• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
I don't se why people don't like Jungle Japes it's cool. Plus nothing can be worser than Wispy blowing wind in your direction when you're trying to recover.......Stupid tree owes me so many lives...
Unless we're talking Green Greens which I know nothing about... Wispy doesn't effect you until you get past the ledge. Jungle Japes has Klaptrap which can OHKO you even when you're hanging on the ledge. Slow characters get butchered on that stage. The edges are just strange. I love the aesthetics but I feel the platforms need to be changed a bit. A flat stage with a single platform in the center would be great in my opinion.

The only issue I see with Dark Pit is... How can you really tell him apart from Pit? Even if you change up his team colors from Pit's they are going to look very similar. That's a very minor gripe but it is a concern I have. And I am all for Dark Pit. Just I'll be annoyed if he's a straight up clone with different properties because he has SO much potential as a character.

Repiteo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Repiteo
I must say, that if this does turn out to be legit there's going to be one hell of a backlash about the cut vets like IC, Lucas and Wolf, especially as he's included Lucina, DP and Dark Pit.

There's no two ways about that.

Sakurai needs to get his flame shields out in full force.
Even though I'd be satisfied with the roster as is, for the sake of making those who had cut vets happy, I fully support DLC later down the line so that they can have the characters that they bonded with at some point in time.

If not, well, this roster does its job nicely. To me at least.

TheOthin

Smash Apprentice
So can someone clear up why there is a maybe for Ridley, chorus men, impa, mach rider, and Dixie. according to this leak.
Empty space on the roster, earlier leaks claimed some of them and also the characters that showed up here.

However, the character screen we've seen appears to have been designed without more DK, Zelda, or Metroid reps planned.

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
So can someone clear up why there is a maybe for Ridley, chorus men, impa, mach rider, and Dixie. according to this leak.
Impa -Ganondorf killed her before she got a letter.

mach Rider - C.Falcon already took his place

Dixie - Roadkill

Ridley - Dr.Mario shoved a explosive pil down his throat.

Chorus Men - KIA

D

Deleted member

Dark Pit is Sakurai's babies. If he wants a baby in he'll put a baby in. I mean either way we can't complain he makes the game afterall.
Actually, we can complain all we want. We are the consumers of his product after all.

We just can't really expect him to listen to us though. His design-philosophy is pretty strict.

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
Unless we're talking Green Greens which I know nothing about... Wispy doesn't effect you until you get past the ledge. Jungle Japes has Klaptrap which can OHKO you even when you're hanging on the ledge. Slow characters get butchered on that stage. The edges are just strange. I love the aesthetics but I feel the platforms need to be changed a bit. A flat stage with a single platform in the center would be great in my opinion.

The only issue I see with Dark Pit is... How can you really tell him apart from Pit? Even if you change up his team colors from Pit's they are going to look very similar. That's a very minor gripe but it is a concern I have. And I am all for Dark Pit. Just I'll be annoyed if he's a straight up clone with different properties because he has SO much potential as a character.
Well I'm talking about Dreamland (N64) really.

Actually, we can complain all we want. We are the consumers of his product after all.

We just can't really expect him to listen to us though. His design-philosophy is pretty strict.
I'd rather not complain about Sakurai choices. I'd rather not want the Nintendo Ninjas killing me..

Last edited by a moderator:

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
Well I'm talking about Dreamland (N64) really.
Well then my point stands. You should never die from Wispy while recovering. I have had something weird happen where I landed on the stage and was immediately pushed off by the wind and couldn't double jump or up b to recover but that was only once in the years and years I've played Melee. Klaptrap kills me all the time and I rarely ever played on that stage.

Repiteo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Repiteo
Off tangent, but I just noticed an interesting little optical illusion goin' on in the CSS

Is it just me, or does it look like there's a black triangle in he top-center of the CSS, with the points being on the top left of Ganondorf's head, Toon Link's hair, and the top of Kirby's character icon?

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
Well then my point stands. You should never die from Wispy while recovering. I have had something weird happen where I landed on the stage and was immediately pushed off by the wind and couldn't double jump or up b to recover but that was only once in the years and years I've played Melee. Klaptrap kills me all the time and I rarely ever played on that stage.
Klaptrap never kills me inless I get smashed into the water and he happens to appear but it doesn't make me mad or anything like some people. It's natural I guess just try not getting into the water alot.

Homsar3

Smash Apprentice
Off tangent, but I just noticed an interesting little optical illusion goin' on in the CSS

Is it just me, or does it look like there's a black triangle in he top-center of the CSS, with the points being on the top left of Ganondorf's head, Toon Link's hair, and the top of Kirby's character icon?
This is all clearly a conspiracy by Google to take over all Smash Bros. leaks.

TheBoozehammer

Smash Cadet

I think I see it, but it is hard to say. I might just be imagining it.

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633

I can't see for s**t even with these glasses on.

Samuel Intrater

Smash Apprentice

I don't see anything.

Fablemad

Smash Journeyman

Took quite a while to see it but I see it.

Reflexion of something off-screen maybe? Like the guy's cellphone? :p

Ryan50

Smash Cadet
-image clipped-
I think it's just you, I don't see anything.

Ryan50

Smash Cadet
Nope, it's not just him, I see it too. Look very carefully at the darkness around Ganondorf.
Yes, I see darkness on Ganondorf, but not this so called triangle involving Toon Link and Kirby. We already know Ganondorf's pic is pretty dark.

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
If Ninteninjas killed complainers Nintendo wouldn't have a consumer base anymore.
Well like my band teachers says. (But in my own way.)

No complaining, No Questions.

But in all seriousness just be glad we even have Smash Bros. coming at all because like I say Developers can totally cancel this game so really I just suggest some people to stop complaining and get used to it. The world doesn't revolve around you.

T

Trick or Treat

I don't think it means anything. But I can see the triangle pretty easily.

Homsar3

Smash Apprentice
Yes, I see darkness on Ganondorf, but not this so called triangle involving Toon Link and Kirby. We already know Ganondorf's pic is pretty dark.
If you follow the sides of the darkness it almost goes to Kirby's portrait, and I assume what he sees in Toon Link's is the shadow in his hair.

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
Ehh, don't blame ya' guys. It's pretty faint, and not really worth digging into. Just seeing if anyone else could see it as well.
I see it! I looked at the "Red Team" image and it looks like it's just where his heavy brow intersects with where the shadow starts on his head. Go to the first page to see what I mean! I would post it but I'm on mobile :/

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
B-But...Our magic paintbrush Final Smash D: YeahIwantedtousethatpaintbrush,sueme
Well I want to shoot more pils at people. Plus I'd rather have another Dk rep than Bowser Jr. (or someone even better. Shulk. Hue)

Repiteo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Repiteo
Let me help you guys a little
-snip-

It's weird because it seems to be leaking(l0l) into Kirby's portrait
Honestly, I think zooming in made it less easy to make out.

That said, it extending into the Kirby portrait can be attested to the black of the border merging with the black of the token.

micstar615

Smash Ace
So do ya'll think that

1) the CSS is going to move around after unlocking more characters

2) the final characters are only going to be in the last 2 rows

3) or that the leaked CSS is the final roster?

I'm hoping for the first but idk :(

Last edited:

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
So do ya'll think that the CSS is going to move around, or that the final characters are only going to be in the last 2 rows or that the leaked CSS is the final roster? I'm hoping for the first but idk :(
I'll be damned if this leak is true. As long as Bowser Jr. is out I'k ok.

Fablemad

Smash Journeyman
So do ya'll think that the CSS is going to move around, or that the final characters are only going to be in the last 2 rows or that the leaked CSS is the final roster? I'm hoping for the first but idk :(
HBvyFt.jpg

It works when rearranged, unlike some people on this board have said

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom