• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

Chroma

Smash Apprentice
It's a careful balance
too little trashtalk and things are boring
too much trashtalk and Kage picks up peach to take that money

DuckPimp

Smash Ace
Let's see here...

1. Everybody thinks I'm bad or worse than I actually am.
2. I'm very open to everything which means that I allow everybody to take shots at me if they really wanted to. I give them free opportunities to do so.
3. I create my own opportunities in order to MM people, I mean MMs won't happen if I don't say anything.
4. Maybe my choice of words affect the way people react to me which in turn creates these kinds of conflict. lol.
yeah its great

never change

michael_li

Smash Ace
roustane i believe in you man. Your ganon is amazing, almost as good as adams LOL by the way i got 99999$$ on eric > westsmallballz and $10000 on roustane > westtinyballz in game, irl fight, muscles, pecks, looks, penis size.. Etc everything

Pause

No homo

PB&J

Smash Hero
Ive been watching a few falco videos lately and I noticed not alot of people dair to grab at low percents . I think its a really under used tactic and should be used more.

Lets Discuss

WestBallz

Smash Ace
grabbing instead of shining is bad. The only time u should dair ---->grab is when u kno they are gonna put there shield up in time or if u see that they di'd away so the shine wont hit.
Also kage ur not going to win. Your style does not counter **** for ****. And my melee record is infinitely better than urs. Anyway i am ACCEPTING ALL MM's at EVO.

WestBallz

Smash Ace
Here is a serious, on topic, question to you Westballz because I've noticed you do this way more than anyone else

Is there any real merit to shield pressuring with shine->wd in place->shine?
have u ever seen someone shield on a platform? What pp and most other falcos do when they are under them is shine waveland in place shine again into whatever they want. I just used the same principle everywhere not just platforms. Its so fast actually that u cant really react and u can only anticipate and try to punish. And if u get the timing down for my double shine i can delay the second shine so its higher in the air and if ur expecting it and trying to punish after the second shine u will get hit by the delayed shine. Also on top of that i can airdodge immediately after the delayed shine so u gotta wait until i land to punish which is even harder because u are looking for my DOUBLE SHINE. Basically i think my technique is absolutely hands down the best because u have so many different options u can cover and you can be safe if u kno how to do it properly.

Bones0

Smash Legend
I can't find the post where someone was asking about platform cancelling bair, but I was rewatching a vid and found an example of it. Just skip to 2:25.

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
Didn't kage lose to stab at g2? Lol

I'd put money on sung. Hell I'd pay for him to mm kage myself.

West, loving you posting on the falco boards. I don't play often but I still find myself checking out what you have to say about stuff.

Also agreed with you on your tech. I remember talking to umbreon forever ago about double shine mixups. It's always cool to see you put in to practice stuff I talked about years ago and everyone dismissed as a fantasy.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
grabbing instead of shining is bad. The only time u should dair ---->grab is when u kno they are gonna put there shield up in time or if u see that they di'd away so the shine wont hit.
Also kage ur not going to win. Your style does not counter **** for ****. And my melee record is infinitely better than urs. Anyway i am ACCEPTING ALL MM's at EVO.
Like I said, if you can't back it up, stfu. You're just saying generic statements that dont mean ****.

Didn't kage lose to stab at g2? Lol

I'd put money on sung. Hell I'd pay for him to mm kage myself.

West, loving you posting on the falco boards. I don't play often but I still find myself checking out what you have to say about stuff.

Also agreed with you on your tech. I remember talking to umbreon forever ago about double shine mixups. It's always cool to see you put in to practice stuff I talked about years ago and everyone dismissed as a fantasy.
If I say anything about the past, everyone is gonna say like OMG it was years ago it doesnt count!! But I don't really need to say anything, I'll just own them and then all the **** anyone has said before would basically make them look like idiots. In Westballz case, it will just be doubled after im done with him. And that loss you talk about was just a small MM, its not tournament.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ya because I actually care about what I have done before, it's pride and I have lots of it, I can't really deny that. Also I cant let anyone talking **** just slip by, they need to be cut down!

PB&J

Smash Hero
http://www.twitch.tv/pbnj23/c/2006581 I was talking about stuff like this and Mostly only on floaty characters http://www.twitch.tv/pbnj23/c/2006581

WestBallz

Smash Ace
LOLOL pb n j yeah that was a great combo and all but that combo would never happen at high lvl play and heres why. Anyone who is playing this game at a high lvl of competitive play knows how far bthrow fthrow dthrow and upthrow will send you and how much hitstun u will receive. With that being said u would not of hit that combo on anyone but a noob simple as that. Not trying to rain on your parade but its just is what it is. Id say try to Bthrow or upthrow because if they dont DI right it will lead to a GUARANTEED hit not just a janky im gonna mind **** u hit.

Rocketpowerchill

Smash Ace
Bones how do u do tht, do u fall through the plat first, or do u double jump insanely fast?

damn I blinked wen i saw tht shine dair on stream lol, thanks for posting tht combo pbnj, lol its jhfalco from ur stream and how the hell do u do platform canceled arials like ur a peach floating on the ground! omfg

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
Platform cancelling is useful in a few situations. I like to go for platform cancels out of shield drops with Yoshi so you can actually follow up well. . .

I think for Falco it would be useful because the B-air would connect more quickly then if you SH B-aired, especially if your opponent stays low. That being said, messing it up makes it so you either are below the platform or F-smash, so I think for most situations you're better off with just SH B-air, unless you're in a situation where you don't mind going below the platform.

Also, shots fired on West. . .I think everyone should keep in mind that both Kage and West are good players. . . it always sounds funny when a random simply tries to discredit either of them. IMO, 'it could go eiter way'.

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
SypherPhoenix and I tested the whole double jumping after up-B thing. It doesn't have anything to do with holding up. Some characters have startup frames on their up-Bs that are different from their actual up-B.
The only requirements for retaining your double jump after an up-B are:
1. You have not double jumped since the last time you landed, and
2. You were hit during the startup frames of your up-B.

The most important thing to remember is that #1 applies to incidental double jumps right before up-Bing. The ways to avoid double jumping before your initial up-B are hold up either during stun, lag, or after FHing, tilt the stick so that tap jump doesn't register, or press up+B on the same frame (really difficult).
To expand:

This works with Fox, Falco, Ness, Sheik, Zelda, Pichu, Pikachu, and Mewtwo. You can think of these characters as having two seperate parts to their up+b, and only the second part is flagged to take away the double jump on use. For spacies and Ness, the entire time they're sitting in midair while charging/directing PKT1 will not consume the double jump, so if they get hit out of it they're free to DJ. All the other characters listed only have a very short period of time at the beginning of their up+b that can be interrupted while saving the double jump.

Bones0

Smash Legend
To expand:

This works with Fox, Falco, Ness, Sheik, Zelda, Pichu, Pikachu, and Mewtwo. You can think of these characters as having two seperate parts to their up+b, and only the second part is flagged to take away the double jump on use. For spacies and Ness, the entire time they're sitting in midair while charging/directing PKT1 will not consume the double jump, so if they get hit out of it they're free to DJ. All the other characters listed only have a very short period of time at the beginning of their up+b that can be interrupted while saving the double jump.
Do you know if this also applies to other moves that send you into special fall? I was specifically thinking Phantasm and Illusion might have special frames on startup until they start moving. Might also apply to the side-B of Falcon, Ganon, ICs, or Yoshi, or maybe even every character's air dodge in the few frames before they are invincible. Also, maybe PK Flash (cause I like to PK Flash when I'm recovering all the time...).

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
Platform cancelling is useful in a few situations. I like to go for platform cancels out of shield drops with Yoshi so you can actually follow up well. . .

I think for Falco it would be useful because the B-air would connect more quickly then if you SH B-aired, especially if your opponent stays low. That being said, messing it up makes it so you either are below the platform or F-smash, so I think for most situations you're better off with just SH B-air, unless you're in a situation where you don't mind going below the platform.

Also, shots fired on West. . .I think everyone should keep in mind that both Kage and West are good players. . . it always sounds funny when a random simply tries to discredit either of them. IMO, 'it could go eiter way'.
>random.

Mm at zeneth/apex? :3

Rocketpowerchill

Smash Ace
i think westballz> kage in terms of falco being a better char, but i want kage to win cuz wes sed he was gonna **** kage.
kage u better train hard vs a falco cuz wes is comin for ya!
Should be a lot of fun. Great to see **** talk from 2 top players, this is what i want from EVO
good **** both of you

Top Bottom