• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Predict Kels's Placement at Rule 6!

kd-

Smash Lord
Not sure if supporting your friend is necessarily lashing at everyone, and I don't think the amount of supporting done by the midwest warranted the amount of hate that stemmed. Everyone that jumped on the midwest hate bandwagon is just as annoying as how you perceived our support, and god forbid we wish our friend luck >_> I don't think anyone said Kels was gonna destroy because midwest is good and wc is trash, we all wanted to see him compete over there.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
I think there was additional hype just because Kels has such a skewed elo from stomping on Midwest so hard for so long.

Moooose

Smash Champion
Ya but there's only backlash if you lashed at everyone at first.. lol.. You reap what you sow, mr.
kels is so humble
never lashed out at anyone
some in the midwest might trashtalk but they dont know what theyre talking about
also dart is good but kels>dart

darkatma

Smash Hero
I hope not

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPw0ObKA_JM

If he is there's upwards of 10 players on EC Canada that could pick Sheik and beat him probably lol
Probably not actually, because dart is pretty good vs sheik normally. Probably one of the best marth v sheik games I've played against. I recall that tourney was an unrusting one for him (big johns)

Kels>Dart though, and 99% of top players would've gotten stuck at the same placing as him with his bracket

It's all Mango's fault, he bracket ***** everyone

unknown522

Some guy
Yeah kels is better than dart. No doubt about it.

I think that MW went overboard on how kels was gonna do. He did get unlucky though, but I'm not really surprised about his placing TBH. I really wanted him to do well though

:phone:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
kels is so humble
never lashed out at anyone
some in the midwest might trashtalk but they dont know what theyre talking about
also dart is good but kels>dart
Then blame whoever else, fanboys.. etc. I never said Kels did anything but the hype was definitely there and when there's hype.. well.. people go crazy, that's the definition of it. I'm to blame too, I do not want to disrespect anybody, I'm sorry if I did.

Big_R

Smash Champion
s2j is such a lil whiny *****. like in real life. **** smash lol johns all day. sent a msg?. its the ****in mw u nerd hahahah what needs to be sent. such a ****** rofl

Van.

Smash Ace
I think there was additional hype just because Kels has such a skewed elo from stomping on Midwest so hard for so long.
the ironic thing about this is that losses to s2j and mango are still going to leave his elo massively overinflated... LOL

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
Yeah losing to S2J and Mango doesn't seem all that bad
yeah placings are always a meh way to evaluate how well someone played unless they were top 5ish; maybe even higher. losing to johnny/mango is not bad, although i guess that depends on expectations. if someone expected him to get 2nd, then the set against johnny was disappointing b/c it was his most winnable match among the wc big guns mango hit losers early. t-9th was my o/u for him coming into the tourney, so i think his showing was solid given the bracket. mango falling to him was unlucky, but he was looking at bladewise if mango had not fallen into losers, and then zhu after that. he could have had an "easier" bracket and finished in the same place. that's not really meant to be a knock against kels b/f people go ape****;it's just a testament to the # of good players at the event. anyone who played him or saw him play realizes he's good regardless of whether they enjoy his style, or any mesh w/him as a person, or any of the other stuff that dictates how much support a player receives.

there was certainly a contingent that was more interested in talking about how the midwest sucks or w/e, but the point from a lot wc folk was always that even though kels is accomplished, there were many excellent players confirmed for the tourney who are of at least comparable ability/repute (can name 10 conservatively, excluding mango). it should be pretty obv why it is a stretch to project someone in the 2-5 range when there are that many people capable of beating him, and each other for that matter.

*should have been the case for various big names, not just kels

Prince_Abu

Smash Lord
does it rly matter how every1 places i mean comon were talkin about a 10 yr old childrens game after all

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
does it rly matter how every1 places i mean comon were talkin about a 10 yr old childrens game after all
I don't see why you bother posting here if that's your attitude about the game.

Also this is game is rated for teens and up, not children.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
based on extremely accurate ssbpd kels might take this
Hax makes the joke making fun of everybody who thinks the SSBPD is extremely accurate. But really, the jokes on you dude, nobody thinks the SSBPD is extremely accurate. EC is severely handicapped by lazy TOs and lack of **** being given about anything. MW is severely handicapped by Kels being so much better, and everybody else being not that great (for the most part, obviously Dart and Atma are good). Seriously though Hax, nobody doubts that your elo should be way higher, and would be if we had more results for you. The thing that is the biggest problem is this: Kels' rating is not inflated. But a huge majority of players elo is deflated. Ideally, guys like Armada, Mango, PP, ect would be 2300+. Guys like you, KK, Jman, Lovage, S2J, ect should be like 2100+. Kels really should be 1800 something like he is, or maybe a little higher.

I hope not

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPw0ObKA_JM

If he is there's upwards of 10 players on EC Canada that could pick Sheik and beat him probably lol
Hey I TO'd that tourney :) Just want to point out that Iori is insanely old school, and legit as well. That's not to say I think he'd get top 10 at a WC regional though...

Also for the people screen shotting or quoting SSBPD ratings, the site has been down for two months, and has nothing uploaded after April. Mango is much likely closer to 2100 than to 1900, and Kels will finally lose some points. But yeah, that's a lot of data missing. The SSBPD is a project. A lot of you dudes are having trouble figuring that out and don't care to so whatever. But if you care to know: the DB is only expected to be accurate if we can compile enough data. Right now I'm guessing it has about 10% of what we'd like. That means you can take it with a grain or two of salt, so chill out on the jokes. If not JUST for the Elo, it's a good tool to use for historical purposes, match sorting, video sorting, character main sorting, and other analysis. For those of you that don't care, that's cool but you don't have to interfere with the people that DO care. Smash is a game that has such a competitive value, it could literally one day make it back to mainstream. That would require a tad bit of cooperation and maturity from the community. Which is cool cause you don't have to like it or help if you don't want to.

Chroma

Smash Apprentice
if EC makes fun of the inaccuracy of SSPD, shouldn't they.... actually save/post their TIOs for once? Kind of seems like our own fault that other regions are way better at recording things.

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
Why the **** is the thread still open? This thread was useless before it was started.

God damn the mods on this website ****ing suck.

yggorf

Smash Rookie
shut up kage, you suck for defending a crappy player like wobbles and not listening to someone super credible like me

-froggy

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
shut up kage, you suck for defending a crappy player like wobbles and not listening to someone super credible like me

-froggy
What happened to the man I made love to in the bathroom of Kentucky Fried Chicken? Where is that guy?!

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I predict that no one from the Midwest will make top 6.

Top Bottom