• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
*reworded my entire post to elaborate better*

I don't think it would be wise to reveal everything from the character roster just because of the leak.

After all, the stages were leaked too. Going by the reasoning of revealing everything just because of the leak... that'd mean he'd have to reveal the stages too. There is simply not enough PoTDs for all of the stage and character reveal content before the launch.

He's not going to reveal everything early. And as we all know PoTDs aren't all about just the characters. So the idea of him just focusing on revealing characters all of a sudden doesn't make sense with the mindset he has.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
If Sakurai were to reveal all the characters in the remaining days, he would've already revealed a bit more by now. I mean, if he's going to reveal the characters like this then he might as well reveal all the stages too (which would require more PoTDs, which he doesn't have enough time for). And plenty of those were not officially announced or explained. And as we all know PoTDs aren't all about just the characters.
There's always the chance that he could update us multiple times in one day.
Perhaps throw in a stage for some of the characters revealed.

Last edited:

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
So this was revealed on the E-shop as the starting roster correct?

https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net...049_719061101463379_4772306990671225288_n.jpg

Look at it, there's once thing you'll probably notice about it. Every single character in the starting roster has been shown on the website, except for Lucina. Lucina has been the only unlockable character Sakurai has shown, meaning thats why we have not seen Wario, Falco, Jigglypuff, Ganon, Ness, DHD, ROB, ect. Because they are unlockable characters. With that said, I think its safe to say we will not be getting any more newcomers or vets until after the Japanese release of the game, and they will most likely be spoiler filtered like they were on the Brawl website.

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
Donkey Kong deserves another rep more than the Zelda series, and is probably more likely to receive one between the two.
But like I said, I have reasons to believe there will be a new Zelda and Metroid rep. DK deserving a new rep more isn't a reason, that's just vague speculation.
Fair enough. :p It just seemed like the difference in characters per line needed an explanation and I figured that could be it. I don't exactly know much about the way the hardware works. :p
Has nothing to do with hardware. That starting roster is 8x5, since the slots are pretty much square it is only logical that when the pictures shrink to make place for more characters, a new row and column would naturally form making the 9x6 roster the leak has.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
So this was revealed on the E-shop as the starting roster correct?

https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net...049_719061101463379_4772306990671225288_n.jpg

Look at it, there's once thing you'll probably notice about it. Every single character in the starting roster has been shown on the website, except for Lucina. Lucina has been the only unlockable character Sakurai has shown, meaning thats why we have not seen Wario, Falco, Jigglypuff, Ganon, Ness, DHD, ROB, ect. Because they are unlockable characters. With that said, I think its safe to say we will not be getting any more newcomers or vets until after the Japanese release of the game, and they will most likely be spoiler filtered like they were on the Brawl website.
In this case, Lucina should not have been revealed as playable in Robin's trailer~
....but she was.

Didn't Sakurai say that every newcomer will get a reveal trailer or something along those lines?
he did. :p

Last edited:

Naoshi

Wario is probably going to be the first character in the series who gets downgraded/upgraded (however you see it) as a secret character while debutting in the series as a starter. I mean, we have Ness and Falcon who became starters and then unlockable again, but they were unlockables since their debut game. Meanwhile Wario debuted as a starter... and now he becomes an unlockable for this game if what we assume is really the case.

Just so weird when you think about it lol

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
Didn't Sakurai say that every newcomer will get a reveal trailer or something along those lines?
It's very much possible that the secret newcomers will get their cutscenes in the build up to the WiiU release. By that time they wouldn't be real spoilers anymore.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
In this case, Lucina should not have been revealed as playable in Robin's trailer~
....but she was.
It's quite possible she was a late addition. The Robin trailer may have been made prior to her inclusion as a full roster slot. It would explain why her confirmation screen was more abrupt than all the others we've seen.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Wario is probably going to be the first character in the series who gets downgraded/upgraded (however you see it) as a secret character while debutting in the series as a starter. I mean, we have Ness and Falcon who became starters and then unlockable again, but they were unlockables since their debut game. Meanwhile Wario debuted as a starter... and now he becomes an unlockable for this game if what we assume is really the case.

Just so weird when you think about it lol
It's also noteworthy that if Luigi does indeed become a starter this time around, Jigglypuff will have been the only character in the game to have been an unlockable character in all 4 games.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
It's quite possible she was a late addition. The Robin trailer may have been made prior to her inclusion as a full roster slot. It would explain why her confirmation screen was more abrupt than all the others we've seen.
If she was a late addition, it makes more sense for her not to have been included in a trailer at all.

...that is...assuming trailers are made early in development.

Last edited:

Naoshi

Well... Let's all agree to disagree and just wait for the PoTD then. I feel we're just going in circles now, to be blunt.

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
Well... Let's all agree to disagree and just wait for the PoTD then. I feel we're just going in circles now, to be blunt.
You new here? LET THE NEXT CYCLE BEGIN!

Only 12 days till the Japanese release, I wonder if we'll get to see the full roster leaked before release because of early copies.

Rocksmasha

Smash Cadet
Mewtwo is my seriously most wanted returning vet. It felt so odd without him in Brawl. Here's hoping he seriously comes back!
Mewtwo is my most wanted character period no newcomer or veteran could make me more hype then Mewtwo.

Naoshi

You new here? LET THE NEXT CYCLE BEGIN!

Only 12 days till the Japanese release, I wonder if we'll get to see the full roster leaked before release because of early copies.
Naw but it wouldn't hurt ending the argument on that note.

I'm really expecting early copies getting leaked a bit. Possibly 2 or 3 days before the official release!

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I might just grab a torch and pitchfork if he doesn't return.
I might just never trust Sakurai with deciding on a roster selection ever again.
Seriously though,
Adding Dr. Mario but not Mewtwo? That's pretty messed up stuff.

Last edited:

Naoshi

I blame time restraints

I really blame SSE. Painfully boring mode with crap level design and a boring world, yawn. Should've just used up all that dev time for additional stages and characters. So many franchises left with 1 new stage in Brawl... :/

JLU51306

Smash Apprentice
I believe Sakurai knows of the high-demand for Mewtwo. Whether or not he acknowledges it in the form of a character slot is anyone's guess...

Sakurai, please...

MM3K

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM3000
3DS FC
3308-4705-1012
I blame time restraints

I really blame SSE. Painfully boring mode with crap level design and a boring world, yawn. Should've just used up all that dev time for additional stages and characters. So many franchises left with 1 new stage in Brawl... :/
That's a real complain, though come Smash 5 I don't doubt they'll be people blaming the 3DS version of Smash 4 for missing characters or stages... food for thought I guess.

Evello

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TinyTinyHippo
3DS FC
0473-7825-0053
I might just never trust Sakurai with deciding on a roster selection ever again.
Seriously though,
Dr. Mario and Mewtwo should not be compared. Dr. Mario is a clone who was probably upgraded form an alt costume. Which means he was already modeled and rigged and would take hardly any time to separate into his own character. Mewtwo, on the other hand, is totally unique, bearing only slight resemblance to Lucario. He would take way more time to model, rig, animate, balance, etc. Sakurai said after Melee that they had to decide between all the Melee clones and one new character. So be glad Dr. Mario is there. It was him or nothing.

All that said, I don't really care for Mewtwo, but I was hoping he might return to satisfy his (apparently very large) fanbase.

Chihiro Fujisaki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KnightOfSpace
Warning Received
like i said, mewtwo i dont care much about for myself anyways, for others i really want him in so people can be happy

Dr. Mario and Mewtwo should not be compared. Dr. Mario is a clone who was probably upgraded form an alt costume. Which means he was already modeled and rigged and would take hardly any time to separate into his own character. Mewtwo, on the other hand, is totally unique, bearing only slight resemblance to Lucario. He would take way more time to model, rig, animate, balance, etc. Sakurai said after Melee that they had to decide between all the Melee clones and one new character. So be glad Dr. Mario is there. It was him or nothing.

All that said, I don't really care for Mewtwo, but I was hoping he might return to satisfy his (apparently very large) fanbase.
i love how we posted at the exact same time and we both want the same thing for mewtwo

Last edited by a moderator:

Naoshi

That's a real complain, though come Smash 5 I don't doubt they'll be people blaming the 3DS version of Smash 4 for missing characters or stages... food for thought I guess.
It's actually kind of why I am a bit concerned about the split. But considering Wii U version comes later and there's DLC possible, I am not too worried for the Wii U version. It seems the 3DS version is a bit compromised though... that Stage roster looks fairly weak in terms of representation. But maybe DLC will fix that too.

On the flipside though, the 3DS version will likely be very fun and something many of us can come back to, so that justify it's existance. Whereas SSE is a really boring mode that we'll just play once and never touch it again; I really wonder what got them into thinking it was a good idea to include stickers all over the place in regular modes. lol

I think another seemingly great thing about the 3DS version is Smash Run. I hope it's real fun.

Last edited:

Agualitos

Smash Apprentice
Seriously though,
Honestly Sakurai's rosters aren't that bad. He has crazy decisions, but if it weren't for his ideas on what characters would make it in have of the smash fans wouldn't even know about certain characters! Franchises, such as fire emblem wouldn't be as well known.

Yeah adding Dr. Mario over Mewtwo is kinda hard to understand but remember
1) There still may be more characters
2) DLC MAY be possible
3) Sakurai's rosters have made us come to love so many characters who may never have been appreciated like they are now.

The clones are are a little weird, but honestly Sakurai's rosters aren't crazy and I would trust him again. They aren't that bad, just a little "unusual", and in the end they always work out :D

MM3K

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM3000
3DS FC
3308-4705-1012
It's actually kind of why I am a bit concerned about the split. But considering Wii U version comes later and there's DLC possible, I am not too worried for the Wii U version. It seems the 3DS version is a bit compromised though... that Stage roster looks fairly weak in terms of representation.

On the flipside though, the 3DS version will likely be very fun and something many of us can come back to, so that justify it's existance. Whereas SSE is a really boring mode that we'll just play once and never touch it again; I really wonder what got them into thinking it was a good idea to include stickers all over the place in regular modes. lol
Yeah, I guess you're right, it really does seems as if the 3DS version and it's features (especially Smash Run) will be much more fun than most things from Brawl, if only for the lack of random tripping :V

Naoshi

Yeah, I guess you're right, it really does seems as if the 3DS version and it's features (especially Smash Run) will be much more fun than most things from Brawl, if only for the lack of random tripping :V
Not only lack of tripping but better speed too! And despite my disappointment with what seems to be the leaked stage roster, the stages themselves looks far more well designed overall (unlike Brawl where a good half of the stages were terrible). And I'm pretty glad I'm not seeing any of the bad Brawl levels to be returning in this version. Phew.

Last edited:

MM3K

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM3000
3DS FC
3308-4705-1012
Not only lack of tripping but better speed too! And despite my disappointment with what seems to be the leaked stage roster, the stages themselves looks far more well designed overall (unlike Brawl where a good half of the stages were terrible). And I'm pretty glad I'm not seeing any of the bad Brawl levels to be returning in this version. Phew.
Yeah, overall the 3DS version itself is shaping up to be better than Brawl in most regards, and is portable to boot! Oh man, I can't take it, this wait is killing me

Naoshi

With all of that said, I'd LOVE to see Pokefloats come to Wii U version, but in regards to the leak, it seems every returning Melee stage came from Brawl. I hope its just a coincidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom