• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
So I got a message from someone today that someone has leaked this onto deviantART and shows potentially leaked screenshots of Ridley's reveal trailer by user GoFennecFox. Not sure if the person wants me to post this but here's the image. Lets talk about this.

We know the drill by now guys. Time to start googling for renders. Haven't found anything yet. If this ends up being real, and the CSS really isn't the final roster, I would be overjoyed. Honestly, I recently conceded that Ridley will never be playable in a Smash game. I wouldn't know what to think.

One thing to note, it looks like he is in three different positions in these pictures. Three different renders?

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
We know the drill by now guys. Time to start googling for renders. Haven't found anything yet. If this ends up being real, and the CSS really isn't the final roster, I would be overjoyed. Honestly, I recently conceded that Ridley will never be playable in a Smash game. I wouldn't know what to think.

One thing to note, it looks like he is in three different positions in these pictures. Three different renders?
Good eye.
Those three renders are all different.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord

Because no one can make original renders of shoddy quality or anything.

Last edited:

JLU51306

Smash Apprentice

I would say that the second and third pictures are of a 3d model, polished, and slight shifted. At first glance, the first picture looks like a different pose at first, but mind the tongue.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
Wait a sec...
If the Esrb are in the US, And the game's rating was revealed on the 16th of June, That means that the leaked images were either taken then or in the previous weeks....
....Which would be 3 months before the US release date on October 3rd.
I'm almost certain this isn't the whole roster; An English copy wouldn't be nearly complete nearly 3 months before release with complete translated content. Not to mention that the second to last row has one missing slot, which would be AWFUL Graphic design.

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
That Ridley pose is atrocious. He looks like he belongs more in a Broadway musical than in Smash.
He also looks like a dog sticking his head out the window. If he usually does the lazy tongue thing, I've never seen it in any pictures or art.

JLU51306

Smash Apprentice
Wait a sec...
If the Esrb are in the US, And the game's rating was revealed on the 16th of June, That means that the leaked images were either taken then or in the previous weeks....
I'm almost certain this isn't the whole roster; An English copy wouldn't be nearly complete nearly 3 months before release with complete translated content. Not to mention that the second to last row has one missing slot, which would be AWFUL Graphic design.
That's... a pretty good point. :061:

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Wait a sec...
Maybe as much as 4-5 months, depending on how long the rating took.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Wait a sec...
....by the last 3 months, all characters should have been made.
At least, imo.
The roster was decided at the beginning of development. Years ago.

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
At least, imo.
We dunno how long it took to make the video, it could have lots of editing.
Or not, maybe I'm just talking out of my butt.

Spiderfog

Smash Cadet
NNID
Spiderfog
3DS FC
4425-1483-7986
Oh my god people.... seriously?

You're falling for that trash?

He's standing perfectly upright in each screen, same pose. Some joker either remodeled Ridley, or MORE LIKELY, took the model from Brawl, and rendered it nice and pretty from a few different camera angles

Go back and watch ANY OF THE OFFICIAL TRAILERS and you'll see the animators are much more talented. That is a dead-as-a-door-knob pose right there.

Holy ... please... respect yourselves... you're like fish to a lure

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
So, if all characters were made, would that mean they actually have time to fix the Ice Climbers and their 3DS issues?

That is, all characters being made is just a theory, so it's not like it really is true, even if it may be.....

Zango

Smash Apprentice
At least, imo.
I dunno, I think people take the whole "roster is determined at beginning of development" thing too far. I'm sure the team sits down and "determines" a roster, but with Sakurai's comments on Lucina/Chrom I think it may be a bit more fluid than we're led to believe; especially if you consider Sakurai's "I'll think about it" comment for Mewtwo and the fact that Sakurai's posted POTD's in which he's openly declared that the content showcased wasn't planned and was just kind of "spur of the moment" stuff.

Boy did it take such a not long time for a gif of that.

Last edited:

MrSirSteven

Smash Journeyman
So I got a message from someone today that someone has leaked this onto deviantART and shows potentially leaked screenshots of Ridley's reveal trailer by user GoFennecFox. Not sure if the person wants me to post this but here's the image. Lets talk about this. Credits to CrouchingDeer who showed this to me.

I've honestly never seen these pictures up until CrouchingDeer showed this to me. I think it looks pretty cool tbh, but that's just me.

Spiderfog

Smash Cadet
NNID
Spiderfog
3DS FC
4425-1483-7986
So, if all characters were made, would that mean they actually have time to fix the Ice Climbers and their 3DS issues?

That is, all characters being made is just a theory, so it's not like it really is true, even if it may be.....
Leaker said this wasn't the final roster.

Sakurai talked about how they're having a hard time making them on the 3DS version because of Nana's AI, so they might be cut altogether. If they were in the final game, they wouldn't be unlockable...

Boy did it take such a not long time for a gif of that.
I had just watched the video the gif is from and thought of the "leak".

Laikue

Smash Cadet
NNID
Thatguylaikue
3DS FC
4356-1192-5913

Sakurai talked about how they're having a hard time making them on the 3DS version because of Nana's AI, so they might be cut altogether. If they were in the final game, they wouldn't be unlockable...
Tell that to Captain Falcon and Ness (Or Wario, Luigi, Sonic, and Captain Falcon if the Starting Roster leak is our starting roster). Unlockable Status can change ya know. Icies being late unlocks could be a reference to them being finished late. This is all wishful thinking though....

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
That Ridley pose is atrocious. He looks like he belongs more in a Broadway musical than in Smash.
In fairness, when Wolf got leaked before Brawl, people thought his render was so sloppy and ugly that they were ready to discredit the entire leak...which ended up being the real CSS and the real Wolf render. So I'm not sure how a character looks should ever discredit a leak.

That being said, anything coming up with anything to discredit the Ridley leak? Like I said, it looked originally like three different renders to me. But I can't find anything that looks like those pictures.

Ridley in Brawl for comparison purposes:

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman

I had just watched the video the gif is from and thought of the "leak".
Leaker is also not fully reliable. And there have been many leakers of even this same leak. Which one said it, exactly? We really can't say with complete confidence that this is not the final roster. Earlier I remember you posting a picture of MasterLink saying it's not the final roster, but he is one of the people who has been unreliable in the past (even if it may not be his fault entirely) and I don't think he has any more claim to a direct line of connection to the original NoA employee leaker than anyone else.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Confirmation on deconfirmation.
"GoFennicFox" created this and posted it on DeviantArt.

http://gofennecfox.deviantart.com/art/Ridley-Leak-LOOMS-BIG-Real-or-Fake-479238001

Be sure to look at his other work. :p
I thought he was posting it to ask if it was real? That being said, I still think it's fake. Honestly, it's a really really well done fake if it isn't real. And I can't find any renders of Ridley looking like that. Closest would be the Brawl render but even that has differences. Still, something looks off. Maybe it's because it still looks like three separate renders to me.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
If you ask me, I say we've been going in circles.

I'm pretty sure I saw that same tree branch for the 40th time. I knew you guys should have asked for instructions!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Looks like Toon Link
Yeah, I can how it would be Toon Link now. It just seems like the character is riding something, but since it's fake, I guess it doesn't matter....

I actually saw that picture before and thought I saw someone say it was fake on this thread, but I didn't remember exactly if it was actually on this thread....

-Actually, I may have seen that on the Chorus Men thread. Nevermind.

Last edited:

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
If you ask me, I say we've been going in circles.

I'm pretty sure I saw that same tree branch for the 40th time. I knew you guys should have asked for instructions!
I actually think it's pretty funny that the Ridley picture is being ignored. Everybody assuming it's fake because it's Ridley. I mean...I think it's fake too...but still.

MrSirSteven

Smash Journeyman
I actually think it's pretty funny that the Ridley picture is being ignored. Everybody assuming it's fake because it's Ridley. I mean...I think it's fake too...but still.
I agree, what exactly makes this "fake". Never seen these Renders before nor we haven't seen this yet on the fourms up until today I'm pretty sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom