• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Just beware the bloody underwear if you eat chipotle

also I have no idea who hunterclass is so I can't watch videos of him D:

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Oh yeah....wanted to bring this up earlier [though it'll easily get lost in the pools hype, but I'll forget to post it later if I don't now XD]

Can we please NOT let *insert pro who wants to just "be done with it" so he can go smoke/eat/chill* just run through all their matches in pools? [or simply: don't let people play consecutive pool matches until it's unavoidable...even if they're salty]

Two big reasons [though one may not be as relevant given the number of setups per pool]

- at least one person gets the benefit of seeing EVERYONE'S playstyle in a variety of situations before having to play any/most of them.
- it promotes opportunities for rigging pools results because at least one or two people can get a feel for what the final records for certain players will be before theirs are close to that point, and then they can coax/bribe someone else into throwing a match for them

there are other reasons but those two are pretty bothersome ones

not to mention the fact that it's always the more seasoned tourney goers who even have the Smash-social confidence to just say "alright I'll stay and play the next person"...as opposed to new kids who will probably just stay quiet until someone tells them it's their turn to play....which results in those people sitting around and watching, and getting discouraged even after seeing just ONE person just dominate everyone else [if that's the case].

Banks

Smash Hero
i actually couldnt find videos of anyone aside from boss who i already know

if Woj stands for Wingzofjustice then i found him
raidoh i can't seem to find, and Oats looks to be mostly a brawl player?

oh well, i have done some laps around my pool using the youtube stroke. I hope plank doesn't drain and change my water before i've had a chance to pee in it!!!

Banks

Smash Hero
if each pool has more than one tv, that problem can be avoided since no one can hog two tv's at once.

....or can they

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
1. strawhat dahean
1. V3ctorMan
1. Hunterclass
1. Chred2akrisp
1. Dark Hart

so apparently strawhat dahean is one of the best players in europe. He and vectorman are in my pool.

why does no one tell me these things....

SuperRad

Smash Master
It's slower to let one person run through the pool anyways. I've only 'allowed' it if the person is playing both Melee and Brawl and needs to do matches for both.
-
Plank:
If one person in the pool doesn't show up [more specifically, lets you know before hand], will the pool be redone or will you let it 'work itself out' in Round 2?

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
1. strawhat dahean
1. V3ctorMan
1. Hunterclass
1. Chred2akrisp
1. Dark Hart

so apparently strawhat dahean is one of the best players in europe. He and vectorman are in my pool.

why does no one tell me these things....
Because you're ChRed2AKrisp... **** him and send him packing. That's what I'd do :)

Banks

Smash Hero
well if you think about it, each pool has a certain number of matches to go thru regardless of order. Technically one person doing all of theirs eliminates 50% of chair switching time. However, it does have negative aspects such as the ones toasty pointed out.

*adjusts monocle*

HomeMadeWaffles

Smash Lord
man these are various funny names i heard. Ima enter with in tournament some day, with the words fly fresh and swag

-Swag Pitt
-Allen Flyverson
-Flyclops
-Swagneto
-Stond Cold Steve Awesome
-Swagston Kutcher
-Jody Swagstone
-Reverend Freshy Jackson
-Andre Swagassi
-Macho Man Randy Swagage
-Amare Studoflyer
-Kobe Flyant
-Derek Skeeter

idk why i posted this LOL

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
So I've got Lovage and DJ Nintendo...sounds pretty good. Hopefully someone records our pool...that would be solid (Lovage get at!)

I hope everybody's checked my 2 year old videos giving themselves a false sense of security haha.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Sinensis is a player from the rugged mountains of Tennessee who trains under a waterfall every morning, naked wrestles bears every afternoon, and sleeps outside on top of his steadily growing pile of bearskin rugs every night.

Edit: Oh and if he doesn't shave for a day the resulting facial hair can cut diamonds.
lmfaaaao
He plays Sheik wtf
and Peach..get your **** straight =D
-Swagneto
-Reverend Freshy Jackson
-Andre Swagassi
LOL!!! Laughed pretty loudly at these.

Yeah having people run through a pool is definitely quicker from my experiences, but still, not legit.

Should just make it a rule that no player can play consecutive pool matches until it's unavoidable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom