• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
I like the 3DS stages, It actually won me over enough to get the game along with the WiiU version. Ferox and Gerudo valley especially

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
*gigantic cough* GAMEEEBOYYYYY
I mentioned only the ones I could think of. Game Boy, Tomodachi Life and the pink one could be great stages too. Heck, if we ignore stuff like viability, the 3D Land stage looks really fun too, as does Living Room and Find Mii. The stages overall are pretty good and more interesting than the Wii U stages revealed so far. Still, the lack of Metroid and DK new stages... why.

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
I mentioned only the ones I could think of. Game Boy, Tomodachi Life and the pink one could be great stages too. Heck, if we ignore stuff like viability, the 3D Land stage looks really fun too, as does Living Room and Find Mii. The stages overall are pretty good and more interesting than the Wii U stages revealed so far. Still, the lack of Metroid and DK new stages... why.
I'll agree there's so many new stages now that I'll probably have to play the game when it comes out to be like "Oh YEA THIS WAS A STAGE I COMPLETELY FORGOT!" But Paper Mario and GAMEBOY and N's castle are stages I can't wait to play on.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Reposting from yesterday, do the survey if you haven't yet.

Everyone,

Now that we know that the Leak will not have the DLC as stated, please fill out this survey.

Assuming that there are 5 more slots, rank the following characters based on who you expect they would be/who you want. It's kind of up to interpretation. 1= Most likely/Most wanted (your call) 13= (Least likely/Least Wanted).

There will probably be tons of questions, just go with what you think I meant and do the the survey. :joyful:

I picked the characters based on rumors, Ninka leak, popular requests, and the leak suggested cuts.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/NSWXXQ3

I will reveal the results August 23, 10:00 EST. Spread the survey, put it in the 2nd post of the thread. It'll be interesting to see what we think.

Please don't bash if I didn't include your favorite character.

Edit: Currently have 86 responses.
You know, you're not going to get very reliable results. You can't just merge a most wanted poll with a most likely poll and expect to have even close results for either of them.

Jordo

Smash Apprentice
I'm 85% sold on the leak, at least the roster screen from the 1st the leak. I'm still not completely sold on the stage select screen, even with the famitsu evidence. Primarily because of the F-Zero Stage. With the Blue Falcon in the screen it literally looks like someone booted up their GBA Copy of F-Zero legends and took a shot of them playing a track. I'd be interested to get others opinions on that.

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
They should use this leak as a model for the next Layton game or something. So we have the ESRB person, who leaked it to someone, who then leaked it to three(?) others, who then all leaked it simultaneously anonymously while also changing small details or adding them to make it harder to track/verify. Sure it probably didn't go down exactly that way, but that's how I'm imagining it. And then you have the people who are friends with the leakers who want to help out the public without throwing their buddies under the bus. The public is panicking and the mods are just trying to keep the peace while also defend the truth!

This is some team rocket ish!

Croshi

Smash Rookie
I'm 85% sold on the leak, at least the roster screen from the 1st the leak. I'm still not completely sold on the stage select screen, even with the famitsu evidence. Primarily because of the F-Zero Stage. With the Blue Falcon in the screen it literally looks like someone booted up their GBA Copy of F-Zero legends and took a shot of them playing a track. I'd be interested to get others opinions on that.
While I agree, it doesn't deter me personally because of Balloon Fight and Pac-Maze.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Just drawed Duck Hunt Dog with the dog.
Lets see if it gets deleted.
Althrough if it doenst get deleted it doenst really mean the leak has been debunked, who knows Nintendo doenst want to show its real so...

Posted.

Reila

What sells me on the SSS is Gaur Plains. It is clear that the stage is Gaur Plains (Xenoblade), but I can't find a picture nor I remember that exact location.

It is also so weird to see Xenoblade and Punch Out!! stages on the 3DS version, but not the Wii Fit stage.

So Gaur Plains could be "adapted" and not a 1:1 copy of the location in Xenoblade, which is a point towards the veracity of the leak.

Last edited:

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
What sells me on the SSS is Gaur Plains. It is clear that the stage is Gaur Plains (Xenoblade), but I can't find a picture nor I remember that exact location.

It is also so weird to see Xenoblade and Punch Out!! stages on the 3DS version, but not the Wii Fit stage.
Well we got confrimation on the boxing ring for SSB4. I honestly can see a Xenoblade stage on the 3DS version but I really don't know what for Wii fit.

RetroBro

Smash Ace
Despite many other reasons why I believe the leak is fake, I'll state this once more:

Since the DLC has been said to be a lie/fake, the leaker has lost some of his credibility.. if not most of it. You don't just say things like that because you have valuable evidence for smash. He's lost my trust, and he seems like another person that just wants to stir controversy.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Just drawed Duck Hunt Dog with the dog.
Lets see if it gets deleted.
Althrough if it doenst get deleted it doenst really mean the leak has been debunked, who knows Nintendo doenst want to show its real so...

Posted.
It probably won't get deleted, I'd be surprised if it did.

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
Despite many other reasons why I believe the leak is fake, I'll state this once more:

Since the DLC has been said to be a lie/fake, the leaker has lost some of his credibility.. if not most of it. You don't just say things like that because you have valuable evidence for smash. He's lost my trust, and he seems like another person that just wants to stir controversy.
But the leaker himself has said that he was lying about that. Does that add or detract from his credibility?

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
You know, you're not going to get very reliable results. You can't just merge a most wanted poll with a most likely poll and expect to have even close results for either of them.
I know. I'm not publishing a scientific paper. :joyful:

It's just a way to find out where this board is roughly at. All estimation. So when people ask, "Who do we think/who do you want to make it if the leak does have 5 spots." we have a rough estimation of the board.

Breaking NEWS

Just found out that since I do not have an upgraded survey monkey account, it stops the poll at 100 responses. We have reached that limit. I will post the results in a couple of hours.

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
At this point in time, @anon1776 knows nothing more than any of you, nor is he in a position to learn anything else. He is at least two steps removed from the source of these images and @Neo Zero will attest to this.

MASTERLINKX

enjoy my good friend shulk! :)
NNID
MASTERLINKX
Guys, lets all draw a newcomer from the leak and wait if it gets deleted. :chuckle:
Drawing anything on Miiverse won't get deleted unless if violates any of their rules.
Nintendo hasn't removed drawings of these characters before this leak, they won't do it after either.

At this point in time, @anon1776 knows nothing more than any of you, nor is he in a position to learn anything else. He is at least two steps removed from the source of these images and @Neo Zero will attest to this.
I can at least confirm this too.

Last edited:

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
*gigantic cough* GAMEEEBOYYYYY
*Ba-Ding!*

I completely agree. I'm glad we got viable stages but a ton of the stages look really fun! The only one I don't like is the Mega Man stage because they could have done something cool with it... Like boss rooms that changes layouts or something. I just... I need a moment to wipe away my Mega Fan Nerd tears.

ZeldaPlayer87

Smash Journeyman

It took another insider to denounce the DLC was fake, but the images were not denounced as fake. @anon1776 had his reasons which have been addressed multiple times. I don't see how the validity of the CSS is in jeopardy when the DLC had nothing to do with the images presented. He simply wanted to weed out any copycats.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Drawing anything on Miiverse won't get deleted unless if violates any of their rules.
Nintendo hasn't removed drawings of these characters before this leak, they won't do it after either.
And how about we say:

The next newcomers will be coming: [insert leaked newcomers here] ?

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I know. I'm not publishing a scientific paper. :joyful:

It's just a way to find out where this board is roughly at. All estimation. So when people ask, "Who do we think/who do you want to make it if the leak does have 5 spots." we have a rough estimation of the board.
Then why do you want it in the second post?

The problem is, those two questions are completely different, and people can only answer one in your poll. What if two people answer as if the question is "who do you want", and three people answer the poll as "who do you think is likely"? You're not going to have an answer for either of those questions. You're just going to have an useless answer that's made from people answering two completely different questions, and you're not going to get any actual, usable data from it.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Warning Received
And how about we say:

The next newcomers will be coming: [insert leaked newcomers here] ?
the only way you're going to get your newcomer posts deleted is if your duck hunt dog drawing looks like a [THIS IS A CENSOR DODGE]. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
Then why do you want it in the second post?

The problem is, those two questions are completely different, and people can only answer one in your poll. What if two people answer as if the question is "who do you want", and three people answer the poll as "who do you think is likely"? You're not going to have an answer for either of those questions. You're just going to have an useless answer that's made from people answering two completely different questions, and you're not going to get any actual, usable data from it.

He can put it in the 2nd post if he wants. I don't care.

Dude, let it go. I agree, it's not scientific. It's just a rough estimation.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I'm still suspicious about the statements of there being supposedly characters we don't know about. Which is weird because shouldn't the ESRB see everything right from the start so inspections are thorough? What's the point in hiding stuff for no reason whatsoever?

Last edited:

ChromTroop

Smash Cadet
I'm still suspicious about the statements of there being supposedly characters we don't know about. Which is weird because shouldn't the ESRB see everything right from the start so inspections are thorough? What's the point in hiding stuff for no reason whatsoever?
OR maybe, you know, maybe its fake.

Reila

The statement of there being characters we don't know about is only a theory, not part of a leak. The mods have said this a couple times. One thing we should have in mind is that the leak comes from a video, the images aren't from an actual 3DS playing the game, so it could be that all characters weren't unlocked in the video which the leaked images come from.

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
I find it odd that Dr. Mario and Ness are in similar positions. That being said, the Dr. Mario is probably my favorite render of all. I'm not sure what I believe at this point, but I would be fine either way. The anticipation is killing me.

lemaskdemasque

Smash Cadet
Hey, just a quick question. How much more information do you reckon we are likely to receive before the 3DS release of the game? I mean there has to be another nintendo direct, surely? And if so, when can we expect it? It'd be impressive for Nintendo to do a whole direct without revealing at least one detail to confirm/disconfirm the leak?..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom