• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pray N' Trade! July 9, Hackensack NJ Trailer Uploaded!

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero

SPOILER: The venue is not a Play N' Trade store. It's a room owned by a church (hence "PRAY n Trade"). See photos below.

Hey, guys! I've decided to host a tournament before I move to Missouri in August. I hope you all can make it, because I'm awesome and it'll be hype!

ALLISBRAWL LINK CLICK "I'M ATTENDING"

FACEBOOK LINK CLICK "I'M ATTENDING"

Important Update!

The venue called me today and told me that I have the venue until 9:00 PM instead of 11:00 PM. Because of this, I will be starting doubles at 11:00 AM instead of 11:30 AM. I ask that you all be at the venue by 11:00 AM so that we can finish everything. To emphasize the importance of this, I will be charging a $3 late registration fee. I apologize for the change but I want to make the this a great event.

Venue Address

Mount Olive Baptist Church
260 Central Ave
Hackensack NJ, 07601

TRAILER: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoKdhstv4EM

Side Notes

• The venue has a parking lot!
• The venue does not have wifi, so streaming is not possible. If you want to record matches, feel free to bring your setups for that.

Schedule

Sign-ups: 10:30 am
Doubles starts: 11:00 am
Singles starts: About 3:00 pm
Venue closes at 9:00 pm

Payout and Pricing Information

Venue fee = $10 per person
Singles = $10 per person
Doubles = $10 per person ($20 per team)
Side Event (to be determined): $5 per person

$3 dollars off for each tv that you bring that I use
$2 dollars off for each wii that you bring that I use

dmbrandon Rule
Regarding Setups: If you bring a setup, you will recieve a voucher. You will receive a discount only after the tournament has been concluded, or we say it's alright if you disconnect your set up. We were put 2 hours behind last time due to cheapskates dipping cause they went 0-2.

You WILL NOT get a discount for bringing systems I can't use. I’d like if you guys had an idea of if you were bringing it a few days or so in advance, so I can schedule ahead.

I'd like as many setups as possible. TVs are more appreciated than wiis at this point, but bring whatever you have anyway please!​

TVs:
  1. Chenlicha
  2. Chibi (Flatscreen)
  3. Chibosempai
  4. Deltacod
  5. Deltacod
  6. Heavygarbage
  7. Keitaro
  8. Pierce7d
  9. RaptorTEC
  10. RaptorTEC
  11. RizMF
  12. RJ
  13. Tantalus
  14. Tony T
  15. Vinnie
  16. Will
  17. Yes!

Wiis:
  1. Chibi
  2. Chibosempai
  3. Deltacod
  4. Heavygarbage
  5. Ish
  6. Kai
  7. Keitaro
  8. Nakat
  9. Prawn
  10. RaptorTEC
  11. RaptorTEC
  12. RizMF
  13. RJ
  14. Tantalus
  15. Tony T
  16. Vinnie
  17. Wedge

*Interested Attendees*

1. Adam Gibson
  2. ADHD
  3. Afrochimp
  4. Alex Strife
  5. ANTi
  6. BigM
  7. Bizkit
  8. Bleachigo
  9. Bloodcross
  10. Blyde
  11. Cable
  12. Chef
  13. chenlicha
  14. ChocoNaner
  15. Coontail
  16. Crimas
  17. D3K
  18. Dazwa
  19. Deltacod
  20. dmbrandon
  21. Doom
  22. Eazy
  23. EEvisu
  24. Emmy
  25. Emukiller
  26. Ether
  27. False
  28. Fatal
  29. Fats
  30. -GDE-
  31. Geerz
  32. Ghost994
  33. Heavy Garbage
  34. Heero
  35. Inui
  36. Ish
  37. Itsnotmyfault
  38. Jash
  39. Jbandrew
  40. JCS
  41. Joe SeagullMan
  42. John12346
  43. Kai
  44. Keitaro
  45. KiD
  46. KillaCam
  47. Kit C.
  48. KoRoBeNiKi
  49. ksizzle
  50. Mechwarrior
  51. Nairo The Booty Warrior
  52. Nakat
  53. Nasty
  54. Nicole
  55. Nuker119
  56. Pane
  57. PentaUmai
  58. Pierce7D
  59. Prawn
  60. Pwii
  61. RaptorTEC
  62. Remix
  63. Rika
  64. RingOfFire
  65. RizMF
  66. RJ
  67. Robot Rock
  68. Salem
  69. Sama
  70. San
  71. Seph
  72. Sherise
  73. shinycoon
  74. Snakeee
  75. Sphere
  76. Starlight
  77. SuperMarioMC
  78. TheMadHatter
  79. TheTantalus
  80. Tony T
  81. trickyghost
  82. Vinnie
  83. vVv Cheese
  84. vVv Chibosempai
  85. vVv Pelca
  86. vVv Rapture
  87. Wedge
  88. WiFail
  89. Will
  90. xKing
  91. Xzax
  92. Ya Boi JG
  93. Zorai
  94. Zucco

Payouts

Singles

In the event that there are 20 or fewer entrants, the payout will be as follows:
• First Place: 55% of total entry fees
• Second Place: 30% of total entry fees
• Third Place: 10% of total entry fees
• Fourth Place: 5% of total entry fees

In the event that the number of entrants ranges between 21 to 45, the payout will be as follows:

• First Place: 52% of total entry fees
• Second Place: 28% of total entry fees
• Fifth Place: 2.5% each of total entry fees

• In the event that the two players who tie for 5th place want to have a set to win the other’s 2.5% of the total entry fees, they can let me know and I’ll allow it.

In the event that the number of entrants exceeds 45, the payout will be as follows:

• First Place: 48% of total entry fees
• Second Place: 24% of total entry fees
• Fifth Places: 4% each of total entry fees
• Seventh Places 2.5% each of total entry fees

• In the event that the two players who tie for 5th and for 7th place want to have a set to win the other’s share of the total entry fees, they can let me know and I’ll allow it.

Doubles:

First Place: 60% of the total entry fees
Second Place: 30% of the total entry fees
Third Place: 10% of the total entry fees

All Brawl
First Place: 50% of the total entry fees
Second Place: 30% of the total entry fees
Third Place: 15% of the total entry fees
Fourth Place: 5% of the total entry fees

General Gameplay Rules

1. 3 Stocks
2. 8 Minute Time Limit
3. Items set to "Off" and "None"
4. King DDD’s standing/small step chain grabs are banned.

5. If a match ends with a suicide move (swallowcide/ganoncide/bowsercide), the initiator of a suicide move will be declared the winner.

6. Meta Knight's Infinite Cape Glitch and Extended Cape Glitch are banned.

7. There is a Ledge Grab Limit of 35 for Meta Knight and 50 for all other characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.

8. The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.

9. Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

10. If the Ledge Grab Limit does not declare one player the winner, the winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death:

• In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).

• If the match ends with both players dying at the same time (coincidentally) or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 13 is used for Meta Knight, and 18 for all other characters.

Modified Rules for Doubles
1. Team Attack set to "On"
2. Life stealing is allowed.

3. If a player is using the character Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, or Sonic, either team may request that team colors be changed to make it easier to tell the difference between team players.

Set Procedure
1. Player Priority is determined if it can not be agreed on. (See below for details)
2. Each Team selects one controller port to use for each Player.
3. Each Team selects one character for each Player. A double blind pick may be called by any player.

4. The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Starter Stage List either by mutual consent or through the Stage Striking Method. The order of stage striking will be 1-2-2-1 (Team 1 strikes a stage, followed by Team 2 striking two stages, with Team 1 then striking one of the two remaining stages).

5. The first match is played.
6. The team that lost the previous match may opt to re-pick controller ports (with themselves picking first).
7. The Team that won the previous match may announce one "Stage Ban" if they have not already done so in this set.

8. The Team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from either the Starter or the Counterpick Stage List. Any Stage named as a "Stage Ban" by the either Team may not be selected. No Stage may be used by a Team that has already won on that Stage in this set.

9. The Team that won the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
10. The Team that lost the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
11. The next match is played.
12. Repeat steps 6-11 for all proceeding matches.

Determining Player Priority

If there is a dispute in controller port selection or initiating Stage Strike use the following method:

Teams agree to Rock-Paper-Scissors, otherwise it is determined with a coin-flip. The winning Team shall either elect to have first choice in port selection or first choice in Stage Strike. Whichever Team does not receive first choice in Port Selection will be compensated with first choice in Stage Striking.

Note: In Doubles, port selection is ordered 1-2-2-1 fashion (with Team-1 having first choice in controller slot select, Team-2 having both second and third choice, and the final slot going to Team-1).

Stage List

Starters
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counterpicks

Battleship Halberd
Rainbow Cruise
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Pokemon Stadium 1​

All Brawl Rules

Demonstration Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQughaSnWPA
4 Players per set
Single Elimination
All Stages On Set On Random
All Characters Random
Top 2 players Advance
All Items on set to Medium
First Player to win 2 matches moves ahead
2nd person to advance is decided in the order of: Match wins, lives left in last match, most kills in last match

For right now its single elimination although it may be changed to double elim. Here's an example of what a bracket may look like: Ohio Free For All Example Bracket

It will be the same minus the losers side of the bracket and most likely with more entrants.

Conduct Rules
1. BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.

2. Pausing will be left on, in the event that a player needs to contact the TO regarding a suspected breach of tournament rules in the match. In the event pause is on and is pressed to disrupt the match for no reason, the result will be a loss of the current stock for the perpetrating player. Second offense is loss of match, third offense is loss of set.

3. Players who use the Wii Remote must take the batteries out of the Wii Remote when not playing. If a match is disrupted because a player did not remove the batteries from their Wii Remote, they will be dq’d into the loser bracket if they are in the winner bracket, or dq’d out of the tournament if they are in the loser bracket.

4. You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility (including battery issues with a Wii Remote), so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be paused or restarted because of these problems.

5. Splitting is allowed should the top placers choose to, but for the sake of others, I ask that the top placers play to the best of their abilities regardless of splitting, and to keep the decision to split discrete for the sake of the spectators. Do not forfeit to rig the bracket; if I suspect this, I will take action against it.

6. No substitutions are allowed for singles or doubles.

7. Coaching is allowed only between games, not during. Failure to adhere to this will lead to punishment at the TO's discretion, which could include the removal from the venue.

8. DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.

9. The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.

10. Regarding textures and other game hacks:

• Players may request that any texture, stage, or other hacks be disabled during a tournament set. If this is unable to be done, they may switch to a different setup if available.

• Please do not use intrusive texture and stage hacks.

• Players are not allowed to use any game altering hacks, such as no-tripping or model hacks. If someone is caught setting up a system they brought with such hacks enabled can face punishment at the TO's discretion.

11. Please keep in mind that this venue is owned by a church, and thus, please be considerate, even if you yourself are not religious. Please try to keep swearing to a minimum, and please do not horse around or do anything that can damage property. If you have to rage, don’t break anything please. Drugs, alcohol, or any illegal substance in the venue will result in me DQ’ing you without a refund and removing you from the venue.

12. If you are caught stealing, I will publically humiliate you and then remove you from the venue.

13. Please clean up after yourselves. Blatant disregard of this request, should I see you throw food/garbage/bottles on the ground or at tables will result in annoying me, and may result in me DQ’ing you without a refund or removing you from the venue.

14. If your name is on the following list, you are allowed to use my laptop to help generate the brackets. This list is subject to change. Anyone not on this list who touches my laptop will result in annoying me, and may result in me DQ’ing you without a refund or removing you from the venue. Seriously, don't touch my **** lol.

• Keitaro
• RJ
• dmbrandon
• Vinnie

If I see anyone tampering with the bracket after the event starts, I will dq them from that event completely with no no refund.

15. After the bracket is generated, there will be NO REFUNDS

16. PLEASE SHOWER AND USE DEODORANT BEFORE COMING!

17. All rules can be changed and finalized at the discretion of the TO at the event. (Meaning, all rules that are listed are subject to change during the event that is taking place.)

Places to Eat

Busing Info
Bus Route Info updated!

To Hackensack From New York City
Walking Directions

Depart : PORT AUTHORITY BUS TERMINAL at 10:50 PM
Board : Bus No 164E toward MIDLAND PK HACKENSACK EXPRESS
Arrive : ESSEX ST AT POLIFLY RD at 11:10 PM

Walk 0.72 mile N to 260 Central Ave, Hackensack, NJ 07601
Fare Regular Child/Senior/Disabled
Bus $4.25 $1.90
Rail $0.00 $0.00
Transfer Fee $0.00 $0.00

Total $4.25 $1.90

To Hackensack From Clifton

Walking Directions

Depart : CLIFTON AVE AT FORNELIUS AVE at 10:20 PM
Board : Bus No 705 toward PASSAIC BUS TERMINAL-Exact Fare
Arrive : CLIFTON AVE AT MAIN AVE at 10:24 PM

Depart : MAIN AVE AT CLIFTON AVE
Board : Bus No 190 toward NEW YORK
Arrive : STATION SQUARE AT ORIENT WAY

Depart : STATION SQUARE AT ORIENT WAY
Board : Bus No 76L toward HACKENSACK LOCAL-Exact Fare
Arrive : HACKENSACK BUS TERMINAL

Walk 0.16 mile SE to HACKENSACK
Bus $4.70 $2.10
Transfer Fee $0.70 $0.35

Total $5.40 $2.45

• There is a pizza place and a convenience store, both a block away from the venue, and across the street from each other.
• There is also a Subway “restaurant” less than a mile from the venue: 335 Main St
Hackensack, NJ 07601, USA. Along with this, I know for a fact that there are many food places on Main Street, which you can access by walking straight down Central Avenue.

*Bus Schedules*
Passaic-Wallington-Wood Ridge-Hasbrouck Heights-Hackensack
http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0780.pdf

Paterson-Elmwood Park-Fair Lawn-Paramus-Rochelle Park-Maywood-Hackensack
http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0770.pdf

*Housing!*

RizMF is offering housing to those who need it. Please contact me or him about it for details/permission.

AIM; Yes! = yes2good9487
Riz = RizMF

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me 201-952-7923 or facebook.com/yes2good.

iRJi

Smash Champion
You know you wanna list me to help with the laptop. xP

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Imma click that link and if All Brawl isn't one of the options for a side event I swear imma spike your drink next time we have lunch.

Edit: Wanna have lunch today Yes!??

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Imma make sure there's at least 45 people here, then imma get 8th place, and buy some chicken.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
If you live in atlantic north, you have no reason to miss this **** right hereeeee

last shot to train for genesis with the stacked atlantic north players in a great venue. hit it uppp.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
I agree with the two posts above me! I will be updating bus routes or something soon. This month is pretty crazy for me.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Bus Route Info updated!

Walking Directions

Depart : PORT AUTHORITY BUS TERMINAL at 10:50 PM
Board : Bus No 164E toward MIDLAND PK HACKENSACK EXPRESS
Arrive : ESSEX ST AT POLIFLY RD at 11:10 PM

Walk 0.72 mile N to 260 Central Ave, Hackensack, NJ 07601
Bus $4.25 $1.90
Rail $0.00 $0.00
Transfer Fee $0.00 $0.00

Total $4.25 $1.90

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Reminder that if you want discounts on venue fee, and if you want the satisfaction that you made me a happy camper, please bring setups! I appreciate all of them!

<3

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
It's about as big as ktar's venue. there's a pic in the tourney post.

here

to the left is a flat screen that i plan to use for my ps3 with marvel or mk9 if vex comes and to the right is another wall full of tables.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom