• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaliskonig

Smash Journeyman
Is it possible that the last 5 characters and All-Star mode can be unlocked via spotpass? I remember someone saying that the leaker said he couldn't unlock the rest of the cast because they were date locked or something like that. Would be pretty cool if spot pass notifications went out after world wide release on a weekly basis. This keeps the world guessing on what other characters we will see but if this is the case, the characters would likely be on cart already and someone could data mine them long before. Imagine a Ridley fan waking up one day to receive a notification hinting at Ridley being unlocked Via spot pass lol. If this is the case I would assume the Wii U release would include the characters right at release an any further additions would be paid DLC.

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
guys i dont think mewtwo is going to get in, since there is already 4 confirmed pokemon + jiggs (not confirmed)
And we had 6 Pokemon in Brawl if you count Ivysaur, Charizard and Squirtle as seperate from the Pokemon Trainer. I don't see what you're getting at.

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman
I'm not a designer, but if this was the final roster, it would have been easy for designers to create a proper css like that :

Have NO EMPTY SPACE on the css, and for the random just add a touch combination like L+R.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
All I know is if Mewtwo is playable then I won't care at this point if there is any other secret unlocks.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
I'm not a designer, but if this was the final roster, it would have been easy for designers to create a proper css like that :

Have NO EMPTY SPACE on the css, and for the random just add a touch combination like L+R.
As wierd as it may sound, THATS my biggest factor in the hope for more characters, the fact that there are so many holes in the leaked roster and the unorganised look of it. Looks kinda like when you unlock SOME of the bottom row characters in Melee but not all, and in the end it looked organised even with the two empty slots.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
This is really my best case scenario for the final roster as of now.

This roster seems like a far away dream now... sigh.
My IC'ies, Lucas, Mewtwo and Wolf...
Just fit Isaac in there somewhere and we're gold.

I won't mind any other character as long as he is in. And won't care about any other secret unlock.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484

I never realized that, but it makes a lot of sense. Why would they leave blank spaces if they could arrange it like this?

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
I never realized that, but it makes a lot of sense. Why would they leave blank spaces if they could arrange it like this?
D
L
C

I mean, Mario Golf and Mario Kart of all things got DLC, and not just trivial DLC. They actually considerably expanded content in both games. The empty space isn't there for more characters in the final roster like people are saying. The empty space is there for character DLC.

At any rate, that's looking more likelier as of late. I mean, look at it logically. Every Smash game has had content that was cut due to time constraints. What if they're allowed to continue developing past launch to put that stuff in as DLC later? That makes the most sense to me, and seems the likeliest scenario.

Last edited:

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270

As wierd as it may sound, THATS my biggest factor in the hope for more characters, the fact that there are so many holes in the leaked roster and the unorganised look of it. Looks kinda like when you unlock SOME of the bottom row characters in Melee but not all, and in the end it looked organised even with the two empty slots.
I don't think that's weird at all. Most everyone waiting for this game agrees that the layout in the leak is bizarre, and almost certainly implies a few more characters. Vets, newcomers, we just don't know. It could be underwhelming, or there could be a treasure in there that totally blows us away.

Duck Hunt and Bowser Jr though, still can't get over how awesome a surprise those two are. I can't wait to see the dog in action, it's seriously been like a joke since 1999

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
D
L
C

I mean, Mario Golf and Mario Kart of all things got DLC, and not just trivial DLC. They actually considerably expanded content in both games. The empty space isn't there for more characters in the final roster like people are saying. The empty space is there for character DLC.

At any rate, that's looking more likelier as of late. I mean, look at it logically. Every Smash game has had content that was cut due to time constraints. What if they're allowed to continue developing past launch to put that stuff in as DLC later? That makes the most sense to me, and seems the likeliest scenario.
Maybe they are DLC characters, but they are more characters nonetheless!

Because the developers aren't forced to do so.

Hell, rosters being a perfect rectangle in fighting games is actually rare.
I know, but leaving the background black is a bit... odd? I don't know, if they aren't going to fill it in with characters, at least they could have added a simple background.

U.N.Owen

Smash Cadet

Also Shulk with the 3rd parties when you can obviously see that's in the row above there's just enough space for one more characters(Shulk for instance, if it was the final roster obviously.)

Exemple with my m4d Photoshop sk1lls:

Chrimbo

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3239-3537-7151
D
L
C

There is nothing to actively suggest those spaces are there for future DLC, it's just as likely they are slots for currently locked characters, if not more so when you take the All Star Mode being locked into account.

And on top of that, they wouldn't leave black cavities in the roster screen when they could make space as and when they need it. Nintendo would want to keep any DLC plans a secret, and leaving those spaces for anything other than attainable characters at launch doesn't add up.

Last edited:

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
Also Shulk with the 3rd parties when you can obviously see that's in the row above there's just enough space for one more characters(Shulk for instance, if it was the final roster obviously.)

lol'd. very nice

However, I do think Shulk belongs with the "eeeh not so much Nintendo" characters. Sakurai said "it took a lot of effort to bring Shulk to this game," which kind of implies there were some legal hoops. Xenoblade is loosely tied to games that originated on the Playstation, I'm sure it wasn't bread and butter like, say, throwing in Bowser Jr.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

dont forget that roster is missing the mii figthers

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
lol'd. very nice

However, I do think Shulk belongs with the "eeeh not so much Nintendo" characters. Sakurai said "it took a lot of effort to bring Shulk to this game," which kind of implies there were some legal hoops. Xenoblade is loosely tied to games that originated on the Playstation, I'm sure it wasn't bread and butter like, say, throwing in Bowser Jr.
That's not what it implies at all. Monolith Soft is a first-party developer, so Xenoblade is 100% owned by Nintendo. I think Sakurai was referring to the stance changes and the fact that Shulk is such a complex fighter.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
dont forget that roster is missing the mii figthers
There was a leaked screen showing you can select "Mii Fighters" OR "Characters"

It doesn't seem to have caught on like the CSS though. I'm not sure exactly how it'll play out, but it looks like they're getting their own menu before the fight.

edit: About Shulk, I guess I'm not really up on him, or his game, or the developer. I'll take your word for it, I'm really feeling it.

Last edited:
NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
lol'd. very nice

Uhhh... Shulk belongs more to Nintendo than any Pokémon.

EDIT: :4greninja:'d

Last edited:

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
There was a leaked screen showing you can select "Mii Fighters" OR "Characters"

It doesn't seem to have caught on like the CSS though. I'm not sure exactly how it'll play out, but it looks like they're getting their own menu before the fight.

edit: About Shulk, I guess I'm not really up on him, or his game, or the developer. I'll take your word for it, I'm really feeling it.
That leaked picture was for customization. You can tell because of the little wrench in both of the pictures.

U.N.Owen

Smash Cadet
Well you see my point.

I'd say we have 4 other characters:Wolf for sure, maybe Mewtwo since those two are the last unlockables of Melee/Brawl, and since I'm pretty sure Sonic/Pac-Man/Megaman are unlockable, hopefully Snake(call me a fool, but I can't give up just now) and finally a newcomer, hoping for a cool one like Ridley or a Zelda rep, but I'm pretty sure it would be another ****ty clone a la Dark Pit (can even be both: Impa the Sheik clone). and for the last slot remaining a DLC icon for previous cut (EVERYONE: Pichu, Young Link, Roy, Lucas, IC's, hopefully even Squirtle and Ivysaur, and why not Snake if he's cut).

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
In my head, the final roster should be like, the upper screen of the 3DS completely filled with the character portraits, no background space left at all.
And the rest of the features all crammed in the lower screen.

Last one doesn't look like the others. The last row can certainly use some re arranging.
I envision that black background dissapearing in favor of more faces.
Exactly why i think 5 more characaters are on it.

cwqy390

Smash Rookie
Warning Received
First of all, I decided to post directly to SmashBoards. Hope you all appreciate that. ;)
Recently, in the days after the ESRB footage leak, while you all were assuming not only that Jr and Shulk were newcomers and Ganon was returning, but that the leaked roster that accompanied the videos was also true. You thought that if the footage was real, then why not the roster?

Meanwhile, a friend "in the buisiness" if you will told me that he caught a glimpse of gameplay from a similar build of Smash Brothers (for Wii U) and saw Toad from Super Mario on the battlefield with Rosalina and Greninja (and without Peach). At first he thought this was an assist trophy, but as he continued to watch, he realized that Toad was indeed a playable character. He immediately took a picture and then began searching for other information that differed from the leak, and found some more. Rest assured, there are still plenty of pleasant suprises to be found in the new game. He was only able to get the single image of Toad and nothing else, as he thought that anything more would be too risky, and he didn't take a video because of what happened to the guy who did.

How can this be possible? You may ask. But see the thing here is that even he doesn't know. Maybe Toad had not been unlocked in the build that the ESRB leaker had. Maybe this was a slightly newer build. Maybe the ESRB leaker edited Toad out of the character select screen to throw off other leaks. (After all, he did say that he did add his own crap in order to disprove "fake leaks"). Who's to know? But this image looks pretty real to me and considering my friend's connections, it is not at all impossible that this is indeed legitimate. And don't over speculate this one. Before the videos were posted, many of you were skeptical about the roster because "Wario is missing a pupil" etc. But now all of you believe that. So before you call my friend a liar, think about possible tip-offs that this is photoshopped and then think about what could be the result of glare, cell phone image quality and the like, because he also said that when he saw the character select screen, (which he won't reveal since he wants to keep some things a secret) Wario had both of his pupils.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
First of all, I decided to post directly to SmashBoards. Hope you all appreciate that. ;)
Recently, in the days after the ESRB footage leak, while you all were assuming not only that Jr and Shulk were newcomers and Ganon was returning, but that the leaked roster that accompanied the videos was also true. You thought that if the footage was real, then why not the roster?

Meanwhile, a friend "in the buisiness" if you will told me that he caught a glimpse of gameplay from a similar build of Smash Brothers (for Wii U) and saw Toad from Super Mario on the battlefield with Rosalina and Greninja (and without Peach). At first he thought this was an assist trophy, but as he continued to watch, he realized that Toad was indeed a playable character. He immediately took a picture and then began searching for other information that differed from the leak, and found some more. Rest assured, there are still plenty of pleasant suprises to be found in the new game. He was only able to get the single image of Toad and nothing else, as he thought that anything more would be too risky, and he didn't take a video because of what happened to the guy who did.

How can this be possible? You may ask. But see the thing here is that even he doesn't know. Maybe Toad had not been unlocked in the build that the ESRB leaker had. Maybe this was a slightly newer build. Maybe the ESRB leaker edited Toad out of the character select screen to throw off other leaks. (After all, he did say that he did add his own crap in order to disprove "fake leaks"). Who's to know? But this image looks pretty real to me and considering my friend's connections, it is not at all impossible that this is indeed legitimate. And don't over speculate this one. Before the videos were posted, many of you were skeptical about the roster because "Wario is missing a pupil" etc. But now all of you believe that. So before you call my friend a liar, think about possible tip-offs that this is photoshopped and then think about what could be the result of glare, cell phone image quality and the like, because he also said that when he saw the character select screen, (which he won't reveal since he wants to keep some things a secret) Wario had both of his pupils.
That picture is obviously fake.

Chase

Smash Ace
Put it in the leak board, bucko. Also that Toad looks like it was taken directly out of Super Mario 3D World.

Thessbmzocker

Smash Apprentice

Isn't it strange? Greninja and Rosalina are so blurry. Toad is not that blurry. Guess fake.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
And don't over speculate this one. Before the videos were posted, many of you were skeptical about the roster because "Wario is missing a pupil" etc. But now all of you believe that. So before you call my friend a liar, think about possible tip-offs that this is photoshopped and then think about what could be the result of glare, cell phone image quality and the like, because he also said that when he saw the character select screen, (which he won't reveal since he wants to keep some things a secret) Wario had both of his pupils.

WT!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WT_Smash
3DS FC
4597-0015-7814
Switch FC
SW-3650-7945-8401
I don't know, it isn't official artwork, and maybe they used a model similar to Toad's design from SM3DW.

Also ninja'd. In response to the Ninja, it could be the camera-tv angle

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Well its not the final roster

Theres already empty spaces why would they fill them up with the same characters

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484

Holy crap that fake is so bad I can't even get myself to read what you've written. Sorry!

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
No, it implies that Shulk was harder to design then the standard character because of his Monado Arts.

He said similar things regarding to Lucario.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It hurts how fake it looks.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader

Well, at least you had a picture :p

...that being said, this looks incredibly fake, Toad stands out like a sore thumb, and why would it even be the blue one from NSMB instead of the more classic design? Or even captain Toad.

Thessbmzocker

Smash Apprentice

Well, at least you had a picture :p

...that being said, this looks incredibly fake, Toad stands out like a sore thumb, and why would it even be the blue one from NSMB instead of the more classic design? Or even captain Toad.
I agree on the fake part but it could be an alt for Toad. Because the blue and yellow ones got pretty famous because of NSMBwii and NSMBwii u ....

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
That toad is so poorly faked. It stands out like the an albino in the middle of the night. Seriously he looks like a foreground object. I give it a D- see me after class.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
First of all--
Haha, no.

-Toad's in higher resolution and clarity than Rosalina.
-Shading is obviously off, making him stand out more.
-Screen glare isn't really known for reflecting off of one object on the screen.
-Save Image As: "toad leak final". (Implying this has gone through several phases?)
-You tried.

Last edited:

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
not to forget to mention that toad looks incredibly less blurry than the princess. Fake 100%

Zango

Smash Apprentice
I also like how the image is called "toad leak final"; good thing that guy got to "quickly snap" enough pictures of it to justify calling it "final."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom