• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
All I need now is just Mewtwo and the roster is complete for me. He's the only thing I'm worried about in the roster. Other than that, I'm pretty satisfied with the roster. My most wanted character in the series is in it! (Mega Man!)

D

Deleted member

I would like to point out that if Ridley was indeed supposed to be on the roster, Ridley should of been a prime candidate for the ESRB ratings regarding to any violence concerns. Big scary space dragons do that, you know. But that isn't the case.
I actually don't think that Ridley would do anything to increase violence so even in the hypothetical scenario the roster isn't final (which chances are we already know the full roster), Ridley could still technically be on it.

But yeah, I think Ridley is done for good this game. Supporters are going to have to accept that they will have to hope for next game to give them Ridley or make a high-quality mod for him in Brawl/SSB 3DS & Wii U.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
hm...it's interesting to note that we have 11 more characters that need to be revealed....with only 10 Miiverse pictures left.

We have: Dr. Mario, Bowser Jr., Dark Pit, R.O.B, Wario, Gannondorf, Falco, Mr. Game and Watch, Jigglypuff, Duck Hunt and Ness that are all still in that "unconfirmed" zone.

....how do you think Sakurai is going to get all these characters covered in such little time? Especially since we're possibly dealing with a few others that aren't even seen in the leak.
Perhaps we're looking at a potential huge trailer showing off tons of characters?
Thoughts, guys?

Last edited:

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
hm...it's interesting to note that we have 11 more characters that need to be revealed....with only 10 Miiverse pictures left.

We have: Dr. Mario, Bowser Jr., Dark Pit, R.O.B, Wario, Gannondorf, Falco, Mr. Game and Watch, Jigglypuff, Duck Hunt and Ness that are all still in that "unconfirmed" zone.

....how do you think Sakurai is going to get all these characters covered in such little time? Especially since we're possibly dealing with a few others that aren't even seen in the leak.
Perhaps we're looking at a potential huge trailer showing off tons of characters?
Thoughts, guys?
I can see Ness and Wario confirmed, but not everyone else until the game is out

Naoshi

He's more like to reveal them after launch like he did with every secret character (sans third parties in Brawl) in Brawl and even Melee.

Wario might get revealed real soon though, provided they don't weirdly decided to make him an unlockable.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I can see Ness and Wario confirmed, but not everyone else until the game is out
He's more like to reveal them after launch like he did with every secret character (sans third parties in Brawl) in Brawl and even Melee.

Wario might get revealed real soon though, provided they don't weirdly decided to make him an unlockable.
Do you not think that Sakurai would rather cover all his characters....rather then have them leaked by Japan?

Last edited:

Naoshi

Do you not think that Sakurai would rather cover all his characters....rather then have them leaked by Japan?
I doubt it. I mean, we got Shulk revealed because he's part of the what is assumed to be the starting roster, not because of the leak. (The japanese eshop video shown all the reveal characters sans Lucina in the CSS, so I sort of assume we're seeing the starting roster.)

Remember, Brawl's full roster was leaked and Sakurai was still posting the secret characters long after the launch

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I would hate to be 'that' person, but what evidence supports that there are no more characters?
I didn't rule out the possibility on more characters, hence "until we see someone completely new, from previous leaks or completely different". At the moment however, we haven't had much evidence on new characters aside from the ones in the roster shown. The release is already around the corner as well.

I'm just advising to not repeat the mistakes of the End-Brawl Dojo!!-era, where people also kept think there'd be more, but ultimately we didn't get a roster with Mewtwo or like in it. It's best to keep this mindset up rather than set up yourself for an ultimate disappointment at the very last moment.

I really, really wish Sakurai will prove us wrong and surprise us out. It'd be lose-lose to situation to all of us and him if he has nothing anymore to reveal for us newcomer-wise. So we'd better keep our eyes open, while holding on this roster being "the final one" so far until the release. Or if we get hopefully hype-filled curveballs.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I doubt it. I mean, we got Shulk revealed because he's part of the what is assumed to be the starting roster, not because of the leak. (The japanese eshop video shown all the reveal characters sans Lucina in the CSS, so I sort of assume we're seeing the starting roster.)
Then why would he show off Lucina??

Naoshi

Then why would he show off Lucina??
I don't even know. But then again he revealed Snake and Sonic despite them being secret in Brawl.

All I'm saying is, I doubt we're going to suddenly see him announcing more characters every day until the launch

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
It's the same reason we saw Dark Pit and Mr. Game & Watch; she fit the trailer concept. The only problem was that she was so integral that he couldn't really make it through without just confirming her presence.
He could of simply not done the part where it said;
"Lucina Wakes Her Blade!?'
...no one would of been sure if she was a character or not because of that, especially if they didn't show her fighting in the trailer.

Naoshi

I don't mean to sound rude but I'm sort of not understanding the point of this argument. Why are we exactly assuming Sakurai is going to reveal one character each PoTD starting from tomorrow? I mean... the leaks isn't going to suddenly change his plans to be this drastic.

Plus there is a chance that there's more to the roster than what we've seen. So it's a lot less likely Sakurai would give up and just reveal everyone.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I don't mean to sound rude but I'm sort of not understanding the point of this argument. Why are we exactly assuming Sakurai is going to reveal one character each PoTD starting from tomorrow? I mean... the leaks isn't going to suddenly change his plans to be this drastic.

Plus there is a chance that there's more to the roster than what we've seen. So it's a lot less likely Sakurai would give up and just reveal everyone.
It's just that I'm not sure he'd want Japan to have the benefit of showing off characters for him.
Isn't he trying to prevent leaks this time around?

Naoshi

It's just that I'm not sure he'd want Japan to have the benefit of showing off characters for him.
Isn't he trying to prevent leaks this time around?
Well, that would require a Worldwide release I believe. Besides, the rest of the roster reveal post-launch in JP wouldn't qualify as a leak.

Sakurai had no problems with revealing secret characters post-launch in Melee and Brawl. (IIRC, the Melee site revealed the secret characters after JP's release, the character reveals were even dated)

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Well, that would require a Worldwide release I believe. Besides, the rest of the roster reveal post-launch in JP wouldn't qualify as a leak.

Sakurai had no problems with revealing secret characters post-launch in Melee and Brawl. (IIRC, the Melee site revealed the secret characters after JP's release, the character reveals were even dated)
so you're basically saying the rest of the characters are going to be posted after Japan's release?

Naoshi

so you're basically saying the rest of the characters are going to be posted after Japan's release?
Basically, yeah! Maybe with an exception of maybe one or two... I'm going to assume Wario is going to be revealed very soon, I would be shocked if he's a secret character. Really surprised he hasn't been revealed by now

Naoshi

I just wanted to ask, did the leaker give a reason why he 'lied' about the DLC part? was it just to mess with us?
I think he has explained why he did that, I'll go find the post. But going by memory... basically, he did it to weed out the fake leakers that tries to feed off of his leak.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
I made a roster based on the Leak we have come to accept as truth, and the one with the 'unconfirmed five.'

Until further notice, this will be my final prediction.

Final SSB4 predictions Roster.png

Thoughts on if this was our final roster, as the Ridley/Impa/Mach Rider leak suggests?

EDIT: Re-added Little Mac. Whoops.

Attachments

Last edited:

Naoshi

Not sure i get that... how would that weed out fake leakers?
Because then he can reveal that he lied, making the fake leakers look dumb I guess.

It's kind of silly but I think that was his reason lol

Laikue

Smash Cadet
NNID
Thatguylaikue
3DS FC
4356-1192-5913
Anything new relating to the leak? I haven't been on much due to Labor Day.

Sayjin

Smash Journeyman

Ganondorf was actually confirmed in the direct or one of the commercials. There's a scene of him as the off-screen character in a battle against Pikachu.

Naoshi

Anything new relating to the leak? I haven't been on much due to Labor Day.
I think the leaker himself is pretty much gone and done. Our only hope for more leaks is someone breaking the street date, which is likely the week within of the release.

Ganondorf was actually confirmed in the direct or one of the commercials. There's a scene of him as the off-screen character in a battle against Pikachu.
Speed meant officially confirmed (and announced). Ganondorf's confirmation was an accident and they haven't said a word of that.

Last edited:

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
I think the leaker himself is pretty much gone and done. Our only hope for more leaks is someone breaking the street date, which is likely the week within of the release.
i'm pretty sure the next time we know something official and new is by the date the japanese game is released, or the week of release rather.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I know. xD The "unconfirmed" zone, is the zone I refer to when Sakurai has not mentioned them yet.

Naoshi

i'm pretty sure the next time we know something official and new is by the date the japanese game is released, or the week of release rather.
Yeah, that's pretty much what I'm saying. Sorry if that didn't sound clear enough.

Laikue

Smash Cadet
NNID
Thatguylaikue
3DS FC
4356-1192-5913
No...unfortunately.
Oh, what about that 4chan PAX "leak"? Did the OP ever admit to faking it? Last I was on the thread it was only being mentioned.

Naoshi

There was a PAX leak? I hadn't paid too much attention, I'll give it a look.

EDIT: Oh nvm. Thanks for the confirmation, Speed.

Last edited:

DairunCates

Smash Journeyman
That... doesn't sound at all like s/he's saying there's more characters. Honestly it just sounds like s/he's trying to avoid specifically saying that s/he knows for sure that there isn't.

1. Do we know this about the ESRB? I always thought they had to get all content to accurately rate. I guess it's less stringent than I thought if it's the case that they don't.

2. Well... I guess. Seems arbitrary because for as consistent as he is there's also some things such as the lack of names on the CSS that go against tradition.

3. It's possible that it was simply locked in that picture. The footage they get isn't taken from an actual copy of the game so, all the characters being unlocked in one part of the footage doesn't mean it is in all parts. Someone pointed out a weird thing with the trophies that shows this possibility, I'll try to find it. But I do still find it weird so I mean, this is actually what makes more characters most likely for me.

4. Like Gematsu? That's literally the only one other than these main ones, so I'm not sure "several" is the right word.

5. It's actually organized just fine if you ask me. Honestly people bring this point up as if the screen was entirely random but the only weird elements are the clones (kinda) and Shulk (kinda).
1. Yes. This is a known thing about the ESRB. If they had to review ALL content in a game and not just "the most controversial", the ESRB would never actually finish reviewing the hundreds of games that come out a year. Companies also choose what they send in. If Nintendo didn't want to show off the full roster, they didn't need to.

2. A lack of names seems to be a hardware limitation because of the size of the 3DS screen. There's no real design limitation here against a square. It's not a concrete solid proof, but if we had a CONCRETE solid proof, we wouldn't be speculating the roster isn't finished, we'd KNOW.

3. It's possible, but it leads credence to the idea, especially if the review copy simply didn't have all the characters unlocked, but they had to gather the footage from what they had.

4. People have mentioned it, but there's actually quite a few leaks here and there that have gotten this information right months ahead of time that weren't as heavily publicized as Gematsu. The Ninka leak is the big one out of these, but it's not the only one.

5. If you honestly compare it to how the previous games were organized, it's very hodgepodge. Series are broken up in these weird chunky segments instead of clean lines like they have been. It might be like that in the final product, but it's unlikely.

...And no. Of course none of this is 100% conclusive, but it IS a mountain of circumstantial evidence that points towards this not being the full roster along with none of the more likely leakers saying this roster is done. Similarly, the evidence for this BEING the full roster is significantly weaker as it consists of:

1. Your point that the roster looks fine
2. An advertisement that said "Over 40 Characters" instead of "Over 50" (Which is easily explained by the fact that advertisements don't usually announce exactly how many hidden unlockables a game has).
3. The leaker that lied about DLC saying it wasn't complete, and the argument that we should, therefore, take everything he said and believe the exact opposite instead of merely being highly skeptical of it.

Which is not nearly as convincing, honestly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom