• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kylexv

Smash Master
Copied and pasted from the Roster Prediction Display Thread:

This is what I think is the best case scenario. This will also be my final predictions unless something groundbreaking comes up.

New characters:

Mewtwo: It just feels strange that Sakurai would bring back Dr. Mario without Mewtwo. There's also the fact that he mentioned him waaaaaaaaaaaaay back at E3 2013, at the Pokemon X/Y roundtable.

Chorus Men: Many different leaks support their inclusion, including the once prevalent Gematsu Leak. 9/11 of the characters in that leak are in the game, so the Chorus Men will probably get in too if there are more characters.

Waddle Dee: The most controversial of these five. Waddle Dee was added because every other Star Fox character was basically deconfirmed (Wolf likely cut, Krystal a trophy, Slippy in his Arwing, etc.), so a Kirby Character was the only choice to even out the roster. Waddle Dee is definitely the most likely out of all the other Kirby characters.

DA CLONES:

Dixie Kong: I've said it many times and I'll say it again, DKC NEEDS a newcomer. However, a non-clone DK character could not fit without messing up vaanrose's rule, so that leaves K. Rool out of the question (sadly). So if there's a new DK character, they MUST be a clone. Dixie is the perfect candidate, replacing Diddy's tail attacks with hair attacks, making her gun shoot gumballs, and giving her a new Up-B similar to Donkey Kong's.

Impa: The most likely clone after Dixie, due to her recent burst of relevancy in the Zelda series. She could easily be a clone of Sheik, as her body shape is similar. It also gives the Zelda series a newcomer.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
Just a small observation. If we look at the leaked stage roster you'll see that it has been carefully organised so that there is no space left on the grid. With the characters however there is still five spaces free. It's not as if it's impossible to make a block with no space for this roster, the roster itself could have been 7x7 for example, and if you add Mii Fighters it could be 10x5. The fact that it's specifically 9x6 leads me to come to the conclusion that there is still more to come.

And before you say it, one thing we learnt from the Mario Kart 8 DLC was that even if a character roster is a complete blockwith no room, that can still be swapped around to support additional spaces.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Yeah, we already have Toon Link and Ganondorf, it'd be incredibly disappointing if Zelda's new rep is another clone.

SSBBphenom

Smash Cadet
NNID
SSBBphenom
3DS FC
3368-3003-7322
Have people already called bs on the supposed Wii U CSS pictures and the November 25th release date?

MrSirSteven

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, we already have Toon Link and Ganondorf, it'd be incredibly disappointing if Zelda's new rep is another clone.
If Impa's the next character for a Zelda Rep, brace yourselves for a Sheik clone. ;_;

Last edited:

Spiderfog

Smash Cadet
NNID
Spiderfog
3DS FC
4425-1483-7986
I made a roster based on the Leak we have come to accept as truth, and the one with the 'unconfirmed five.'

Until further notice, this will be my final prediction.

View attachment 23677

Thoughts on if this was our final roster, as the Ridley/Impa/Mach Rider leak suggests?

EDIT: Re-added Little Mac. Whoops.
The Impa & Mach Rider rumor was debunked. And the one with Mewtwo, Dixie, and Ridley didn't use the Dr. Mario portrait from the CSS Leak.

Sorry to pretty much everyone on this thread, but I'm gonna have to jump into the Ridley's too Big for Smash Boat. I can see Mewtwo, but I highly doubt it.

Dixie's believable though.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Considering the trophy-newcomer theory is it likely that 2 of remaining characters are new metroid and zelda characters?

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
I actually don't think that the black space on the leaked CSS means a great deal with regards to hidden characters. :ohwell: Comparing these two images:

- Leaked roster
- eShop roster

The leaked roster has 9 characters per line and the eShop roster has 8 characters per line. This is probably the difference between the 3DS XL and the standard 3DS and could potentially explain why the leaked roster doesn't fill the space.

Last edited:

Spiderfog

Smash Cadet
NNID
Spiderfog
3DS FC
4425-1483-7986
I actually don't think that the black space on the leaked CSS means a great deal with regards to hidden characters. :ohwell: Comparing these two images:

- Leaked roster
- eShop roster

The leaked roster has 9 characters per line and the eShop roster has 8 characters per line. This is probably the difference between the 3DS XL and the standard 3DS and could potentially explain why the leaked roster doesn't fill the space.
The eShop roster link is broken. :p

Also, there wouldn't be a difference between it on the XL and 3DS. The screen would just be smaller, making the CSS' smaller. They'd still be in the same spaces.

Last edited:

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270

- Leaked roster
- eShop roster

Screen size difference of the regular 3DS and the 3DS XL means nothing. They're the same resolution. Every 3DS game appears the same on each system, the 3DS is just spread out a little more.

SSBBphenom

Smash Cadet
NNID
SSBBphenom
3DS FC
3368-3003-7322
First I've heard of it.
I was just searching for any new PAX info and a few sites are spreading it around. I've found some people debunking the CSS though. Seems everybody keeps using bits of that recreated roster for certain characters. It looked kind of cool, but I figured it was shady, showing locked slots between unlocked characters.

As for the date I don't know where it originated but people and sites are spreading that around claiming it slipped out of PAX. To me November 21-25 makes sense, but since I can't find anything concrete i'm not getting my hopes up...

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
Screen size difference of the regular 3DS and the 3DS XL means nothing. They're the same resolution. Every 3DS game appears the same on each system, the 3DS is just spread out a little more.
Fair enough. :p It just seemed like the difference in characters per line needed an explanation and I figured that could be it. I don't exactly know much about the way the hardware works. :p

WT!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WT_Smash
3DS FC
4597-0015-7814
Switch FC
SW-3650-7945-8401
I believe the leak because it makes sense for Blue Toad to be the default, as he appeared in NSMB and SM3DW. Also, "final" probably refers to the fact that the image was obviously cropped as to get rid of the TV frame, and therefore had to be edited several times.

Spiderfog

Smash Cadet
NNID
Spiderfog
3DS FC
4425-1483-7986
I was just searching for any new PAX info and a few sites are spreading it around. I've found some people debunking the CSS though. Seems everybody keeps using bits of that recreated roster for certain characters. It looked kind of cool, but I figured it was shady, showing locked slots between unlocked characters.

As for the date I don't know where it originated but people and sites are spreading that around claiming it slipped out of PAX. To me November 21-25 makes sense, but since I can't find anything concrete i'm not getting my hopes up...
Can we hear what those theories on debunking the CSS Leak are, though? I'm kinda curious.

I believe the leak because it makes sense for Blue Toad to be the default, as he appeared in NSMB and SM3DW. Also, "final" probably refers to the fact that the image was obviously cropped as to get rid of the TV frame, and therefore had to be edited several times.

He's not properly on the ground and he's running southeast instead of just east.

Look at this and tell me that Toad wasn't cropped from 3D World.

Last edited:

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
Can we hear what those theories on debunking the CSS Leak are, though? I'm kinda curious.

He's not properly on the ground and he's running southeast instead of just east.

Yeah anybody with knowledge of photo editing can tell that this is faker than Charlie Sheen's dreams.

WT!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WT_Smash
3DS FC
4597-0015-7814
Switch FC
SW-3650-7945-8401
I don't get the southeast thing, or the properly on the ground thing, and also it makes sense that they use a model similar to the 3DW one because it was his most recent game.

Edit: ninja'd, it also would be hard to fake that realistic looking dust. Maybe it's that I really want this to be real but it certainly doesn't look like an obvious fake to me. It could be fake, and probably is considering that the big N would probably take greater precautions after the ESRB leak, but whoever did this did a pretty good job if it's fake.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
That toad is obviously out-of-place.
Just imagine him running based on this picture.

Also, compare him to the other characters and the stage itself. He's much less blurry.

Last edited:

SSBBphenom

Smash Cadet
NNID
SSBBphenom
3DS FC
3368-3003-7322
Show us this CSS picture.

He's very clearly Photoshopped in lol but if they added a Toad along with Bowser Jr. & Rosalina/Luma that much Mario representation would likely piss everyone off.

Also I didn't have enough posts here to include links lol, pics incoming though.

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
I don't get the southeast thing, or the properly on the ground thing, and also it makes sense that they use a model similar to the 3DW one because it was his most recent game.

Edit: ninja'd, it also would be hard to fake that realistic looking dust.
His model's quality or appearance has nothing to do with him running southeast or his feet not being on the ground. He is turned at an angle so that his body looks like it should be running right and towards the camera, instead of just to the right, as it should be. If he was running and his body was angled that way, he'd run off the stage and start running into the camera at a certain point.

EDIT: @ SSBBphenom SSBBphenom you have enough now :)

Last edited:

WT!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WT_Smash
3DS FC
4597-0015-7814
Switch FC
SW-3650-7945-8401
I don't see it.

Spiderfog

Smash Cadet
NNID
Spiderfog
3DS FC
4425-1483-7986

Edit: ninja'd, it also would be hard to fake that realistic looking dust.
He's running southeast and the model doesn't look symmetrical with the other characters, and they wouldn't use that model for Smash.

The dust is also ripped from 3D World. This is coming from someone who 100%ed that game.

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
Hey guys is the question mark in the leaked roster supposed to a new character ??? I always just assumed it meant random, but the random icon in Brawl actually said "Random", while the locked characters had "?", so if i'm right then we know for sure this is not the final roster.

WT!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WT_Smash
3DS FC
4597-0015-7814
Switch FC
SW-3650-7945-8401
I'm still kinda bummed that you guys just immediately write off the Toad leak. I really wanted him to be playable, but if it's really obvious and I'm just wearing rose tinted glasses, then I guess I should accept it.

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
I'm still kinda bummed that you guys just immediately write off the Toad leak. I really wanted him to be playable, but if it's really obvious and I'm just wearing rose tinted glasses, then I guess I should accept it.
Sorry man, I dunno what else to tell you :s
It's just... it's fake. :(

SSBBphenom

Smash Cadet
NNID
SSBBphenom
3DS FC
3368-3003-7322
Let me guess, this was on KDramaStars? Or somewhere similar? Yeah, that's like 4 months old and the creator of it said that it was faked. KDramaStars keeps posting it as clickbait to gain revenue from their literal hundreds of ads.
Yeah when I traced it back to them I pretty much threw out any chance of it being real (however small that was to begin with). Some how the pics are resurfacing on a couple sites though, along with this November 25th Wii U version rumor. I think people may just be saying this crap came from PAX because of the roundtable/meeting info that nobody can talk about.

The Puffer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4485-1171-5786
I think this was a plan for us to speculate more, I mean, I don't think Nintendo would be THAT stupid to let all the game's stuff being leaked, plus, wasn't the Japanese version the one that is supposedly more advanced than the English one???

gamer8

Smash Lord

lol I hope that Toad wasn't a serious attempt at a fake leak because it's so funny

Last edited:

MM3K

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM3000
3DS FC
3308-4705-1012
Oh yeah, about that. Is there really a new build? I'm hearing there is and isn't.
They're using the E3 build in playable demos, and supposedly the closed press thing had the new and/or final build, again, for press only.

Last edited:

Pizzanigs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pizzanigs
Hey guys is the question mark in the leaked roster supposed to a new character ??? I always just assumed it meant random, but the random icon in Brawl actually said "Random", while the locked characters had "?", so if i'm right then we know for sure this is not the final roster.
Look at the character icons. Do they have names? There's your answer.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
He did it for Melee, he did it for Brawl, he'll probably do it again.
He's taken a different approach on this game in various different ways.
Regardless, I expect tonight's pic of the day to prove whether or not he's willing to reveal characters one after the other for next 10 days.
If we get a new character...great!
If not, I'll assume what you just said; we'll have to wait till after release.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom