• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pound 4 Beast Coast Melee Crew Battle Discussion

Cia

das kwl
While trying to decide who should be in the crew battle, we should nominate a captain. Someone we trust to make the final decision of who'll represent east coast this year. Thoughts?

Hax

Smash Champion
i think an EC dream [8v8] crew would be:

PC Chris
JMan
Hax
Darc
Tope
Chu
Azen
Cactuar

the last 2 i'm assuming aren't going :( if they were to come, that would be a stacked ****ing crew

who is M2K playing for at this point?

wtf @ jesus possibly not coming?

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
i think an EC dream [8v8] crew would be:

PC Chris
JMan
Hax
Darc
Tope
Chu
Azen
Cactuar

the last 2 i'm assuming aren't going :( if they were to come, that would be a stacked ****ing crew

who is M2K playing for at this point?

wtf @ jesus possibly not coming?
He wants to play for EC but if he can't he's not entering crews. So either we get him or we don't have to worry about him.

edit: and I don't see why azen wouldn't go, he still plays melee he's just mad rusty and I don't know if he would enter crews. Cactus isn't entering crews which sucks. I agree wit your list more than anyone elses.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
last I remember Azen lost to Scar at some MD/VA tourney and got like 571893243798th, so no offense to how awesome he used to be, but I don't think he's EC crew material unless he plays for like 2 weeks before Pound, since if he did that he'd win.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
last I remember Azen lost to Scar at some MD/VA tourney and got like 571893243798th, so no offense to how awesome he used to be, but I don't think he's EC crew material unless he plays for like 2 weeks before Pound, since if he did that he'd win.
I was thinking that too. He's TOO rusty.

xyt

Smash Lord
ok, so this is my final answer:

M2K
PC
JMan
Hax$
Darc
Tope
Chu Dat
Eggm
HBK
Tec0

... though I'm still like 50/50 on Tec0 vs. Vanz for that last spot.
yes agreed. switch out M2K for Vanz if M2K isn't allowed to play for EC for some reason.

Captain discussions people??

Cia

das kwl
It's pretty likely that M2K will play for Midwest. They need him even more than we do and he probably wants to be on the same teams as Vidjo? Idk, i'll try to get him on AIM.

But yeah, Ideas for a Captain?

Cia

das kwl
my understanding is that M2K doesn't wanna play for MW and will not enter crews if it's not with EC :laugh:

does the captain have to be someone who's on the crew? I'm not sure how strategically minded any of those people are :laugh:
oovideogamegodoo (5:44:25 PM): if i play for MW, itd only be brawl
oovideogamegodoo (5:44:30 PM): id rather play for EC melee tho
oovideogamegodoo (5:44:34 PM): if i had to pick one

i kind of agree. And i'd really like someone who's proven themselves a to be a good captain in the past. But if not, I'd like to throw my name in the ring. My only real experience as a crew captain has been through draft crews and misc. crew battles. but my track record is amazing.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
i kind of agree. And i'd really like someone who's proven themselves a to be a good captain in the past. But if not, I'd like to throw my name in the ring. My only real experience as a crew captain has been through draft crews and misc. crew battles. but my track record is amazing.
i dunno, I've had pretty major qualms with Crew decisions in pretty much every crew battle since (and including) Pound 3 (before that I didn't really pay enough attention). There really aren't enough crew battles for there to be established good captains.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
yea scar kinda poo pood on azen, chillin hasnt been playing much either, but they do have many years of experience. maybe if they practiced a considerable amount beforehand they could be considered.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
dude Azen just played like poo vs you Eggm, he missed several opportunities to win within the set just because he was rusty. You played average and beat him.

Scar just took a nasty dump on him.

Cia

das kwl
Why's everyone only remember scar beating azen that day? :(
lol *speaking for myself* because Scar's win was, for some reason, harder to accept.When someone said "oh yeah, Eggm beat Azen." I was like "yeah, Eggm's so gay against Marth."

:laugh:

And I guess I'll take the EC crew battle captain else where since only 3 people commented on the matter =/

pockyD

Smash Legend
scar would almost certainly be top 10 WC

his presence in the crew battle would only be hindered if whoever was captaining thinks that...
1) having multiple falcons is a hindrance
2) having SS is better than having Scar.

That's not going to happen so if scar wants a WC spot i'm 90% sure he'll get one

mogwai is by far one of the smartest EC smashers (esp out of everyone who has posted interest regarding the crew battle thus far)... so he should be in consideration for captain, barring some random old guard returning (wife, whatever)

LAX_

Smash Apprentice
wait why is scar playing for WC?

EDIT: I like Mogwai's team
though obviously my opinion doesn't make a difference

Cia

das kwl
Is anyone (in the crew battle) truly bad against Jigglypuff? I'm looking at the list, no one should even have Jigglypuff issues except MAYBE Chu. But he's amazing and can usually work around that. Obviously a good puff is going to be a problem. But the same can be said for any good character.

I think we're fine against Puff. I'm more worried about how EC generally handles Falco.

Vist

Smash Champion
Is anyone (in the crew battle) truly bad against Jigglypuff? I'm looking at the list, no one should even have Jigglypuff issues except MAYBE Chu. But he's amazing and can usually work around that. Obviously a good puff is going to be a problem. But the same can be said for any good character.

I think we're fine against Puff. I'm more worried about how EC generally handles Falco.
well said. I would agree falco is prolly a bigger problem

one thing tho - IMO chu would definitely not be the most likely to have issues with jiggs. I'm pretty sure he went to last stock, game 3 etc vs mango's puff at RoM1 and same vs hungrybox at Herb2. As far as I know, I haven't heard of any other player on the e.c crew to have done any better vs either puff (cept for m2k vs hbox?)

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Ok, i really think I should be considered for a spot, and rather than just whining i'll present my logic:

1. I am a ****ing rapist in crew battles and ALWAYS have been, not having me is just ********. I play the gayest ever and every stock like it's the last because I don't want to lose any since it's a crew battle.
ex:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH0iLZLKZLw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHY7zC1whwY

2. I have been placing extremely well in tournies (save the last saffron, i had sick johns T_T), consistently getting top 3 in MD/VA for the past few months. I have been practicing nonstop to get all the rust off, and it's finally off and i'm improving tons still.

3. We need a really good sheik MAIN, especially with the best players right now being characters sheik is GREAT against (Armada, Mango, M2ks marth/sheik, ANY falcon). I am a falcon RAPIST and same with Marth and Peach, I never lose to any of those characters anymore.

4. Just because i'm from MD/VA I feel like I get no recognition. I go even with Eggm in a really hard matchup just cuz I am really good at it when I am on.

I kinda forgot about Tope, but IDK why you guys mention him cuz I'm kinda just a better version of him anyway. I've beat him in tourney/MMs the last like 5 times.... he's still def good though.

Since Melee crews aren't until Monday though I say we decide on Monday.... see how people are playing during tourney and help decide off of that. I really think people not including me is a hugeeeeeeeeee mistake though.

xyt

Smash Lord
2. I have been placing extremely well in tournies (save the last saffron, i had sick johns T_T), consistently getting top 3 in MD/VA for the past few months. I have been practicing nonstop to get all the rust off, and it's finally off and i'm improving tons still.

3. We need a really good sheik MAIN, especially with the best players right now being characters sheik is GREAT against (Armada, Mango, M2ks marth/sheik, ANY falcon). I am a falcon RAPIST and same with Marth and Peach, I never lose to any of those characters anymore.

4. Just because i'm from MD/VA I feel like I get no recognition. I go even with Eggm in a really hard matchup just cuz I am really good at it when I am on.

I kinda forgot about Tope, but IDK why you guys mention him cuz I'm kinda just a better version of him anyway. I've beat him in tourney/MMs the last like 5 times.... he's still def good though.
2. i don't think placing well at md/va tournies would be very impressive to other east coasters for the very reason that people deny you recognition for being from md/va in the first place

3. you are exceptional vs. falcons. i think at least...

4. tope is the best known sheik in the world vs. foxes. going even against eggm (no offense to eggm) isn't as impressive as going even against jman or cactuar (like tope did at the recent spoc).

***i don't think you winning the head to head vs. tope is very useful for your argument (in power rankings it may be more relevant perhaps). In addition I'm pretty sure most people believe tope to be better than you (i could be wrong about this though...)

***so far your strongest merits seem to be your matchups vs. characters that are lower on the tier list than the top tiers (which i believe is a necessary skill in crews). However, as other people have pointed out before there are other people for those match-ups as well. it's not really about whether or not you're good vs. 'lower' characters it's about whether or not you're good vs. 'lower' characters more so than the other people in the crew.

p.s. i still think you're amazing plank <3 :p

Top Bottom