• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
I'm sorry, but how could it possibly be fake after the Tomodachi thing?
I don't know. Luck?

I'm keeping an open mind about it because of the Tomodachi Life thing, but honestly, Vaanrose's post gave me something new to think about. The lack of any kind of response from Nintendo, be it legal or information suppression, is downright fishy to me.

Would be a different story if this get out of 4chan and all of a sudden the information starts disappearing systematically, or all of our leakers suddenly went dark. Or both.

Last edited:

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
I like SmashBoards, but every time I come here and see this thread is always at the top, almost 100 pages, really turns me off. So just turn away and don't enter the thread. Yeah if it was that easy to skip seeing all the time devoted to this. I'm not even reading the thread. Please feel free to continue as always. Next week's leak will be by me. It's just one thing: It does bother me that the people responsible for these leaks have won and are still winning.

So thank YOU GUYS.

:dk:
What will you be leaking Lols?

KingBroly

Smash Lord
What does that have to do with what the leak leaves out? The most reasonable answer is that this is the final CSS.
It's not a reasonable answer to blindly accept it as fact. Where's the in-game model for Duck Hunt and Bowser Jr. if it's legitimate? All we have are stills and we've seen tons of stills before that have been falsified before.

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
I don't know. Luck?

I'm keeping an open mind about it because of the Tomodachi Life thing, but honestly, Vaanrose's post gave me something new to think about. The lack of any kind of response from Nintendo, be it legal or information suppression, is downright fishy to me.

Would be a different story if this get out of 4chan and all of a sudden the information starts disappearing systematically, or all of our leakers suddenly went dark. Or both.
I'm pretty sure Reddit had their whole leak account shut down when the leak came out... not sure if that counts.

Nah the most reasonable answer is people are blinded my their want for it to be legit.
Doesn't seem like very many people are really excited about this outcome... most are looking for excuses to hope for other characters.

Last edited:

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
I don't think a leaker can make something that is eerily similar to another thing in the game not shown yet. Not on accident, anyway.

SolarKirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolarKirby
I don't know. Luck?

No offense...But you are totally denial. If that isn't enough proof, then can you explain how he got shots for stages like Paper Mario, where the only picture of it was the POTD, but the stage picture is shot at a COMPLETELY different angle so they'd have to recreate the entire stage for them to do that. The same goes for a bunch of other stages as well.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
I (think) I have some more evidence of why the leak is fake. I looked through the second post and I'm pretty sure these haven't been mentioned:
1. Look at Falco. How come his feathers aren't realistic like Fox's fur, Donkey Kong's fur, etc.? I would use the same argument with Duck Hunt, but I think the more 'kiddy' characters aren't as realistic. Ex. Toon Link.
2. Look at the picture with Bowser, Bowser Jr., Pikachu, and Kirby. The CPU coin is hovering over Kirby, so why isn't Kirby translucent like how it is in past smash games when the CPU/Player coin is hovering over them?
My apologies if this has been mentioned.
Just reposting thing for others to see.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
1) We don't actually know that he had access to the photos before others. He just says he did.

2) Having access to the photos doesn't mean he knows anything else exceptional. There's no reason to assume he does other than he says he does (and taking a random person at their word never flew in the past with leaks, has it?)

3) If he knew anything else, why not just flat out say it at the time? You mean to tell me that someone is willing to break an NDA to share a bunch of copyrighted images but a few other text details about the roster are just plain going too far? Whoever leaked them at the time clearly didn't care about letting the s*** fly, but now we have to keep obscure details secret to help them? I can't wrap my head around it.

Mostly I think it's wrong to peddle optimism to people based on an outright lie ("the leaker said there was more") or someone's random heresay.
He did because he photoshopped pictures to make them look fake before the leak pics were posted IIRC. If someone could helpme out with this point so I don't have to fish around everywhere it'd be great. He did this with one of the Shulk renders.

But, like I said; the CSS is a mess and the main reason for there only being a black background.is because it's all going to be filled up and because the character placement as is makes no real sense.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
No offense...But you are totally denial. If that isn't enough proof, then can you explain how he got shots for stages like Paper Mario, where the only picture of it was the POTD, but the stage picture is shot at a COMPLETELY different angle so they'd have to recreate the entire stage for them to do that. The same goes for a bunch of other stages as well.
None taken, 'cause I'm not in denial.

I'm keeping an open mind about it because of the Tomodachi Life thing,
It's you guys so fervently defending the leak that's giving me flashbacks of the Gematsu Leak, and we all know how that turned out.

If it happens to be true, cool. If not, well, no harm no foul. I'm just now realizing that I should be stepping back and not getting caught up in the hype like everyone else is. I want more definitive proof before I stand behind the leak, you know?

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
I'd just like to show you this:

(Note: This was not made by me.)

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
Of course it's possible to be faked. The chances are incredibly low, but yes, it is possible. But I just can't bring myself to believe in some "conspiracy" involving multiple people in different countries. Do people really want this to be fake that badly?
Do you really want the leak to be true that badly? There's only one thing that you have to "prove" this is real and you're holding on to it for dear life. You act as though others are being desperate looking for things to prove it fake, yet you're doing the same to prove it real. I'm a natural skeptic. It takes more than saying something is true for me to believe it.
Yeah I remember seeing that video a long time ago. And believe me, I know people are capable of making really professional looking leaks. But the internet is usually able to prove it fake in a few days. It hasn't happened with this leak so far, and we are not really getting anywhere either.
As long as you ignore all the evidence against it, yeah.
If you truly believe this leak is fake, then do you believe a newly released and translated Famitsu magazine was given to the faker by a Japanese contact so that he could create an original photoshop of the stage in within a day? If so, then go on ahead and say it's fake.
Why would it have to be translated? A picture doesn't need to be translated. You're purposely making it sound less likely because you're biased. You need to look at things from both points of view.
Pikachu Interrupts Mario and Bowser In Melee
But not when the roster is complete. Why would Nintendo show off an unfinished roster to the ESRB, especially when they're required to show all of the unlocked content?
THE ROSTER IS INCOMPLETE. This is confirmed by either the leaker or Masterlinkx, can't remember which.

Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and Lucina are clones, thus they are placed differently.

You'll see that in Melee, the clones (Dr. Mario, Falco, Pichu, Ganondorf, Young Link, and Roy) are all placed around the edges and are slid down somewhat. Notice something else? Yes, Ganondorf is separated from the Zelda crew! Because he's a clone.
If the roster is incomplete then the footage is not from the ESRB. If the footage is not from the ESRB then whoever recorded the footage would have had full access to the game in order to change the name. If that's the case, then why only take pictures of parts that would be the easiest to fake? Why not some footage of "Duck Hunt" in battle?
If the footage is from the ESRB then the roster must be complete, thus the roster has bad placement. There is no perfect scenario here.
You are right about the clones being on the sides, but they are not in a separate group. That placement is actually very cleverly done so that the clones are both next to their series and next to the characters they are clones of. No such cleverness exists in the "leaked" roster.
This is Brawl all over again. People claim the leak was fake, because:

NO MEWTWO = FAKE
THERE'S NO WAY SAKURAI WOULD ADD ANOTHER STAR FOX CHARACTER
WTF IS A ROB

And then it turned out it was real, and everybody had mixed opinions.
Most people here who are calling it fake are not calling it fake because of the characters. Try again.

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
So when did the HAXXXX team get here? I haven't seen so many people calling it fake since it was shown.

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
It's pretty cool to see actual photographic proof of my leak. While I haven't exactly commented on these images publicly, I'm under the impression that they are very real and feel that if they are fake whoever did so should be given mad props.

Thanks to everyone that believed in my leak as very soon it seems it will be all too real.

Last edited:

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
I like SmashBoards, but every time I come here and see this thread is always at the top, almost 100 pages, really turns me off. So just turn away and don't enter the thread. Yeah if it was that easy to skip seeing all the time devoted to this. I'm not even reading the thread. Please feel free to continue as always. Next week's leak will be by me. It's just one thing: It does bother me that the people responsible for these leaks have won and are still winning.

So thank YOU GUYS.

:dk:
What do you mean?
None taken, 'cause I'm not in denial.

It's you guys so fervently defending the leak that's giving me flashbacks of the Gematsu Leak, and we all know how that turned out.

If it happens to be true, cool. If not, well, no harm no foul. I'm just now realizing that I should be stepping back and not getting caught up in the hype like everyone else is. I want more definitive proof before I stand behind the leak, you know?
That's 100% fine. I personally believe every leak is fake until proven real. Right now this one has a big chance of being real, not that I want it to be.

Nah the most reasonable answer is people are blinded my their want for it to be legit.
Strange thing to say when most of the people in this thread are heavily disappointed by this leak because it doesn't contain their favorites like Ridley, Mewtwo, and even the Icies. Hell, even I'm a pretty upset at the fact that there's no Sceptile, Lucas, or Chorus Men.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Hadn't it been determined the entire ESRB story thing was most likely fake?

Last edited:

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
Do you really want the leak to be true that badly? There's only one thing that you have to "prove" this is real and you're holding on to it for dear life. You act as though others are being desperate looking for things to prove it fake, yet you're doing the same to prove it real. I'm a natural skeptic. It takes more than saying something is true for me to believe it.

As long as you ignore all the evidence against it, yeah.

Why would it have to be translated? A picture doesn't need to be translated. You're purposely making it sound less likely because you're biased. You need to look at things from both points of view.

But not when the roster is complete. Why would Nintendo show off an unfinished roster to the ESRB, especially when they're required to show all of the unlocked content?

If the roster is incomplete then the footage is not from the ESRB. If the footage is not from the ESRB then whoever recorded the footage would have had full access to the game in order to change the name. If that's the case, then why only take pictures of parts that would be the easiest to fake? Why not some footage of "Duck Hunt" in battle?
If the footage is from the ESRB then the roster must be complete, thus the roster has bad placement. There is no perfect scenario here.
You are right about the clones being on the sides, but they are not in a separate group. That placement is actually very cleverly done so that the clones are both next to their series and next to the characters they are clones of. No such cleverness exists in the "leaked" roster.

Most people here who are calling it fake are not calling it fake because of the characters. Try again.
Did you really wait this long to make that belated reply?

Also that's how Brawl was.

Delicious Tears

Smash Journeyman
I'm upset at the lack of Street Fighter Cartoon M. Bison, Karnov, Vergil, Abobo, Goose Howard, Glass, Batta, Denning, Gheb, Cervantes, and Magneto the Mustard of Magnet.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
It's pretty cool to see actual photographic proof of my leak. While I haven't exactly commented on these images publicly, I'm under the impression that they are very real and feel that if they are fake whoever did so should be given mad props.

Thanks to everyone that believed in my leak as very soon it seems it will be all too real.
You're the leaker!?

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
He did because he photoshopped pictures to make them look fake before the leak pics were posted IIRC. If someone could helpme out with this point so I don't have to fish around everywhere it'd be great. He did this with one of the Shulk renders.
No, he posted the Shulk pictures AFTER the leak came out, saying that 'Darn him for posting these leak pictures, I was going to make fake leak ones to keep people guessing'.

Intriguingly... I went back to the 4Chan thread to double check and they've completely deleted the thread. Perhaps because they got a C & D from Nintendo... because with all the riff raff that goes on there, they don't just make threads vanish willy nilly.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Intriguingly... I went back to the 4Chan thread to double check and they've completely deleted the thread. Perhaps because they got a C & D from Nintendo... because with all the riff raff that goes on there, they don't just make threads vanish willy nilly.
Already said this. Apparently 4chan threads are deleted within a short time.

roosaurus

Smash Apprentice
I (think) I have some more evidence of why the leak is fake. I looked through the second post and I'm pretty sure these haven't been mentioned:
1. Look at Falco. How come his feathers aren't realistic like Fox's fur, Donkey Kong's fur, etc.? I would use the same argument with Duck Hunt, but I think the more 'kiddy' characters aren't as realistic. Ex. Toon Link.
2. Look at the picture with Bowser, Bowser Jr., Pikachu, and Kirby. The CPU coin is hovering over Kirby, so why isn't Kirby translucent like how it is in past smash games when the CPU/Player coin is hovering over them?
My apologies if this has been mentioned.
Kirby not being transparent happens on 3DS. No character turns transparent when you hover over them
EDIT: you say translucent you mean transparent

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
No, he posted the Shulk pictures AFTER the leak came out, saying that 'Darn him for posting these leak pictures, I was going to make fake leak ones to keep people guessing'.

Why do you seem so hostile to him possibly knowing anything?

I mean, it is important to keep in mind that "Disabled" is spelled "disablad" and that he had claimed to photoshop that to make it look more fake. If this isn't the case (since the Ganon images are clearly copies of each other) then the entire leak is mostly likeky an elaborate fake. Possible, but seems a bit conspiratorial.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
What do you mean?
:grin:

The fakers are getting what they want with the thread being a massive hit full of naivety. I wish you all wouldn't give them that satisfaction. Alas, it's too late.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Well those times were over reactions.
They still are and always will be.

:grin:

The fakers are getting what they want with the thread being a massive hit full of naivety. I wish you all wouldn't give them that satisfaction. Alas, it's too late.
Naive and curiosity are two different things. Naivety is usually associated with something that has been proven false, this has not. It has things that say "FALSE" but it has the same that says "TRUE". If we're feeding trolls, that's on us, but let's say that these leakers aren't trolls and are trying to share information that they shouldn't share... Well, it'd be pretty lame to not lend them an ear.

Let me repeat that I don't believe any leak is real until it's proven real, but I also will not give it the benefit of the doubt, despite my distaste for it.

Last edited:

BurnStuff

Smash Rookie
Why did the leakers do absolutely nothing to conceal the blatant "esrb" nickname lol?
There's no way anyone could miss this, when so much is on the line if they get caught.
This seems like a touch that was added to give legitimacy, rather than an actual oversight.

Also, If this was a real esrb video, you'd imagine it would be SMOTHERED in watermarks...
There's no way the fate of this thing being leaked would depend on something trivial like a user name. Nintendo isn't new to this stuff.

Someone mentioned each person with a copy might have a uniquely organized roster, but that only helps Nintendo trace the leak to its source, it doesn't actually DETER leaking.
That's what giant, threatening watermarks are for.

ALSO why would they even show the stage select screen to the esrb? There's no way that's pertinent information.
I believe you don't have to show the esrb every piece of content in your game, just the questionable stuff.
Tell me how that yoshi's island stage could be considered questionable lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom