• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
If it is the Magicant: why make a new Mother stage, but not a new DK or Metroid stage?

I know no one can really answer that, but I don't see the logic in making a new stage for a rather small series, and reducing DK and Metroid to just one returning stage.
Go figure :/ There were plenty of assets to use from Donkey Kong Country Returns and Metroid Prime Hunters ://

Same goes to Sonic I guess, with Sonic Rush, Rush Adventure, Generations and Lost World on the DS/3DS, there is no reason to bring freaking GHZ back.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
View attachment 22778
I still very much think Lucina's sword is obviously outlined in red. Either it is outlined in red, she's wearing a red outfit that gives her sword some sort of red accents, or it's simply covered in the blood of her enemies. Probably the first one, though.

The real question, though, is why is Lucina up smashing when there's no one even close to her? Go help Shulk! :laugh:
Most people do useless attacks.

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
Go figure :/ There were plenty of assets to use from Donkey Kong Country Returns and Metroid Prime Hunters ://

Same goes to Sonic I guess, with Sonic Rush, Rush Adventure, Generations and Lost World on the DS/3DS, there is no reason to bring freaking GHZ back.
But GHZ is fun if you do some fun tweaking with it on Special Brawl. Although seriously I'd expect something from Sonic Rush at the least.

Reila

if Shulk doesn't fit then Link or any other Zelda character doesn't fit
I agree with you, but comparing Shulk to Zelda characters is silly, since they often have toon designs. He is easier to compare to Fire Emblem characters.

"If Shulk doesn't fit, then Marth, Robin, Lucina and Ike don't either".
But GHZ is fun if you do some fun tweaking with it on Special Brawl. Although seriously I'd expect something from Sonic Rush at the least.
I don't hate GHZ, I am only disappointed about not getting a brand new Sonic stage.

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691

Well, Gear Getaway from DK Country Returns is a song for the 3DS, so maybe it's for a new DK stage? I doubt it, as it sounds like it can work for the Jungle Japes stage.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
People would naturally assume that he isn't a Nintendo character.
If by any chance this is the real roster, then I don't see why Sakurai would particularly care about this at all? If he has any concern he could just address it when/if he's revealed but at this point people should know Xenoblade is Nintendo property.

But I will say that WFT starting the row instead would be much better in my view but Shulk easily works too.

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
We only have a few weeks before the game is released in Japan, so it won't be long to see if it is real.

roosaurus

Smash Apprentice
View attachment 22778
I still very much think Lucina's sword is obviously outlined in red. Either it is outlined in red, she's wearing a red outfit that gives her sword some sort of red accents, or it's simply covered in the blood of her enemies. Probably the first one, though.

The real question, though, is why is Lucina up smashing when there's no one even close to her? Go help Shulk! :laugh:
we got confirmation in a PotD that teams are outlined in their color on 3DS, it just replaces the black outline. That's probably why Charizard has blue too

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
While I do not want this to be real, I'll eventually stomach it. I loved DHD, always wanted Shulk, and I was a huge advocate for Bowser Jr., so I'll be pleased with them. Dr. Mario and Dark Pit are the only two that leaves some bitterness in my mouth, as do the cuts of Wolf, IC, and Lucas.

Reila

Well, Gear Getaway from DK Country Returns is a song for the 3DS, so maybe it's for a new DK stage? I doubt it, as it sounds like it can work for the Jungle Japes stage.
As you said, it can play in the Jungle Japes stage or even be a Smash Run-exclusive track.

I still hope there are more stages though and as you unlock them, the returning stages are moved to their own page, like in Brawl.

Last edited:

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
If it is the Magicant: why make a new Mother stage, but not a new DK or Metroid stage?

I know no one can really answer that, but I don't see the logic in making a new stage for a rather small series, and reducing DK and Metroid to just one returning stage.

You don't have to be a jerk about it.
Im not a jerk about it, its just stupid how those fanboys keep worshipping him like hes the best smash bros character ever and are mad Dr. Mario got in this leak instead of Mewtwo. And btw Mewtwo had a ? over hes picture and they are still mad at Dr. Mario.

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
I expect Jungle Japes to have whaty it had in Brawl.

Jungle Japes

and Kongo Jungle (because the DK rap is cewl)

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
As you said, it can play in the Jungle Japes stage or even be a Smash Run-exclusive track.

I still hope there are more stages though and as you unlock them, the returning stages are moved to their own page, like in Brawl.
It'd be nice to know that there are still unlockable stages. If we figure out there are unlockable stages, then that could mean there will be some more unlockable characters we don't know about.

roosaurus

Smash Apprentice
I expect Jungle Japes to have whaty it had in Brawl.

Jungle Japes

and Kongo Jungle (because the DK rap is cewl)
Yeah, but the Gear Getaway track in the PotD makes it seem like we may not be looking at every stage here, similar to what MasterLinkX said

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Im not a jerk about it, its just stupid how those fanboys keep worshipping him like hes the best smash bros character ever and are mad Dr. Mario got in this leak instead of Mewtwo. And btw Mewtwo had a ? over hes picture and they are still mad at Dr. Mario.
The only "anger" people have is the confusion of him not being on that roster. No one is angry, there's just a lot of confusion as to why Mewtwo isn't back after he's been scheduled to appear in all three beforehand.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
The only "anger" people have is the confusion of him not being on that roster. No one is angry, there's just a lot of confusion as to why Mewtwo isn't back after he's been scheduled to appear in all three beforehand.
Yet there was a fanboy on Dr. Mario's thread... :ohwell:

KingIceSonic

Smash Journeyman
I think everyone, both the leakers AND the people here forgot that this is still a thing
Not only is the top of the stage selection screen blending in with the bottom
(Which makes it look fake)but they forgot to add the FD type stages.(And no one give me any excuses like it being for fun)

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
I think everyone, both the leakers AND the people here forgot that this is still a thing
(Which makes it look fake)but they forgot to add the FD type stages.(And no one give me any excuses like it being for fun)
I don't remember seeing FD when I think about it actually.

MASTERLINKX

enjoy my good friend shulk! :)
NNID
MASTERLINKX

Do not take this as fact.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

maybe there is a touchscreen button to switch to FD mode. It would be a dumb design choice to have FD and regular stages together
Isn't that for customization or does that include FD stages?

Last edited by a moderator:

MASTERLINKX

enjoy my good friend shulk! :)
NNID
MASTERLINKX
maybe there is a touchscreen button to switch to FD mode. It would be a dumb design choice to have FD and regular stages together

Isn't that for customization or does that include FD stages?
Just showing anything can possibly be done with the customizable button.
There could be more to the bottom screen than what is shown, since it's cut off.

You could easily simply just hover over a stage icon and the bottom screen would show 2 images, one of the Normal stage, and one of the FD version. You just select from there by tapping it.

This is speculation on my part.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just showing anything can possibly be done with the cusomizatable button.
There could be more to the bottom screen than what is shown, since it's cut off.

You could easily simply just hover over a stage icon and the bottom screen would show 2 images, one of the Normal stage, and one of the FD version. You just select from there by tapping it.

This is speculation on my part.
Yeah that's true, I even thought that there might be a button on the touchscreen when you select a stage that will change it to FD

KingIceSonic

Smash Journeyman
1)Zoom in closely and the red border on the ? icon goes to the bottom screen(See Gamexplain discussion). It also isn't there on the demo but they might have taken it out

2)The whole bottom screen isn't shown and that off button could mean lots of things

3)If this is real why weren't the FD stages shown? It would have taken like 2 seconds to press the off button and take another picture

fanboss2

Smash Apprentice
List of the stages on the screenshot : (I might have a few name wrong since I'm translating them)

- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- 3D Land
- Golden Plains
- Paper Mario
- Rainbow Road
- Mushroom Kingdom
- Jungle Japes
- Gerudo Valley
- Spirit Train
- Yoshi's Island
- Brinstar
- N's Castle
- Prism Tower
- Corneria
- F-Zero weird stage
- Arena Ferox
- Tortimer Island
- GameBoy ???
- Reset Bomb Forest
- Wario Ware
- Distant Planet
- Boxing Ring
- Mother's stage/Rythm Paradise's stage
- Living Room
- Tomodachi Collection
- PictoChat
- Find Mii
- Balloon Fight
- Flatzone (I think that's the name...)
- Gaur Plains
- Dr. Wily's Castle.
- Pac Maze
- Green Hills
- Random

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Yep, because i totally meant 1.
Bravo, you solved it, want a cookie?
You should probably chill out with your comments. You're going to end up having a bad reputation.
Not all Mewtwo fans are bad, just like not all Shulk fans are good, and not all Chorus Men fans are hopeless. Do not stereotype, it's ignorant.

fanboss2

Smash Apprentice

I don't think that it, on the CSS you can see this is configurable, but once you press start to go to the stage selection, everything seems "lock". So I guess this is customisation. I know you're speculating, just giving an opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom