• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
Sorry, don't want to derail the thread, but amidst the hype and calamity of the leak, I didn't get to express...

...just how freakin awesome the 3DS Kirby stage is.

I mean foreal, running through Kirby's Dreamland on a Gameboy screen? In all green?

Thank you based Sakurai

(assuming it's all Kirby, which, by process of elimination, isn't a stretch)

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
So here is my theory: we wouldn't get Xenoblade chronicles music if we didn't get a character from such game, but we did, so what about the rest of music artist being listed? could they be a hint for possible characters? As i said, i dont know if people have talked about this already because i looked in the search thing but didn't find anything, so i wanted to know what you guys think. Peace.
Not sure if anyone replied to this already but errrrr...

That does not hint a single thing about character inclusions. We already have Pac-Man as Namco's rep, Lloyd (nor any other Tales of) characters aren't going to be in the roster.

Brawl's dojo listed music composers from a loads of games and even listed the non-Nintendo games they've worked on, but 95% of the games mentioned did not make an appearance nor was mentioned in any way in Brawl itself. It's the same case here.

Last edited:

Raijinken

Smash Master
Not sure if anyone replied to this already but errrrr...

That does not hint a single thing about character inclusions. We already have Pac-Man as Namco's rep, Lloyd (nor any other Tales of) characters aren't going to be in the roster.

Brawl's dojo listed music composers from a loads of games and even listed the non-Nintendo games they've worked on, but 95% of the games mentioned did not make an appearance nor was mentioned in any way in Brawl itself. It's the same case here.
This. It's a record of their notable works, not the works being brought into Smash.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
So after catching up on the last whatever pages of the thread, I have one thing to say concerning the supposed Game & Watch trophy, Wolf/Impa stuff, and recent Ridley trailer leaks... does anyone but me look at fonts? Seriously, I could have disproven all of those immediately on fonts alone.

Also, I was kind of hoping that Lucas was somehow missed in that Lucario shot, but alas, that'd've been too good to be true... :(

Last edited:

Spiderfog

Smash Cadet
NNID
Spiderfog
3DS FC
4425-1483-7986
But there are only Kirby characters fighting on it, possibly foreshadowing what the stage would be based on.
The CSS Leak for the stage roster shows the original Kirby's Dreamland as a stage. And since we all know that's real by now, that means it's this game's Kirby stage.

fanboss2

Smash Apprentice
The CSS Leak for the stage roster shows the original Kirby's Dreamland as a stage. And since we all know that's real by now, that means it's this game's Kirby stage.
Before the leak was confirmed and people were still questioning this stage, someone suggested that the stage selection screen was animated. You would see the stages "moving" on the top screen, like a preview of every stage. I liked that idea...

Last edited:

JUr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JorgeUr
3DS FC
4957-3388-8097
Aw, that fake Lucas image was really saddening u.u

The worst thing was the personal backslash (Lucas was there and I didn't see him!) but well... Still hoping

In regards to that spirit, for me the 5 possible characters are: Popo, Wolf, Lucas, Mewtwo and Dixie...

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
Someone's going to have to do a very convincing debunk on fonts or whatever for that Ridley image because it looks pretty darn good. Yes, the model is a little janky, but so is the photo res, so you never know. At a glance, the fonts seem to match up. I compared only the "g" and the "b" between Ridley and Robin and it looks decent.

Still, I think we may very well have seen the final roster given the "Over 40 characters" ordeal and the fact that Ninka's buddy saw what he assessed to be a near-final build with no mention of Ridley, Mewtwo, etc.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Ridley's not in either, but I would still like to see a convincing debunk of the image either way.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I haven't been following this thread much, so forgive me if I'm behind on this.

I just noticed Vaanrose updated his signature to imply he doesn't think there are any newcomers not shown in the leak. Has he said anything regarding it lately?

Spiderfog

Smash Cadet
NNID
Spiderfog
3DS FC
4425-1483-7986

I just noticed Vaanrose updated his signature to imply he doesn't think there are any newcomers not shown in the leak. Has he said anything regarding it lately?
Can't say I noticed.

This is definitely interesting. Looks like this may just be the final roster. If so, that makes the character unlock leak more true.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Someone's going to have to do a very convincing debunk on fonts or whatever for that Ridley image because it looks pretty darn good. Yes, the model is a little janky, but so is the photo res, so you never know. At a glance, the fonts seem to match up. I compared only the "g" and the "b" between Ridley and Robin and it looks decent.

Still, I think we may very well have seen the final roster given the "Over 40 characters" ordeal and the fact that Ninka's buddy saw what he assessed to be a near-final build with no mention of Ridley, Mewtwo, etc.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Ridley's not in either, but I would still like to see a convincing debunk of the image either way.
Well, it doesn't have proper grammar for one. "Ridley Looms Big!" just sounds wrong. Second, for all the teasing of Ridley and Pyrosphere that Sakurai has done, it would lead one to conclude that IF Ridley were to be revealed in trailer form, Pyrosphere would be the backdrop, and not genericville.

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729

*probably

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
So know we are starting to think that the leaked roster is the full and complete roster? Man, I need to watch all of these leaks like a hawk or else I'll get left in the dust :drfacepalm:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
*probably
And the nature of that "probably" is the big question. He posted a version without the *probably on Twitter, and I'm not sure which version came first. If the *probably version came after, it makes me think he either hasn't heard much from his source lately and is starting to wonder if that source had an incomplete build...or if he has heard more and knows better than to say anything.

What would've triggered it, though? A mention of other characters? News about Spotpass content or characters being held back for the Wii U release?

I may or may not be emotionally invested in a couple characters still. >_>

Last edited:

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Just checking against the text "Robin Brings the Thunder":
- The dot on the "i" in Ridley is round, not square with cut-off corners like the ones in the Robin trailer.
- The "g" in "Big" is clearly not the same as the one in "Brings"; the latter's top serif curves to the right, whereas the former's is shorter, straight, and slanted, and the latter's bottom part comes further to the left than the former's.
- The ends of the "s" and "e" glyphs are slanted in the Ridley image, but straight in the Robin text.
- The words in the Ridley image are aligned pretty normally, whereas the letters are aligned and sized inconsistently in the real newcomer trailers (the B in "Brings the Thunder" is substantially lower than the baseline, for instance).
- And so forth.

Yes, I'm obsessed with fonts, but at least some of those are some pretty blatant discrepancies. And to be honest, the use of Calibri (the default Microsoft Office 2007+ font) in the KO stats screen in the Wolf/Impa leak bugs me almost as much as the mathematical error in Lucario's KO count.

Last edited:

micstar615

Smash Ace
So vaanrose is implying that there aren't any more characters? I checked his twitter and his last tweet basically says there are no other characters :/

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Sorry, don't want to derail the thread, but amidst the hype and calamity of the leak, I didn't get to express...

...just how freakin awesome the 3DS Kirby stage is.

I mean foreal, running through Kirby's Dreamland on a Gameboy screen? In all green?

Thank you based Sakurai

(assuming it's all Kirby, which, by process of elimination, isn't a stretch)
I am so glad that a stage in my actual stage wishlist actually becomes true for once in any of my Smash Bros hype. I am so seriously happy about that.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So vaanrose is implying that there aren't any more characters? I checked his twitter and his last tweet basically says there are no other characters :/
Vaanrose has said multiple times himself that he's merely speculating on that front, everything he knew has already come out. At this point there's no outside source who knows if there's anything past the ESRB leak.

MrSirSteven

Smash Journeyman
Vaanrose has said multiple times himself that he's merely speculating on that front, everything he knew has already come out. At this point there's no outside source who knows if there's anything past the ESRB leak.
Well the only people who'd know if there are more characters would be people who went to the Round table at Pax right? :o

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Well the only people who'd know if there are more characters would be people who went to the Round table at Pax right? :o
Pretty much yeah, no one tied to this particular leak would know anymore since the video is all they got.

micstar615

Smash Ace
So he's just fooling around with that tweet (and supposedly, his sig)?

Last edited:

WwwWario

Smash Ace
I see people talking about a very convincing Ridley image. Am I missing something? Link to picture?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Last edited:

MrSirSteven

Smash Journeyman
Not sure why my reply to ^ was in spoiler box but here's what I said.

At this one, seeing this today makes me want Ridley in even more then usual. If the third image of Ridley is apart of his Trailer then god dam I really want to see how Ridley would look in CGI.

Last edited:

Chrollo.

fka president wario
What if (And this is a really big what if) the Ridley image is real but got dismissed quickly because you know... it has Ridley in it. That could explain why it hasn't been mentioned for months.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Doesn't look very good to me. 'Course after the Shulk leak I probably have somewhat higher standards now.

MrSirSteven

Smash Journeyman
What if (And this is a really big what if) the Ridley image is real but got dismissed quickly because you know... it has Ridley in it. That could explain why it hasn't been mentioned for months.
I see this Ridley image as like when Palutena's leak image was revealed and everyone was saying it was fake but turned out to be real. So hopefully it goes the same way with this, fingers crossed I guess. Only weird thing about it is the intro for Ridley, "Ridley Looms Big!".

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I see this Ridley image as like when Palutena's leak image was revealed and everyone was saying it was fake but turned out to be real. So hopefully it goes the same way with this, fingers crossed I guess.
Wasn't it the case that the leak was fake but Palutena just happened to be in? Or, do you mean what you said even down to that detail? o.O

InsaneHippo

Smash Cadet
I see this Ridley image as like when Palutena's leak image was revealed and everyone was saying it was fake but turned out to be real. So hopefully it goes the same way with this, fingers crossed I guess. Only weird thing about it is the intro for Ridley, "Ridley Looms Big!".
The Palutena leak was fake.

MrSirSteven

Smash Journeyman
Wasn't it the case that the leak was fake but Palutena just happened to be in? Or, do you mean what you said even down to that detail? o.O
I believe that that Palutena image with Mario was real the whole time but people didn't believe because of the "Black outlines" or something like that. People are going to do the same thing with that Ridley image until he's actually revealed. Hopefully someone confirms it to be real or fake because those Renders are really good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom