• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSirSteven

Smash Journeyman
I swear that I've seen that Ridley Looms Big! ''leak" before. MONTHS ago.
Yeah, someone told me that the image appeared back in June. Hype has been drained from me once again but the image still looks good to me. The image hasn't been confirmed fake so this actually might be real, at least it's a good discussion to talk about.

Lord Goomy

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, someone told me that the image appeared back in June. Hype has been drained from me once again but the image still looks good to me. The image hasn't been confirmed fake so this actually might be real, at least it's a good discussion to talk about.
It does look good, but if it's from that long ago it just couldn't be real. I hate to help derail the hype train, sorry.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
I swear that I've seen that Ridley Looms Big! ''leak" before. MONTHS ago.
That most likely settles that then. It's too bad that tail tip isn't clearer in the picture. Could have compared it to the one in the boss trailer. Anyway, so today we've had fake leaks for Ridley, Lucas, and Chorus Men. None are true. Am I up to speed?

JLU51306

Smash Apprentice
That most likely settles that then. It's too bad that tail tip isn't clearer in the picture. Could have compared it to the one in the boss trailer. Anyway, so today we've had fake leaks for Ridley, Lucas, and Chorus Men. None are true. Am I up to speed?
For the most part, yes.

Lord Goomy

Smash Apprentice
You forgot the horrible fake Toad leak.

MrSirSteven

Smash Journeyman
It does look good, but if it's from that long ago it just couldn't be real. I hate to help derail the hype train, sorry.
Well you could say the same thing about the Palutena image that showed up for the 3DS. Well regardless if this is real or not I still got my pal Mega Man to play. Would be cool for it to be real though ;_;

Last edited:

Lord Goomy

Smash Apprentice
Well you could say the same thing about the Palutena image that showed up for the 3DS. Well regardless if this is real or not I still got my pal Mega Man to play.
And that's how everyone should look at it. Even if we don't get our dream characters in the game Sakurai has still given us an awesome roster and we should all be happy.

Wrath_of_Randy

Smash Rookie
NNID
ZiggyL7
Kinda feel like most leakers just throw in Ridley and Mewtwo to grab attention/cause people to desperately believe them. As a kind of a partly true/partly false deal, but really who the hell knows :p

Spiderfog

Smash Cadet
NNID
Spiderfog
3DS FC
4425-1483-7986
Leaker is also not fully reliable. And there have been many leakers of even this same leak. Which one said it, exactly? We really can't say with complete confidence that this is not the final roster. Earlier I remember you posting a picture of MasterLink saying it's not the final roster, but he is one of the people who has been unreliable in the past (even if it may not be his fault entirely) and I don't think he has any more claim to a direct line of connection to the original NoA employee leaker than anyone else.
I said earlier that it was Ninka. And that's who I'm referring to.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Warning Received
I guess that even though I made fun of the notion, I too am discrediting it because it's Ridley. I guess the CSS deconfimed him in my eyes. I can't find that render anywhere else. And the 3rd picture does king of look like a still from a second or two after the "Looms Big" still (notice how he's standing in the same way, but there are a few slight differences as if he had time to move in between those two pictures. Example: fingers are slightly different). That being said, it still also kind of looks like separate renders entirely. And the fact that it's from june/july pretty much confirms it's fake. So still no Ridley.

You forgot the horrible fake Toad leak.
Lol...I guess it was so useless that it didn't even remain in my memory. I thought it was a joke when I first saw it. Worst fake leak i've ever seen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rakath

Smash Ace
I've been mulling over the various leaks and this bit of speculation is something I've been trying to muster out the math on.

So we've got the ESRB CSS screen image, and the starting roster image, which sync up on the order of the character, which in turn meshes with the order of the E3 Demo roster (minus characters that don't appear at any given stage). They don't mesh up with the roster of the E3 Wii-U demo roster, due to the different parameters of the CSS, The Wii-U screen will be wider and narrower than the 3DS screen. But in all cases characters add in and shift the roster in the same style as Brawl's roster adding new characters into a roster that then shifts one to the left (and then down a row) per new addition.

If we assume the roster that has to 'fill out' is the Wii-U roster, and not the 3DS roster, then the blank space is allowable provided we get an even number table on the Wii CSS. The nearest equal dimensions for the Wii-U to the ESRB roster is 51 (4x13 - 1 square for Random, the ESRB leak screen won't evenly distribute on the Wii-U screen without removing the random button). That provides spaces for a few more characters.

But not Ridley, Dixie is out too unless she's a clone, and Ness is awkwardly placed for Lucas to join. Wolf and Mewtwo are still on the table, and stand-alones like Chorus Kids and Mach Rider are fine.

There's no easy way to shift around the characters on the 3DS CSS to add Ridley (unless two more characters bump in before, then another two to bump the Kirby cast down, and a further three to bump the Pokemon down) or Dixie as a non-clone (as a clone she falls in at the bottom of the list, as an original she has the same issue as Ridley). Lucas, listed as a clone, wouldn't bother the list, but as a non-clone Ness is well past the 'spaces for characters with friends' part of the list.

Wolf, if listed with his canonmates and not as a clone, or Mewtwo won't juggle the list so harshly. They move down Duck Hunt Dog, not really a big deal. On the Wii-U version the rows should be wider so the clones can easily sit next to their friends, if they do this Dixie and Wolf are in trouble, as the first two rows can pretty easily be filled on the Wii-U version with known characters (and Villager's placement on that list is just weird but I have no real answer for this). As 9 Mario characters + 2 DK characters + 2 Samus = 13. Then 4 Zeldas + Villager + 3 Kid Icarus + 3 Kirby + 2 Star Fox = 13.

Of course the Wii-U roster page was from an alpha build, so it's rather hard to confirm. Even if the E3 build for the 3DS lines up with Launch roster and the leak roster.

Joe73191

Smash Journeyman
those 5 extra spots probably belong to chorus men, mewtwo, wolf, popo and either ridley or dixie kong. Because of course my top choices would never make it in. No sukapon or king k. rool for us.

sandslash

Smash Apprentice
To me it doesnt make sense to show your best new additions early. Megaman brought hype but might not last you the entire time especailly if you have a long time until the game is released. We should see atleast one more big name character right before the game comes out to sell the product. The roster is great already but just in terms of marketing we should get one more big character.

Zango

Smash Apprentice
Just curious, someone said a page or two back that the ESRB gave Smash 4 it's rating in June, meaning that the "new" leaks we've gotten are in fact over two and a half months old; can anyone confirm this was the case?

If it was, it could explain the CSS's "awkward" character arrangement as just being knowingly unfinished then relying on any new characters additions to make sense.

(Although conversely it could mean even the stuff the ESRB got was outdated and there could still be more characters...)

I'm kind of surprised there have been zero Geno leaks considering how many people wanted him in Brawl.
I think it's because we've all given up hope seeing as the whole "Squeenix owns him" is a pretty solid barrier to his addition.

genostillnumberoneinmyheart;_;7

Last edited:

Lord Goomy

Smash Apprentice
I'm kind of surprised there have been zero Geno leaks considering how many people wanted him in Brawl.
It's probably because everyone is focused on Ridley and Dixie because of MFing leaker, and the fact that Geno just isn't reasonable with there already being 7 Mario reps.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
I've been mulling over the various leaks and this bit of speculation is something I've been trying to muster out the math on.

So we've got the ESRB CSS screen image, and the starting roster image, which sync up on the order of the character, which in turn meshes with the order of the E3 Demo roster (minus characters that don't appear at any given stage). They don't mesh up with the roster of the E3 Wii-U demo roster, due to the different parameters of the CSS, The Wii-U screen will be wider and narrower than the 3DS screen. But in all cases characters add in and shift the roster in the same style as Brawl's roster adding new characters into a roster that then shifts one to the left (and then down a row) per new addition.

If we assume the roster that has to 'fill out' is the Wii-U roster, and not the 3DS roster, then the blank space is allowable provided we get an even number table on the Wii CSS. The nearest equal dimensions for the Wii-U to the ESRB roster is 51 (4x13 - 1 square for Random, the ESRB leak screen won't evenly distribute on the Wii-U screen without removing the random button). That provides spaces for a few more characters.

But not Ridley, Dixie is out too unless she's a clone, and Ness is awkwardly placed for Lucas to join. Wolf and Mewtwo are still on the table, and stand-alones like Chorus Kids and Mach Rider are fine.

There's no easy way to shift around the characters on the 3DS CSS to add Ridley (unless two more characters bump in before, then another two to bump the Kirby cast down, and a further three to bump the Pokemon down) or Dixie as a non-clone (as a clone she falls in at the bottom of the list, as an original she has the same issue as Ridley). Lucas, listed as a clone, wouldn't bother the list, but as a non-clone Ness is well past the 'spaces for characters with friends' part of the list.

Wolf, if listed with his canonmates and not as a clone, or Mewtwo won't juggle the list so harshly. They move down Duck Hunt Dog, not really a big deal. On the Wii-U version the rows should be wider so the clones can easily sit next to their friends, if they do this Dixie and Wolf are in trouble, as the first two rows can pretty easily be filled on the Wii-U version with known characters (and Villager's placement on that list is just weird but I have no real answer for this). As 9 Mario characters + 2 DK characters + 2 Samus = 13. Then 4 Zeldas + Villager + 3 Kid Icarus + 3 Kirby + 2 Star Fox = 13.

Of course the Wii-U roster page was from an alpha build, so it's rather hard to confirm. Even if the E3 build for the 3DS lines up with Launch roster and the leak roster.
This is such a great post. And could be uber helpful in tyring to figure out if anybody else is coming. Well...if it wasn't for that stupid "clone section" on the CSS. Because of that, the roster placement discredits nobody. Like you said, Dixie doesn't fit unless she's a clone. It's kind of the same for any and all characters who wouldn't normally fit. Hell, if Ridley was a Charizard clone, even he could be down there. It's not like it's unheard of for clones to be cloned from a character of another series (Ganondorf/Captain Falcon). K Rool could be a Bowser clone, **** they could have a single Chorus Man who is a villager clone. Instead of building a house he grows a music note. That clone section just throws everything the **** off.

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
I seriously wanna know where Geno's hype came from. SE wasn't working on Brawl, so why would people want Geno, who is a very obscure Mario character? Was SMRPG's nostalgia factor high in 2007/2008?

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
It's probably because everyone is focused on Ridley and Dixie because of MFing leaker, and the fact that Geno just isn't reasonable with there already being 7 Mario reps.
That, and the fact that Square Enix has decided that going anywhere near Nintendo with anything not called Theatrythm would apparently give everybody on their payroll a disease that causes instant spontaneous combustion.

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
Hmm. This is the first intriguing thing I've seen on this thread for a week. I wonder how this has floated around unseen for so long and how nobody has found comps for the renders. The Palutena leak happened way before the reveal, so this wouldn't be unprecedented.

One thing I thought might be a point against it is the punctuation, where they capitalized "big" for no apparent reason. However, looking at Robin's reveal, they follow the same punctuation conventions: "Robin Brings the Thunder." That's a point in its favor, but only a minor one. Still, the fact that it has been floating around for months merits a second look. Internet machine: run this through your filters again, please.

We all know Sakurai has the poll data going back to Brawl on Ridley. Plus he teased his shadow on the Metroid stage. This definitely merits further investigation.

I'm glad I was rewarded--at least for now--for leaving this thread open in the browser over the last few days.

Zango

Smash Apprentice
I seriously wanna know where Geno's hype came from. SE wasn't working on Brawl, so why would people want Geno, who is a very obscure Mario character? Was SMRPG's nostalgia factor high in 2007/2008?
It's probably because SMRPG is one of the greatest games ever made and gave rise to the Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi series, all three of which lack any kind of Smash recognition, meaning a character from the first of these games would make a good representative of all the Mario RPG's as a whole.

EDIT: On Ridley, I don't exactly think he's likely, but I feel like he's got too much presence now to be ignored. As some people in the Ridley thread (not surprisingly) have pointed out, the lack of supposed "boss" Ridley attacking anyone and the fact that Sakurai has very clearly explained the stage bosses for other stages via POTD's relatively quickly after the stage's reveal may suggest Ridley isn't just a boss.

Last edited:

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Guys...is this the same render from that Ridley leak?

Edit: nvm. It's different.

A good point about the Palutena leak: just because the CSS was leaked, it doesn't mean Sakurai will start revealing everything one after another. Look how long it took for Palutena's reveal after her leak, which ended up being true.

Last edited:

Rakath

Smash Ace
This is such a great post. And could be uber helpful in tyring to figure out if anybody else is coming. Well...if it wasn't for that stupid "clone section" on the CSS. Because of that, the roster placement discredits nobody. Like you said, Dixie doesn't fit unless she's a clone. It's kind of the same for any and all characters who wouldn't normally fit. Hell, if Ridley was a Charizard clone, even he could be down there. It's not like it's unheard of for clones to be cloned from a character of another series (Ganondorf/Captain Falcon). K Rool could be a Bowser clone, **** they could have a single Chorus Man who is a villager clone. Instead of building a house he grows a music note. That clone section just throws everything the **** off.
Yes and no. Two out of three almost certainly were skins for another character, possibly all three. Their sections on the board were probably locked in already by the time things were juggled and are hard to move around. Toon Link, by comparison, is fairly clone-like, but listed up with the Zeldas. Ganondorf, sad as it is to say, fits to the same mold. But both are almost certainly initial roster.

If they had designed Ridley, clone or not, as initial roster, they would have swapped Metroid and Kid Icarus on the 3DS CSS, with Mac in a later row of the page. I don't see Ridley designed as a Charizard 'skin' then upgraded to 'clone.' Not in the same way Doc and Lucina are probably, and Pittoo might be (in fact, if Pittoo was the only new 'clone' planned from the start, it explains Mac being in that row when a 'clone tier' was added).

There are a lot of variables to juggle, but none of them really favor Ridley. And I wish they did.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Does anyone have a list of the leaked stages? I see the screens but I can't make out what the icons are supposed to be and I'd like to know what the community thinks they are.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
Guys, has a thread about characters speculated by the list of music artists involved in SSB4 been made yet? I mean, you know that if you want music for mario characters, you have the mario music team, same with zelda, same with pokemon, and so on.

But there are some music artists in the list (found in the official smash website btw) that are from games we haven't got characters in smash at all......yet. For example, we have music artists from : Xenoblade chronicles (already confirmed a few days ago , how convinient! ), Chrono trigger, "Tales of" series (I smell Lloyd being possible there...), Kh series, Final fantasy crystal chronicles, Metal gear solid 4, and way more music artists from other games....

So here is my theory: we wouldn't get Xenoblade chronicles music if we didn't get a character from such game, but we did, so what about the rest of music artist being listed? could they be a hint for possible characters? As i said, i dont know if people have talked about this already because i looked in the search thing but didn't find anything, so i wanted to know what you guys think. Peace.

Zango

Smash Apprentice
Guys, has a thread about characters speculated by the list of music artists involved in SSB4 been made yet? I mean, you know that if you want music for mario characters, you have the mario music team, same with zelda, same with pokemon, and so on.

But there are some music artists in the list (found in the official smash website btw) that are from games we haven't got characters in smash at all......yet. For example, we have music artists from : Xenoblade chronicles (already confirmed a few days ago , how convinient! ), Chrono trigger, "Tales of" series (I smell Lloyd being possible there...), Kh series, Final fantasy crystal chronicles, Metal gear solid 4, and way more music artists from other games....

So here is my theory: we wouldn't get Xenoblade chronicles music if we didn't get a character from such game, but we did, so what about the rest of music artist being listed? could they be a hint for possible characters? As i said, i dont know if people have talked about this already because i looked in the search thing but didn't find anything, so i wanted to know what you guys think. Peace.
That's just a list of the artist's working on the game's music, featuring the other games those artists have worked on previously.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
That is obviously Ridley's Brawl trophy.
I know. I was asking if that's the same render from the Ridley leak picture that was posted here earlier. I was trying see if it could help us prove/disprove that leak.

EDIT: :4greninja:'d

Last edited:

Rakath

Smash Ace

The music listed is 'best known thing related to the creator' not 'music actually in the game.' It's rather unhelpful as far as speculation is concerned. The only music revealed thus far are connected to a franchise already represented in the game (as a stage or character). And even then, we had Tetris music in Brawl, but no Tetris related characters or stages so there isn't anything to go on with that in mind either.

MrSirSteven

Smash Journeyman
Guys...is this the same render from that Ridley leak?

Edit: nvm. It's different.

A good point about the Palutena leak: just because the CSS was leaked, it doesn't mean Sakurai will start revealing everything one after another. Look how long it took for Palutena's reveal after her leak, which ended up being true.
Exactly my point, that image could go either way at this point and I'm pretty sure if we were all in Sakurai's shoes we would leave the best for last or in other words "The Big One".

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Hmm. This is the first intriguing thing I've seen on this thread for a week. I wonder how this has floated around unseen for so long and how nobody has found comps for the renders. The Palutena leak happened way before the reveal, so this wouldn't be unprecedented.
Except the Palutena "leak" wasn't real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom