• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

D

Deleted member

Ice- 32 posts, BR member.

pro status.
the staff has a way of cramming europeans into the MBR regardless of whether they post on smashboards or not, despite the MBR's primary requirement being post quality. if you're european and can play smash in any way, you can probably petition the staff for MBR access and probably get it. intellectual affirmative action, etc.

edit: 0 of those 32 posts are actually in the MBR, I checked.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Kirby has pretty good tools against Marth actually - not that it's a good matchup or anything. But he's fast enough to get in, and it's funny.

It's like "oh wait, I can't abuse d-tilt on this little guy cause his grab range is [------]."

1337h4xx0r

Smash Apprentice
PP, your post is exactly what I needed to see. I've always had confidence problems, and not just in Melee. Sometimes, I could play against someone I'm capable of beating, and lose just about every game, just because I feel as though they are so much better than me, that I wouldn't have a chance against them. I also find that when I do a combo that I feel is decent, my confidence level increases and I start to play better.

I also feel like I improve much faster whenever I have any confidence than when I don't have any at all. In fact, when I lack confidence, I could play for a long time and get basically nowhere. Confidence is key in becoming a good player.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
good **** pp. flower away my dude.

it would be tight if u could give any insight into reading your opponents, like what do u look for in countering and restricting movements...if that even makes sense
vnsdjkngendfs.c

This is extremely hard to write about and honestly it changes when you're actually playing and when you're just thinking about it. To give a little insight into what I'm going to write about next though, I will say that I like to learn things about how to beat every good player and then apply those concepts universally, especially any ones that overlap. There is a decently sized flaw in this strategy though. =)

That post about confidence and stuff was really good

PP where do you See Yourself on the World Rankings do you think You have to beat à all match serius going Mango before you can fully say you are the Best and what about armada are you guys Even or do allready surpassed him ?

Real interested to Hear your opinion about that .
Mango and I both agree that I'm not the best yet. He is. However, with him not playing and with me training, I will catch up to him eventually(so he says XD). Mango says it will be 2-3 more majors before I get there.

Me vs Armada......it's really weird. If I can master my confident play and some new ideas for my general playstyle(in addition to my vs Armada playstyle, which will become a loooot better by the next time we meet I'm certain since there are videos) then I will beat him head to head. Overall ability......we're evenish because we're better at different things right now I feel. I am confident by the next time we play that my overall will be better though. I guess you could say though that since I think I'll win the head to head and we're evenish on overall that that makes me better? Eh I'm just gonna put in work to make the distinction clearer. =)

PP, what's your take on multishining? I never really see you use it, but mixing up a double-shine in shield pressure isn't all that hard.
It is for me lol. I have no idea why though <.<

Overall, it's a great mixup and one that I advocate using.

Pp will probably say some mix of reliability, consistency, difficulty, and confidence, but that its probably worth learning and when theres nothing more important he will get on it.

Of course thats just a prediction based on his responses to most somewhat risky/technical things :D
Yo suck it baby

Lol. Less talky talky. More giving of the ****.
LOL Cactus too good <3

good work umbreon...thanks for letting us know
He's just giving helpful information.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
the fact you took that sarcastically at all means it was pretty damn pointless, inflammatory, and generally a douche thing to say out of the blue like that imo

MacD

Banned via Administration
get him andre

everyone needs to beat shroomed

i am going to do it now that i'll have more tech skill lol

and now i think i have to go watch that set lol

*sigh* i wish i could learn from vids the ways others do, all i see is like "oh look, i dsmashed on a platform and took 30+% because i'm stupid, if i stopped that maybe i'd be good"

Brookman

Smash Hero
you just need to learn how to force people to jump into your down smash, not stop doing them ;]

Synergy Cell

Smash Rookie
Dr. PP, your falco is honestly really entertaining to watch and I can say I actually favor it. Keep up the good work man, have you given any thought to trying out Project: M when it's finished?

One day i would like to Falco ditto you, hopefully it will come around one way or another.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I haven't enjoyed any of the P:M versions I've played so far, but I give it a chance every now and then. I'm sure I'll try it when it's finished too.

Synergy Cell

Smash Rookie
It's not as smooth as melee is atm, though i have to admit i like it. Falco for the most part seems to be there. I want to see what the finished product feels like though, i would be looking forward to a melee with more characters type of game.

Kanelol

Smash Lord
so i've been doing this new thing where i jab whenever i land. it's pretty **** after lasers and late dairs at 40% and up

not so much after nair

and i always **** up my grab afterward but whaterrh, just a thought

Brookman

Smash Hero
CROUCH

CANCEL

GRAB.

This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 3 seconds.

chak

Smash Rookie
i'm curious on people's thoughts on like a clutch factor or a point where your fingers just act independently of your mind.
i was recently playing some friendlies and in the middle of some shield pressure when i double shined. i'm not technically good enough to do it without changing my grip, and i haven't practiced it so its not muscle memory. i usually think about all the moves i do, but this just came out of nowhere. has anything like this happened to anyone else?

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
That's what happens pretty much whenever I play. If anyone has seen me play by myself, I suck *** technically. I can barely wavedash out of shine. But when I play vs others or I'm at a tournament, my tech skill is suddenly ridic.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
so i've been doing this new thing where i jab whenever i land. it's pretty **** after lasers and late dairs at 40% and up

not so much after nair

and i always **** up my grab afterward but whaterrh, just a thought
i like to do this more so as fox to cover my whiffs so i don't get dd grabbed. its pretty good in those situations cuz people are like "that fox just jumped into my space, now i can grab him for free" and then they get jabbed and disoriented and usually arent ccing and i dont get ***** =] but sometimes i forget about it lol

i never use it as falco really though, lasers in dat ***

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
The only problem with jabbing after a whiffed nair is that it loses to them just nairing back from their dash dance. But whatever.

@ Cactuar: Well, smug in a cute way.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
^ indeed, and thats one of my biggest faults.

<3 playing you at pound tho you may not remember, u were hungover as balls lol

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Lmao. Even if I was hungover, I probably still had a blast playing you. I always love playing everyone lol. Maybe too much.

@Chival: I'm too attractive to NOT marry well. ;)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Peepee: Could you make a post about Falco's Fair? I see you use it often and I never really realized how good it was until I saw you use it and then tried it out myself. First hit does 9 damage. Nine damage!
Care to explain how you first started implementing it into your Falco and your thoughts on the move in general?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Peepee: Could you make a post about Falco's Fair? I see you use it often and I never really realized how good it was until I saw you use it and then tried it out myself. First hit does 9 damage. Nine damage!
Care to explain how you first started implementing it into your Falco and your thoughts on the move in general?
Not to discredit PP, but I think we mostly have Zhu to thank for the revival of Fair. He's the first one I saw making a conscious effort to replace SHFFL nair with SHFFL fair in combo extensions, most notably on Falcon.

I also maintain that full hop fairing onto platforms has some untapped combo potential, but ultimately it's probably situational enough to qualify as needlessly flashy.

MacD

Banned via Administration
^ False.

You clearly haven't spent enough time around me.
Lmao. Even if I was hungover, I probably still had a blast playing you. I always love playing everyone lol. Maybe too much.

@Chival: I'm too attractive to NOT marry well. ;)
OMG I LOVE YOU CACTUS

Not to discredit PP, but I think we mostly have Zhu to thank for the revival of Fair. He's the first one I saw making a conscious effort to replace SHFFL nair with SHFFL fair in combo extensions, most notably on Falcon.
^this

zhu's been doing that to me for ages now, with fox and falco, zhu started doing it cause he was like "i can continue combos with it, it's soooo good" and "i can't hit you with anything else, might as well fair" depending on the situation

whether or not pp got that from zhu (very possible cause he's been a match w**** for a while now) it's not odd for really good players to try out every possibility after a while, especially when they are playing people who aren't that challenging to them

like i've figured out a few instances when ftilt is the best option with peach (one of which is actually against falco :p) and i've decided utilt still sucks lol

Top Bottom