• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Predict Kels's Placement at Rule 6!

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
He doesn't lose to them. Also, its not like he hasn't had to play against Tink, Matt and Dart's fox/falcos in tournament...

edit - also cunningkitsune

alcheato

Smash Ace
i dont think kels will b able to beat a top falco
or a fox in the ditto
He's beaten spacies like BluntedObject, G$, Remen, Eggm and regularly plays Tink, Matt R, and CunningKitsune. Kels has no lack of spacies practice.

Violence

Smash Lord
I've met Moose and Frootloop. They're impressive players, they have impressive birds.

I don't doubt that they're very good, and that beating them is no easy task.

But I mean, just because Kels can beat these guys, what makes you think he can definitely beat a top Fox/Falco?

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i hope kels has gotten better in the last couple years since facing PP. cause if he looks like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytAnQ39GXJU against westballz and stuff down there, it's gonna be rough. a shield approach isn't really gonna work all that well. And if he can't follow a single shine, then idk what it's gonna look like.

i kinda think lovage is spot on.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
well to be fair, he did lose @ fox vs zelda, ever.

every time i play cactuar at that match i remember how hopeless it is.
you're also no where near as good as cosmo, so there's that.

Idk Kels is a really good player. The guy got 13th at the last pound he was at, he has some trouble with jiggs due to matchup inexperience. People inflate the skill of coasters just as much as you think midwesterners downplay the skill gap(i'm not talking about mango and **** like that). Im like a mid-tier midwest player these days and I had pretty close games/set with lovage the last two times we played. **** I lost a set to him 3rd game after being up 3 to 1 stocks. I sat and manhandled all the canadian spacies for a good hour at the hotel before the big house tourney and I have no doubt in my mind that i would have done the same in tourney. ****ing Peef beat unknown in tourney for christ's sake. Kelly blows the midwest out of the water on a normal basis these days, no easy task tbh, mm if u tihnk otherwise ill *** u up. Kels at this point is on a whole other level than the rest of us now, something he hasn't really achieved until these recent months imo. I think you guys are gonna be impressed by how refined his game is tbh, play him in hella friendlies before and after the tourney to truely guage the skill of Kelly, the kid is the best player the midwest has produced. I been around this region and game for awhile, trust a *****.

Prince_Abu

Smash Lord
He's beaten spacies like BluntedObject, G$, Remen, Eggm and regularly plays Tink, Matt R, and CunningKitsune. Kels has no lack of spacies practice.
ya i know kels is really good but i tihnk it would be interesting to see him play someone like westballz or lovage who are better than midwest spacies

D

Deleted member

you're also no where near as good as cosmo, so there's that.
nah that's pretty false.

i think kels is good though. i'm more worried about his habits than his skill. he's way too predictable about going for the edge on his recovery or opening himself up to pivot grabs. some of the CA players might catch on, or kels will experiment a bit more. curious to see what goes down.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
nah that's pretty false.

i think kels is good though. i'm more worried about his habits than his skill. he's way too predictable about going for the edge on his recovery or opening himself up to pivot grabs. some of the CA players might catch on, or kels will experiment a bit more. curious to see what goes down.
sorry, it's true :) and that's not even a troll message, Cosmo is just a campy Zelda that beats really good people.

Your opinoin of how Kels will/may do is really similiar to my own however. This will test how adaptive Kelly is in a short period of time.

You going to FC? Cunning and I gonna be out there, we should run through some games like we did at ****ing FC3 lol...

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
umbreon is bad

kels can get top 5 if he brings his best, no doubt

trail might dominate as well but everything depends on the brackets i guess

good luck people

Divinokage

Smash Legend
That's not totally true about the brackets. If the tournament is this stacked then there's a chance that any one of them eliminates anyone. If you cant personally all of them, then you don't deserve to win, simple as that.

Violence

Smash Lord
To the people who are saying he's going to get top 5, just who the hell is he beating here? Gimme your top 10 or so.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
1) Manga
2) Lovage
3) Shroomed
4) Kirbykaze
5) Wesballz
5) SFAT
7) S2J
7) Kels

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Zhu? Fly Amanita? Lucky? SilentSpectre? PewPewU?
I'm expecting Zhu to place 9th, and the others to place equal or worse than that except Lucky. Lucky could potentially make top 3 depending on how he's playing, I'm not sure enough to predict a placing for him.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
Zhu? Fly Amanita? Lucky? SilentSpectre? PewPewU?
I expect Kels to compete very well with all of these players. In fact, I would be very dissapointed if Kels doesn't handle Fly. Fly is a great player but if the fox knows the matchup well, he definately has the upperhand. I've played Lovage in two tournament sets and I'd say Kels plays that particular matchup way better than him. Kels could very well lose to all these players, but all these players could very well lose to Kels. This is gonna be a great tournament.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I'm expecting Zhu to place 9th, and the others to place equal or worse than that except Lucky. Lucky could potentially make top 3 depending on how he's playing, I'm not sure enough to predict a placing for him.
I wouldn't underestimate Zhu if I were you. He has as much if not better chance than Lucky of placing top 3.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I wouldn't underestimate Zhu if I were you. He has as much if not better chance than Lucky of placing top 3.
In recent times Zhu seems to shine at locals and not do so well at majors, I'm not expecting anything special from him at this tourney.

Bones0

Smash Legend
No one can beat Mango+Lucky (maybe S2J+Lovage if they team).

Has Mango even expressed interest in trying at this tournament? Everyone's putting him 1st, but he may very well just go Falcon or Mario or something...

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
No one can beat Mango+Lucky (maybe S2J+Lovage if they team).

Has Mango even expressed interest in trying at this tournament? Everyone's putting him 1st, but he may very well just go Falcon or Mario or something...
I really doubt it it. He hasn't ****ed around at a big tournament since Genesis2.

that was 1 national, and he was playing against his roommate and lost. No biggie
We'll see.

Top Bottom