• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Repiteo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Repiteo
This scares me, as Doctor Mario and Dark Pit is something I NEVER want to see wasting two valueable character slots
It's worth reiterating that Dr. Mario, Dark Pit and Lucina were afterthought characters, considering they're clones. They don't exactly waste slots, as they come into play once what can be feasibly managed in regards to characters is achieved, and are minimal-effort fodder that serve to make the roster feel more completed.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
For those of you who are sad to see Dr. Mario and Dark Pit on the potential roster because they would take up a roster slot please keep this in mind.

THEY DID NOT HAVE TO STICK TO A SPECIFIC ROSTER COUNT

It's commonly known that clones take a lot less of the development process when compared to a fully new character. Because of this there is no reason to say that characters like Dark Pit, Dr. Mario and Lucina took a slot from anybody, their additions would be pure bonus roster slots.

And it's not even a case of filesize, we know the game now is 2.1 GB in size, which means they could have almost four copies of this game on one gamecard.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Being an alternative version of another character hasn't stopped their requests before. Heck, Paper Mario is one of the most requested characters period, and he's just as much Mario as Dr. Mario is.
It's just like how Sheik is Zelda and Zero Suit Samus is Samus. Same character, different versions, different slots.

Same can't be said for Lucina and Dark Pit. Lucina isn't Marth (but she is Marth's descendant) and Dark Pit isn't Pit (but is a literal clone of him).

Repiteo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Repiteo
Yes it has.

To be fair, he's likely referring to Smash 4, and how both the Villager and Wii Fit Trainer retained their positions, even when dawning different looks altogether.

Whether or not other characters will follow suit in this game is yet to be seen.

Homsar3

Smash Apprentice
Also, I feel like I should point out that if we come to another "I lied" statement about this leak, we need to remember the whole thing that happened back with X, and Y with the starter evolutions getting leaked.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Forgive me if somebody has already said this, but I just saw the Metal Sonic screens, and I don't believe it for a second. I mean, Metal Sonic would be awesome, but there are multiple points as to why this is stupid:

First: Sonic and Metal Sonic might have the same height/dimensions, but the way they move is completely different. METAL SONIC FLOATS. And Sonic's every move depends on one foot after the other. It would be an unfaithful costume if it were true.

Second: If this were to be believed, then the inclusion of Dr. Mario and Dark Pit would then be false. If a character who moves differently from his source character is just a texture swap, then there is absolutely no way that the other two, (another Mario, and a mirror image of Pit) should be their own character, when they should move EXACTLY the same as the original. Even if their attacks/equipment differ.
Different animations =/= Different attributes.
This would not mess with hitboxes and hurtboxes if done really well. Hell, Project M modders have been able to do it without any issues, I doubt a professional team would have a problem with it.

Dr. Mario could have Mario's old moveset, Dark Pit moves the opposite as Pit. Pit broke the mirror and caused Dark Pit to be an opposite instead of a mirror which are both different things.

Oh also, Metal Sonic was literally created to be a clone of Sonic so...

Last edited:

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
To be fair, he's likely referring to Smash 4, and how both the Villager and Wii Fit Trainer retained their positions, even when dawning different looks altogether.

Whether or not other characters will follow suit in this game is yet to be seen.
I'm pretty sure male WFT has a different position in his artwork...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's just like how Sheik is Zelda and Zero Suit Samus is Samus. Same character, different versions, different slots.

Same can't be said for Lucina and Dark Pit. Lucina isn't Marth (but she is Marth's descendant) and Dark Pit isn't Pit (but is a literal clone of him).
He's like his mirror reflection

But turned evil

Isn't it like peter pans shadow?

It's still a part of him

Homsar3

Smash Apprentice
Why Sakurai added the music tabs: for epic background music while we theorize.

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
This scares me, as Doctor Mario and Dark Pit is something I NEVER want to see wasting two valueable character slots
That isn't how character slots work.

If Dr. Mario & Dark Pit are in the game, they are extra. They don't effect planned slots. They would presumably have been costumes, like Lucina, that evolved.

That means, the roster was already decided and created, and characters like Lucina, Dr. Mario & Dark Pit are in addition to what was planned. They aren't taking up spots that could've been used by other, unique characters. All they would be doing is taking the spots of OTHER clones OR taking up the spot of nobody.

So the outcomes would be:
- 45 characters + Lucina, Dr. Mario & Dark Pit
- 45 characters + Lucina & 2 other new clones
- 45 characters

If Lucina wasn't in the game, for example, that would not have made room for Chrom, or some non-clone character. It just would've meant one less character.

Repiteo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Repiteo
I'm pretty sure male WFT has a different position in his artwork...
...I'm trying as we speak to find a video or image confirming or deconfirming this, but NOBODY is picking the male Wii Fit Trainer.

Poor guy.

deebeethedeity

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1306-6746-5618
Im fine with the five being mewtwo, rythym heaven rep, k. Rool/dixie, ridley, and impa but I would be very disapointed if wolf and especially the ice climbers got the boot.

He said "never" which is not true. But yes, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer do have the same pose so I guess he does have a point. :)

If he meant just Smash 4 then I apologize.

TheOthin

Smash Apprentice
Who's to say they won't though? They did that with the Pokemon series in Melee.

Here's a scenario: Ridley is unlocked in this CSS. He is put in the 5th row. Later on, Impa/Dixie is unlocked. Metroid jumps down to where Ridley is as a whole.

This is identical to when Jigglypuff/Pichu/Mewtwo were unlocked in Melee, and when Luigi shifted Pikachu down to them at a later point.
Melee did it with one character, when all the others had fixed positions. I don't see anything that would warrant that kind of bouncing around here, when it seems to be doing the expanding scrolly thing like Brawl.

The main takeaway from Melee and Brawl is, Nintendo doesn't actually care about it being organized midway through. They just shoved Pikachu into a random spot because they couldn't have a character start in the secret character row, even though they needed one to show up there eventually.

Ya know. If Dr Mario is at the bottom away from his series, then Dixie, Tetra or any other character could be too. Hell Shulk is randomly with the 3rd Party characters.
Sure. But then we have to accept that Sakurai's precious CSS is an even bigger mess for no reason, having not only the clones and Yoshi out of place but also more random characters. It's already hard enough to believe as the current "leak" stands.

Interesting stuff. But what if the 5 remaining characters are Wolf, Ice Climbers, Mewtwo, Lucas and Chorus Men? I seem to recall a mod said those vets were dead only to be followed up by someone saying he may have misspoke. It would mean DHD and Rob would get knocked to the bottom row, but none of the franchises with more than one rep would need to be split.
Funnily enough, that'd actually work. They could show up low enough on the roster and spread out enough that they wouldn't cut off anything else. Although I think the claim was Snake, not Mewtwo.

Tiny nitpick: ROB and DHD would get knocked to the second-to-last row, not the last. Or just ROB if Wolf is the only remaining character before them. The last row would consist of the clones, Shulk, and the third-parties. Or, if we assume Mewtwo instead of Snake, we'd get another character in his place on that row - either WFT at the start or another one of the extra characters, probably next to Shulk.

Last edited:

TeddyTrickster

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4398-9775-3736
Maybe the clones have their character counterparts' custom move sets as their default ones since custom moves can't be used for online play (against random people). Just a theory.

Last edited:

Espio264

Smash Ace
image.jpg

Found this on google.
Chop his head off, flip it and plant it back down, make the ears a bit bigger, modify the silver shoulder a bit and you've got the "leak".

And if that's not enough, there is so much more MS art on google that is similar enough to use to fake that pose.

Last edited:

TheOthin

Smash Apprentice
Wait, could the second to last row have room for one more character if everyone was moved to the left?
The "leaked" character screen has room for up to five more characters: one in the fifth row, and four in the sixth.

But if any of those characters went into one of the upper parts of the screen to join a series like DK or Metroid and pushed the others down Brawl-style, it's cause a cascade of games getting cut off at the scroll point.

Last edited:
View attachment 22654
Found this on google.
Chop his head off, flip it and plant it back down, modify the silver shoulder a bit and you've got the "leak".

And if that's not enough, there is so much more MS art on google that is similar enough to use to fake that pose.
The ears are bigger on the leak. But it looks really similar. Anything seems possible with photoshop these days.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Next direct, Zelda newcomer, call it.
Well technically couldn't the zelda newcomer be one of the remaining unrealsed 5 that we assume is in the game? The only way I see this being discredited is character on the leak with different renders, someone on the list being an AT (like Bowser Junior) or Doc/DP being alts

Espio264

Smash Ace
The ears are bigger on the leak. But it looks really similar. Anything seems possible with photoshop these days.
You're right, I've edited my previous post to reflect that. But they can be sized up in photoshop in half a second.

Plus...
image.jpg

There are so many bits and pieces to use to shop that picture to the letter, he was too easy of an option.

StarKun

Smash Champion
NNID
Star-Kun
This **** is a headache. Can we at least get new leads or something? Neo, is there anything you guys know that might help and wouldn't put whoever the hell is behind this in jeopardy?

micstar615

Smash Ace
That isn't how character slots work.

If Dr. Mario & Dark Pit are in the game, they are extra. They don't effect planned slots. They would presumably have been costumes, like Lucina, that evolved.

That means, the roster was already decided and created, and characters like Lucina, Dr. Mario & Dark Pit are in addition to what was planned. They aren't taking up spots that could've been used by other, unique characters. All they would be doing is taking the spots of OTHER clones OR taking up the spot of nobody.

So the outcomes would be:
- 45 characters + Lucina, Dr. Mario & Dark Pit
- 45 characters + Lucina & 2 other new clones
- 45 characters

If Lucina wasn't in the game, for example, that would not have made room for Chrom, or some non-clone character. It just would've meant one less character.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
I'm FAIRLY certain that the mirror reflected the darkness in Pit's heart. (spoilers?) But he was incomplete so he's not totally evil.
No the mirror created the opposite of Pit's biggest trait, his loyalty, so Dark Pit serves nobody. Basically, he's a rebel :p

I don't mind him that much but if this is real Sakurai should really get his priorities straight when it comes to series representation.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Hey, wasn't some guy supposed to prove he knew about the leak ahead of time or something and said he'd have proof today?

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
No the mirror created the opposite of Pit's biggest trait, his loyalty, so Dark Pit serves nobody. Basically, he's a rebel :p

I don't mind him that much but if this is real Sakurai should really get his priorities straight when it comes to series representation.
If he's a clone moveset-wise, it doesn't really matter. Unless there's a more deserving newcomer who could fill the role of a clone of someone.

Repiteo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Repiteo
Hey, wasn't some guy supposed to prove he knew about the leak ahead of time or something and said he'd have proof today?
Yep
Simple, I am a member of the smash 3 project, as well as shun and ninka, we communicate by skype to do our stuff. I was responsable of texturing Bowser, as many members that visited the thread already know, shun showed me the palletes, a week later the rest of the info. You can check the smash 3 op to look for the members of the project, I am in it. Thats the evidence of contact.

Why believe it?
I got nothing that tells you to believe me. Neither do I care to be believed. For I never posted on a chatter section of smashboards to know any of you. I never, ever wanted to be involved, but after I saw the bussiness with shun has settled, I tough it was safe and just get the secret out of my chest. I do however, have one last piece of evidence that proves my knowledge of the leak before it started. I'm on mobile however, and I need to take a single facebook screen sharing a post that dates before this mess started, by tomorrow, I'll share the pics.

I don't wanna be seen like a liar... its a bad first impression.

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
I think Dark Pit could be VERY different from Pit given the chance. He could be nothing even remotely close to a clone if they wanted. I'd personally give him the Dark Pit Staff from Uprising and make most his moves incorporate either that or other weapons from Uprising. He has a lot of potential... But nope. Clone.

Homsar3

Smash Apprentice
I saw an interesting move for the DHD that involves laughing at the screen, then quickly jumping away, while his starting position get's shot at.
EDIT: This was speculation not proof, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom