• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*POUND* 4 Brawl Results (Full results and brackets in OP)

TP

Smash Master
Yeah, pretty much the Diddy tier list I think is:

1. ADHD
2. Gnes
3. Dekar
4. Alphazealot
4. Ninjalink
4. Felix
7. Fliphop
8. Player-1
9. Dao
10. The rest.
The rest is a one hit kill that Jiggs can combo into really easily, so I'd say put it 3rd or 4th.

D0N

Smash Ace
other than that the tournament was good and also special shout to:

TEXAS SILVEN
The LEAST you could have done was learn my tag. Its not like its complex to remember.

You seem like a cool guy and all; I know you were just having fun and this was the place to do that so I didn't take anything to heart... but **** bro, be a little more respectful next time around. Talk to a guy if your gonna put him on camera and give him a nickname/shoutout like that. Or play him in some friendlies or something.

bobson

Smash Lord
I love coming into a results thread after a big tournament and watching all the drama.

Do other competitive communities do this or are we just a bunch of ****ing children?

Final Fantasy XIV

Banned via Warnings
Poyo, I find it funny how you're accusing others of stealing, and taking theft lightly when you meatride Sin, someone who's been caught stealing and not paying up multiple times.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Also, X is the best sonic for now (tourney placings,) but honestly just like you said, Sonics have all kinds of different styles and what he did lost to me, but another sonic beat me cause he took me to Yoshi's and that **** was hilarious lmao
Awww~ we love you too Dekar.
Yeah, X has been beasting tournaments recently. Too good.

I am summoning a sonic main.
lol.

King~

Smash Champion
this was fun, would have been perfect if i didnt get sick on the way back(i blame m2k).

anyway fun times seein people again, i doubt many remeber me or ratherthey wont be able to put a face to my tag. so ill just say this was awesome and seeing and talking to the people i know was mad fun.

i was with judge alot if that helps lol

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
Lol it was awesome finally meeting you King Yoshi. Kind of sad that I didn't meet you until Pound though since we're both MW. xD I guess I need to travel more.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
DAZWA'S BRAWL-RELATED SHOUTOUTS!

ADHD - I remember walking in the hotel hallway with you, towards the shuttles, and I asked "are you going to win this?," to which you replied "...maybe." I always think anything other than "of course!" is a bad attitude to have, but meeting it partway seemed to be enough for you to win anyways! Too good!

Ally - When you turned your head and told me "...I just lost to Bowser...," you looked so depressed, it was pretty funny. Then you beasted on him with Frigate/Snake, and Frigate was all "dude that's not cool" and killed you. Funny stuff, grats on 3rd and winnings dubs.

AlphaZealot - YOU PROMISED. MAKE THE MK BAN THREAD NOW. :chuckle:

Atomsk - That hug/tackle/walk-away-casually the first night at the hotel, after Plank had made that "don't mess with the hotel" announcement, was basically proof to me that I was in for one hell of a weekend, and I definitely got it. Nice work in doubles, but LeeMartin totally cheats in doubles so it doesn't count.

Bizkit - We barely talked at all this weekend, weird :(

Bloodcross - I hope drunk Daz didn't bother you in your sleep that night, but more importantly...

THAT'S A COOL FROG TELLING YOU TO CHEER UP YO

Candy - STILL NO BREAKFAST :mad:

ChuDat - Your set vs DEHF was both silly and entertaining.

Coney & Sassy - I was really glad to hear you two thought of Dustin and I like that, and definitely glad to see you're both still playing, and beasting! Keep it up!

Diem - OPTIC BLAST!

Doom - I shed many tears upon learning your predicament regarding being able to attend tournaments, especially after hanging out with you this weekend. Say it ain't so ;_;

Fatal - Fun times in the hotel. You and Koolaid were beast in teams everytime I watched.

Fatal's Socks - It was fun talking to you Sunday night, but why haven't you returned my texts? I see how it is.

Fats & Koolaid - I hope you guys enjoyed drunk Daz, and I hope you survive your punching :(

Koolaid - I hope you guys survive your punching :(

Lain - I think you entered our room about 4 times Saturday night. It was pretty funny.

LeeMartin - Stop beating New England in stuff :(

Lobos - Has not beaten Wind Waker!

Mew2King - Never got to see you play Brawl this weekend.

Nacho/Zao - The Chipotle curse continues...

Seibrik - Free hugs! 2 dollars! *jumps back 50 feet*

Shadow - "I don't know where Snakeee is. Once we walk into a tournament, he disappears, and it's like we're not friends anymore :(" too funny.

Snack Attack - You and PC Chris were in the same room...and the world didn't explode. I think of it, a miracle.

Starlight - SHUT UP IZIZ

Vex - BOWSER HOLY ****

Xzax - Stop getting tall, you scare me :(

Y.b.M - WHERE'S DAT ZERO SUIT YO? Forgot to get a picture, and an autograph, maybe next time.

If I missed anyone - Yell at me, I'll fix it.

B+ shoutouts soon, Melee after that.

King~

Smash Champion
Lol it was awesome finally meeting you King Yoshi. Kind of sad that I didn't meet you until Pound though since we're both MW. xD I guess I need to travel more.
i kno, im trying to tell everyone here your awesome, but they dont beleive me and say its a trap lolz

seriously though fun meeting you, monday night was too funny

holypho

Smash Apprentice
adhd played very solid against m2k, i think he deserved it and brawl needs a new hero, batman had his run, so did double 007

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I thought that was Admiral Ackbar...

but K.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4KlAJZeTSsk&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4KlAJZeTSsk&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
it was bio.
but let him bask in his false glory... for now.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
I really think the way Brawl is played in MD/VA is much more interesting than other regions. We hardly have any metaknights that place well besides Omni, Kornn, and Sanoscy. If you all think Metaknight is bad now, you should see Boss/Neo use Metaknight. Or if ChuDat learned metaknight. Boss and Neo choose to stick to the character they love instead of using the best characters and trying to out smart people. Boss and Neo and Chu, you guys have my utmost respect for the job you do not using Metaknight. You guys are brilliant players. When I start running brawl tournies again in MD/VA, you're going to see some DRASTIC rule alterations to improve the fun of brawl tournaments.
We need more TOs like this! I don't know you tant but keep up the good work =]

complexity1234

Smash Apprentice
We need more TOs like this! I don't know you tant but keep up the good work =]
uh, hes a hypocrite. He congratulates boss for sticking to mario/luigi, but he's going to allow Dedede's to infinite him to hell.

Allowing D3's to infinite those characters is only gonna create more MK's, fyi.
D3 already has a slight advantage vs those characters, he doesn't need it to be 100-0 matchups.
Its stupid.

Assuming your a luigi player, it would screw you over too.

No, its not comparable to IC's (not comparing how easy the infinites are)
Gotta add this in because someone's gonna mention it.
Ic's infinites are situational. They can be separated, they have horrible grab range, only works if nana is around, etc etc.
Those other infinites are unstoppable, no chance of winning. And no way to disable the infinite.
Why take out perfectly useable characters in the game.
Not fair to people like cable and will who can beast it out with DK, or like boss who mains mario and luigi, both infinited by D3,Vex's bowser,etc

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
uh, hes a hypocrite. He congratulates boss for sticking to mario/luigi, but he's going to allow Dedede's to infinite him to hell.

Allowing D3's to infinite those characters is only gonna create more MK's, fyi.
D3 already has a slight advantage vs those characters, he doesn't need it to be 100-0 matchups.
Its stupid.

Assuming your a luigi player, it would screw you over too.

No, its not comparable to IC's (not comparing how easy the infinites are)
Gotta add this in because someone's gonna mention it.
You're the hypocrite

the skill required to do an infinite doesn't matter, infinite is an infinite. No matter what. It shouldn't matter what the skill required is.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
D3's infinite is irrelevant to Mario and Luigi, they just need to mash out because DDD's pummel is so slow.

Do it till about 130 I think it was, already killing percent.

Regardless, bad MUs exist, we're not banning MK's tornado because it creates bad MUs, right? I think he's congratulating them for sticking in spite of their bad MUs, and how is that hypocrisy?

"You guys are cool because you're persistent in spite of your characters' problems" =/= "I'm gonna make it easier for your characters to win so you don't have to be so persistent"

Overswarm

is laughing at you
D3's infinite is irrelevant to Mario and Luigi, they just need to mash out because DDD's pummel is so slow.

Do it till about 130 I think it was, already killing percent.
You can CG them to the edge and, if they are hanging off, can be infinited there.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
the skill required to do an infinite doesn't matter, infinite is an infinite. No matter what. It shouldn't matter what the skill required is.
Says you.

More skill required = a realistic possibility of human error coming into play. DDD's easy multiple matchup-breaking infinites should remain banned. Skill requirement and difficulty to perform do matter in this case, stop spewing bull****.

Some of you people settle for the most asinine ideas sometimes.

etecoon

Smash Hero
banning the D3/Marth infinites is pointless, none of the characters that get victimized by it are winning **** anyway, if you didn't want that to happen to you you'd play a viable character.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
banning the D3/Marth infinites is pointless, none of the characters that get victimized by it are winning **** anyway, if you didn't want that to happen to you you'd play a viable character.
Gtfo with that nonsense. Boss' accomplishments say otherwise.

I like how some of you choose to have this kind of mindset. It's like you're already content with and prepared to have a stale metagame. Don't upsets teach you people anything? You can't solidly predict **** regarding characters in this game or its predecessor, especially with all the gimmicky matchup-skewing **** that has already been found in this particular game. Who knows what else we may be able to discover? I say hold your tongue on that one, pal.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
You can CG them to the edge and, if they are hanging off, can be infinited there.
Requires proper spacing on the initial grab, if you don't grab in the right place, no 0-death for you.

Says you.

More skill required = a realistic possibility of human error coming into play. DDD's easy multiple matchup-breaking infinites should remain banned. Skill requirement and difficulty to perform do matter in this case, stop spewing bull****.

Some of you people settle for the most asinine ideas sometimes.
IC tech skill requirements is laughable compared to melee tech skill requirements in general, and people still perform it consistently.

At the top or even reasonably high levels of the metagame, people shouldn't be dropping grabs period, and as the game matures more, you'll see very few IC players dropping grabs any more. At that point, difficulty level becomes irrelevant.

What matters is overcentralization, and they just had a bad MU against DDD, happens all the time.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Surgical changes are always bad.

Global changes are good.

If you believe a character's infinite is bad, your only option is to ban that character unless you ban the infinite BEFORE it is discovered... and that is still bad.

Small, surgical changes actually change how the game is played and are always beneficial to one party and bad for another. If you make one small surgical change, you need to make dozens. If D3 can't infinite Mario, Falco can't CG Wolf. If Falco can't CG wolf, Pika can't CG Fox and ZSS can't infinite ROB. If none of these can happen, ICs can't infinite anyone else (and don't give me that "they can be separated" crap, that's no different than me telling you "don't get grabbed"; truth of the matter is, ICs get grabs and get infinites and that's why they're played).

When you finally get out of the infinites, you're still gonna get one-sided matchups. Falco shouldn't be allowed to laser, jab, and over-b D3 to death since D3 can't catch up with a Falco that does this. Olimar should be allowed back to the stage.

By the time you get done, you realize you're just trying to make something like Brawl+.

Global changes, like banning a character, don't change the situations you are in. They change the frequency of encountering them. If MK was banned, we'd see more D3 and if we saw more D3 we might see less Snake. This changes nothing in the current metagame, just merely the frequency in which we see things. D3 already beats Snake, it's just that multiple MKs make D3 a poor choice as a main. Surgical changes like banning D3's infinite actually change a matchup that has already been determined.

The solution literally is: Play to Win. Don't pick ****ty characters and expect rules to be made to help you. If your character has a hard counter, you need a secondary. No one mains captain falcon and complains about getting owned, why would a mario player complain about the same thing?

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
IC tech skill requirements is laughable compared to melee tech skill requirements in general, and people still perform it consistently.
When did Melee ever come into the conversation? The only comparison being made here is between two characters' grabs in one specific title. With that being said, while ICs grabs aren't too difficult...they still require consistency, different timings according to weight, and nana's presence. Can the same be said about DDD's grab and it's huuuuuge range? Exactly.

At the top or even reasonably high levels of the metagame, people shouldn't be dropping grabs period, and as the game matures more, you'll see very few IC players dropping grabs any more. At that point, difficulty level becomes irrelevant.
Those are just assumptions and hearsay. Difficulty is still relevent! Lain still drops grabs as frequently as any ICs player I've seen, 'nuff said. You can try to attribute it to his lack of practice or something (which you have no solid proof or knowledge of anyway), my point stands.

What matters is overcentralization, and they just had a bad MU against DDD, happens all the time.
Sure...let's play out a scenario where the DK, Mario, and Luigi players switch to MK because of a silly matchup-breaking gimmick. That's exactly what we need right now. All three characters show potential for widespread viability otherwise, such has already been demonstrated by Boss, Cable, etc.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
Surgical changes are always bad.

Global changes are good.

If you believe a character's infinite is bad, your only option is to ban that character unless you ban the infinite BEFORE it is discovered... and that is still bad.

Small, surgical changes actually change how the game is played and are always beneficial to one party and bad for another. If you make one small surgical change, you need to make dozens. If D3 can't infinite Mario, Falco can't CG Wolf. If Falco can't CG wolf, Pika can't CG Fox and ZSS can't infinite ROB. If none of these can happen, ICs can't infinite anyone else (and don't give me that "they can be separated" crap, that's no different than me telling you "don't get grabbed"; truth of the matter is, ICs get grabs and get infinites and that's why they're played).

When you finally get out of the infinites, you're still gonna get one-sided matchups. Falco shouldn't be allowed to laser, jab, and over-b D3 to death since D3 can't catch up with a Falco that does this. Olimar should be allowed back to the stage.

By the time you get done, you realize you're just trying to make something like Brawl+.

Global changes, like banning a character, don't change the situations you are in. They change the frequency of encountering them. If MK was banned, we'd see more D3 and if we saw more D3 we might see less Snake. This changes nothing in the current metagame, just merely the frequency in which we see things. D3 already beats Snake, it's just that multiple MKs make D3 a poor choice as a main. Surgical changes like banning D3's infinite actually change a matchup that has already been determined.

The solution literally is: Play to Win. Don't pick ****ty characters and expect rules to be made to help you. If your character has a hard counter, you need a secondary. No one mains captain falcon and complains about getting owned, why would a mario player complain about the same thing?
good man^^

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
to dekar:

whether you were trying to 'mindgame' me or just stating your opinion (w/e), i accept your apology. however..

a. there isn't any bad blood between me and mike on the boards, and even if there was, it has nothing to do with you

and b. i was informed you talked a lot of mess on the stream after you win, which was unnecessary. you seemed to forget how close the last match was even after that first stock. ggs, grats on your victory.

until the next time we play

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Here's some silly food for thought.

Items are banned.

Peach pulls out items (turnips). Diddy pulls out bananas (which are actual items). Snakes pulls out grenades. Link pulls out bombs. Both are items.

If all items are banned, these items should be banned too.

Top Bottom