• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
Let me clear this up:
I got the Duckhunt Dog and CSS images from a friend, who said I was free to leak it if I wanted and that he intended to leak his information later. Afterwards, I wanted to make sure my friend wasn't bull****ing, so I verified the information via my job.

Later, I saw the original post on 4chan, the one with the Character Icons, and thought it was my friend leaking information already. After waiting a bit to make sure it was the real deal, I posted the CSS and Duckhunt Dog images. I then made the DLC list in an attempt to smoke out copy-cat leakers and to **** around with everyone a bit for fun.

I then got in contact with the mods/various other people. Told them the same basic story. Only things that I lied about was anything that might indict my friend/stuff relating to my job. I made sure repeatedly say that I didn't get my information/images from "a friend of a friend" as to keep my promise to my friend of not disclosing him in any possible way.
Thank you very much for your times to writing up the response to me. I appreciate that much.

It would be nice if @ MASTERLINKX MASTERLINKX would response to my number 2 (or 3) I don't remember. I really found his comment fishy but yeah.

AGES

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snicks
Slightly off topic but did anybody take into account that its possible not all the stages have been unlocked either?

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Slightly off topic but did anybody take into account that its possible not all the stages have been unlocked either?
There is only one space left in the SSS, though. If there are more stages, what is your theory? A new page is created for more stages?

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
I'm still suspicious about the statements of there being supposedly characters we don't know about. Which is weird because shouldn't the ESRB see everything right from the start so inspections are thorough? What's the point in hiding stuff for no reason whatsoever?
I also think that's weird, but I guess the ESRB only needs to see all of the content. As long as they see all of the characters in play, what's on the CSS doesn't mean much.

AGES

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snicks
There is only one space left in the SSS, though. If there are more stages, what is your theory? A new page is created for more stages?
A new page seems unlikely but I was thinking smaller SSS icons, similar to how the CSS icons shrink a bit for more space.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Wasn't the ESRB story faked as a cover anyway?

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Hey, just a quick question. How much more information do you reckon we are likely to receive before the 3DS release of the game? I mean there has to be another nintendo direct, surely? And if so, when can we expect it? It'd be impressive for Nintendo to do a whole direct without revealing at least one detail to confirm/disconfirm the leak?..
Well one thing they COULD do is confirm a character that isn't pictured on the leak. Supposedly there's a few characters that, for one reason or another, aren't pictured, so if Nintendo wanted to dance around confirming/disconfirming the leak and keep people guessing, they could reveal one of the missing ones.

MASTERLINKX

enjoy my good friend shulk! :)
NNID
MASTERLINKX

It would be nice if @ MASTERLINKX MASTERLINKX would response to my number 2 (or 3) I don't remember. I really found his comment fishy but yeah.
Me saying I worked on it for 50 hours was just a small joke.
I did not forge the leaked images in Photoshop.

The damage would have been done regardless or not I made the public believe that every single image was fake.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
At this point with everything already discussed, this is basically all we can grasp from these images.

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
To be honest, there's just too much deception and confusion going on with this leak. It makes it much less credible to me.
I believed it completely at first, but the more I hear about this leak's origins, the less I believe it.
I'm not trying to rag on you at all, MASTERLINKX. From what I've seen, you're a really cool and talented guy. I've seen you on Miiverse long before any of this happened, and I think your art is great.

But something about this whole thing just seems fishy.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I don't think it's legit honestly. Why would Dr. Mario, Lucina, Dark Pit not be with their franchises and Yoshi being wedged between Mario characters.

neohopeSTF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
abcdefgf
Switch FC
SW-0259-5915-4107
I don't think it's legit honestly. Why would Dr. Mario, Lucina, Dark Pit not be with their franchises and Yoshi being wedged between Mario characters.
This is a point talked about to death already, surprised people still bring it up. The CSS pic isn't final

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
To be fair, all the nonsense started after the initial leak with just 2 pictures. Only after that all kinds of people started to get all interesting about it. The only thing we really should be taking seriously is the first pictures, the rest should be handled with absolute suspicion.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Yeah but how is Dr. Mario gonna move up to be with the other Mario characters?
Really easily actually.

Let's say this is the final roster (I don't believe this will be the final roster by any means, it was a quick prediction when the DLC thing was still around). Dr. Mario could be before or after Mario or even after Bowser Jr. with Yoshi right after.

Last edited:

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
Really easily actually.

Let's say this is the final roster (I don't believe this will be the final roster by any means, it was a quick prediction when the DLC thing was still around). Dr. Mario could be before or after Mario or even after Bowser Jr. with Yoshi right after.
I expect Dr.Mario to be next to Mario just like in Melee.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Distrusting the leak because of the characters placement in the CSS is baffling.

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
If we were in like, mid-April or something, I would be heavily dissecting and discussing this thing as well, but since we're so close to launch, we only have a 2-week wait at this point. We'll know for sure by the 13th, or even sooner if we get a character reveal.

Sit back and relax folks, we'll know for sure soon enough.

tippy

Smash Apprentice
It's possible that the video the screenshots were taken from can be a progression of unlocking every character, and the full roster is towards the end of the video and we only have the screenshots from the middle part.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I'd like to clarify some things about the conspiracy theories I'm seeing thrown about.

Many of you seem convinced the mods are lying to you, or are involved in faking this leak. To this I ask, why? Why would the people whose very job involves keeping the chaos these kind of forums breed at bay go so far out of their way to create chaos? Stop and think about that. This leak has done nothing but make their jobs harder.

Some of them have been contacted by people. People who claim to be a part of this leak, people who claim to know information that proves or disproves the leak, people who claim to know information not covered in this leak. I have been, too. It comes with the territory of being a public figure. Part of the reason none of us immediately come to share our information is because we don't know how true any of it is. We're just in the dark about the final game as you are. Some people sound legitimate. Some people don't. Some sound legitimate but have nothing to back up their claims. Many of you will remember I was one of these people. I still don't have anything to prove what I said was true other than this leak, which itself can still be false.

We don't want to share information prematurely. Some of the mods have already had to go back on things they've said because new information came to light that proved what they initially said was incorrect.

The other reason is due to the legal gray areas this leak and others like it occupy. If someone sends us information, and we share it with you, then we're culpable for leaking the information ourselves, especially when it comes to images. Nintendo can sue anyone who shares leaked images for copyright infringement. We don't even need to have signed an Non-Disclosure Agreement.

But make no mistake, those NDAa are brutal. If we share with you information we've been told in confidence, it could easily be tracked back to the person who told us it, especially if the theory that different people see different builds with different characters is true. Don't misunderstand, breaking an NDA is a profoundly stupid thing to do, but I don't think the punishment fits the crime.

Someone who breaks their NDA will not only be fired, they will be blacklisted from the entire industry. Their livelihood will be gone. They would be sued for breaking the NDA, and suffer all the financial punishments it entails. If images or videos are involved, they will be sued for distributing copyrighted material, and each image can get them a maximum of 5 years in jail and a $5000 fine.

You can understand why we'd hesitate to share information that might implicate someone, especially prematurely, especially when is might make us culpable as well.

Please have patience. We're trying our best to get to the bottom of this.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Really easily actually.

It seems entirely possible, I still question the DLC though. For one, Snake is Konami, and I can't imagine him being that easy to get in, could happen, but it's also odd to see how some of his moves went to other characters like ZSS's final smash or Olimar Up B. Secondly, Ice Climbers... For them to not be on the starting roster is odd, but then if you think about it, it could be because of the 3DS's limitations. Having eight fully functional Ice Climbers in action and on screen at once may just be too much busy work for the 3DS, more so than Pikmin or Lumas. Speaking of which, there are less Pikmin Olimar can have out, and also no more Waddle Dees on the field from Dedede either, so I'm wondering if multiple characters on a screen really did pose a problem for the 3DS CPU. And it's a reason why I could imagine them cutting the Ice Climbers... Maybe. And if that is indeed true, I don't see how they could be DLC either, they'd simply be cut. But we'll see soon enough I suppose.

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
I'd like to clarify some things about the conspiracy theories I'm seeing thrown about.

Many of you seem convinced the mods are lying to you, or are involved in faking this leak. To this I ask, why? Why would the people whose very job involves keeping the chaos these kind of forums breed at bay go so far out of their way to create chaos? Stop and think about that. This leak has done nothing but make their jobs harder.

Some of them have been contacted by people. People who claim to be a part of this leak, people who claim to know information that proves or disproves the leak, people who claim to know information not covered in this leak. I have been, too. It comes with the territory of being a public figure. Part of the reason none of us immediately come to share our information is because we don't know how true any of it is. We're just in the dark about the final game as you are. Some people sound legitimate. Some people don't. Some sound legitimate but have nothing to back up their claims. Many of you will remember I was one of these people. I still don't have anything to prove what I said was true other than this leak, which itself can still be false.

We don't want to share information prematurely. Some of the mods have already had to go back on things they've said because new information came to light that proved what they initially said was incorrect.

The other reason is due to the legal gray areas this leak and others like it occupy. If someone sends us information, and we share it with you, then we're culpable for leaking the information ourselves, especially when it comes to images. Nintendo can sue anyone who shares leaked images for copyright infringement. We don't even need to have signed an Non-Disclosure Agreement.

But make no mistake, those NDAa are brutal. If we share with you information we've been told in confidence, it could easily be tracked back to the person who told us it, especially if the theory that different people see different builds with different characters is true. Don't misunderstand, breaking an NDA is a profoundly stupid thing to do, but I don't think the punishment fits the crime.

Someone who breaks their NDA will not only be fired, they will be blacklisted from the entire industry. Their livelihood will be gone. They would be sued for breaking the NDA, and suffer all the financial punishments it entails. If images or videos are involved, they will be sued for distributing copyrighted material, and each image can get them a maximum of 5 years in jail and a $5000 fine.

You can understand why we'd hesitate to share information that might implicate someone, especially prematurely, especially when is might make us culpable as well.

Please have patience. We're trying our best to get to the bottom of this.
Dang that's a lot of money but I guess it makes sense. We all know how strict Nintendo is when it comes to leaks.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Really easily actually.

Unless the roster isn't gonna be set up how we saw from the leak how would Dr. Mario go from the bottom right to the top left.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
It seems entirely possible, I still question the DLC though. For one, Snake is Konami, and I can't imagine him being that easy to get in, could happen, but it's also odd to see how some of his moves went to other characters like ZSS's final smash or Olimar Up B. Secondly, Ice Climbers... For them to not be on the starting roster is odd, but then if you think about it, it could be because of the 3DS's limitations. Having eight fully functional Ice Climbers in action and on screen at once may just be too much busy work for the 3DS, more so than Pikmin or Lumas. Speaking of which, there are less Pikmin Olimar can have out, and also no more Waddle Dees on the field from Dedede either, so I'm wondering if multiple characters on a screen really did pose a problem for the 3DS CPU. And it's a reason why I could imagine them cutting the Ice Climbers... Maybe. And if that is indeed true, I don't see how they could be DLC either, they'd simply be cut. But we'll see soon enough I suppose.
I made that before I knew the DLC was fake so I don't think that's the real roster by any means.

You do make some good points.

Unless the roster isn't gonna be set up how we saw from the leak how would Dr. Mario go from the bottom right to the top left.
The how doesn't really matter, it's more of the "can he make that change?" and the answer is yes, definitely.

We've been shown that CSS editing is ridiculously easy and I doubt that it would pose any real challenge to a team of professionals.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Dang that's a lot of money but I guess it makes sense. We all know how strict Nintendo is when it comes to leaks.
Many companies are strict on leaking information prematurely. Which is why when it does happen, action is taken ASAP to ensure that leak information doesn't spread and punish/warn the leakers so it doesn't happen again.

Last edited:

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Yeah DLC is totally fake. How would they even know about it?
They were told because they have to rate it, too? There's a lot of ways they can know this sort of information, to be quite frank.

Last edited:

SolarKirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolarKirby
Oh, I know! Maybe, now bear with me on this, they move him over there.

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
Just time to be patient and see how it plays out. I'm accepting that this is what we're getting and not expecting anything more. To those who have been through the Melee and Brawl leaks in the past, I think we know the feeling of what's 'real' when we see it, even when it can't be absolutely proven, persay. It has that tough-to-put-your-finger-on, Sakurai trademark after-taste of "crazy surprises, a ton of content, wow, but geez I still feel pretty blue-balled... I mean, Dr. Mario?".

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
Here are the results from yesterday and today's Survey:

Assuming the Leak has 5 spots left, rank the following in order based on what you want/expect.

There were 145 responses, but due to not having an upgraded account with Surveymonkey, it only displayed the first 100.

Here are the results:

Here is the data:

Now, since it was the combination of two questions, "What you expect/Want" this is just a rough estimation on our feelings of what 5 remaining spots could mean to us. This is not to be taken as any useful data. It is very unscientific.

Some things that I do notice:
1. Mewtwo is on average the most expected, most wanted, and or combo of the two. Edit: It looks like Ridley had more ratings as #1 but had more people also rank him lower, bringing his average lower than Mewtwo's.
2. We seem to expect and or want a Donkey Kong Member. Maybe we expect the Ninka leak, while we want K. Rool but maybe aren't expecting him?
3. We are hoping or expecting for Ice climbers and Wolf to not really be cut
4. Lucas was lower than expected, from my point of view. May be due to the survey's two questions.
5. Snake seems to be not expected, since he normally ranks popular. May be due to survey covering two questions.
6. Impa seems to be most expected and or wanted than a different Zelda representative
7. Mach Rider or a different Retro seem to be the least wanted and or expected.

So, take this as a rough estimate of what this board feels about who or what may fill in the last 5 spots of the leak, assuming there is 5 slots available.

Thank you everyone who participated. I enjoy doing this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom