• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Power of Flight: The ULTIMATE Pit Guide

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
I think smashville is a good stage, if you get someone caught in your >B when on the platform, they have such a hard time getting out if it is going the same direction your facing.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Vid thread? Well 1 of my vids is in there right now. Give them time.

Shiek Ownz

Smash Rookie
very helpful. I've wondered how much damage every atk from pit does for a while now.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
For the ledge game, I was wondering if I could add some stuff for it based on what to do on what situation.

When opponent is camping
Ledge drop, jump, shoot an arrow if they're just sitting there and waiting

Ledge drop, jump, and mirror shield if they're attacking with flying projectiles or shooting projectiles.

Ledge drop, jump, and Angel ring if they're attacking with ground hugging projectiles.

Ledge drop and jump to re-grab edge or Ledge drop and immediately use Wings of Icarus if it is not a good idea to shoot arrows at them and they are camping there so that you can test their patience. You can also get out of the ledge and go for an approach if this situation occurs since there is a nice opening for you to approach with between you and your opponent.

When opponent is charging at the ledge by ground- Ledge drop, jump, and Fair, Nair, or Bair

When opponent is charging at the ledge by air- Ledge drop, jump, and up air or ledge jump and Nair

When opponent is at the ledge and isn't attacking or shielding- Ledge drop, jump, Nair, Up air, or bair if their at high percentage or just sitting there and waiting.

If opponent is attacking the ledge, expecting you to ledge drop, jump, and attack and be vulnerable in the jumping part, just simply ledge attack and they will get hit unless they are really quick about stopping their attack spamming. The invincibility frames should cover you so you should get a clean hit.

If opponent is shielding and preparing to shield grab you if you do a ledge drop, jump, and attack, Ledge drop, jump, and use and use angel ring directly after you jump. I have accidentally done Angel ring Techs with this before which help you drastically at racking up damage and trapping them in their shield until it decays too much.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
i suppose you could always add in the moves section what AT's use the moves

like under light arrow, after description you could have a section that says something like AT's associated with this move

oh and i dunno if you have this in there (should have looked before i started typing) but you could put pits semi combos and what not like, d throw to u air, or maybe something about pits pseudo chain grab

i dunno just looking for anything to add on

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
You can always add how Pit does his moves, like what hand he uses his weapon, how does he move and all. I think i posted something like that somewhere...

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Except that isn't useful info and would just clutter and take up space making it harder for other people to find the usefull and inportant stuff.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Thats even better. Various advice for a Pit on the ledge should be helpful for those in that situation. Then again, it seems like common sense.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Yea finally. Youko is the man. Everyone should thank him! lol Now all we need is the "please read before posting" gone and the stickied threads should be good for the moment.

Ceph

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1805-2306-4996
Pure awesomage.

Thanks so much for this guide! It's helped me tons and I can't wait to practice those AT's. :psycho:

kupo15

Smash Hero
Thank you. Dont forget to thank CorruptFate. He helped a lot with it also.

CF: Ill make the names bigger :)

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Its just that we dont wanta fill this space up with everything you could do thats why there are so many links that the bottom you can use. If you wanta make a quick guide to ledge fighting we could link it.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Sorry Demon. It hasnt been ignored. Ill see if I can go through it this weekend. :(

EDIT: I think CorruptFate has a good point. This thread can get to a point where too much info at once can be bad.

Ceph

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1805-2306-4996
interesting...

I just discovered something new (to me)! The wind push at the end of the Angel Ring actually increases in power the more damage your foe has! I did it to DDD at 999% and it pushed him to his death lol. It works best if they are in the air already.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Because Pit lacks melee range, his zoning capabilities arent as good as some other chars, but his arrows do help him out at long range.

For Shield pressure, think SH N-airs, Rapid A jab, and Angel Ring. If your opponent is on a platform above you, then U-air does pretty good too.

That's all I could probably give, the others should link the other guides if needed.

darkspatan117

Smash Journeyman
watch out adm pit if they see you're using angel ring has a shield pressure they will drop the sheild 1/4 circle di behind Pit and smash or grab him.

Funnny Fact Pit dtilt outrange every tlink has on the ground

AndrewCarlson

Smash Journeyman
Pit's arrows are very good, but they are almost useless when Pit is forced to fight close range. Meta Knight and Marth (two of his toughest match-ups in my opinion) may lack projectiles to compete with Pit, but what do you do once they start to pressure you with their high priority ground and aerial attacks?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I never liked those 2 chars, and should I be forced into close combat, I'll use my string of close combat tactics, including winglunging and some N-airs. F-air, D-air, and Up-B will probably be my primary attacks at this point.

AndrewCarlson

Smash Journeyman
Pit's F-smash and D-smash are very good at punishing as well, say out of a spot dodge or shield. They're quick on start-up, provide good knockback, and have little lag afterwards.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
You can add Pit's frame data for his attacks now =)

Pit
Jab: 5

Forward Tilt: 14
Up Tilt: 2
Down Tilt: 6
Dash Attack: 7

Up Smash: 6
Down Smash: 5
Forward Smash: 8

Forward B: 12
Neutral B: 20
Down B:???
Up B:???

Forward Air: 12
Back Air: 9
Down Air: 10
Up Air: 9
Neutral Air: 4

And to look at everyone elses frame data go to this:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=202204
Do you have the data on how long the total attack lasts including starting lag, duration of the attack, and the ending lag for the aerials? I've always wondered which aerial was the quickest.

Top Bottom