• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan50

Smash Cadet
I saw an interesting move for the DHD that involves laughing at the screen, then quickly jumping away, while his starting position get's shot at.
Hold it! You specifically saw this? Links or it didn't happen. I want to see some proof of this.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
The "leaked" character screen has room for up to five more characters: one in the fifth row, and four in the sixth.

But if any of those characters went into one of the upper parts of the screen to join a series like DK or Metroid and pushed the others down Brawl-style, it's cause a cascade of games getting cut off at the scroll point.
But if the bottom row has 4 characters, that leaves room for 5 down there.
6 all together is a possibility. Random button could be removed.

Repiteo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Repiteo
I think Dark Pit could be VERY different from Pit given the chance. He could be nothing even remotely close to a clone if they wanted. I'd personally give him the Dark Pit Staff from Uprising and make most his moves incorporate either that or other weapons from Uprising. He has a lot of potential... But nope. Clone.
I can imagine Dark Pit taking the Dr. Mario route.

Identical looking moves, but vastly different properties.

There is practically not a single move on Dr. Mario that functions identically to Mario. Some aren't even remotely similar (his neutral air is one-of-a-kind in fact). I can certainly see Dark Pit being the same way.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
I wouldn't look into character placement on the CSS too much. There's no reason why Sakurai wouldn't be able to find a way to arrange series into working arrangements.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I wouldn't look into character placement on the CSS too much. There's no reason why Sakurai wouldn't be able to find a way to arrange series into working arrangements.
Just hoping Shulk gets moved somewhere. I still can't fathom why he's down by Pac-Man. I mean what? That's just going to make silly people think he's a 3rd Party character. Sigh.

Repiteo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Repiteo
Just hoping Shulk gets moved somewhere. I still can't fathom why he's down by Pac-Man. I mean what? That's just going to make silly people think he's a 3rd Party character. Sigh.
Worst case scenario: Shulk is placed there because he's a clone character.

I can only imagine the reactions that would get from the community.

roosaurus

Smash Apprentice
This isn't in the second post and I wanted to bring it up. Many people say it's fake because all characters are selected and there's no "READY TO FIGHT" but truly, Kirby isn't selected. This doesn't hurt the leak, because in the E3 version we see that even though a character isn't selected they still have a non-transparent portrait below. Just bringing this up

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
The WORST part of the leak is by far dark pit.

Dark Pit: In one game as a supporting character. A different version of an already existing character. Gets in as a clone.

Dark Samus: Main villian of a critically acclaimed trilogy that is under repped. Could be unique OR a clone. Gets in as an assist trophy

I can't fathom why in the world Sakurai would put dark pit over dark samus. KI Bias

Last edited:

Ryan50

Smash Cadet
Worst case scenario: Shulk is placed there because he's a clone character.

I can only imagine the reactions that would get from the community.
Honestly, I think he was only placed there so it has a "reverse pyramid without a tip" format, so that the roster looks at least somewhat decent in it's shape. Going from 9 characters in a row to...3...seems like it'd look rather irksome

KingIceSonic

Smash Journeyman
Can someone please tell me why the Ninka leak is so important?(Why is it more special than every other leak)

Also why is the other leaker(The one who said Ridley/Dixie/Mewtwo)also important?

If this leak is fake then it was made from the Ninka leak

Xiaphas

Smash Cadet
This isn't in the second post and I wanted to bring it up. Many people say it's fake because all characters are selected and there's no "READY TO FIGHT" but truly, Kirby isn't selected. This doesn't hurt the leak, because in the E3 version we see that even though a character isn't selected they still have a non-transparent portrait below. Just bringing this up
The hand pose for Kirby matches the one still holding a selector, so this holds true.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Can someone please tell me why the Ninka leak is so important?(Why is it more special than every other leak)

Also why is the other leaker(The one who said Ridley/Dixie/Mewtwo)also important?

If this leak is fake then it was made from the Ninka leak
It has to do with color swaps.

Repiteo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Repiteo
Honestly, I think he was only placed there so it has a "reverse pyramid without a tip" format, so that the roster looks at least somewhat decent in it's shape. Going from 9 characters in a row to...3...seems like it'd look rather irksome
That is certainly a possibility as well. Should the rumor of this not being the full roster be true, we can likely expect Shulk to be shifted either up a row and to the right, or to the very left of the bottom row just before the clones.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895

Dark Pit: In one game as a supporting character. A different version of an already existing character. Gets in as a clone.

Dark Samus: Main villian of a critically acclaimed trilogy that is under repped. Gets in as an assist trophy

I can't fathom why in the world Sakurai would put dark pit over dark samus. KI Bias
Dark Pit was probably supposed to be a costume that got some difference. If he got a slot, he only got it because he was lucky. That's really simple to understand and I question why nobody in this forum has figured it out after the Lucina debacle.

Last edited:

Repiteo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Repiteo

Dark Samus: Main villian of a critically acclaimed trilogy that is under repped. Could be unique OR a clone. Gets in as an assist trophy

What are you talking about? Sakurai would NEVER show a clear bias in a series that he worked on over others that are clearly more deserving.

Oh...

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
Dark Pit was probably supposed to be a costume that got some difference. If he got a slot, he only got it because he was lucky. That's really simple to understand and I question why nobody in this forum has figured it out after the Lucina debacle.
Imo dark samus should have been in the exact same situation

What are you talking about? Sakurai would NEVER show a clear bias in a series that he worked on over others that are clearly more deserving.

Oh...
that picture makes me sick man

Last edited:

Ryan50

Smash Cadet
Dark Pit was probably supposed to be a costume that got lucky. If he got a slot, he only got it because he was lucky.
We don't know that. It's fully possible that he may just be with the clones because he's a clone in KI:U. For all we know, he could have his own moveset and different weapons than Pit, or he could have a clone moveset as well. It's too early to say honestly.

EDIT: Also about the bias pic...Drill Arm originated in Kirby 64 :p

Last edited:

CapnMuffin

Smash Apprentice
Not enough for what Smashboards can brew up.
It takes a real leak or a really REALLY good fake to last this long.
This one is the only non text leak/non Palutena fake to last 3 days.

In retrospect not that good, but it really had us trying hard.
Ah, memories.

Anyway, more on topic... Anyone try comparing fonts yet? Between the leak and the new PoTD music screen ?

StarKun

Smash Champion
NNID
Star-Kun
So much hate for pittoo, sheesh.

He's likely in, as maybe a clone or a "pit with different attacks." I can imagine either dark pit as having different weapons in his specials, a completely remade moveset, or even having pit's brawl moves.

Also never underestimate sakurai's ego stroking about his own games.

Repiteo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Repiteo
EDIT: Also about the bias pic...Drill Arm originated in Kirby 64 :p
Not really helping his case when the one item that doesn't originally belong to one of his series belongs to another one of his series.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
I'm just hoping that the amount of KI stuff in this will translate to more Uprising sales, it deserved better for all of the effort and quality.

Ryan50

Smash Cadet
Not really helping his case when the one item that doesn't originally belong to one of his series belongs to another one of his series.
...That was the joke :kirby:

EDIT: @ TeenGirlSquad TeenGirlSquad Meh, i could care less about names, they're almost exactly the same.

Last edited:

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
I'm just hoping that the amount of KI stuff in this will translate to more Uprising sales, it deserved better for all of the effort and quality.
Honestly I thought all the Uprising stuff just meant that. It's Sakurai's game. People see Dark Pit and Palutena as playable characters in Smash, attracts them to buy Uprising, which equals money in Sakurai's pocket. It's not "unfair" to Donkey Kong, it's just marketing.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Honestly I thought all the Uprising stuff just meant that. It's Sakurai's game. People see Dark Pit and Palutena as playable characters in Smash, attracts them to buy Uprising, which equals money in Sakurai's pocket. It's not "unfair" to Donkey Kong, it's just marketing.
I do feel kind of sorry for Donkey Kong, the series was originally the Nintendo bomb and has faded into an occasional platformer.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Personally, I think Sakurai had the clones planned from the beginning. Just that instead of saying 'I added clones 'cause that made more people happy than the alternative.' like he did when confronted about the clones in Melee, he said 'Hey, I think you're dumb, so here's a dumb excuse for Lucina's inclusion that you'll inevitably be okay with which will pave the way for the rest of the clones I have in store for you.'.

I mean, the guy's a genius. Pad Lucina's dumb excuse with a unique and interesting representative from the same franchise and then slip in Dr. Mario, a Melee rep people have (for whatever reason) been asking to return for ages, and no-one'll bat an eyelash at Dark Pit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom