• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I believe that that Palutena image with Mario was real the whole time but people didn't believe so because of the "Black outlines" or something like that. People are going to do the same thing with that Ridley image until he's actually revealed, but who knows. I for one don't care as much but I would like him to be in. Then again who wouldn't.
No, I know which picture you're talking about. But Palutena's design differed in blatant enough ways that the majority consensus was that the "leak" was fake after all. And I believe that the popular opinion prior to E3 was actually that it wasn't easily debunkable with only a vocal minority claiming it was clearly fake.

At any rate I'll stop now, none of this has any real bearing on what you're saying (since all you are saying is that you personally feel the same way about both situations) I just felt really anal about it for some reason >.> Carry on.

Last edited:

MrSirSteven

Smash Journeyman
No, I know which picture you're talking about. But Palutena's design differed in blatant enough ways that the majority consensus was that the "leak" was fake after all. And I believe that the popular opinion prior to E3 was actually that it wasn't easily debunkable with only a vocal minority claiming it was clearly fake.

At any rate I'll stop now, none of this has any real bearing on what you're saying (since all you are saying is that you personally feel the same way about both situations) I just felt really anal about it for some reason >.> Carry on.
Well, we just have 12 more days to go and we'll finally put all this to rest.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
If she was a late addition, it makes more sense for her not to have been included in a trailer at all.

...that is...assuming trailers are made early in development.
That's exactly my point actually, if she was already in the trailer then they would have to rush out her confirmation card. Using this logic I also assume that Dark Pit was a very late addition too.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I actually doubt these trailers are made all that much in advance, so Dark Pit being teased could have been a perfect hint at the fact that, at that point, maybe they didn't even know if he was going to be put in or not.

Petrichor

Smash Apprentice
I actually doubt these trailers are made all that much in advance, so Dark Pit being teased could have been a perfect hint at the fact that, at that point, maybe they didn't even know if he was going to be put in or not.
This. It would explain perfectly why Lucina got a splash screen while Dark Pit didn't.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
It could work with the trailers being made way in advance too, as was my theory. He's an example of how it could play out.

March: Palutena and Robin trailers finished
June: Palutena Trailer with Dark Pit at the end
July: Dark Pit and Lucina added to roster
August: Trailer quickly modified to incorporate a screen for Lucina
Also August: Robin Trailer

You have to admit watching back that Lucina's screen is a lot more abrupt than all the others that we've seen. And the trailer would work just as well without the screen if you watch it back.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
It could work with the trailers being made way in advance too, as was my theory. He's an example of how it could play out.

March: Palutena and Robin trailers finished
June: Palutena Trailer with Dark Pit at the end
July: Dark Pit and Lucina added to roster
August: Trailer quickly modified to incorporate a screen for Lucina
Also August: Robin Trailer

You have to admit watching back that Lucina's screen is a lot more abrupt than all the others that we've seen. And the trailer would work just as well without the screen if you watch it back.
Not sure I follow on that. Lucina's screen didn't seem any different to me. Besides, she takes a prominent place in the trailer which means a lot of time was spent on making those sections. And the trailer would have already taken a good amount of time due to storyboarding, animation, getting all the game footage, voice acting, etc. Conclusion: Lucina has been in the roster since before July.

Last edited:

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
Not sure I follow on that. Lucina's screen didn't seem any different to me. Besides, she takes a prominent place in the trailer which means a lot of time was spent on making those sections. And the trailer would have already taken a good amount of time due to storyboarding, animation, getting all the game footage, voice acting, etc. Conclusion: Lucina has been in the roster since before July.
All three characters were in the game before the trailers were made IMO. But Chrom was a Final Smash and Lucina was a Marth costume. When Lucina got her own spot I think that they had to edit the trailer to add the confirmation screen.

Last edited:

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
All three characters were in the game before the trailers were made IMO. But Chrom was a Final Smash and Lucina was a Marth costume. When Lucina got her own spot I think that they had to edit the trailer to add the confirmation screen.
That is a lot of work for an alt costume.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Sakurai confirmed himself that Lucina was an alt for Marth until he was like "ey, she looks different enough, let's make her a clone!"
Yeah, but that's not something they did the week before the trailer went out. If Lucina's just a fancy costume there's no need to dedicate half a trailer to her. That'd mean a costume got more screen time than Douglas J. Imma-Falcon-Pawnch-You Falcon.

Assuming that the trailer was initially completed before Lucina was her own character, that means they:

Storyboarded a significant portion of the trailer around a costume, including the entire intro
Animated it (by the same studio that did Awakening in the first place no less)
Captured strategic gameplay footage of it (that is most likely of the character instead of the costume)
And Voice acted it

And that is, frankly, ridiculous.

Last edited:

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
Yeah, but that's not something they did the week before the trailer went out. If Lucina's just a fancy costume there's no need to dedicate half a trailer to her. That'd mean a costume got more screen time than Douglas J. Imma-Falcon-Pawnch-You Falcon.

Assuming that the trailer was initially completed before Lucina was her own character, that means they:

Storyboarded a significant portion of the trailer around a costume, including the entire intro
Animated it (by the same studio that did Awakening in the first place no less)
Captured strategic gameplay footage of it (that is most likely of the character instead of the costume)
And Voice acted it

And that is, frankly, ridiculous.
I'm pretty sure the cgi portion of the trailer was made way before gameplay was atleast put in, maybe recorded. I'm sure those cgi segments take a while to make compared to recording gameplay.

Yazla

Smash Rookie
Good day Smashboards,

I've lurked the forums for ages ( since... Brawl ), but decided to contribute a bit.

To me it seems people have already forggoten about the Smash Bros Direct that we had not that long ago! Remember, there were 4 "Trophy Quizes" in between it. They were:
  1. Fire Emblem - Tiki
  2. Kid Icarus - Pseudo Palutena
  3. Legend of Zelda - Fi
  4. Metroid - King Ki Hunter
Now, let's look at our character reveals!
  1. Fire Emblem Characters? Check
  2. Kid Icarus Characters? Check!
I think the trophy quizes were more of a direction of the series we should expect characters from, maybe the only trailers left are for characters in those series? Maybe the last 2 hidden characters are from Zelda and Metroid? Ofcourse this is speculation on my part, but for now, it holds 50% true, as 2 of them have already been proven to follow this pattern.

As always, I'll be keeping an eye on the boards, as I've always done, but I hope atleast this instills some hope into those who want to see Ridley playable.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Good day Smashboards,

I've lurked the forums for ages ( since... Brawl ), but decided to contribute a bit.

To me it seems people have already forggoten about the Smash Bros Direct that we had not that long ago! Remember, there were 4 "Trophy Quizes" in between it. They were:
  1. Fire Emblem - Tiki
  3. Legend of Zelda - Fi
I think the trophy quizes were more of a direction of the series we should expect characters from, maybe the only trailers left are for characters in those series? Maybe the last 2 hidden characters are from Zelda and Metroid? Ofcourse this is speculation on my part, but for now, it holds 50% true, as 2 of them have already been proven to follow this pattern.

As always, I'll be keeping an eye on the boards, as I've always done, but I hope atleast this instills some hope into those who want to see Ridley playable.
I don't really think anyone has forgotten considering how often it gets brought up.

Yazla

Smash Rookie
If it gets brought up often, I don't think I've seen it atleast in the last 30-50 pages of this thread at the very least, but my apologies if it's true.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
If it gets brought up often, I don't think I've seen it atleast in the last 30-50 pages of this thread at the very least, but my apologies if it's true.
This isn't particularly the thread to discuss it.

I personally believe that the trophies didn't hint at anything. The Smash Direct was about all things Smash, of course they're going to show off trophies for the sole reason that they're trophies.

That's just my opinion, however.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
Eh it's no worry. Most people don't mind revisiting old theories.

I personally thought that the Trophy Quiz Theory was ridiculous to begin with though, it was simply designed to break up the Direct a bit, not everything is a conspiracy. Just most things...

This isn't particularly the thread to discuss it.

I personally believe that the trophies didn't hint at anything. The Smash Direct was about all things Smash, of course they're going to show off trophies for the sole reason that they're trophies.

That's just my opinion, however.
Eh it's no worry. Most people don't mind revisiting old theories.

I personally thought that the Trophy Quiz Theory was ridiculous to begin with though, it was simply designed to break up the Direct a bit, not everything is a conspiracy. Just most things...
I disagree, I think the trophy theory could come true. Robin's theme played during the Fire Emblem trophy and we all know about Palutena's. Ridley's theme played during King Kihunter and Ballad of The Goddess with Fi's trophy, Impa teaches you the Ballad in Skyward Sword.

But anyway back on topic. Do you guys think any of the announced veterans we saw in the leak will be shown before September 13th?

Last edited:

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
I disagree, I think the trophy theory could come true. Robin's theme played during the Fire Emblem trophy and we all know about Palutena's. Ridley's theme played during King Kihunter and Ballad of The Goddess with Fi's trophy, Impa teaches you the Ballad in Skyward Sword.

But anyway back on topic. Do you guys think any of the announced veterans we saw in the leak will be shown before September 13th?
Honestly, I don't want to believe the trophy theory, but I guess we will wait and see.

I doubt it honestly. I could see them being secret vets like Brawl. I don't see us getting any character reveals until the game releases, unless they do one final trailer like a day or two before the game releases.

Luigi-man

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yassinius
3DS FC
5284-1979-1070
There is a chance that we may know everything, that is if someone got their copy of the game before the release date.
If that's the case, why don't we know for sure if we know all sm4sh characters? The biggest leak of them all didn't even have all-star mode unlocked.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
I've always been a supporter of the Trophy Theory. It seems too much of a coincidence that the song playing while showing Tiki was Robin's Theme and, well, Pseudo-Palutena was pretty obvious to begin with.

Since I saw that theory, I've always supported it, and it would mean we'll get a Metroid newcomer (presumably Ridley, considering the tune playing was Vs. Ridley), and a Zelda rep (quite possibly from SS, which would mean Impa now that Ghirahim is gone).

I don't think Ridley nor Impa are impossible, so yeah. I'll support this theory until we see deconfirmation of it.

I really don't think so, but I'd love to. I'm pretty sure Sakurai will do what he did back in Brawl and start revealing them after the game is released. It is kinda pointless as I'm sure he knows it will all leak as soon as someone gets his hands on a Japanese copy, but if that makes him happy, that's what he'll do.

I'd honestly like a mega-update on September 13th showing every single character, including the secret ones, so Sakurai is the one spoiling them for us and not some random Japanese guy.

If that's the case, why don't we know for sure if we know all sm4sh characters? The biggest leak of them all didn't even have all-star mode unlocked.
I'm sure if someone already had seen everything, he would have leaked it by now. So, nobody has seen everything yet. Review copies will probably start flying around next week, so maybe we'll see something new then.

For now on, and with this embargo thing over everyone's shoulders, we'll have to wait.

ikemachine

Smash Apprentice
I've always been a supporter of the Trophy Theory. It seems too much of a coincidence that the song playing while showing Tiki was Robin's Theme and, well, Pseudo-Palutena was pretty obvious to begin with.

Since I saw that theory, I've always supported it, and it would mean we'll get a Metroid newcomer (presumably Ridley, considering the tune playing was Vs. Ridley), and a Zelda rep (quite possibly from SS, which would mean Impa now that Ghirahim is gone).

I don't think Ridley nor Impa are impossible, so yeah. I'll support this theory until we see deconfirmation of it.
Impa also has the whole "another female character" going for her so I wouldnt be that suprised, plus ridley :D

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
SO, here's what this leak has.

PROS
  • :4shulk:'s Render
  • Spectate Mode
  • Tomodachi Life and Paper Mario's Stage Select Icons
  • Gaur Plains
  • Falcondorf
  • Bowser Jr. Video
  • :201u::201n::201k::201n::201o::201w::201n: Renders
CONS
For the Cons, we're gonna have to look...

Last edited:

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
Impa also has the whole "another female character" going for her so I wouldnt be that suprised, plus ridley :D
being honest, I'd rather have Ganon than Impa, it'd be a way for a new villain (which smash 4 only includes 1, 2 if you count Robin because spoilers) and it'd be a way for the dude to get a unique moveset
also it'd mean that each zelda character gets an alternate version of themselves and that'd be funny/awesome
  • Guar Plains (I hope I spelt that right)
It's Gaur Plains (really confusing spelling I know)

Last edited:

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
Does Impa use a weapon to fight or does she fight like Sheik?

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
As far as I know, Hyrule Warriors is the first time we've seen Impa fighting. In Ocarina of Time she just teaches Zelda how to fight, but we don't see her do so. And in Skyward Sword she just creates a magical barrier to protect Zelda and Link.

They could create a moveset for her from scratch or just make her a Sheik clone. I hope it's the first one.

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
I quit playing SS like at the third dungeon, but I think I remember seeing Impa, she doesn't have any weapons for what I can tell. Ofcourse, it'd be better to have her from Hyrule Warriors, with that giant blade and Naginata, but unfortunately that won't happen since Hyrule Warriors just released in Japan

ikemachine

Smash Apprentice
being honest, I'd rather have Ganon than Impa, it'd be a way for a new villain (which smash 4 only includes 1, 2 if you count Robin because spoilers) and it'd be a way for the dude to get a unique moveset
also it'd mean that each zelda character gets an alternate version of themselves and that'd be funny/awesome
i can see ganon as an alt just because ganondorf is a captain falcon clone again so he doesnt use his swords. Actually Smash 4 actually has the same amount as brawl because they added one(bowser jr.) took one away (wolf...Maybe). Robin from a different timeline(if i remember correctly) was a villain so i mean i guess that counts

Brandon Merriman

Smash Rookie
Here's a crazed analysis I did of a new build and the leak. Most probable result is Lucas, Ridley, and a new zelda and dk rep. Unless Sakurai adds another rep to a franchise we aren't expecting, this should be it.

Last edited:

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
i can see ganon as an alt just because ganondorf is a captain falcon clone again so he doesnt use his swords. Actually Smash 4 actually has the same amount as brawl because they added one(bowser jr.) took one away (wolf...Maybe). Robin from a different timeline(if i remember correctly) was a villain so i mean i guess that counts
(first things first, I meant "introduced", not "included", sorry for the misunderstanding)
But the the thing is, Ganon looks so different than 'dorf, he has a different body build and everything, plus he could be the first Spear user (unless Bandana Dee gets in), and he has more relevance to the zelda series than Impa does (and really more than Shiek as well)

Petrichor

Smash Apprentice

I think the embargo on the media event pretty much confirms that Nintendo is planning some big reveal for shortly before launch. If they weren't planning something big, they wouldn't hold the closed media session in the first place. My guess is that they want to reveal the full roster on their own terms, since it'll be hacked within an hour of launch anyway.

ikemachine

Smash Apprentice
Here's a crazed analysis I did of a new build and the leak. Most probable result is Lucas, Ridley, and a new zelda and dk rep. Unless Sakurai adds another rep to a franchise we aren't expecting, this should be it.
I think you actually almost have it because if you add king k rool/dixie for the 3rd and/or 4th dk rep and if both of those two characters arent in and only one add the new zelda rep probably impa and that would push the metroid series to the next row. Remove lucas and put ness where he is suppose to be that almost fixes it completely but i do think you almost have it

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Good day Smashboards,

1. Fire Emblem - Tiki
  3. Legend of Zelda - Fi

Interesting. Personally, I think the whole trophy thing was just coincidence, but I'm still very hopeful that Ridley will be playable. I also don't care too much if we get another LoZ rep or not. But if we did get 2 more reps for each of these series, do we even have 2 good Zelda characters left? I guess Impa as a shiek clone and pig ganon as a unique newcomer could work

As for Metroid, Dark Samus is already an assist. Ridley would be the unique newcomer. I guess someone like Sylux or Anthony could be a Samus clone, but either would leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Anyways, welcome to posting!

ikemachine

Smash Apprentice
Interesting. Personally, I think the whole trophy thing was just coincidence, but I'm still very hopeful that Ridley will be playable. I also don't care too much if we get another LoZ rep or not. But if we did get 2 more reps for each of these series, do we even have 2 good Zelda characters left? I guess Impa as a shiek clone and pig ganon as a unique newcomer could work

As for Metroid, Dark Samus is already an assist. Ridley would be the unique newcomer. I guess someone like Sylux or Anthony could be a Samus clone, but either would leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Anyways, welcome to posting!
I dont believe they were saying two reps for each franchise but 2 reps respectively for each franchise like one each. Which the only 2 that would make sense to me are Ridley for Metroid and Impa/maybe ganon for zela

Brandon Merriman

Smash Rookie
I think you actually almost have it because if you add king k rool/dixie for the 3rd and/or 4th dk rep and if both of those two characters arent in and only one add the new zelda rep probably impa and that would push the metroid series to the next row. Remove lucas and put ness where he is suppose to be that almost fixes it completely but i do think you almost have it
See, you can't just remove Lucas though. It doesn't fit together otherwise. Unless you can fit another character from the bottom up there, like falcon with another f-zero rep.

Last edited:

ikemachine

Smash Apprentice
See, you can't just remove Lucas though. It doesn't fit together otherwise. Unless you can fit another character from the bottom up there, like falcon with another f-zero rep.
Im saying if ridley isnt included, so you would have to put ness after wolf and it would be leaving 2 open spots.

Last edited:
NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::rosalina::substitute::substitute::4yoshi::warioc: ---> Bowser Jr. / Dr. Mario
:4dk::4diddy::substitute::4link::4zelda::4sheik::ganondorf::4tlink::substitute: ---> King K. Rool / Impa
:4samus::4zss::substitute::4pit::4palutena::substitute::4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight: ---> Ridley / Dark Pit
:4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina::4shulk::4fox::falco::substitute::rob: ---> Duck Hunt
:4pikachu::4charizard::4lucario::jigglypuff::4greninja::mewtwopm::4villager::4wiifit::4littlemac:
:ness2::4falcon::4olimar::gw::substitute::4pacman::4megaman::4sonic::substitute: ---> Chorus Men / Random

This would work too. You just need 5 more characters.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom