• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ppl saying yoshi sucks?

jasonhan416

Smash Apprentice
A lot of ppl (mostly friends) keep laughing at me because i use low tier character, yoshi. I keep telling them that i use yoshi because yoshi is my favoriate character in mario theries. No matter how crappy yoshi is, i keep telling them i am going to use it.

They keep saying yoshi sucks in general, not only ssbb -_-...

I also beat all of my friends with yoshi in every game so.. this is getting on my nerve.

why ppl saying yoshi sucks even though i beat them with it?

Darktemplio

Smash Journeyman
Gainesville, Florida, USA, North America, Mars.
first of all, welcome to the boards :D

as for the whole yoshi issue i used to think yoshi sucked as well till i went to a tournament and almost lost to two yoshi players. Prolly the only yoshi players in the state but still, theres potential to him. still is low tier due to his recovery but hes good at comboing if you know how to use him.

dont worry too much about what your friends say. whatever you do, dont play metaknight. lol

Bwett

Smash Ace
Yoshi certainly isn't as good as most other characters, that is true. However, he certainly isn't as bad as everyone thinks he is. Just use him and own. Prove your character viability. When I started Yoshi as a main, all I wanted was to prove the viability of Yoshi.

So screw your friends. 3 stock them and then if they still say Yoshi sucks, then ask them how much must they suck to lose to a sucky character :)

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
before brawl i would never even look at yoshi in SSB game. he had no recovery and weird moves....

then i decided to use him as a joke in friendly. next thing i know i'm killing all of my friend's mains. so, now yoshi is a welcome member to my lineup. if your friends say yoshi sucks then they're just dip ****s.

Mmac

Smash Lord
There's not even anything wrong with his Recovery. Once you get used to it, you shouldn't get hit out of it at all the majority of the time

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: It's true; people will just think what they want. I wouldn't get too bent out of shape about it.

I remember one very clear summer day earlier this year, I was playing with someone (just can't remember who it is--maybe it was PikaPika!, I'm not sure) and they were clamoring about how Yoshi sucks. I like to humor people (a.k.a. not give them the satisfaction), so I was laughing along with them as we were playing Brawl and whoever it was said something really cute/scathing, so I started laughing real loud and somewhat obnoxiously, proceeded to 40% combo into spike off of Lylat (I think?) and then started laughing for real while I pointed and jeered.

I don't know where I was going with that. I just thought it was funny.

Peffico

Smash Rookie
Once you start owning more with Yoshi your friends start give the respect to him as well. Don't get me wrong they still don't use Yoshi but they see him as a legitimate threat now. Well also not mention I beat them senseless with Yoshi.

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman
Lol it's just a game, don't let it get on your nerves. Have fun, or else it's not worth playing!

lol @ shiri story :yoshi:

SOVAman

Smash Hero
:yoshi: It's true; people will just think what they want. I wouldn't get too bent out of shape about it.

I remember one very clear summer day earlier this year, I was playing with someone (just can't remember who it is--maybe it was PikaPika!, I'm not sure) and they were clamoring about how Yoshi sucks. I like to humor people (a.k.a. not give them the satisfaction), so I was laughing along with them as we were playing Brawl and whoever it was said something really cute/scathing, so I started laughing real loud and somewhat obnoxiously, proceeded to 40% combo into spike off of Lylat (I think?) and then started laughing for real while I pointed and jeered.

I don't know where I was going with that. I just thought it was funny.
Thats just so inspirational :p

yoshihybrid

Smash Rookie
Best thing I've done with Yoshi was recover from a 3-1 pikachu.

He got the first two lives, then something snapped. I didn't even realize what my fingers were doing, but pika left the next 3 times. Last one was funny cause he got footstool spiked at 20%.

Then you have every single marth match I've ever done. Those were beautiful games.

ArowYoshi

Smash Apprentice
Appalachian State University/ West Jefferson, NC
my freinds all respected Yoshi in all of the spinoffs except smash bros. untill i mained him, now its a goal of my buddies to beat me in a freindly, even if it means to have a 3 on 1 against me, lol those are fun. cant say i win all of those, but its still fun to see how long i can last.

Sharky

Smash Master
*adds another "why do people say yoshi sucks?" thread to his tally*

hmm, I'm gonna need another sheet of paper to mark all of these, soon. >_>

Seriously, how many of these threads have we had? Bah.

Since you're new to the boards, I forgive you. I still don't like allllll of these threads, though. >___>

goodkid

Smash Lord
Yoshi has always been underated. If you want to win, you can use Yoshi, but if you really want to win, like get 1st-4th in tourneys, then you'll need a higher tiered second character, just for those ugly match-ups Yoshi has, I don't play Yoshi though. You don't have to ditch Yoshi at all, but IMO more people will praise Yoshi when they see him in the finals, than just a Yoshi main that doesn't win.

Yoshi main's should consider a secondary higher tiered character, like MK, because you'll be praised more when they see a Yoshi in the finals!^_^

bigman40

Smash Master
Never.....Never will I play MK to get me somewhere. Yoshi can easily get me there, even through the hard matchups, it's not like some of the other matchups >_>

D

Deleted member

Yoshi has always been underated. If you want to win, you can use Yoshi, but if you really want to win, like get 1st-4th in tourneys, then you'll need a higher tiered second character, just for those ugly match-ups Yoshi has, I don't play Yoshi though. You don't have to ditch Yoshi at all, but IMO more people will praise Yoshi when they see him in the finals, than just a Yoshi main that doesn't win.

Yoshi main's should consider a secondary higher tiered character, like MK, because you'll be praised more when they see a Yoshi in the finals!^_^
This is false. You dont need a higher tiered character to get 1st-4th in tournies.

Sharky

Smash Master
would you believe I actually tend to do better in matches with Yoshi than MK? Snake too =P

darkspatan117

Smash Journeyman
he is a good MK counter probably the best or maybe it's another MK but at the same time he's not that spectacular

goodkid

Smash Lord
This is false. You dont need a higher tiered character to get 1st-4th in tournies.
I'm not saying you need a higher tiered character to win, just a character higher than Yoshi would give you a better chance of winning, unless your an amazing player that it won't really matter.:chuckle: If someone saw any Yoshi in the top 4 or finals it would bring more attention to Yoshi, than getting a 17th w/Yoshi:(

I'm just saying that adding a proved tournament winning character to your roster would increase the chances of Yoshi getting noticed. ;)

Talazala

Smash Journeyman
Yes, yes. We hear it all the time. It doesn't really matter though. If you do good with yoshi, then the people who say this will have nothing on yoshi. Simple.

HyperLucario22

Smash Rookie
A lot of ppl (mostly friends) keep laughing at me because i use low tier character, yoshi. I keep telling them that i use yoshi because yoshi is my favoriate character in mario theries. No matter how crappy yoshi is, i keep telling them i am going to use it.

They keep saying yoshi sucks in general, not only ssbb -_-...

I also beat all of my friends with yoshi in every game so.. this is getting on my nerve.

why ppl saying yoshi sucks even though i beat them with it?
If you said you beat them in every game with Yoshi, maybe its jealousy! =P

Seriously though, who cares what other people think? two of my mains are bottom tier, but I really don't give a crap so long as I'm good and own people with them thats all that matters. There are always gonna be people out there who will insult you for using a specific character.

*tries selecting Meta Knight*

Random Smasher: You iz n00b. You pick broken character.

*tries selecting Captain Falcon*

Random Smasher: lol bottom tier.

See what I mean? Just keep on smashing and just ignore it. People who insult you for using a specific character probly don't win that much anyways XP

pidgey14

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Redpidgey
Exactly. They are probably jealous and ignorance prevents them seeing Yoshi's potential

When I went to that gamestation tournament on the day after I got brawl, there were 2 people saying that Yoshi sucks. You know what happened? they didnt even make it through the first round. What happened to me? I got to the semis (too bad the tourney was timer matches and had FFAs -_-) and not only I impressed them 2 who said Yoshi sucks but even European brawlers who imported and I only had Brawl for only one day at that time.

Just ignore them or/and keep owning them. Either/both way(s), you would be superior.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I'm making my friends despise Yoshi as much as Meta Knight. Should I be proud of myself? =P

Orichalcum

Smash Journeyman
I used to like yoshi aswell but lately im hating him. its just the character himself, yoshi basicly. anyhow, this prolly applies to anyone and any character.

Its not your concern if you should play this character or not. Its not about playing this character for anyone else than yourself. If you want to play yoshi you do it for whatever reason. And if someone tells you you suck or better said your character sucks prove them wrong or you just do

Chaco

Never Logs In
Best feeling in the world...

.....3 stocking with Yoshi and Jiggly.

Yosh_miester

Smash Rookie
Well in SSBM i thought yoshi owned, mainly because all his attacks dealt plenty of damage, as well as decent knockback. Altho in SSBB they definetly nerfed him to a degree, they may have increased his speed a bit but his attacks are far weaker.

Yosh_miester

Smash Rookie
You seem to be missing the part where hes playable now, even if you're trying to win
Im not saying that he isn't a playable character, i was just making a reference to the difference between his effectiveness in SSBM and in SSBB. I still play him despite my views on his'nerfing' but not for serious/tournemant matches.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
yoshi cant do anything other than suck with that hot tongue of his.
but yes in additition to this thread i will give you the information required to retrive the holy grail of the yoshi's of old. You do a neutral B and a side-taunt

Top Bottom