• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chihiro Fujisaki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KnightOfSpace
if theres anything to learn from the palutena leak, its "if theres different renders that still doesnt mean its 100% real." its still probably worth looking at if theres different renders, but still it can be fake

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
you guys are missing my point about the music list. Why would we get music artists from such games involved for no reason when we would only need music artists from the game characters we are already getting? doesn't that smell fishy? i'm just saying, those artists could be a hint of what we could get. just saying

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
Except the Palutena "leak" wasn't real.
I'm only a casual observer and most of my information of leaks thus far has been constructed either a) retroactively or b)via GameExplain, so was the Palutena leak 100% debunked? Looking on Smash Wiki, it lists the images as purportedly fake, but doesn't say definitively that they were debunked.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
So, is there any indication that there's more characters yet? (besides the empty slots theory)
Unfortunately, no. Today there were leaks for Lucas, Chorus Mean, Ridley, and kind of Toad. Lucas and Chorus Men were proven fake. The Toad one needed no proving as it was laughably photoshoped. The Ridley one doesn't technically have anything proving it wrong as the render is nowhere to be found and it's really really well made. However, it's apparently several months old. Couple that with the fact that there was no Ridley on the CSS, and it's easy to brush that one aside too.

Zango

Smash Apprentice
you guys are missing my point about the music list. Why would we get music artists from such games involved for no reason when we would only need music artists from the game characters we are already getting? doesn't that smell fishy? i'm just saying, those artists could be a hint of what we could get. just saying
Because they're probably involved for the perfectly logical reason of making music. If I was making a game, I'd totally try to get the composer for FTL to compose the music for my game, even if it was nothing like FTL.

Good artists do good work, so even if the franchises they typically work with aren't in Smash, if they make good music, it makes sense to get them to help make music for your game.

Rakath

Smash Ace
And again, Tetris music without Tetris representation in Brawl means that evidence is less reliable than text leaks.

Several items listed in the previous works of the various arrangers on there are entirely out of scope for Nintendo to use, but those same artists might have other works closer to something in the game (like a stage, even if the music is not from the same franchise as the stage it might match the feel and aesthetics of the stage).

It's a non-starter.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Because they're probably involved for the perfectly logical reason of making music. If I was making a game, I'd totally try to get the composer for FTL to compose the music for my game, even if it was nothing like FTL.

Good artists do good work, so even if the franchises they typically work with aren't in Smash, if they make good music, it makes sense to get them to help make music for your game.
This. They are working on the game because their job is to make music for video games when somebody who is making a game hires them to do so.

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
Does anyone have a list of the leaked stages? I see the screens but I can't make out what the icons are supposed to be and I'd like to know what the community thinks they are.
From left to right:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Super Mario 3D Land
Golden Plains
Paper Mario
Rainbow Road
Mushroomy Kingdom
Jungle Japes
Gerudo Valley
Spirit Train
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Brinstar
Unknown Stage (Thought to be N's Castle)
Prism Tower
Corneria
Unknown Stage (Obviously F-Zero Related)
Arena Ferox
Tortimer Island
Game Boy
Reset Bomb Forest
WarioWare Inc.
Distant Planet
Boxing Ring
Unknown Stage (Rumored to be Eathbound's Magicant or Pink Cloud)
Living Room
Tomodachi Life
Unknown Stage (Thought to be Pictochat)
Find Mii
Balloon Fight
Flat Zone 2
Gaur Plains
Dr. Wily's Castle
Pac-Man Maze
Green Hill Zone

The bolded ones are the ones yet to be confirmed.

Last edited:

lavadeira

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1736-0917-9729
It only makes sense to hire monsters like Mitsuda and Shimomura to work in a game about games. It's not like "oh, let's ask KH composer to work in Pokémon".

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
It only makes sense to hire monsters like Mitsuda and Shimomura to work in a game about games. It's not like "oh, let's ask KH composer to work in Pokémon".
Yeah, Yoko Shimomura did an amazing job with Mario & Luigi: Dream Team's track.

Last edited:

Meta_Ridley

Smash Journeyman
The Pictochat-looking one reminds me of one of those things that tests your compatibility/love connection with someone else. Has Nintendo made anything like that?

lavadeira

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1736-0917-9729
Yeah, Yoko Shimomura did an amazing job with Mario & Luigi: Dream Team's track.
Amazing. I'm getting this game this month (September), by the way. Hard choice between Dream Team, A Link Between Worlds and Uprising.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I'm very dissapointed with you. You didn't use arguably the best song in the game.

I'm going to assume that's the final boss's song. I haven't finished the game yet... Thanks, Bowser.

Last edited:

Aeronite's Kiseki

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone have a list of the leaked stages? I see the screens but I can't make out what the icons are supposed to be and I'd like to know what the community thinks they are.
From the main ESRB leak? Yeah it's

Battlefield / Final Destination / 3D Land / Golden Plains / Paper Mario / Rainbow Road

Mushroomy Kingdom 1-1 (more than likely 1-2 as well) / Jungle Japes (Melee) / Gerudo Valley / Spirit Train / Yoshi's Island (Brawl) / Brinstar (Melee)

Unova Pokemon League / Prism Tower / Corneria (Melee) / unnamed F-zero stage / Arena Ferox / Tortimer's Island

unnamed Game Boy stage / Reset Bomb Forest / WarioWare (Brawl) / Distant Planet (Brawl) / Boxing Ring / unnamed Earthbound stage

Living Room / unnamed Tomodachi Life stage / PictoChat (Brawl/updated?) / Find Mii / Balloon Fight / FlatZone (Melee?)

Gaur Plain / Wily Castle / Pac-Maze / Green Hill Zone (Brawl) / Random Select / ???

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
With the CSS not showing Ridley, it's likely he isn't in. I do wonder though...Sakurai once said Ridley would be a challenge because he's too big during Brawl development, right? Or am I misremembering?

My question is...why? Sakurai's team themselves downsized Ridley to playable size for the Melee intro. We have seen many other characters downsized (Bowser, Mewtwo) or upsized (Olimar, Kirby), so size doesn't seem to matter in other cases. I wonder...perhaps Sakurai just doesn't like the character? Or maybe feels he doesn't fit. Sakurai isn't stupid, I'm sure he and his team are well aware of the rabid demand for Ridley as a playable character. So i'm wondering if it's just a personal preference that keeps his inclusion from happening, rather than the infamous size issue.

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
With the CSS not showing Ridley, it's likely he isn't in. I do wonder though...Sakurai once said Ridley would be a challenge because he's too big during Brawl development, right? Or am I misremembering?

My question is...why? Sakurai's team themselves downsized Ridley to playable size for the Melee intro. We have seen many other characters downsized (Bowser, Mewtwo) or upsized (Olimar, Kirby), so size doesn't seem to matter in other cases. I wonder...perhaps Sakurai just doesn't like the character? Or maybe feels he doesn't fit. Sakurai isn't stupid, I'm sure he and his team are well aware of the rabid demand for Ridley as a playable character. So i'm wondering if it's just a personal preference that keeps his inclusion from happening, rather than the infamous size issue.
There's only one real reason why...

:troll:
I'm going to assume that's the final boss's song. I haven't finished the game yet... Thanks, Bowser.
Dat guitar riff tho

Last edited:

Meta_Ridley

Smash Journeyman

Edit: The exact quote from an interview with Sakurai is this, "I think that would probably be impossible. [laughs] If we had put our best efforts into it, we may have been able to do it. But he might have been a little slow. Would that have been all right? [laughs]"

This is also the same interview where he said that an Animal Crossing character wouldn't work.

Last edited:

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
I said earlier that it was Ninka. And that's who I'm referring to.
On the contrary, Ninka has specifically said that the characters he leaked were all he knows about. He said that he and his friend agreed it was "possible" for there to be more characters, but that they actually believe it is more likely the final roster given how close to release the playtester was testing the build. So no, I'm fairly certain Ninka did not say that there will be more characters.

Jordo

Smash Apprentice
This week has been LEGENDARY for 4chan. First then mother of all smash bros leaks, and the mother of all naked actress leaks (including 60 pics of Jennifer Lawrence)? 4chan is definitely moving up the tier list.

Last edited:

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
ridley is better as a boss, lets deal with that already...
That's your own opinion, I could see ridley working extremely well as a playable character, along with the ridley thread here on smashboards,and it's true that ridley's an awesome boss But Still Ridley could probably work very well as a playable character.

Lord Goomy

Smash Apprentice

People always love to bring up the fact that Olimar is tiny in his game as evidence for Ridley, but this reallly makes no sense. Yes, while it is cannon that Olimar is very tiny, no one ever really views him as tiny, at least when playing his game. Since everything else is to scale with him he may be small, but he is never really seen as small. It's the same thing with Kirby. He has never been tiny compared to other characters in his games. Ridley, however, has always been huge, with exception to the original Ridley but that one isn't even comparable to the modern design. Bowser is also a bad example, as he has been huge as in games like Mario Sunshine, but he has also appeared to be much closer to Mario, such as in the New Super Mario Games.

I'm not trying to sound like a toobiggot here, because that is most definitely not what I'm going for. He could definitely be scaled down to a normal size like he was for the melee intro and still look awesome, but it just bothers me when people use Olimar as an example to support Ridley.

lavadeira

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1736-0917-9729

I think "too big" is a non-argument, but personally, as much as it would be a nice surprise like DHD and please most people, he just doesn't fit (read, fit =/= work) as a playable character. But then again, albeit being a huge supporter, I feared the same was applicable to Shulk.

Last edited:

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
That's your own opinion, I could see ridley working extremely well as a playable character, along with the ridley thread here on smashboards,and it's true that ridley's an awesome boss But Still Ridley could probably work very well as a playable character.
Not surprising coming from a guy with a Ridley picture. :/

I could see Ridley being one of those those slow brutes.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
From left to right:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Super Mario 3D Land
Golden Plains
Paper Mario
Rainbow Road
Mushroomy Kingdom
Jungle Japes
Gerudo Valley
Spirit Train
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Brinstar
Unknown Stage (Thought to be N's Castle)
Prism Tower
Corneria
Unknown Stage (Obviously F-Zero Related)
Arena Ferox
Tortimer Island
Game Boy
Reset Bomb Forest
WarioWare Inc.
Distant Planet
Boxing Ring
Unknown Stage (Rumored to be Eathbound's Magicant or Pink Cloud)
Living Room
Tomodachi Life
Unknown Stage (Thought to be Pictochat)
Find Mii
Balloon Fight
Flat Zone 2
Gaur Plains
Dr. Wily's Castle
Pac-Man Maze
Green Hill Zone

The bolded ones are the ones yet to be confirmed.
i find it strange that there isn't a kirby stage shown on the stage selection screen.

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
What time does the PotD usually go up? Does it usually go up on the Japan website first, and then appear on the U.S. site later in the A.M.?

08skidoosh80

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tyler80
3DS FC
3136-6615-9131
Switch FC
SW-5074-0505-2141
Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Did he ever call it "The Gameboy Stage?' Maybe it's just a Kirby stage based on the entire concept of playing that particular Game Boy Kirby game.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
This week has been LEGENDARY for 4chan. First then mother of all smash bros leaks, and the mother of all naked actress leaks (including 60 pics of Jennifer Lawrence)? 4chan is definitely moving up the tier list.
It's just 4chan doing what they do. Leaking **** and being scum. This week has been nothing new for them.

Last edited:

08skidoosh80

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tyler80
3DS FC
3136-6615-9131
Switch FC
SW-5074-0505-2141
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.