakurai and Co. or if Mr. Sakurai said it'd definately be gold in autumn and to set the release for the first week of December.

They could show something at the specific...something that they say they're planning. They could show something at one of the other big events this year. Or they could wait until the boxart is revealed and slip on a Wifi logo like they've done with a couple games in the past. Or they could just slap it on as a site update like everything else. They're really under no obligation as to how, when, and what to reveal.

You say, "This could also explain why we've heard so little on it." As opposed to what? The single player mode? Other multiplayer modes? Any trophy-esque gimmicks in the game? We're not getting the info as it's being developed which should be obvious from the fact that we haven't gotten info about everything in the trailers. Did they finish Donkey Kong right before E3 and say "Yay, we have a new returning character we can reveal!" or did they have him done awhile ago and say "Hmm...let's keep him under wraps for now...How about we slip his revealing into, say, two months and one week into the future's update schedule?" Now imagine something like this: "Hmm...we've finished and perfected online should we talk about within two months of the start of our information stream at the first of a few events between now and when we want to release?" "Nah, we gotta stretch this crap over seven months. It's pretty big so we'll save it for later maybe spread out our big morsels of info over that time."
Gawd...I need to stop staying up so late.

Top Bottom