• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
MOTHER****! If Sakurai is going to stop updates until the 7th then he should at least go out with a bang. He didn't even make the notice it's own update. People are going to miss it completley (if you have no idea what I'm talking about, go to the dojo and read the notice on the top of the page).

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
MOTHER****! If Sakurai is going to stop updates until the 7th then he should at least go out with a bang. He didn't even make the notice it's own update. People are going to miss it completley (if you have no idea what I'm talking about, go to the dojo and read the notice on the top of the page).
wait WHAT!? *goes off to check the website again* *comes back* AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!! that makes me angry.....and you won't like me when im angry.....but the update was better then i previously thought. Thats a pretty epic item.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
If you can actually manage to get ahold of all three pieces, yes, it is a pretty great item. Otherwise, it's pretty much useless. I have a feeling that this item is going to be very, very rarely seen being used.

Furthermore, the delay in updates makes both a lot of sense and none what-so-ever. It's understandable that they'd need to take a break and enjoy the holiday while it's still here, but I can't help but question why they would delay the game for over two months and then call it quits for a whole week.

It makes you wonder . . .

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
I just want to say that your roster looks very good. I like it a lot. As for the playable characters, I would include the 36 and add in Midna/Wolf, Claus, Michiah and (maybe) Sora.

I say the whole Zelda/Sheik transformation should be put upon Midna/Midna w/ wolf.
that's probably been criticized before, but i'm not going to read 460 pages of posts.
Thanks for the input, elee88. Glad you liked my roster.

I have heard the Midna/Midna+Wolf idea a few times, but it really doesn't do it it for me personally. I'd like to see Midna make it in ANY form however, so I'll take what I can get.

Wow, I didn't even notice that at first. That kinda sucks, but I'll bet ANYTHING that the January 7th return will begin a Playable Character confirmation blitz leading up to the Japan release of Brawl.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Wow, I didn't even notice that at first. That kinda sucks, but I'll bet ANYTHING that the January 7th return will begin a Playable Character confirmation blitz leading up to the Japan release of Brawl.
I doubt that. Sakurai being the sadistic ******* he is will probably turture us with no characters untill the final update where he'll reveal the entire roster.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Only time can tell. He did start a mass character revealing right before the release of Melee, didn't he?

Besides, I'm doubting he'll reveal the entire roster before release. He said that he'd reveal all of the characters, but he never said when. My guess is that he'll start revealing hidden characters after release.

But either way, I'm wagering that we'll at least know the entire starting roster before Brawl comes out.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
I still don't understand why Marth is not in the list.

He's a shoe-in, and he can be the adversiter of FEDS, right?

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Hey, anything is possible. Like I said, I hope you're right.

It is odd that the colors are a pretty exact match to Sonic's, though. I don't think the 'center' of the first object is white so much as the angle of the photo makes it shine like that.

Zycor

Smash Apprentice
So, once again we're having the "OMG THERE IS A BLUR ON THE SCREEN SHOT! CAPTAIN FALCON CONFIRMED!" I think it's really nothing to be concerned over, it's just a blue orb, it could be literally ANYTHING. I doubt Sakurai would show Mewtwo's Shadow Ball randomly on some picture, it just doesn't make any sense.

I seriously think it's Sonic, I think Sakurai would like to continue playing Mind Games, but seriously, you see a small blur on a screen shot or something so insignificant and irrelevant and everyone begins to make a big deal out of it? I'd just think it's either Sonic, a new item, or part of the background. Not Mewtwo's Shadow Ball...

Actually, now that I think about it, that looks like the Team Healer item.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
So, once again we're having the "OMG THERE IS A BLUR ON THE SCREEN SHOT! CAPTAIN FALCON CONFIRMED!" I think it's really nothing to be concerned over, it's just a blue orb, it could be literally ANYTHING. I doubt Sakurai would show Mewtwo's Shadow Ball randomly on some picture, it just doesn't make any sense.

I seriously think it's Sonic, I think Sakurai would like to continue playing Mind Games, but seriously, you see a small blur on a screen shot or something so insignificant and irrelevant and everyone begins to make a big deal out of it? I'd just think it's either Sonic, a new item, or part of the background. Not Mewtwo's Shadow Ball...

Actually, now that I think about it, that looks like the Team Healer item.
Unlike that stupid Falcon rumor this image is not blurry.

The team healer has rings around it unlike the ball about to hit kirby.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I doubt it... We'll get 2 characters revealed at most.

Oh well, we'll know the final roster soon. I just wish he would've shown Isaac on the site... Because that would have been so exciting!

Zycor

Smash Apprentice
Unlike that stupid Falcon rumor this image is not blurry.

The team healer has rings around it unlike the ball about to hit kirby.
I said it looked like it, it looks like it without the rings, but you guys are way too hopeful, just because there is a random orb which could be anything now it's all "Mewtwo is in brawl!!111" I'm just going to say, we don't know what the Team Healer looks like in motion, the thing could have the rings move around it and glow or something, we haven't seen it in motion yet so we don't know...

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
I said it looked like it, it looks like it without the rings, but you guys are way too hopeful, just because there is a random orb which could be anything now it's all "Mewtwo is in brawl!!111" I'm just going to say, we don't know what the Team Healer looks like in motion, the thing could have the rings move around it and glow or something, we haven't seen it in motion yet so we don't know...
If you bothered to look at the images in the team healer update you would clearly see that it still has the rings.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
Has anyone already said that it could be his standard attack, as we only know the side attacks for Sonic? They could look diffrent, I mean, a spinning aura seems natural for the usually hard powered side attacks?

Then again, it culd be a plethora of things, like Samus's charged shot or Mewtwo's attack.

By the way, on the coin launcher update, did anyone notice that they specified the Link sticker as "Link (Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)", meaing that they're specifying it apart from another Link. Hope for the WW Link fans? Possibly, but I think that Oot Link or Y Link could get stickers.

Also, the idea of the trophy stand I find pretty cool, however Pokeballish it seems.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Whether Sakurai shows us on the Dojo or not, I guarantee that we'll know the final roster before Janurary 25 at Midnight (25/26 midnight not 24/25).

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Those moves aren't just similar dude, they are indentical (save for his movements, I suppose). Either Ness and Lucas are clones or Sakurai ran out of ideas. (Or Ness is dead.)
...If the movement's different (and unique to that character) then it isn't identical and someone had to think up the brand new animation.

Not to be rude, but there s a pretty logical explanation for why Ness's Melee moveset was completely remade: it kinda sucked. Seriously, why not just remake the moveset to fit the new Mother rep - only not useless. He he were going to make two unique movesets for the two characters, why not make them... unique?
It didn't suck due to the restrictions the animations placed on Ness; if they made some moves faster and/or stronger he'd be a perfectly viable character. The reason to not "remake" it is the exact same reason they made clones instead brand new movesets in the last game. There's absolutely nothing to suggest that Ness served as a base or that Lucas is an altered version of Ness outside of their similar body types, similar special graphics and mechanics, and one (out of eight) A move shown having a similar animation...none of which take as long to import as it does to animate brand new animations. Lucas is as new of character as any of the other newcomers.

Only time can tell. He did start a mass character revealing right before the release of Melee, didn't he?
No. I don't know where you possibly could've gotten this from. There weren't any characters revealed on the SSBM Dojo before the game came out that weren't in the first trailer or shown in the first update and those were all of the starters. Then Luigi was profiled the day the game came out and they started revealing the secret characters one a week.

Someone who got an advance copy did leak everything before the release, though.

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
Great Thread!
Here are my predictions:

*Mario.
*Luigi.
*Peach.
*Bowser.
*Geno.

*Link.
*Zelda/Sheik.
*Ganondorf.
*Link WW

*Kirby.
*Metaknight.
*King DDD.

*DK.
*Diddy.

*Samus/Zamus.
*Ridley

*Fox
*Falco
*Kristal

*C.Falcon.

*Lucas.

*Pikachu.
*Jigglypuff.
*Red.
*Mewtwo.

*Yoshi.

*Wario.

*Ike.
*Marth.

*Pit
*Ice Climbers
*G&W

*C.Olimar

*Snake
*Sonic
*Megaman

40 characters(counting transformations).

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
^I was thinking that too,but i had a feeling that Inafune is lying.
About Geno:Im positive he will make it.Dont know why but he will.

And you are right;thats my safe roster.Maybe i can make room for my hopefulls(Micaiah,Claus,etc)...

Top Bottom