• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Premium Membership

Would you purchase Premium Membership?

• Yes

Votes: 189 64.1%
  • No

Votes: 86 29.2%
  • I would only want to purchase a name change for $2.50

Votes: 20 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
READ THE THREAD.

[CANNOT BE DONE TO STAFF]

Premium membership isn't going to be a "change your color to whatever" feature.
You're going to get a set color for Premiums [Most likely neon green]
and a set color for "tagged" people. [neon pink]

and yes, you can get rid of your 'tagged' color just by switching usergroups.
just like any other display group with a color.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Because we are too lazy to read the OP (dont hit me)

Why is the poll closing at such a weird time?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I think he was referring to if he changed one of his friends (who isn't staff)

To the name administrat0r, and made there name red. So that maybe people would think they were an administrator.
Administrators are grey for a start, and we aren't going to be using colours that are already in use by usergroups (QK just said actually it'll be most likely neon green + neon pink)

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Here's the thing, we have over 100,000 members. so far, only 130 something are interested in buying it. Will it really be that big of a deal? Besides, it's not "control over others' accounts."
You do know that out of those 100,000 members, there will be spam bots/duplicate accounts/inactive people/trolls/whatever else you can come up with that doesn't show how many people this place really has, right?

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
We actually have 110,000+ members. I believe he was leaving those people out.

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
I would want to be able to pick my own name color. Also this site needs a facebook chat option, or something just like it. I want to be able to give myself a little title, or status, like the mods and admins. I expect my demands be met. I also expect to get all that for $5 a year. GIMME GIMME GIMME!

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I would want to be able to pick my own name color. Also this site needs a facebook chat option, or something just like it. I want to be able to give myself a little title, or status, like the mods and admins. I expect my demands be met. I also expect to get all that for $5 a year. GIMME GIMME GIMME!
For one, you can't pick just any colour that would confuse with other Usergroups you don't belong to.

A facebook chat system would require quite a hefty amount of resources I presume, and personally, I don't see why you can't use Windows Live/AIM...

You can give yourself a title.

No, just no.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
It would be funny (for me) if I could get a purple name to further confuse anybody (who is interested) who doesn't understand what I am abbreviating when I make referrals to the True/False SBR and make them go :confused:.

I haven't rally paid attention though, but I don't think the guys in the False SBR get any titles, right?

If they do then don't worry about it, I'll figure it out by the time you finish reading this sentence.

Mr.Bazerkus

Smash Journeyman
Well I don't know how well this would work, and its not really related to the discussion at hand. Sort of but not really, but I think this is the best place to put it.

What if instead of rep system. That from what I've heard did not work the last time it was tried on this site. We have a Cash Mod system.

This would basically take the premise of a rep system in the sense that you are trying to be a good member, but you would get points for doing it. These points could then be used for buying things from a store.

I think if it were implemented right it could be a nice system. And it would encourage user to make good decisions about what they post. Because they could also be punished for getting infractions and stuff like that.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
What if instead of rep system. That from what I've heard did not work the last time it was tried on this site. We have a Cash Mod system.
We already have a Cash Mod.

On a more serious note, I don't like that idea. When you pay for premium you're already getting a lot of perks, and getting free stuff from a store because you posted something cool seems really pointless. I like the rep thing better then your suggestion. :)

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I think premium memberships would be an excellent Idea.

Possibly allowed to have a bigger sig without gettin marked for spam. I just wanted to do something larger than the reccomended 125 by 500(I wanted to make it longer so it goes more so along the post.)

Bigger inbox is good

I really like changing your own color and custom title.

maybe add a post count reset option

A set of metallic colors that have a glint or a shine would be cool(text) or like avatar borders or that sidebox a different color or a border around it

3 name changes would be prime(I dont want ppl being *******s) only 3

Taking 1-2 permanent point off their account. meaning if they get perma banned or ip banned maybe they can release it. alot of ppl will love to bring back old banned accounts. (they would still be almost banned but it would give them another chance. One per year really. With years of good behavior they can get back to 0 points)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I Think that the color change thing will be a little irritating when ppl are changing ppls colors all the time especially if they paid to change their own color. I guess it depends on how many ppl buy them.[I think we figured this out already]

It would be hard to have a specific color since everyone will want there own

Bigger issues. TBH,alot of the brawl crowd is up and coming and much younger, and often post like so on the boards. I dont want some snot nosed little kids runnin **** and being jerks cuz they found their dads debit card with ten bucks on it.**Premium account members should still have a system that can cancel their premium membership with no refund **

I think the premium accounts shouldnt be elitist but just more of a fun thing with more options. Like ppl really into the boards. Just cuz they paid ten bucks I dont want them acting like they are the best captain falcon in the world. We already know ss ***** lol.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
where I've never seen it.
He was joking because we had a Mod named Cashed. I've actually seen that on another forum I visit occasionally, I don't know if that's something that could be implemented here (i think they use different forum software), but it's an interesting suggestion.

Taking 1-2 permanent point off their account. meaning if they get perma banned or ip banned maybe they can release it. alot of ppl will love to bring back old banned accounts.
That will not happen. Money will not let you get around the basic rules of SWF.

PCyph

Smash Apprentice
I'd do it most likely, more for just the support of the boards and for access to a VIP forum where only serious smashers would be(most likely, I mean you ARE paying for a membership on a form about it haha)

PCyph

Smash Apprentice
True but in a lot of cases it probably means that, and I'm sure being a smaller group it'll be easier to pick out the kids who don't know what they're talking about.

LLDL

Smash Hero
I'm 100 percent supportive of this, and as soon as I am able to buy, I will. Think about it, there are over 100 and probably soon to be over 200 people willing to pay for premium memberships. That would probably be the case in any forums as there are tons and tons of young kids who are just too young to use paypal, which is why they select no. However 100+ users that want premiums, I think that is more than enough to grant the feature.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
what do you get out of a forum without being able to read?
Ocassional pretty pictures?

I'm for premium membership, I probably won't use alot of the features but a name change and custom title would be nice. I really think only 1 name change a month should be allowed, any more than that and it will be confusing if some people abuse it.

ndayday

BRoomer
It's not a bug, it's been discontinued and they're thinking of bringing it back. That's why this is a poll, and you'll see a lot of suggestions being made for things people want to be included. (or not included in the membership) They're not offering stuff you can't buy either, they're simply trying to get people enough people interested so then they can restore the option for a Premium Membership. :)

On topic, I think that embed videos isn't really neccesary, but hey, it's kinda cool.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
IDK, I think the changing of others names could get out of hand. If I bought a premium membership, I wouldn't want my friends and just random people asking me to change their name color, and I could foresee that getting annoying.

ndayday

BRoomer
He said change other people's colour. :)

But hey, I guess you would know how the admins feel when people ask them to change colours etc. But really, how hard is it to say no to people like that? If they're random people, just say no/ignore them. Plus, 30 is a high number, and most people probably don't have 30 good friends on here. Even if it got out of hand, its not like it would be really bad. It is meant for fun, how can you take bright pink names seriously?

pokesmashfighter

Smash Cadet
I did read it, but it doesn't mention the unavailability.It's not like there is an obvious place I could of looked to know that it was discontinued, I thought it was a bug. I would understand it if there were a sticky telling about it, but there isn't.

Anyways, I would buy a premium membership (if it were available).

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Seriously, dude? It's the first three freaking words: "In the past,".

The entire post implies "bringing it back"

=_=

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom