• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Power of Flight: The ULTIMATE Pit Guide

kupo15

Smash Hero
Code:
80000000 80623320
80000001 00000000
60000006 00000000
60000003 00000001
4A001000 00000000
4A101001 00000000
36000000 00000032
58010000 00000004
DE000000 80008180
58010000 00000060
DE000000 80008180
92210002 0000007C
92210003 00000014
58010000 000000C4
92210004 00000010
4A000000 805A0100
92210005 00000000
88A00004 00000005
4A001002 00000000
30000036 00000018
4A001003 00000000
92210005 00000040
88900005 00000004
94210005 00000040
E2000001 00000000
80100001 00000008
62000000 00000001
E200000F 00000000
80000001 00000000
80100000 00000244
62000000 00000000
E0000000 80008000
yggggggggggggggg

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
oh im pretty sure im right on this part but if im worng ill jsut shut up.... On the description of Bair you say that he kicks the person when i dont think he does im pretty sure he stabs behind him and thats what sweetspots i dunno if you look at the move really close i swear that he hits with his swords and not his feet

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
We don't need to piss mods off about this if they wanta sticky then they will, lets not bug them about it.

Your right its a sword I don't know what I was doing, I think I was tired and wanted to make a joke. That attack section was so borring to write that i may have gone alittle crazy.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
If you want to even bother correcting a small typo I found, the description for the up aerial should be "Description: Pit spins his bow above his head. This attack has great priority and can stop most attack(s) that come from above (and) hit your target back."

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I wrote this whole thing at another spot regarding his moves, and how he attacks. Ignore the Damage for it doesnt include the Stale moves penalty damage amount.
This includes how Pit attacks, which is pretty interesting. It's fun to learn how Pit performs his moves.

STANDARD ATTACKS
A: Pit does a slash attack with his right blade.
3% damage

AA: After the first attack, Pit does a horizontal slash with his left blade.
3% damage for the first attack, then 3% damage for the 2nd attack. 3%-3%

AAA: After the 2nd attack, Pit does an almost vertical slash with his right blade.
5% damage. 3%-3%-5%. Combo does 11% damage.

Rapid A (Hold A when performed): After the second hit, Pit uses his right hand to spin his Bow clockwise from his view in front of him. He can continously do damage this way.
1%-1%-1%-1%-1%... 1% damage per hit.

F-tilt: Pit puts his Bow behind him, then detaches it quickly and does a cross slash in front of him.
12% damage.

D-tilt: Pit uses his right arm and does a slash at the opponent's feet. This move can Spike, but the opponent must be very close to Pit at his feet supposingly, as well as being airborne. The spike can KO a Pit at about 35%+ damage at Final Destination proving that this is a powerful Spike. It automatically KOs those with poor vertical recovery, such as Bowser.
11% damage.

U-tilt: Pit quickly puts one end of his Bow on the ground, then pulls himself up to do a double kick upwards, left kick first, then right kick.
3% damage from the Bow, 6% damage from his first kick, 7% damage from his 2nd kick. Total damage is 16%.
This is one of my most favorite Pit moves because the way the move looks and the way it is performed is simply amazing.

F-smash: Pit slashes with his right blade, quickly reunites his blades together, then slashes again using the left side of the Bow.
7% on the first slash, 12% on the 2nd slash when the Bow is formed. 19% total damage.
When fully charged: 9% on the first slash, 17% on the 2nd slash when the Bow is formed. 26% total damage.

D-smash: Pit does a low slash with his right blade in front of him, then quickly does a low stab behind him with his left blade.
13% on first hit, 10% on 2nd hit. 23% total damage.
When fully charged: 18% on first hit, 14% on 2nd hit. 32% total damage.

U-smash: Pit slightly rises up above the ground and slashes upwards with his right blade, slashes with his left blade, then slashes again with his right blade as he spins around once.
After the last hit, when he lands, if you can look at him at the right time, he closes his eyes for a brief moment.
3% for the 1st hit, 2% for the 2nd hit, 8% for the 3rd hit. 13% todal damage.
When fully charged: 4% for the 1st hit, 3% for the 2nd hit, 11% for the 3rd hit. 18% total damage.

Dash Attack: Pit slightly leaps forward and does a quick slash. This move is laggy compared to his other moves.
12% damage

AERIAL ATTACKS
N-air: Pit spins his Bow with his right hand to make a 360-degree hitbox.
1% damage for every hit except the last one, 4% damage for the last hit. 11% total damage in 8 hits.

F-air: Pit does a cross slash in front of him.
14% damage

D-air: Pit does a downward slash with his left blade.
12% damage

U-air: Pit spins his Bow above him with his right hand.
2 damage per hit, 12% total damage in 6 hits.

B-air: Pit uses his feet to kick in front of him, and by using both hands, does a powerful stab behind him with full force.
15% Sweetspot damage when he does his forceful stab, 7% damage after the sweetspot hitbox. This will not hit if the sweetspot hits, unless you are facing a Boss with multiple hitboxes.
This is one of my Favorite Pit moves. This is perhaps his strongest KO move if you get the sweetspot to connect.

Glide attack: Pit quickly uses the right side of the bow to do a slash downward that also comes up a bit with his right hand.
12% damage.
This is one of my Favorite Pit moves. Not only is it a strong move, I love attacking while in the sky.

B SPECIAL ATTACKS
Palutena's Bow (b): Pit holds his Bow in front of him. Pit pulls his left arm back away from the Bow, then the 2 rings on his left arm move in front of Pit's left hand to form the arrow, and shrinks to hold the arrow in its place. When Pit is about to fire, the 2 rings grow back to normal size, and at the moment he fires, the 2 rings quickly move back on Pit's left arm bracelet.
5% damage, 11% when fully charged.
Surprisingly, the move's damage does not change even if you are bigger or smaller than normal, but the arrow speed will decrease if you are smaller, and the speed will be faster if you are bigger.
Hold up on the control stick to make Pit aim upwards. Release it and he will aim it back to the direction where he was last facing. Move the control stick in Pit's opposite direction to make him aim behind him. After Pit fires the arrow, use the control stick to curve his arrows.
One of my favorite moves considering that you can aim the arrow. Arrow Tech make it better. Other reasons make it obvious why I love the move.

Angel Ring (Side-b): Pit magically spins his Bow in front of him with his right hand while the Bow glows. The Bow repeatingly does damage if the opponent touches it.
1% damage per hit. (hit occasionally does 2% damage)
This move reflects any projectile in front of Pit, and will do more damage than normal. Moves with good priority can pierce through the angel ring and hit Pit directly. Other moves may just cancel the move out.
Continuously press the B button to make this move last longer. Pit will automatically stop after about 10 seconds. There is a small wind effect at the end of the attack that pushes nearby opponent away, supposingly from the gold glitter that appears after the attack.
You are vulnerable from behind, or if the attack is coming below or above the Angel Ring. As mentioned before, moves with good range can hit you directly.

Mirror Shield (Down-b): Pit pulls out his Mirror shield and holds it in his left hand in front of him. The Shield will do no damage, but will reflect projectiles that are in front of Pit. Certain projectiles (such as Lucario's Aura sphere, Wolf's blaster) will be reflected and will travel at a faster speed than normal, while increasing the damage that projectile does. This move also blocks attacks in front of Pit. However, the shield will get pierced if enough damage is taken, and you will get hurt by the attack that was hitting the Shield. Pit will automatically put the shield away after 10 seconds.
When the Shield is out, hold the B button and hold up on the control stick to make Pit hold the Mirror Shield slightly higher. You are vulnerable from behind, or if the attack is coming below or above the Shield.
One of my favorite Pit moves. "Nice Try!"

Wings of Icarus (up-b): Pit uses his wings to fly. The wings glow in a beautiful shiny blue. At the beginning of the move, there is a wind effect that pushes the opponent away from Pit. It does no damage.
Move the control stick in the direction you want Pit to fly to.
It lasts about 4 seconds. If you use it again quickly after using it, the time is reduced to about 2 seconds due to fatigue, so be careful. If you get hit (excluding attacks that dont make you flinch, like Fox's laser) while doing this move, you are unable to use it again, and if you were recovering you are most likely dead for you also are unable to jump again. You will do Angel Ring instead of the Wings if you attempt to use it again after getting hit. If you use one of your aerial attacks while using the wings, you are unable to use the move or your jumps again as well. There is a wing tech that allows you to use your jumps, and the wings again even after you get hit or use an attack.

GRAB/THROW ATTACKS
Grab: Pit uses his left hand to grab the opponent. He holds them at about his waist level.

Grab hit: Pit hits the opponent with his left knee. It is done fairly quick.
2% damage per hit

F-throw: Pit does a slash with the right side of his Bow, supposing at his opponent's head.
10% damage.

U-throw: Pit quickly rolls about 90 degrees backwards to the position where he is on the floor while putting his opponent where he is directly above Pit, and then Pit uses both feet with strong force to kick his opponent into the air. After kicking the opponent, he quickly jumps back on his feet.
11% damage.
This is one of my favorite Pit moves. Not only is it the strongest of his throws, but also looks pretty amazing.

D-throw: Pit throws his opponent on the floor face down, and slams the opponent's back using his Bow.
6% damage.

B-throw: Pit spins in 540-degrees clockwise while using his left arm to hold the opponent. After about spinning 360 degrees, he raises his opponent up a bit (supposingly holding the opponent by the neck), then slams the opponent to the ground head first.
8% damage
This is one of my favoritre Pit moves. It may not be the strongest of his throws, but it looks cool and I love the way it sounds as he is spinning his opponent around.

MISC. ATTACKS
Get up attack (face up): Pit does a vertical slash behind him with his right blade, and then a horizontal slash in front of him with his left blade.
Both hits do 6% damage each.

Get up attack (face down): Pit gets up to do a horizontal slash in front of him with his right blade, then stabs behind him with his left blade.
Both hits do 6% damage each.

Get up attack (after tripping): Pit spins his bow behind him, then in front of him.
Both hits do 5% damage each.

Get up attack (From the edge): Pit gets up and after using his right hand to rise up, he spins around once and does a horizontal counterclockwise sweep kick with his left leg.
8% damage

Get up attack (From the edge with 100%+ damage): Pit slowly gets up, raises his right hand and stabs the opponent with his right blade (it can be his right side of his Bow if he is hanging on the ledge with his bow attached).
10% damage

Though I sense errors in this thing here, It took me 4 hours to not only write that whole thing down, and observe how Pit performs his attacks in training mode.
I did this to the best of my ability and obversation.
I really did this because I think it would be nice to know how Pit performs his moves. He's that good, especially on that U-tilt part. This is the ULTIMATE Pit guide afterall, and I'd love to help out wherever possible.
Feel free to correct me where errors are present.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Yeah, does anyone have any tips on how I can practice my angel ring tech? I have been trying and it is by far the only tech in brawl that has taken me over 1 hour to actually try to control...

kupo15

Smash Hero
it is really hard to get good. I dont think anyone is good enough atm to be able to truly control it. I think the easiest is the full hop. AR slightly after the jump. Its not too hard... then go to the short hop....then the universal timing. After you get the short hop down then you find the right situations where you know a 2nd -4th jump ART will work like coming back to the stage for example. It is not something easily taught so you will have to play around with it..sry :(

kown

Smash Lord
tbh i gave up on ART. i reccomend learning it but i just rather learn other aspects to pits game to make up for ART.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Im finding for uses for it actually. For example instead of returning and grabbing the ledge, you can ART back on directly from the jump. Or you can ART to a platform in BF also. Angel Ring flows to Dtilt pretty nice and ART is pretty sweet!

kown

Smash Lord
i know ART is nice, i just dont find it practical to master. BUT I DO FIND IT USEFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! heh just so we r clear.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Finally got around to looking through your guide a bit... good work for the most part, but I found a couple issues.

One... You can keep the AR out as long as you keep mashing the B button. There is no 10 second limit like the Mirror Shield. This isn't really a big deal since if you ever get the chance to keep it up for more than 10 seconds your opponent is a dolt, but for sake of correctness I figured I'd point it out.

Personally, I believe wingdashing is more important than arrow loops, and having tap jump on makes wingdashing quickly much easier. You're already hitting up to WoI, so the jump button is less necessary, clearing your right thumb to hit B then down C.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Actually unless I messed up with the AR, Im pretty sure it isn't infinite and I know for a fact the shield goes away on its own.
I agree and I think that you find more wingdashing situations than arrow looping. Im not saying its impossible but Tap jump on messes with the arrow looping situations and your ability to move the way you want to while controlling arrows.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Actually unless I messed up with the AR, Im pretty sure it isn't infinite and I know for a fact the shield goes away on its own.
The shield does, yes. The AR? If it even has a time limit, it certainly isn't 10 seconds cause I just kept it out for a minute straight. Might as well be infinite either way. :laugh:

I agree and I think that you find more wingdashing situations than arrow looping. Im not saying its impossible but Tap jump on messes with the arrow looping situations and your ability to move the way you want to while controlling arrows.
Personally I hardly ever loop arrows, and I'd hate to not have tap jump, so I figured I'd just give some input. Not all Pits recommend turning it off.

kown

Smash Lord
point it out.

Personally, I believe wingdashing is more important than arrow loops, and having tap jump on makes wingdashing quickly much easier. You're already hitting up to WoI, so the jump button is less necessary, clearing your right thumb to hit B then down C.
who says B has to be the only special button?

aaron1046

Smash Rookie
Woot pit!!
When Pit first got announce I had a feeling I'd be him! With his dual blades and great jumping and fast movement! And look! I use him XD
Great character to be!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
When Pit trips, he does get up, and spins his Bow behind him first, then in front of him. Both hits do 5% damage each, minor horizontal Knockback, less than Pit's getting up attack.
Maybe that should be added in the list just in case you either trip, or supposingly come across bananas. Check to make sure. It seems like it would go next to one of his "Getting up" attacks.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Also, I'll be testing this later tonight, but grab releasing to f/dsmash can be quite useful for KO'ing (especially a relativly fresh/fresh fsmash) so I'll be testing this out + KO %'s from the center of FD with decent DI (1/4 speed for the win?)

// please tell me if this has been done D:

Top Bottom