• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
the roster it's likely to be fake,the only real characters confirmed are shulk,ganon and bowser jr are real 100% for sure.
more pepole say the roster is fake,photoshop,outside shulk ganon and bowser jr,so the good side? maybe lucas wolf ice climbers and isaac are in.
Who are these "most people?" Have you just now arrived here that you think that statement is accurate? Hold your opinion that it's fake, that's fine, but don't throw around clear lies like that.

SSBBphenom

Smash Cadet
NNID
SSBBphenom
3DS FC
3368-3003-7322
I've seen this fake several times already.
Lol I was sure it was fake, I don't think we'll get another big leak before the 13th(I wouldn't mind being wrong), but since I hadn't seen it before I thought I'd put it up here in hopes that someone knew where the Ridley came from.

Some might argue that, but Nintendo definitely would not agree with the idea, at least, I seriously doubt it. It's just as weird to throw Lemmy in the Koopa Clown Car and just call him Bowser Jr. as it is to play as Lucas and have someone call him Ness. Any fan of any character would still find it very "not fitting."

Personally I think it's possible that Lucas has been relegated to an alt skin slot, especially if Ness has been made to play more like a mix of both psychic kids. Which I know is unlikely, but oh god if that happened I'd be so damn happy.
If Lucas isn't in I would LOVE it if Ness became more of a hybrid of the two. Although i'd kinda miss the old Ness moveset too.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
If Lucas isn't in I would LOVE it if Ness became more of a hybrid of the two. Although i'd kinda miss the old Ness moveset too.
I personally wouldn't be bothered. I liked him in the original and Melee, but I just found Lucas much more fun to play as in Brawl, so if we lost the latter entirely... that would really suck for me. Of course sympathy for the Ness mains, but hell this isn't likely to happen anyway haha.

Rakath

Smash Ace
If a Roy alt Bowser Jr. wins a match, it will still displays "Bowser Jr." on the screen. Some may argue that "in some extend, all koopalings are Bowser juniores", but to characters like Lucas, Wolf or Daisy, that would be not fitting and weird.
This'll probably come off as a bit rude, but what source do you have for that? Was it a Koopaling alt in the ERSB video? Cause the audio data for reskinned characters is different, so the result screen data called up could also be different. The Koopa Kids would share the same "Bowser Jr." select screen, and game result data, but they could be announced as separate winners on the victory screen. Same goes for any other alternate costume.

This is what i'd see the full roster being is we end up having wolf lucas and ice climbers still in the game as unlockables.

Not sure why everyone is restraining the roster to being a perfect square when it's not like the CSS can't simply be shrunk down and end up looking more like what happen to melee's roster.
I've said before there's a strong chance it won't be a perfect square, but at the same time the character order seems pretty solid and you've moved Ness and Little Mac to make your roster work. It also probably won't support an extra row with the dimensions it has to take up. Right now based on math the character select tiles are around 39x39 pixels on a guess? I'd say dropping to 30 gets a bit too cramped.

ToonAdri

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Toonadri
well,i open the eyes is real! i hope lucas,wolf,ice iclimbers and isaac are unlockables.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280

Sonicjamareiz

Smash Apprentice
I know this off topic but I want to know why do so many people say that mewtwo is going be a clone of lucario when mewtwo came first and both of their movesets are completely different from each other specials and all.

Wobz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
WobzGames
I know Lucas chances are very low right now, I just wanted to made it clear that Lucas is a very different character and not only in the effect of his moves. That is just applied to his specials.
Like I said before, I understood your point, and if Bowser Jr. alts end up being koopalings, this could be applied to other characters as well. I still don't buy it though, for very little things, like victory poses/phrases and even the name of the character.

If a Roy alt Bowser Jr. wins a match, it will still displays "Bowser Jr." on the screen. Some may argue that "in some extend, all koopalings are Bowser juniores", but to characters like Lucas, Wolf or Daisy, that would be not fitting and weird.

Whoa, no need for being all defensive. When I said to get back to the topic, I was reffering to myself, because I stopped to start talking about characters in special. I guess I should have being more clear. Sorry for that.
Originally Lucina's name would've been displayed as Marth
which would've sounded weird xD

Stalkos

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1977-0277-9521
This'll probably come off as a bit rude, but what source do you have for that? Was it a Koopaling alt in the ERSB video? Cause the audio data for reskinned characters is different, so the result screen data called up could also be different. The Koopa Kids would share the same "Bowser Jr." select screen, and game result data, but they could be announced as separate winners on the victory screen. Same goes for any other alternate costume.
I actually don't have any source for my thought. But you are right, we don't know for sure if Bowser Jr. alts are the koopalings. And we also don't know for sure if they will be announced as "Bowser Jr." or if the text in the victory screen and the audio voice will follow the alts.

If this happens (and I doubt it), that would show the love and the care for details that the develop team had to make the alts the more fitting possible. And it would be awesome.

Rakath

Smash Ace
I know this off topic but I want to know why do so many people say that mewtwo is going be a clone of lucario when mewtwo came first and both of their movesets are completely different from each other specials and all.
If anything Mewtwo would probably be an amalgam of his original gimmicks (long floaty second jump, low weight, telekinetic item use) and items off both Lucario and Greninja's movesets. Most people get distracted by the fact that Shadow Ball and Aura Sphere share the same visual properties.

Meta_Ridley

Smash Journeyman
I require assistance!
I found a dectractor on Miiverse and decided to enlighten them on the leak.
Now the mistress is taking it WAY too far.
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADRUqGTMjBdAQ
I am Eban, Jade is the detractor, and whoever else is there is just there.
Help would be appreciated, as I kinda need it. She's going off the deep end.
I would encourage you and everyone else to stop arguing/debating/whatever you wanna call it. It's obviously not going anywhere and everyone's making fools of themselves.

People will believe what they want to believe. They'll figure it out when the game comes out.

Stalkos

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1977-0277-9521
Originally Lucina's name would've been displayed as Marth
which would've sounded weird xD
And that's why she gained a own slot.

I'm kidding. But I believe this must have been a factor they thought when Lucina was promoted from alt to playable.

Last edited:

slambros

Smash Ace
I apologize if a similar thread is already somewhere on the site.

Anyway, I noticed on the leaked roster picture that there's room for five more characters.

I think those characters are:
Ridley
Mewtwo
K. Rool
Dixie Kong
Ice Climbers

Who do you think those five are? Do you even think my theory's correct at all?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I require assistance!
I found a dectractor on Miiverse and decided to enlighten them on the leak.
Now the mistress is taking it WAY too far.
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADRUqGTMjBdAQ
I am Eban, Jade is the detractor, and whoever else is there is just there.
Help would be appreciated, as I kinda need it. She's going off the deep end.
This is not the place for personal squabbles. Do not post these kinds of things here.

Wobz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
WobzGames
And that's why she gained a own slot.

I'm kidding. But I believe this must have been a factor they thought when Lucina was promoted from alt to playable.
Yah so I guess it would be possible for the Koopalings to be displayed as Bowser Jr

Rakath

Smash Ace
I actually don't have any source for my thought. But you are right, we don't know for sure if Bowser Jr. alts are the koopalings. And we also don't know for sure if they will be announced as "Bowser Jr." or if the text in the victory screen and the audio voice will follow the alts.

If this happens (and I doubt it), that would show the love and the care for details that the develop team had to make the alts the more fitting possible. And it would be awesome.
Initially Brawl was suppose to have individual tracks for victory themes per character, and not just Meta Knight. From a coding level this really isn't any different. The various Koopa Kids would have their own audio tracks anyway. Same as Lucina, and Doc for the one sound effect that is definitely different from Mario's. The text on the victory screen isn't animated, so it's a low impact edit compared to making an entirely new character slot.

P.S.: Non-clone Lucina wouldn't have her mask taunt, so "Marth" being announced as the winner would make just about as much sense as any other characters sharing alt space. But this presupposes her initial model was masked Lucina.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Ice climbers have been default since inclusion, would be a slight blessing to have them hidden as a reason they're not showing up but unfortunately no.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Well customization is off in that CSS, which makes me believe the Mii Fighters would otherwise have a slot on the roster. So, I actually think we're in for 4 if that. I don't particularly see any strong reason to believe that roster we saw isn't final, but for the sake of the thread I'll say I would like...

Ridley
Mewto
K.Rool
Chorus Kids

Rakath

Smash Ace
@ WooMooWooWooMoo WooMooWooWooMoo : The 3DS stage screen (possibly incomplete), and that Bowser Jr., Wario, Mr. Game&Watch, Ganondorf, Falco, Jigglypuff, Duck Hunt Dog, Rob, Ness, Doc Mario, and Dark Pit are part of the playable roster.

We're mostly debating if there's room for more on the roster.

Of course, confirmed is a very touchy word when dealing with leaked information from dubious sources with dubious intentions. When we have multiple fake leaks, reported fake leaks tacked on to these leaks, and someone who was purposefully editing this leak to make it less believable to protect someone's job. So pretty much we definitely know that Ganondorf is in the game.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
I've tried my best to condense the current leaked roster down into a logical 7x7 grid with no gaps. This is to hopefully support the idea that there are more characters to come. I'm very happy with how it turned out, no characters had to be out of place, each character feels right where they are. The only thing people may not like with this is that I have isolated Wario and Dr. Mario away from the Mario series, I have put them in a sort of "Mario Spin-Off's" bracket. I haven't placed Yoshi there as while he does have a spin-off he still operates as a Mario character regularly unlike Wario or Dr. Mario.

If this was the full roster I see no reason for the empty space. As for the DLC argument, there is no room in the Stage Selection Screen so clearly they are confident that they can modify the board to add more stages if they wish.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
As DaDavid stated, Mii could count as one of those slots in which case;

Wolf
Lucas
Ice Climbers
A Rhythm Heaven Rep(not necessarily Chorus Men)

Are my best guesses, albeit uninteresting guesses. Presuming Mewtwo is being kept back for DLC.

Rakath

Smash Ace
@ Ganonthegreat Ganonthegreat : That's nice... but a 7x7 grid wouldn't work on a 3DS top screen. It leaves about half the screen unused, since the 3DS CSS are always square tiles (compared to the rectangular tiles in Brawl and Wii-U versions of the screen). With that size you migth as well have the screen be 13x7.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
I've tried my best to condense the current leaked roster down into a logical 7x7 grid with no gaps. This is to hopefully support the idea that there are more characters to come. I'm very happy with how it turned out, no characters had to be out of place, each character feels right where they are. The only thing people may not like with this is that I have isolated Wario and Dr. Mario away from the Mario series, I have put them in a sort of "Mario Spin-Off's" bracket. I haven't placed Yoshi there as while he does have a spin-off he still operates as a Mario character regularly unlike Wario or Dr. Mario.

If this was the full roster I see no reason for the empty space. As for the DLC argument, there is no room in the Stage Selection Screen so clearly they are confident that they can modify the board to add more stages if they wish.
Keep in mind The esrb rated the ENGLISH game in Late June/Early July, 3-3.5 months before the US and European Release. That's a 9th of the total development time. I'm almost certain we will either get a few more newcomers or some unfinished returning vets.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
@ Ganonthegreat Ganonthegreat : That's nice... but a 7x7 grid wouldn't work on a 3DS top screen. It leaves about half the screen unused, since the 3DS CSS are always square tiles (compared to the rectangular tiles in Brawl and Wii-U versions of the screen). With that size you migth as well have the screen be 13x7.
They don't have to be square though, as you said with Brawl and Wii U. It's a design choice they made. If you compare it to the stage screen you'll see that they have enough detail on the screen to fit a 6x6 grid with stages, I see no reason not to have 7x7 for characters.

PreciseMotion

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PreciseMotion
Oh boy, I'm just imaging "The winner is... ROY!" trolling everywhere

Rakath

Smash Ace
They don't have to be square though, as you said with Brawl and Wii U. It's a design choice they made. If you compare it to the stage screen you'll see that they have enough detail on the screen to fit a 6x6 grid with stages, I see no reason not to have 7x7 for characters.
(7x7)-1 = 48
(6x9)-1 = 53

How is your grid better than the one we already have in the ESRB leak?

And the 6x6 grid for the stages isn't square, its rectangular, a lot less dead space in comparison.

And when I say 'the 3DS grid uses square tiles' that's because we have 3 different images from 3 different sources of 3 different points in roster size that use square tiles in a rectangular grid.

Last edited:

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
(7x7)-1 = 48
(6x9)-1 = 53

How is your grid better than the one we already have in the ESRB leak?

And the 6x6 grid for the stages isn't square, its rectangular, a lot less dead space in comparison.

And when I say 'the 3DS grid uses square tiles' that's because we have 3 different images from 3 different sources of 3 different points in roster size that use square tiles in a rectangular grid.
Yes, that is the math.

It's better because it doesn't have dead space.

But nothing that is just black, everything is filled with something.

You misunderstand me. I'm not saying "I think that the roster will look like this", I'm saying that if this was the final roster then there is no reason for the empty space. They are not forced to make the roster boxes square.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I suspect the five spaces left are indeed left for characters.

I have more then mere suspicion to believe Mewtwo and Ridley will be included.
Also several missing veterans suggest that possibly there are a few more to unlock.

The leaker had only posted the roster of what he had unlocked thus far.
Complicated, difficult, or perhaps even modes not accessible to them resulted in some characters not being unlocked yet.

Ie. Online gameplay.

Very possible these five spaces could be characters, but there's a chance that they are just blank spaces, although I heavily doubt that.

Solarman

Smash Cadet
Its getting hard to believe that we have less than two weeks left until reality hits everyone like a falconpunch to the pichu. I really don't care what happens to the roster fake or not. As long as I get my Doc im fine. The stages however are really bumming me out with so many old stages that I never enjoyed to begin with. Also 3 Mario scrolling stages? -.-

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I think there's only one character left and it's either Wolf, Mewtwo or a new series character.

Rakath

Smash Ace
I'm not seeing the point of your argument, because:
- Since it won't be a 7x7 grid you can't accurately place the franchises so the rows are even.
- There will, mathematically speaking, be dead space on one version of the game or the other, unless the rosters came to 47 (6x8 and 4x12), 55 (7x8 and 4x14) or 59 (6x10 and 4x15). Those are the numbers grid that evenly space on both the 3DS (6 or 7 rows, but I lean towards 6 as seven makes for a lot of dead space) and Wii-U (4 rows, the basic dimensions of a TV screen haven't changed since Brawl came out, except they can extend outward as 4:3 ratio TVs are mostly dead).
- This of course assumes that there are more characters, both screens could just use less than clean grids.
- And the grids need to modify for the fact that Miis could be listed if you're playing with customizing.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
The 3DS Top screen is not a square, so a 7x7 grind wouldn't make much sense.
I'm not claiming it should be a square, I'm claiming that if this is the final roster then the grid should be 7 columns and 7 rows, rather than the current 9 columns and 6 rows with 5 black spaces.

The character selection screen did not have to use square images. They chose that for it, therefore I personally believe those slots will be filled.

Chompjil

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Chompjil
3DS FC
0387-8858-0021
Think about this, Wolf and Mewtwo were some of the last unlocks in the games where they were newcomers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom