• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Powerplay tournament, September 25, 2010, Memphis/Cordova, TN

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=112983182091714&index=1

Saturday, September 25
1:00 - Brawl
5:00 - Melee

Powerplay Video Games!
841 North Germantown Parkway
Cordova, TN

NOTE: Gamecube/Wiimotes will NOT be provided. BYOC. (Bring your own Controller)

I'm allowing personal setups for Brawl and Melee, but in the respect of space, No TVs please.This has been amended, but we need to get at least 6 TVs for Melee set up by 4 PM. Post here if you can bring one.
Current TVs:
2 - ihavespaceballs
1 - Cyner
1- Ambix
? - Bunbun

------------------------Super Smash Brothers Brawl---------------------------------
...Saturday, September 25th @ 1:00 P.M.
$10 Entry. ($5 venue, $5 pot). Cash Pot (70/20/10)

-Rules-
-3 stock.
-8 minutes.
-Items are turned to off and none.
-In doubles matches, team attack is on.
-All non-finals and semi-finals matches are best of three.
-Finals and semi-finals are best of five.
-Controller ports are determined by Rock-Paper-Scissors if there is a dispute.
-If time runs out, the winner is determined by stock, and then by percent.
-All persons are responsible for their own control scheme and must make sure it is set before the match begins.
-Any action that prevents the game from continuing results in a forfeiture of the match for the offender.
-Meta Knight's Infinite Dimensional Cape is banned.
-If a game ends with Bowser or Ganondorf using a Sacrificial KO (with Flying -Slam or Flame Choke respectively) and the game is tied, then any Sudden -Death is ignored and the Bowser or Ganondorf player is declared the winner.
-Stalling is banned. (Stalling is defined as any action that deliberately avoids all conflict as to make the game unplayable. Running from an opponent to get to a better position is not considered stalling, but using chain grabs infinitely against a wall (excessively beyond around 300%) or using Sonic's Neutral B repeatedly underneath the stage is.)
-Both players choose their characters for the first game. A double blind pick may be requested by either player.
-The first stage of a match is selected either randomly or by a stage striking procedure from the neutral stages.
-Both players may choose one counter-pick stage to be banned for the match.
-The loser of the first game announces the stage that s/he will counter-pick.
-The winner of the previous match chooses his/her character.
-The loser of the previous match chooses his/her character.
-Repeat steps 4-6 for successive matches.

~Neutral~
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
~Neutral/Counter-pick~
Castle Siege
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium (Melee)
~Counter-pick~
Brinstar (Melee)
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes (Melee)
PictoChat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise (Melee)

~Counter-pick/Banned~
Distant Planet
Green Greens (Melee)
Hanenbow (for doubles matches)
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Port Town Aero Dive
Yoshi's Island (Melee)

~Banned~
75m
Big Blue (Melee)
Bridge of Eldin
Corneria (Melee)
Flat Zone 2
Green Hill Zone
Hanenbow (for singles matches)
Mario Bros.
Mario Circuit
Mushroomy Kingdom (1-1 and 1-2)
New Pork City
Onett (Melee)
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses Island
Skyworld
Spear Pillar
Summit
Temple (Melee)
WarioWare, Inc.

Also, the Sample Stages included with Brawl to demonstrate the Stage Builder are not rated, and so are essentially banned from tournaments.

--------------------------Smash Brothers Melee Tournament!!!!-------------------
Saturday September 25th at 5 p.m.
1v1
$10 Entry. Cash Pot (70/20/10)

Rules:
4 stock, no items, 8 minute time limit
Opponents choose their characters for the first match.
The first stage will be played at random from the Random Stage List.
The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the neutral stage list or counter pick stages.
The winner of the previous match chooses their character.
The loser of the previous match chooses their character.

~Random stages~

Pokemon Stadium
Dream Land
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams

~Counter pick stages~

Rainbow cruise
Kongo Jungle
Jungle Japes
Mute City
Corneria
Brinstar

--------------

I was supposed to make an actual thread for this way earlier but I'm a terrible person and didn't. Please post if you're coming (I imagine it will be mostly Melee people posting here, but if there are any Memphis area Brawl lurkers here's a heads-up for you too).

Confirmed/interested list:
Melee
----------
ihavespaceballs
BunBun (iffy)
Ambix
Cyner
HyperDragon
Iori
Saberguy
Ace
Arby
Seifersythe
Myztek
Shka
Jartravious
WEZL
MULLETARIAN (FROG)
DIBS
CDIL
ILLIN
Tasty
Nite
Zero
Jason
Winnar
(unnumbered and unnamed Starkville people)
Chamberlin

WEZL

Smash Cadet
Go ahead and add Tasty, Frog, and Dibs to the confirmed/interested guest list. I'll see if I can find a tv to bring too.

MmmM ITZ TastY

Smash Cadet
<-------------confirmed

with ALL the Bartlett kids that some of you may or may not know.
WEZL
MULLETARIAN (FROG)
DIBS
CDIL
ILLIN
btw I believe we are all going to be at PP tonight also

(edit) lol wezl beat me :p

chamberlin

Smash Ace
I'm coming btw. :)

I'm taking my car, and all those who want to ride with me can. I gotta be back Sat. night at a decent time though, so there's that warning. I don't care if we leave on either Fri night or Sat morning/afternoon. Both are ok with me.

j00t

Smash Champion
The messed up date in the title. :p

If it was yesterday I would of been pissed, as well as probably a lot of other people. LOL

I couldn't drive to this or really any other tournament by myself anyways (my car sucks)

If moogle/Chad goes then I'd possibly try to hitch a ride with them :p

Winnar

Smash Lord
Sorry guys, broke my glasses at Bulldog Bash. They had a rave section, it was legit.

but yeah, no glasses = no driving

:(

Talon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talon
3DS FC
0404-8185-5062
Man Iori only won the brawl tourney because he had Seal powers. Bet if I had polluted his environment,he'd have lost.lol. GG's though Iori. I see DDD did not want to come back.Falco gave you victory. Btw who won the melee tourney?

N-e-m-e-s-i-s

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I just want to send out some love to all those who helped me make tonight's tournament the best ever! BunBun, Iori, Cyner, Talon, IHSB, Ambix and so many many more!

I'm looking towards the end of October for Round 2, and we actually might spice it up and make it a two day event. As of right now, things will continue on Wednesday nights indefinitely. You have made this possible!

Also, for all the new faces, Powerplay would like to welcome you to our Open Smash Brawl/Melee night on Wednesdays at 7 P.M. It's free, so those of you strapped for cash are only responsible for showing up! It's pretty chill and could possibly become something more than just a Fight Night! It's all up to you!

But, as I was saying, Thanks all of you guys for showing up and giving it your best! Powerplay & I appreciate it so much!

<3 M2

CCCP

Smash Journeyman
PowerPlay was too legit today. I wanna post a massive textwall of shoutouts and praise and to express how happy I am to have seen Arkansas again, but I shall abstain. Everyone I played was seriously good, and the regular practice on Wednesdays really seems to be paying off.

Except for Iori, who sucks regardless. :chuckle:

It almost felt kinda reminiscent of the days of the Pizza Inn, except for the whole "finishing tourneys as the sun comes up," bit. I love how even though our community is so spread out, there are people cool enough to make the drive just to hang out, talk turkey, and beat each other up with generally cutesy characters. Even without Smash, you guys are freaking awesome, and I <3 all of you guys like family. Smash just makes it that much better, though :laugh:

On a less-sappy note, everything ran a hell of a lot smoother than the last serious tourney that was held at PowerPlay, too, so props to them for being awesome. Hopefully we can have doubles next time! ^___^

:ness:

Talon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talon
3DS FC
0404-8185-5062
Except Iori. We all know he cheats to rely on his Seal powers.

WEZL

Smash Cadet
Anyone going to smashfest tonight? Trying to decide whether I should skip class again or not.

WEZL

Smash Cadet
I'll be up there maybe... *puts on cape* You shouldn't skip class for melee tho.

words from Gvice
School is important dog.
True. But I honestly think it's better for my brain to be getting exercise rather than zoning out to redundant crap about enterprise architecture. Plus it's group led discussion which means it's even worse than usual.

I hope you're there. I'm determined to take you to at least 2 stock >.< Just no Seal suits this time. They're OP.

Nite, you should definitely come.

Nite

Smash Champion
I do want to. I missed the tournament, so as long as I have a ride, I'll be there.

WEZL

Smash Cadet
Well if you live anywhere around Bartlett or Cordova and can't find a ride I could hook you up. That is... if you trust your life in the hands of a weasel.

Top Bottom