• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pound 4 Beast Coast Melee Crew Battle Discussion

Hax

Smash Champion
so pretty much our team sucks d*ck in comparison to recent crew battles, but i know if we all beast and make smart decisions we can retain our crown vs WC and South alike. i'm not deeming myself captain or anything; this is merely to organize who's playing in the crew battle.

Jman
Hax
Darc
Tope
Eggm
Chu

^these are definite 6; i know us 6 are gonna do some damage to whoever we play. the last 4 spots are up for grabs, any thoughts?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I was gonna recommend Tope but he's already on there.

I guess I'll just throw a bunch of potential names out there:

Tec0
Swiftbass
HBK
Vanz
Plank
G-Reg
G$
R3N0
Tag$

Also, obviously Port Chester Christopher and Mewtwo King if they go and represent EC, but I'm uncertain of whether they're going and repping EC.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
oh yea tec0 and HBK are also good

i dont see how M2K wouldnt be on the EC team, considering that's where he has dominated for years. hes been to college for 1 semester in midwest and i doubt goes to many, if any, melee tournaments in that area. but i could be wrong

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Tec would be a **** choice, just keep the alcohol out of his hand until he's taken 8 stocks.

Azen, Vanz, Hazzard or chinesah gets my vote for the other slot.

Hax

Smash Champion
hell yes @ azen if he's going. hbk is another good choice; we need at least 1 marth. i'm thinking vanz would be another good choice; he's really proven himself recently and plays a bunch of characters we're deprived of.

idk what the situation with scar/m2k/pc is but either of them should def. play for us if they come.

Cia

das kwl
<3 the people that gave me noms.

Jman
Hax
Darc
Tope
Eggm
Chu
Teczero
HBK
P.c. Chris - Alternate
Cactuar -Alternate

That's my list. I believe Plairnkk said that crews would be 8v8

P.c. and Cactus are arguably the strongest in our region. the problem is that we don't know just how strong they will be by pound because of their retirement. By having them as alts, we have two of our most experienced heavy hitters should we need them.

I would like to be an advisor to whoever becomes captain. I think I'm a pretty good strategist and have a good sense of everyone's skill.

Hax

Smash Champion
well cactuar "quit" and i'm 99% sure PC isn't coming, but if crews are 8v8 then that's ****ing ****.. we got this

DJRome

Smash Hero
tec0 almost beat pp in pools as i watched just a thought. . . like down to last stock high percent

rhan

Smash Hero
Jman
Hax
Darc
Tope
Eggm
Chu
_
HBK
Tec0
DJ Nin.
Swift

In my opinion those are the 4 others that I think should be in the crew battle. STAAAACKED!

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
If it's 8 with 2 alternates, my list is:

PC Chris
JMan
Eggm
Hax
Darc
Tope
Chu
HBK
Alt - Tec0
Alt - Swift

I think I remember Cactuar saying he wasn't doing crews at Pound 4, that's why he's not on my list. If he is though, he bumps swift off alts and puts HBK or Tope into Alt position 2 with Cactuar starting. I personally like Tope as an alt in that scenario though, cause all regions are huge on spacies which means that a marf is typically more valuable than a sheik, but it's nice having tope to come off the bench to *** **** Axe's stocks for playing Pikachu, LOLOLOLOL.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
yea but tope is the best sheik vs fox player in the country, he's basically an autowin for anyone that isnt falco/jiggs

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I know he's the best sheik vs. fox, but I dunno, I still think that HBK's Fox game is probably better and HBK's Jiggs game is very very good (he routinely beats Darc's Jiggs iirc) which is becoming a more and more relevant skill. I dunno, either way, they should both be on the team. Is there any real difference between starters and alts? It's always seemed like a silly distinction to me since you seem to be able to use both alts whenever.

nyc_tag$

Smash Journeyman
HBK got taken out of tournament by Darc in winners and losers on saturday iirc. He would **** any fox/falco though. Is he repping EC though? I'm pretty sure he said he was gonna rep WC with Scar.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
DJ doesn't play good enough characters well enough for a crew this stacked.

There, I said it.

Low tiers are a liability in crews. Don't believe me? Rewatch what happened to Axe at Genesis in EC vs. WC. Also watch how many stocks we took using DJN and Pakman.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I like the idea of making our stronger players as ALTS so we can swap them out for whomever our weakest player happens to be against whatever crew we are up against.

I like Hax's 6. I don't think Cactuar plans to enter crews, but that isn't set in stone. He may want to advise however.

I like having HBK on the squad. Tec0 is also like really good. Especially against Scar. :-p

Swift, Scar(if he is repping EC), M2K(same deal), Hazz, Plank, and Greg should also be considered.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
so pretty much our team sucks d*ck in comparison to recent crew battles, but i know if we all beast and make smart decisions we can retain our crown vs WC and South alike. i'm not deeming myself captain or anything; this is merely to organize who's playing in the crew battle.

Jman
Hax
Darc
Tope
Eggm
Chu

^these are definite 6; i know us 6 are gonna do some damage to whoever we play. the last 4 spots are up for grabs, any thoughts?
I think this, add Vanz and HBK as starters and we're in good shape.

I dunno bout the alternates I haven't really thought of it. Though I'm glad people nominated me to be in the alternates <3 ;).

Though I think there are LOTS of possible good alternates.

Like....:

DJN
Pakman
Lampchops
Me :)
Hazz
Swiftbass
Plank
Scar(I think he said he wanted to play for EC?)
probably some others too

nyc_tag$

Smash Journeyman
Chops is playing for south as far as I know.

Also, Jman isn't going unless he gets a ride and someone registers him (teams only).

Top Bottom