• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cochiseSMASH

Smash Apprentice
Wolf was definitely a wtf character

dont remember if he was the last unlockable character in brawl or not, I think he was
Was Wolf the last in Brawl? For some reason thought it was R.O.B. but my memory is hazy since I haven't unlocked those characters since the game first came out.

Wobz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
WobzGames
Was Wolf the last in Brawl? For some reason thought it was R.O.B. but my memory is hazy since I haven't unlocked those characters since the game first came out.
Wolf, Toon Link and Jiggs were the last unlockables. They were unlocked by finding hidden doors throughout Subspace

FalconBrofist

Smash Cadet
yeah he needed the most vs mode matches played to unlock him, but to unlock rob in brawl you needed 250+ trophies, so it could have gone either way if you didnt play vs mode

Nataniel

Smash Rookie
NNID
jediluigi1
3DS FC
3007-9221-6197
Wolf was definitely a wtf character

dont remember if he was the last unlockable character in brawl or not, I think he was
How was wolf a wtf character? His inclusion made sense, he's one of the main villains from Star Fox. Wii Fit Trainer and Duck Hunt Dog are wtf characters xD

JLU51306

Smash Apprentice
C'mon guys, we can't wait 2 more weeks?
I see no harm in it, honestly. The speculation, for me, is all a part of the fun in the coming weeks before launch day. Sure, it gets tiresome, but to each their own, I suppose.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
I'm still not buying it...
What about Dark Pit? He is a Newcomer (albeit a clone), yet there is no 'K' for 'Kid Icarus' under the newcomer section.
The leaker might not consider clones newcomers...
Perhaps Dark pit inherits brawl pits moveset?

Nataniel

Smash Rookie
NNID
jediluigi1
3DS FC
3007-9221-6197
I actually wouldn't mind Dark Pit with Brawl Pit's moveset, as it seems Brawl Pit and SSB4 Pit play somewhat differently.

Meta_Ridley

Smash Journeyman
The leak was after Dark Pit was shown in Palutena's trailer, so technically the leaker didn't need to mention him.

cochiseSMASH

Smash Apprentice
Well Dark Pit (and Dr. Mario) aren't on that leaker's list at all (he doesn't mention Dr. Mario as a possible returning character either). It doesn't mean the leak is wrong about 5 more characters as it's vague to begin with, but makes it a little more questionable. I think it's also either confirmed or highly likely that Mii's wouldn't be on the selection screen which seems to be assumed there (given that 3DS is one player only, it makes sense to have Mii selection be through the separate screen where users could pick between saved Mii's, I'm not actually sure how else they could do it efficiently.)

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
I've had no internet since the Direct. I'm only Mcdonalds for a minute can anyone update me!?

kylexv

Smash Master
I've had no internet since the Direct. I'm only Mcdonalds for a minute can anyone update me!?
Today's POTD was of Riki, confirming that he is an assist trophy as well as part of Shulk's Final Smash.

In leaks, however, nothing much happened.

Last edited:

Spiderfog

Smash Cadet
NNID
Spiderfog
3DS FC
4425-1483-7986
Didn't Vaanrose say on Twitter recently that this is, in fact, the final roster? This would mean the roster would contain 49 characters, debunking this rumor, which has 53.

Today's POTD was of Riki, confirming that he (?. I don't play Xenoblade)
Yeah, Riki's a he.

cochiseSMASH

Smash Apprentice
Didn't Vaanrose say on Twitter recently that this is, in fact, the final roster? This would mean the roster would contain 49 characters, debunking this rumor, which has 53.

Yeah, Riki's a he.
From his Twitter feed:

Literally the ONLY things I have ever said were Duck Hunt Dog and Bowser Jr were playable, and that the 4chan DLC is 100% a fake.

Kelkador

Smash Rookie
NNID
Pushinator
3DS FC
1118-0236-7989
I don't know if this has been posted before but I think the leak showed us the final roster, and I am going to explain why.

I agree the CSS looks unfinished but you have to keep in mind, customization is off therefore the Mii Fighters aren't in there. Having them in there might pretty up the CSS and make it make more sense.

What I can't say is why All-Star mode is locked, but I do have a theory. Sakurai said something like "assist trophies will figure into all-star mode." Maybe every character was unlocked, but all-star mode was disabled because of something with assist trophies? Also, wouldn't it make sense for them to show the ESRB all playable characters, but skip over something relating to assist trophies?

Just my two cents, forgive me if this argument was already posted.

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
I didn't believe the leak until Shulk was confirmed. I don't mind people getting cut if we're going to get them as DLC anyway
I don't mind either as long as they do appear as DLC. I'm really happy with the characters we got but I'm also really bummed about the characters we lost. (assuming those guys are in fact cut)

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
EDIT: WRONG FORUM, MY BAD!
On topic: How many of you believe the leak before the videos?

Last edited:

Supermario12

Smash Apprentice
I don't mind either as long as they do appear as DLC. I'm really happy with the characters we got but I'm also really bummed about the characters we lost. (assuming those guys are in fact cut)
Im really happy with the roster as well. I don't why theres so many people hoping this is fake. Who doesn't want the Duck Hunt Dog? And who were they hoping would get in?

If theres DLC and theres no Mewtwo, is it really DLC?

gamer8

Smash Lord
EDIT: WRONG FORUM, MY BAD!
On topic: How many of you believe the leak before the videos?
I didn't give it too much thought then, it felt like just another fake css leak and some things puzzled me like Dr. Mario's return and some veterans being cut, plus I remember seeing some people supposedly finding some renders of I think Dr. Mario and Dark Pit that looked like the ones in the css. After that the videos came out and all doubt was cleared.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
Well I for one don't want Duck Hunt Dog, but that's just my personal preference.

The roster isn't really to my liking, but I've come to accept it. It does have people which will be fun to try out, I admit. Though I really wasn't expecting Dr. Mario to return...I kind of saw Dark Pit.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Im really happy with the roster as well. I don't why theres so many people hoping this is fake. Who doesn't want the Duck Hunt Dog? And who were they hoping would get in?

The answer is simple. The most popular characters that were left to be added (commonly known as "the big 3": K. Rool, Mewtwo and Ridley) apparently arent in the roster. While less popular yet deserving characters like Duck Hunt Dog and Bowser Jr. got in.

Funny thing is, if you put the order of character reveals in backwards it starts with very boring stuff like Dark Pit and lesser known characters like Shulk. Then it starts to rise with popular choices like Little Mac and Rosalina. And finally ends blowing everyone with the most requested 3rd party character, Megaman (with a little Villager on the side) people surely would seem more satisfied in these final 2 weeks with that reveal order. Even if it is still the same.

cochiseSMASH

Smash Apprentice
The answer is simple. The most popular characters that were left to be added (commonly known as "the big 3": K. Rool, Mewtwo and Ridley) apparently arent in the roster. While less popular yet deserving characters like Duck Hunt Dog and Bowser Jr. got in.

Funny thing is, if you put the order of character reveals in backwards it starts with very boring stuff like Dark Pit and lesser known characters like Shulk. Then it starts to rise with popular choices like Little Mac and Rosalina. And finally ends blowing everyone with the most requested 3rd party character, Megaman (with a little Villager on the side) people surely would seem more satisfied in these final 2 weeks with that reveal order. Even if it is still the same.
I agree with the bottom statement you made - unless one of the big 3 gets revealed after launch, some people are going to be unhappy and take it out on the newcomers revealed last, particularly the clones. When in fact, the development time and effort likely was spent on Mega Man and the other awesome looking newcomers we've known about for ages.

Spiderfog

Smash Cadet
NNID
Spiderfog
3DS FC
4425-1483-7986
Just checked Vaanrose's Twitter. Looks like he deleted the tweet about this being the final roster. Instead, he's now saying that the only things he's ever said are that the Duck Hunt Dog and Bowser Jr. are playable, and the 4Chan DLC post being fake.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Oh dear, you are all losing hope that the roster shwon is final. It isn't, have faith in Mr. Sakurai! If he could blindside us hard enough with Robin/Lucina when Gematsu was at it's peak, he can do it with the leaked roster and show us one of the hype 3.

I'm still betting Mewtwo is in. Don't give up. Speculate.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
But guys, seriously, even if we got a lot of fire emblem characters already, just look at how badass Roy from FE: Awakening looks....so badass lol if he had a different moveset i wouldn't mind at all having him back :p

Last edited:

lavadeira

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1736-0917-9729
But guys, seriously, even if we got a lot of fire emblem characters already, just look at how badass Roy from FE: Awakening looks....so badass lol if he had a different moveset i wouldn't mind at all having him back :p
Yeah, I'd take him over Ike any day of the weak.
And Mallow over Geno, no one wanted him...?

Zango

Smash Apprentice
That's completely random fan-art of Roy in Awakening style clothes.

In game, all of the "retro" FE characters just got a new Character portrait thing and a different hair-color; otherwise they just used regular generic character models. (Unless the few old characters featured in any DLCs differed; this is just based off my experiences Vs. the spot pass teams.)

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

In game, all of the "retro" FE characters just got a new Character portrait thing and a different hair-color; otherwise they just used regular generic character models. (Unless the few old characters featured in any DLCs differed; this is just based off my experiences Vs. the spot pass teams.)
It's official art.

_Sheik

Smash Lord

Wut, that's actually an official DLC artwork of Roy in Awakening. Get your facts str8 m8.

DuckHuntFTW

Smash Cadet
I know this is a bit off topic bu t I thought of something awsome. Do you think its possible to use a 3ds skylander portal of power with amiibos? I doubt it but it would be sweet.

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman

I don't understand what you mean with that last question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom