• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

fanboss2

Smash Apprentice
It's too bad we can't see the time under the all star screen and the css, then we would be able to tell if it's from the same video... *if any leaker see this message*

JLU51306

Smash Apprentice
Eh, I just don't see why they would bother to fill it in. You're meant to fill that whole screen.

Also, I don't get that so many people think it's ugly. I like all the pretty colors :colorful:
I'm referring to the black background on the bottom left and right-hand corners of the CSS, where no characters reside. It's just in every previous smash, there has always been a background (however simple), when this time around it's just black. Perhaps it's just because of the 3DS' screen size limitations...

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
I'm referring to the black background on the bottom left and right-hand corners of the CSS, where no characters reside. It's just in every previous smash, there has always been a background (however simple), when this time around it's just black. Perhaps it's just because of the 3DS' screen size limitations...
Oh, I misunderstood somehow. Yeah it is a little strange. I would think they'd just size it up instead, which is what they did in the end if that new starting roster pic is real. (Has that been debunked at all yet? I can't find it mentioned in this thread.)

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Didn't the leaker state that this isn't the final roster?
Yes. He also said we would have DLC and admitted to lying about it. Until we have solid evidence we kinda have to take his statement lightly.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Until we see even anything new to this leak, like unrevealed characters, it's most wise to take the CSS roster as the final one. I also suspect the All Star-mode being locked was just from some other point of the game included in the video. At the end, all people saying there'd be more characters are merely speculators at best, trolls at worst. None of us, including the leakers, have any idea what the rest of the roster consists.

It's pretty funny how history repeats itself though, with people arguing over something that is revealed at the end to be ultimate and final outcome. We've probably seen it.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
Honestly, the main reason I want the hype 3 in at this point is so that I don't have to sift through the pages upon pages of emotional backlash in the event that they're not in. I don't even care anymore. I'm too excited about what we already know to care. :grin:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Sakurai's talking at a Pokemon round table?
Back when Mega Mewtwo Y was revealed there was a roundtable for the then upcoming Pokemon X and Y. Someone asked if the new Mewtwo form would be in Smash. Sakurai was in the audience and said he was considering it.

fanboss2

Smash Apprentice
Back when Mega Mewtwo Y was revealed there was a roundtable for the then upcoming Pokemon X and Y. Someone asked if the new Mewtwo form would be in Smash. Sakurai was in the audience and said he was considering it.
Well he wasn't going to confirm Mewtwo or just say "nah one of the most requested character won't be in the game". And since the guys from the Pokemon Company didn't know what to say either, Sakurai just said that which is just a "maybe" because he couldn't say yes or no. IMO of course.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Yes. He also said we would have DLC and admitted to lying about it. Until we have solid evidence we kinda have to take his statement lightly.
Well, why not admit to lying about that too? I think there's more because both several leaks closely tied to Ninka, and I have a bit of faith in Sakurai. (No seriously, he claimed this would be the best roster yet, he'd know this isn't grand.)

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
Let's face it.

The roster that's been leaked is final. It wouldn't be logical for the ESRB to have only a majority of the characters, it would need them all for a comprehensive verdict on the rating.

Anything beyond that is wishful thinking and denial.

DLC is looking like a good prospect. Would also account for the extra space.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Comparing IC's problems with these characters doesn't quite work. The thing that makes ICs stand out in comparison to every other character, including Rosalina and Olimar, is that they use a very complex AI to control the second Climber, something the 3DS apparently doesn't support, at least not when it has to support four of those AIs at once. A big or wide model is no concern at all, someone like Ridley or Mewtwo would not cause these kinds of problems just because they have a somewhat complex character design, that could always just be dumped down like they've done with DK. Mewtwo was out-prioritized probably for the same reason he was in Brawl, that's very safe to say, and I'm fairly certain Ridley was never seriously considered, and if he was he was probably dropped in the conceptual phase.

I imagine we're at least going to see Mewtwo as DLC, so that's no biggie. Ridley though, not so much.
I don't think he was comparing there situation beyond just that technical issues could keep them out as well. Yes they could be dumbed down, but so could IC. But then they lose their novelty. Maybe it's the same for these characters. For all we know, he tried and tried and kept dumbing down until they weren't up to quality standards, or didn't feel that their final design was true to character or what have you. That said it is entirely possible he didn't due that and we will get these characters later as DLC or not at all. Being the games director is not doubt tough. Without having been in the roll ourselves who can say why he is making some of the decisions he is.

Last edited:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Well, why not admit to lying about that too? I think there's more because both several leaks closely tied to Ninka, and I have a bit of faith in Sakurai. (No seriously, he claimed this would be the best roster yet, he'd know this isn't grand.)
Actually, I'm not to sure he would know.

The instant I saw this roster (although I didn't take it as the gospel truth until the videos popped up) I knew it very much looked like the very kind of roster that Sakurai would create.

Sadly, that includes the lack of Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie Kong. I REALLY hope they are there, but the CSS leak roster as it is looks like a Sakurai roster, while the addition of Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie Kong looks like a fan's dream... It just seems too good to be true.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Actually, I'm not to sure he would know.

The instant I saw this roster (although I didn't take it as the gospel truth until the videos popped up) I knew it very much looked like the very kind of roster that Sakurai would create.

Sadly, that includes the lack of Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie Kong. I REALLY hope they are there, but the CSS leak roster as it is looks like a Sakurai roster, while the addition of Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie Kong looks like a fan's dream... It just seems too good to be true.
I was just hoping he would learn from Brawl to not release all of the good characters pre game, and leave only a few meh tier characters.

Still, it's really at least a 50/50 chance, without using bias. It could go either way.

Smash G

Smash Journeyman
Lets not face it. There's no way for us to know right now if the roster was final or if it wasn't. Trying to use your psychic powers will not help here. Anyone's guess is as good as anyone's else until there is some evidence. In the matter of text evidence, unless there's something else to back it like a history of leaks from that person or something you cannot really have a way of knowing what is true or not, so even if someone knew the whole roster right now or knew that this was all we're getting it's irrelevant because we have no way of verifying anything atm. Sakurai himself could troll us and post a full roster including Ridley but if he did it under a different name we'd never know it was truth.

So instead lets face the fact that we do not know and there's not enough evidence to say anything for sure about whether or not there's any additional characters. Any theories are trying to guess the reasoning that there may or may not be aren't evidence but guesses. Even if right they're just right guesses.

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
Wouldnt call it 'Psychic Powers', more logical inference.

I wouldn't be so arrogant to presume for sure this is the final roster, but I'd wager a fair sum it will be.

For the record, I hope I'm wrong

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
This is really my best case scenario for the final roster as of now.

This roster seems like a far away dream now... sigh.
My IC'ies, Lucas, Mewtwo and Wolf...

Xenorange

Smash Lord
Wouldnt call it 'Psychic Powers', more logical inference.

I wouldn't be so arrogant to presume for sure this is the final roster, but I'd wager a fair sum it will be.

For the record, I hope I'm wrong
It's understandable to come to that conclusion, I would honestly feel the same way of it weren't for that locked all star screen + many of the leakers saying it wasn't the final roster. At this point I'm 50/50 on the subject.

Last edited:
NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484

Replace Bandana Dee with K. Rool and Lucas with Ridley and we're good.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Replace waddle dee with Ridley

Lucas with dixie kong or king k rool

And ice climbers with either chorus men or mach rider

And last but not least sadly replace wolf with impa

Then your good.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I would like to point out that if Ridley was indeed supposed to be on the roster, Ridley should of been a prime candidate for the ESRB ratings regarding to any violence concerns. Big scary space dragons do that, you know. But that isn't the case.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Replace Waddle Dee with Dixie and it's good.
Replace Bandana Dee with K. Rool and Lucas with Ridley and we're good.
Replace waddle dee with Ridley

Lucas with dixie kong or king k rool

And ice climbers with either chorus men or mach rider

And last but not least sadly replace wolf with impa

Then your good.
2picky4me.

I'm still gonna be optimistic and hope for a few more characters. I'm really happy with the leaked roster myself, but stuff like Ridley would really complete it.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I would like to point out that if Ridley was indeed supposed to be on the roster, Ridley should of been a prime candidate for the ESRB ratings regarding to any violence concerns. Big scary space dragons do that, you know. But that isn't the case.
Well he was a boss in Brawl, yet Brawl's rating was still aimed 12+, same as SSB4. So I don't think this claims anything.

U.N.Owen

Smash Cadet

Replace Bandana by IC, G&W to Shulk move to the left and put Snake on Shulk's place. and you have a perfect Smash!
Or you could tighten up a bit to have the place to put a DLC icon for previous cuts and Ridley.

Pretty sure Ridley and even Mewtwo are gonna be DLC (if there's in), there's is no bette way to be rich as **** for Samurai, everyone is going to buy them for sure.

I'd buy them

Last edited:

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
Nothing hype happened at SDCC.
Could be Paulsen's way of gently bursting bubbles. Both events had tournaments. I wonder if the big deal is about a traveling/Best Buy/etc tournament to promote preorders or right after the game launches to sell copies.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
So, there might still be a possibility that the roster is not final?
It's just that it seems a little bit weird to me, not the absence of the Ice Climbers, but the way the characters are lined up. Shouldn't the rest of the clones be grouped with the other characters from their own series as well? That's how they were placed in Melee and Brawl after all. And besides, Sakurai likes to design his menus, the bottom part of the selection screen seems...messy. There is still space to fill out, so shouldn't the final roster look more rectangular shaped like in Brawl? Actually, the whole upper screen seems that is going to be dedicated to showing the characters' portraits while the rest of the features will be on the lower screen.

Could there still be a few more, that once unlocked will fill the entire screen and tidy up the roster in a more ordered manner? I admit this more of my own wishful thinking, but Sakurai LOVES his menus, dammit! Seems a little hard to believe for me that it's going to be left like that.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
By the way compairing the suposive starting roster to the leak

Im a little more confident ridley and mewtwo are going to be playable.

(Ps it just hit me its a eshop demo roster so i think the 3 third partys might still have to be unlocked but not jumping the gun though.)

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
In my head, the final roster should be like, the upper screen of the 3DS completely filled with the character portraits, no background space left at all.
And the rest of the features all crammed in the lower screen.

Last one doesn't look like the others. The last row can certainly use some re arranging.
I envision that black background dissapearing in favor of more faces.

Last edited:
In my head, the final roster should be like, the upper screen of the 3DS completely filled with the character portraits, no background space left at all.

Last one doesn't look like the others. The last row can certainly use some re arranging.
I agree, I think the top screen will be covered by the characters. It is very oddly shaped.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
The upper screen will end up being covered, whether is with characters still locked or with DLC, but we won't see an inch of black there.

ikemachine

Smash Apprentice

It seems like duck hunt dog should be shifted to either the bottom of rob or where ZSS is. which would kind of make sense if ridley and dixie/k rool are the game. If the rest of the leak is true with the added mewtwo and chorus kids mewtwo would actually force DHD to move and then add chorus kids next to shulk which would then move almost everything into place(besides the clones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom