• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Any of you guys remember this?

This was posted the same day as the one on 4chan that prompted Ninka and vaanrose to come forward.
Interesting thing about this one is that the "D" once speculated on being Donkey kong is actually Duck hunt and the "M" Being Mario.
Also seems to have predicted the return of Cut melee characters, and clones not being considered newcomers.
The most striking part to me though is that it seems to have predicted 53 characters, 53+random appears to be what we're getting if the open space on the roster gets filled.
i cant see anything

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I think photobucket links should be fine. If not, you can reupload it to imgur.com, which is far better

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
There's 2 weeks to reveal 3 veterans. Very skeptical about this. I doubt we're gonna get any new character announcements at all until after release, since the eshop CSS shows everyone besides miis and Lucina

Naoshi

Ehhhhh... Calling fake on this. It kind of contradicts the information we have now.

Last edited:

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
The image looks better, but we've already seen the starting roster.

The only revealed character that needs to be unlocked is Lucina. That 4chan post is bogus. Almost everything on 4chan is bogus.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
Let's see if this works...

Thanks!
Now what interests me is the fact that It possibly predicts the inclusion of "D" DHD, "M" Bowser Jr, and "X" Shulk and mentions clones as unlockables other than newcomers...
...Also interesting to note as it mentions the final roster at 53 characters, which would fill up the screen seen in the leak with random.

WwwWario

Smash Ace
Man, I just found out I've been reading this topic for an hour now. To me, THIS is the most exciting period before a new Smash game - the last weeks before launch. This is where the leaks start to pop up, information from testing sources, etc etc etc., and knowing that we're only under 2 weeks away from getting all our questions answered.... man, just reading all you guys' thoughts, speculation and analysis on this is just so exciting when there's so short time left. This is why I love Smash Bros and SmashBoards.

Bhojj

Smash Rookie
Maybe it menas 3 veterans to be removed (Wolf, Ice Climbers and Lucas).

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
Three more veterans to be revealed in a span of 2 weeks? Yeah, I don't think that's happening.
This would include Meta Knight, who was already revealed, but Uh... I'm not even sure if it's legit. Maybe the guy got lucky and guessed the right letters for franchises and numbers for roster?

EarthBoundRules

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4399-0517-2480
If the Japanese eShop picture contains the starting roster, than either the leak is incorrect or the 'translation' is incorrect. Crossing off the 5 'unlockables' from the eShop picture (excluding Mii Fighters) leaves us with 31 characters. The leak claims there are 33 starters.

Last edited:

Naoshi

This would include Meta Knight, who was already revealed, but Uh... I'm not even sure if it's legit. Maybe the guy got lucky and guessed the right letters for franchises and numbers for roster?
The "leak" said Wario, Ice Climbers and Lucas to be revealed. If they are part of the starting roster, then Sakurai would have to announce them in the remaining 2 weeks we have now.

I don't think this rumor is legit at all.

Last edited:

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
When was this posted? July? That is a lot of time to reconsider who is in the starting roster or not, or what veteran to reveal. To debunk this just because of those two criteria seems wrong to me.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
The "leak" said Wario, Ice Climbers and Lucas to be revealed. If they are part of the starting roster, then Sakurai would have to announce them in the remaining 2 weeks we have now.

I don't think this rumor is legit at all.
The leak itself isn't from the blue text- It's only in the text on the first post.
The blue text and pictures are speculation based on that information.

Rocksmasha

Smash Cadet
If the Japanese eShop picture contains the starting roster, than either the leak is incorrect or the 'translation' is incorrect. Crossing off the 5 'unlockables' from the eShop picture (excluding Mii Fighters) leaves us with 30 characters. The leak claims there are 33 starters.

You also have to realize that the starting roster is something that shifts around a lot this post was made in July plenty of time for the starting roster to be shifted around. It also correctly predicted Ice Climbers being removed along with Wolf and Lucas, without a doubt and quite possibly predicted Duck Hunt Dog, Bowser Jr and Shulk. I believe this is potentially a plausible leak it is not debunked but it is by no means confirmed unless we get that Z or M filled in.

Naoshi

The leak itself isn't from the blue text- It's only in the text on the first post.
The blue text and pictures are speculation based on that information.
Good point. I realized that earlier but then got ahead of my self there, thanks for reminding me.

Maybe it menas 3 veterans to be removed (Wolf, Ice Climbers and Lucas).
Okay, now THAT makes a lot of sense... I might retranslate that picture to get it up to date if anyone cares

Last edited:

EarthBoundRules

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4399-0517-2480
You also have to realize that the starting roster is something that shifts around a lot this post was made in July plenty of time for the starting roster to be shifted around. It also correctly predicted Ice Climbers being removed along with Wolf and Lucas, without a doubt and quite possibly predicted Duck Hunt Dog, Bowser Jr and Shulk. I believe this is potentially a plausible leak it is not debunked but it is by no means confirmed unless we get that Z or M filled in.
This leak predicted the Ice Climbers, Lucas and Wario being revealed before release. Or if 'tbr' meant 'to be removed', then it would still have claimed Wario was removed when he clearly wasn't.

Last edited:

Rakath

Smash Ace
Again, the translation is not the leak, the vague cryptic nonsense letters and numbers are the leak.

So the translations being wrong doesn't impact the leak so much. And since it's vague it could be false and still read true in two weeks.

I'm working on the math and the organization of it right now.

Rocksmasha

Smash Cadet
This leak predicted the Ice Climbers, Lucas and Wario being revealed before release.
tbr could potentially stand for to be revealed or to be removed if it were 1 or 2 of the characters not on the roster leak this would be more debatable. I think the translator messed up here and it stands for to be removed all 3 removed characters according to the roster leak makes it hard to believe that its a coincidence.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
All I know is that once I see the final roster, I'm not spoiling anything else. Then, I flee.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
Keep in mind this was July 27th-If I'm correct(I could be wrong) This was before Ninka/Vaanrose came forward with their information.
If Tbr means "To be Removed" This is quite interesting predicting those three cuts. NOONE before Ninka/Vaanrose thought Ice climbers would get cut.
Also 53 characters+random fits perfectly with the rest of the spaces on the css leak.

TiaSilvia

Smash Apprentice
What is weird is the 53 characters amount and the supposed veterans cut, which match the CSS. What if the 5 newcomers may be the 5 characters missing from the CSS? But I could not figure out the X since the only easy option would be Shulk from Xenoblade.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Five newcomers:
M - Ridley
D - Dixie? (EDIT: Sorry, Duck Hunt Dog)
M - Bowser Jr.
Z - Toon Zelda?
X - Shulk

If tbr means to be removed, then replace Wario with Wolf.

Here's one thing I don't understand:
Why are Miis unlockable?

Last edited:

Zango

Smash Apprentice
Five newcomers:
M - Ridley
D - Dixie?
M - Bowser Jr.
Z - Toon Zelda?
X - Shulk

If tbr means to be removed, then replace Wario with Wolf.

Here's one thing I don't understand:
Why are Miis unlockable?
People have speculated that they're available via a separate menu or some such, hence why they've been totally absent on the CSS's we've seen.

Last edited:

Rocksmasha

Smash Cadet
Ok here is my translated version of this that makes it line up with all information we have so far with a few little tidbits:

53C: Same as the original leak 53 characters
33S: Thirty Three Starters this has the potential of being changed
20U: Twently unlockable characters which are in the leak could be,
L: Lucina or Luigi
The others are probably like the ones in the photo but can't be certain

5N: 5 Newcomers
M: Mario Representative (Bowser Jr.)
D: Duck Hunt Representative (Duck Hunt Dog)
M: This one is unknown possibilities include Metroid, another Mario, Doubt Mother
Z: Zelda representative or maybe F-Zero Representative with the latter being incredibly unlikely possibilities one possibility from each would be Impa or if it is F-Zero Black Shadow
X: Xenoblade (Shulk)

3Vtbr: 3 Veterans To Be Removed which would be Wolf, Ice Climbers and Lucas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom