• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Power of Flight: The ULTIMATE Pit Guide

Afropony

Smash Lord
I got this data from that thread and put it on here because I thought it could be a good place to put Pit's frame data.

I don't know how long the moves go for but the owner of that thread might.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
KUPO15 THIS NEEDS AN UPDATE!!!!!!!!! I will get a few links and what not together and give you a list...........

Because this guide was so amazing, if anyone else has an USFUL info, ideas, or links PM me and ill look over them and add them to it.

where your shield pressure, follow up,trap thread uh how does Pit deal with zoning
A bit late for a replay, but we have a few of those threads, this just needs an update.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Updated with frame data. I really want to turn this thread to you because I don't feel like updating it. I know it can be done.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
If we both PM Xyven he might be able too, but if only I PM him then it will sound like im "planing" somthing. But you can do it you spend to much time on Brawl + we all miss you. :(

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
No he is just busy with, Brawl + stuff and school...I have alot of school too but kupo has been a bigish name in Brawl + and is busy with that where at the same time I will be able to update the guide. He isn't leaving silly ADM

kupo15

Smash Hero
No he is just busy with, Brawl + stuff and school...I have alot of school too but kupo has been a bigish name in Brawl + and is busy with that where at the same time I will be able to update the guide. He isn't leaving silly ADM
This is correct.

Why cant I find his name?

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Don't worry your name will still be on it. Ill get some updates done and everyone in the social for it please check there and post any info/links you think should be here.

Thx for the help Mic and Xyven!!!!!

Coffee™

I need it....
All frame numbers are done in 1/4 speed in training mode.For start up lag, I clocked the time from the button pressed to Pit hitting Snake, multiplied by 60 divided by 4. For the post lag, I clocked from the sound of the last hitbox to a buffered shield. No contact made.

The actual duration of the entire move is NOT included yet
Red is Start up lag
Blue is post lag
Green is during the move
Yellow is total move frames

Ground moves

AAA(IASA)-6 frames/28 frames/27 frames/61 frames
Ftilt-15 frames/27 frames/42 frames
Dtilt(starting from crouch)- 7 frames/23 frames /30 frames
Utilt-3 frames/12 frames/20 frames/35 frames

Fsmash-7 frames/15 frames/29 frames/51 frames
Dsmash-6 frames/15 frames/20 frames/41 frames
Usmash- 6 frames/11 frames/29 frames/46 frames

Dash attack- 9 frames/33 frames/42 frames
Grab- 7 frames/23 frames/30 frames (total with missed grab)
Running grab- 13 frames/30 frames/43 frames(total with missed grab)

Charged Usmash- 6 frames
Charged Dsmash- 6 frames
Charged Fsmash- 7 frames

Order from fastest to slowest

Start up lag:
Utilt
AAA
Dtilt
Usmash/Dsmash
Fsmash
Grab
Running grab
Ftilt

Aerials

Nair-3 frames
Fair- 12 frames
Bair- 9 frames
Dair-12 frames
Uair- 9 frames
Glair- 6 frames

Order from fastest to slowest:

Start up lag:
Nair
Glair
Bair
Uair
Fair/Dair
Kupo posted this a while ago, its alot better than the frame data currently up so might want to use this one. You're probably going to want to add the link for the Matchup Master Thread.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Ya ill be getting frame date, links to good threads, stage and match up threads, and so on if there is anything else I might be forgetting PM me the links.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
:( I was updateing this I was almost done and my comp lagged up so I had to restart it and lost all the work I was doing :(. The update will be comming soon I promise guys, I just have finals on Monday and Tuesday so Sunday will be kind of a craming day and I have my tourny today. Wish me luck...... don't post it thought just try to tell me with your mind.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Was just doing that, there are a few small changes I still would like to make such as putting the frame rate with each attack it goes with so people can see the frame rate to damage out put, but im hungery right now so i will do that later. Thanks for the help with it Maniaclyrasist.

kupo15

Smash Hero
interesting style of the guide. And you took my picture down! :( I guess tripping has no uses anymore. But that new pic is nice.

I think you should update the Frame data because I recently did what Tenki said and multiplied it all by 3/5

SSD

Smash Journeyman
The only reason the arrows disappeared when they were shot to the left and right was because the stage ends there.
And when the arrows was shot up it should have kept going because when you use shoot 4 arrows up into the air you can loop them down and none of them disappear... That video was very confusing.

if you look closely, you'll see that the arrow went so high that to see where it went, I had to zoom out to a point where the arrow was longer visible.

The vid showed nothing that we didn't already know, if they go off the map then they are gone, all that did was show where the edge of the map is.
I made it during a chat last night, where a (i think) new player was wonder exactly where the arrows vanish on the sides. severals other in the chat said "i dunno lol" so I said "I WILL MAKE A VIDEO RIGHT NOW." I then uploaded it and we all watched it.

it's just a video reference, which is never a bad thing.

Penultimate

Smash Rookie
Lol probably 2 noob questions but anyways:

1) How EXACTLY do I glide? I was just madly moving the stick and it started gliding, but I cant rely on random movements in a match...

2) Do arrows stay that long to go in a full loop? and doesnt the control of arrow go a few moments after using it?

Please help..

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Lol probably 2 noob questions but anyways:

1) How EXACTLY do I glide? I was just madly moving the stick and it started gliding, but I cant rely on random movements in a match...

2) Do arrows stay that long to go in a full loop? and doesnt the control of arrow go a few moments after using it?

Please help..
First off welcome to the boards, and everyone is a noob at some point so don't worry. We have a thread for questions about pit, http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=179200, if you wanta look/ask more.

1) you glide by holding jump, (this can be done on any jump but the 1st and takes a jump).

2) I don't know if I understand the question or not, but arrows last as long as they don't go off the field. And you can control and arrow the same instance it is fired.

wangston

Smash Lord
Nice guide Fate. Your pit is becoming to good. I'm a little worried to play your pit, not your ROB though hehe.

BTW Heard you wouldn't edit this post.

You heard wrong *****.

Tucker!

Smash Rookie
good job on this thread for real, taught me some real handy things, now im normally a sonic player, but ive been trying to pick up pit lately, this guide showed me some pretty neat things, keep up the good work and keep adding more stuff so i can get better =P

madival

Smash Cadet
Glad to see frame rate data. Was just about to go look for them when I found this. Any chance you would have the frame rate data on some of pits B moves?

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
It was kupo who did the frame data, all I can say is ask him. If he does have it he hasn't shared it with me though, or put it in his thread about it.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Up dated with:

* Pit Moveset Discussion! - A place to discuss each of pits moves and when is a good time to use them.
* The 'How to deal with specific enemy moves' thread. - A great place to find out how to deal with some of the harder moves in the game.
* Pit Tournament Results - A place to see how several Pit players are doing in the competitive Scene.

And R@vyn's Frame rate data.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
It's spelled "Scene" not "seen" -_-
But anyways, I'll be looking forward to further discussions to help the other Pit players out.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Im bad at socializing a bit and am better at math than English, but anyways, we may have to have discussions in the Pit chatroom sometime to hopefully hasten (Speeding up) our discussions, and I would probably start on Pit-to-Pit matches since many other Pits I faced recently are having a bit of problems fighting another Pit, but Idk when I'm going to make that Pitto (Pit Ditto) summary.

Top Bottom