• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pound 5 Info Dump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scidadle

Smash Champion
I think the TOs should really do something about it. R3 doesnt start till tomorrow. Harriet should get his rightful spot

Jem.

Smash Master
It sucks that happened, but really, he should have lost anyways. you'd hope for this scenario not to come up, but you dont want your deciding factor of making it to the next pool because cause a guy SD'd when you were for sure dead.

If it were me, I'd still say the game screen decides who wins, so I'm not on anyones side. Just think it's kind of like, WELL, you should have lost anyways. but still lame.

Jem.

Smash Master
Its the same thing as throwing a match so someone can have the spot. Kinda like what m2k did to get banned at MLG.
For some reason I'm failing to imagine him sandbagging game 3 if he doesn't know the guy. MLG was completely different lol.

And yes, I meant, it sucks for Harriet, but when you think about it he should have lost anyways. The scenario sucks though. I'd say tough luck and let the game screen decide. But still if you wanna be good you gotta avoid your fate resting on something silly like that.

Toobz

Smash Journeyman
It isn't. Yay did win. It was counted incorrectly. Absolute bull****, completely unprofessional.
Agreed. They should definitely fix this. I don't care how much *****ing and moaning that other guy does, he doesn't deserve that spot.

Scidadle

Smash Champion
Lol Jem. You wouldnt be saying "I just got gayed out of my pool spot at pound 5. My fault, I should have been better then colbol."

bryu_1337

Smash Journeyman
the mlg incident was completely different. m2k was trying to split winnings with adhd, not trying to whine his was into getting third in his pool. if doll was dying off the top when yay killed himself, doll should be a man and admit that he lost.

Harriet is being really nice in not complaining about what happened.

Jem.

Smash Master
What I meant was, if he waits 3 seconds, he wins. it wasn't like there was any way he could have killed him. I'm saying if you wanna be good, it is upsetting for something like this to happen, but you don't want to have to rely upon a guy SDing as he was about to win to be the deciding factor of you getting to your next pool

silent wolf and vish are beasts wooo go WA

Scidadle

Smash Champion
Harriet got knocked out of pools cause he got outplayed by a match he wasnt apart of.

.......yep

Harriet shouldnt have to rely on yayz being stupid and SDing jeopardizing his tournament placing. It should be a given.

Jem.

Smash Master
Am I confused, or is that other guy? I thought the guy who died off the ceiling is the one being accused of being jipped, because doll SD'd right before he won, ended up losing, and he still got the win for it.

Either way, WA fanboys ASSEMBLE! I hope otto takes some faces at this.

Scidadle

Smash Champion
No.

Harriet had already had his spot in pools. yayz vs doll was a within his pool. A set that had already been completed. But that is how the end to the last match in the set went. Yayz killed doll off the top and as he was dying yayz ran off and they counted the match to yayz. Doll was one match off of being the 3rd seed which is what harriet had already rightfully earned. So doll complained and they switched it so harriet got gayed out of his rightful spot.

Hope that clears things up

If it were harriet who thought it would be funny to kill himself then I would agree with you Jem

bryu_1337

Smash Journeyman
no, harriet the guy got ripped off because when doll was dying off the ceiling, yay killed himself. that match was originally recorded as a win for yay, but doll complained, so he got the win and knocked harriet out of 3rd place.

also, good **** reneblade

Radical Dreamer

Smash Ace
Honestly no contesting is ******** and shouldn't really be allowed anyway. You hang in there until it says game because anything could happen. Winner is determined by win screen.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Yo that's so ****ed up, Harriet got knocked out because of another player *****ed about losing? I'm sorry Harriet; you need to talk to host about some sort of compensation. I hate when a fellow floridian smasher gets gayed like this. I'm glad I murked Doll at Tipped off 6.

Hayama

Smash Cadet
how do you even try to claim a victory as you fly off the top.... dude should be embarrassed

Mizar

Smash Ace
Honestly no contesting is ******** and shouldn't really be allowed anyway. You hang in there until it says game because anything could happen. Winner is determined by win screen.
If both players aren't a complete **** they should be able to agree on who won the game.

Edit* And what Hayama said.

stelzig

Smash Lord
It sucks that happened, but really, he should have lost anyways. you'd hope for this scenario not to come up, but you dont want your deciding factor of making it to the next pool because cause a guy SD'd when you were for sure dead.

If it were me, I'd still say the game screen decides who wins, so I'm not on anyones side. Just think it's kind of like, WELL, you should have lost anyways. but still lame.
Eh maybe if he claimed the win right after the match, but doing it hours after the pool has finished because you realise it'll make you advance to the next round... Is really a ***** move lol. And even if he did it right away i'd really say... He lost. >_>

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Something similar happened in a swedish tournament.
Android vs Vilness (iirc) on Rainbow Ride (/Cruise in NTSC), last match, last stock.
Android was up there becoming a star. Vilness started taunting. On a platform that went down and killed him first. Android won the set. This became the "Vilness cancel".

SaiX

Smash Apprentice
hey guys, i have a compilation of round 2

round 2

(hdl eliminated)

-1ºredd, 2ºkels, 3ºvish
-1º hax 2º vectorman (yoshi) 3º azen
-1º dahean 2º nando 3º yeah! 4º mogwai
-1º Weon-X,2º Eggm, 3º doh (this is round 1 or 2?)
-1st dr. Pp 2nd teczero 3rd tafokints
-1º amsah 2º rockcrock 3º dart
-1º zhu 2º tope 3º sman 4º vro
-1º axe 2º lovage
-1st: Shroomed 2nd: Colbol 3rd: doll
-1º smoke2jointz 2º chillin
-1º kirbykaze 2º fullmetal

let's complete this

if you have more information, post it, and if there are any false information too

Pontus

Smash Apprentice
Dont get why some are surprised shroomed beat colbol, shroomed is a beast and colbol is always overrated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom