• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

Animal

Smash Lord
bahamas? luckyyyy, whatever i get to play with prog and tipman. get at meee.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
theres a Kel that lives in the bahamas and thats who me and KK are talking about.

i know theres a "kels" but other than that i dunno i think u guys are talking about someone else.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Oh yeah, there's a Kel in the bahamas too.

I'm pretty sure there's one in the midwest, but I know he plays Brawl now....or maybe he always played Brawl. I forget.

Big_R

Smash Champion
ya kel plays brawlful. lives in cincy. idk any other kel besides kels. they used to go to a couple melee tournies and kel got all mad at kels for havin that name cuz it confused em when they called out matches

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Just started picking up Falco, and I ledge laser way too much. Am I correct in assuming their general use is for plugging dudes running at you on the edge but are still too far away to hit you out of them?

D1

Banned via Administration
Vs. platform camping Shieks what are Falco's best options?

Bair?

Run under and waveshine on platform (where Shiek is) and commence mixup ****?

Hit me!

Turazrok

Smash Master
Alright. I know how to isai drop. Now can you please inform me of the practical applications?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
is it possible to start shield pressure with a throw.....?

no, I'd say it's not possible and no one actually does that.

I think I need to make a thread stating what pillaring is and other such Falco terms. you know what, this whole forum needs a facelift, I'ma get on it.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Vs. platform camping Shieks what are Falco's best options?

Bair?

Run under and waveshine on platform (where Shiek is) and commence mixup ****?

Hit me!
Sometimes I'll just shoot her from a different platform, but there are other things you can do.

DJ double laser onto the edge(covers jumps and possibly running away)....Chops does this sometimes.

Bairs aren't too bad but they're pretty easy to see coming, so I try to avoid them if possible.

@Mogwai: Nice! That'll make things a lot easier lol.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
Alright. I know how to isai drop. Now can you please inform me of the practical applications?
it makes your laser platform game 10x more ****. i dont know if there are vids of it, but Eggm (and i think silent wolf?) were ****** hard with their platform laser games and lots of isai dropping at pound 3.

basically if you're lasering on, like DL, where you have lots of room, you have some options. you can SHL under a platform, and you can idjl onto a platform with two lasers. from a platform you can stay on the platform and laser, jump to a higher platform with one laser, short hop off the platform with two lasers, run off the platform with one laser, or isai drop through the platform with one laser. sometimes you want to do the last of these so your laser goes where you want when you want. it's just more options.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Sorry guys. =( Had a couple things to sort out and silly power ranking things to do. My finals are all done though, so I can start being better about questions now.

I'm gonna be out for a while tonight(leaving in a few minutes), but I'll try to answer what I can when I get back later on.

Didn't mean to drop the ball lol.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
dr pp

is there any chance you could chime in on doubleshines? I think they have some uses, but I'm not sure I've ever seen you use one. Do you not trust yourself to use them consistently enough, or do you just think they're not the best option?

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Falco is so good.

I'm starting to be able to doubleshine consistently now. Geez, finally lol.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
dear dr pp,

My balls have dropped and I didn't mean for it to happen, it just did. 'Tis okay I think.

<3,
Spawn

PS- I'm running on 3 hours of sleep, caffeine, and working all day so I hope that what I said made sense.
Sounds normal to me. Then again I live in NC.

@Foxlisk: Double shines seem to cover some defensive options, as Mogwai has said, like Fox's shine OOS or any possible maneuvers OOS that could be done expecting a late aerial. I never do it personally because 1. I'm not very good at it LOL and 2. I feel like ordinary shine mixups can still be improved upon personally to pressure shields better(as an example, I haven't really done much shine grabbing yet, but I'm doing that more now).

I guess I see it as useful but not fully necessary. I am working on double shining though because I'd like to use all of my options.

Edit: Just a little too slow Spawn. =p

D1

Banned via Administration
Thanks PP! I was thinkin bair was too predictable I'll work what you said into my repertoire.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Sounds normal to me. Then again I live in NC.

@Foxlisk: Double shines seem to cover some defensive options, as Mogwai has said, like Fox's shine OOS or any possible maneuvers OOS that could be done expecting a late aerial. I never do it personally because 1. I'm not very good at it LOL and 2. I feel like ordinary shine mixups can still be improved upon personally to pressure shields better(as an example, I haven't really done much shine grabbing yet, but I'm doing that more now).

I guess I see it as useful but not fully necessary. I am working on double shining though because I'd like to use all of my options.

Edit: Just a little too slow Spawn. =p
xD I knew that some people saw it. I ended up taking a nap, waking up and realizing what I said... hoping noone would quote it. xD

Kevin, let's chill at a tournament like the bros we are. If I had known you better I would have had no problem whatsoever doing that... but because I didn't know how you would react I decided it be best to just change it since noone had quoted it yet haha. <3

Edit: HOLY **** KEVIN WE THINK EXACTLY THE SAME, I JUST READ THE THING YOU POSTED TO FOXLISK!!!!!

So, what I've been doing has been only doing the normal stuff against people (only mixing up dair/nair shine) since I'm not that good with Falco yet. In my free time I practice a ****load of things including a lot of laser game stuff and multishining/multishine>grab/shinegrab/multishine>perfect wd forwards or backwards/waveshining perfectly. :D

In conclusion, Kevin- <3 you're awesome. :)

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Lmao Spawn. <3 Too good.

@Turazrok- It kinda depends on what sort of opportunity you get. Generally, you want to get Dairs to Dairs or Dairs to Utilts. When I see a combo I can't continue, I'll try to finish it with a Bair/smash and then try to keep pushing them offstage(bairs are what are typically used here) and edgeguard.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Man I love playing against Luigis

Specifically against Luigi you can always punish an aerial on your shield if it's high
I like Nair -> Nair vs. Luigi ... just pretending I'm Fox ~_~
Laser the missile and refresh invincibility for easy edgehogs
Don't be afraid to go out there to spike if he missiles high and doesn't misfire

Shine kills off the top on the mountain transformation and Yoshi's haha ... Cruise too maybe?

AvengerAngel

Smash Journeyman
[Magus' sexy stuff about Falco's Dair]

Double post for great justice.
Does this apply to Nair as well? Because it seems like I can't get it to combo in Training Mode, but it looks unavoidable o_O
I mean the TM combo meter doesn't count it as a legit combo, but there is no way on earth to avoid a Nair -> Shine combo at low %, unless you CC it of course. Does anybody know? :O

Btw... GOD BLESS YOU, MAGUS <33333

Turazrok

Smash Master
you shoot lasers until they cry, or do some awesome block string to them.

Punish them for being in the air pretty much.
I play against weegee like I'm fox. So I leave him alone in air and space bairs so he doesn't nair me :/

unknown522

Some guy
I understand.

I played vist in round 2 pools at pound 4, and it was pretty **** when I used falco game 2. Generic combos all day!!

his team with warriorknight was pretty beast though.

AvengerAngel

Smash Journeyman
Does this apply to Nair as well? Because it seems like I can't get it to combo in Training Mode, but it looks unavoidable o_O
I mean the TM combo meter doesn't count it as a legit combo, but there is no way on earth to avoid a Nair -> Shine combo at low %, unless you CC it of course. Does anybody know? :O

Btw... GOD BLESS YOU, MAGUS <33333

^ Quoted for emphasis

And btw, correct me if I'm wrong, Falco's shield grab takes 7 frames. His shine OOS, if it's perfectly executed, should take 6-7 frames (airbone on frame 6, I suck at frame maths). So... why is his shine OOS so good and overall better than a shield grab? I know shine combos way better than grabs (duh), but isn't a shield grab safer most of the times? :O

AvengerAngel

Smash Journeyman
On frame 5 you're still grounded, that's for sure. It should come out on frame 6 (I just checked SCOTU's frame data to be sure).
I'm not sure if shield grabs have different frame data than standing grabs, but Falco's standing grab comes out on frame 7 (info from SuperDoodleman's frame data compilation).

Top Bottom