• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Honestly I thought all the Uprising stuff just meant that. It's Sakurai's game. People see Dark Pit and Palutena as playable characters in Smash, attracts them to buy Uprising, which equals money in Sakurai's pocket. It's not "unfair" to Donkey Kong, it's just marketing.
It is kinda unfair depending on how you view it. No new dk stages maybe one item and no newcomers? Are you serious?

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
It is kinda unfair depending on how you view it. No new dk stages maybe one item and no newcomers? Are you serious?
I don't se why people don't like Jungle Japes it's cool. Plus nothing can be worser than Wispy blowing wind in your direction when you're trying to recover.......Stupid tree owes me so many lives...

Xiaphas

Smash Cadet
Honestly, Dark Pit is the biggest thing going against this leak in my eyes. Sure KI is Sakurai's love child, but really, that's such a waste of a character slot.

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
Honestly, Dark Pit is the biggest thing going against this leak in my eyes. Sure KI is Sakurai's love child, but really, that's such a waste of a character slot.
Characters have already been decided before the E3 trailer so "waste of character slot" will probably make you look dumb.

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
It's not a waste of a character slot. Dark Pit doesn't take any slot from anyone. The roster was decided, if Dark Pit, Doctor Mario, and Lucina are in, it's additions to the already decided roster.

Repiteo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Repiteo
Personally, I think Sakurai had the clones planned from the beginning. Just that instead of saying 'I added clones 'cause that made more people happy than the alternative.' like he did when confronted about the clones in Melee, he said 'Hey, I think you're dumb, so here's a dumb excuse for Lucina's inclusion that you'll inevitably be okay with which will pave the way for the rest of the clones I have in store for you.'.

I mean, the guy's a genius. Pad Lucina's dumb excuse with a unique and interesting representative from the same franchise and then slip in Dr. Mario, a Melee rep people have (for whatever reason) been asking to return for ages, and no-one'll bat an eyelash at Dark Pit.
Ehh, it's debatable. I'm in the camp of clones being an afterthought, but I wouldn't exactly be surprised if they were part of Sakurai's master plan.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
What a load of crap. There's no reserved spots, and another character is always good.

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
Ehh, it's debatable. I'm in the camp of clones being an afterthought, but I wouldn't exactly be surprised if they were part of Sakurai's master plan.
Sakurai's Master Plan? I thought he just took all his unpredictable ideas out of his troll box.

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
Maybe Dark Pit is a sign that Kid Icarus U is on it's way :0

And I remember reading something (I couldn't find it) about Sakurai being afraid of showing bias towards his characters. I can still see that with Kirby, but I guess Kid Icarus is his new baby.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Maybe Dark Pit is a sign that Kid Icarus U is on it's way :0

And I remember reading something (I couldn't find it) about Sakurai being afraid of showing bias towards his characters. I can still see that with Kirby, but I guess Kid Icarus is his new baby.
I sure hope so, Kid Icarus U would have me ecstatic.

TheOthin

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't look into character placement on the CSS too much. There's no reason why Sakurai wouldn't be able to find a way to arrange series into working arrangements.
Sakurai could find a way to put that roster in a working arrangement, yes. My point is that if he was trying to do that, he would've ordered the characters in a way considerably different from what the leaked CSS shows.

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
Uprising is one of my favorite games, so if there are more Kid Icarus characters coming, f**king bring them all in!

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
Uprising is one of my favorite games, so if there are more Kid Icarus characters coming, f**king bring them all in!
We don't wanna overfill the roster with Sakurai's babies. Dark Pit's fine to me.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Lol. Dark Pit has always been in plain sight. People just refused to believe it.

He was in that picture of figures Sakurai posted fighting amongst characters that were already in the game. One of which was in fact just Pit.

The cliff-hanger at the end of Palutena's trailer wasn't the first time there was an intent shown by Sakurai to have Dark Pit as a thing.

And even then people refused to believe the true meaning of what a cliff hanger really is and tried to talk around it, until now they're being smacked in the face with how wrong they were. Even if this CSS ends up fake. He's more than likely in considering the further tease of him in the magazine scan.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Imo dark samus should have been in the exact same situation
Dark Samus, a character who has defined abilities and traits that are completely different from Samus vs Dark Pit, a character that uses the same exact equipment as Pit.

Honestly, it doesn't sound like you want Dark Samus, but rather you don't want Dark Pit.

I would prefer it if Dark Samus got in as a character, but as her own character who doesn't have to worry about being a clone. I literally imagine Dark Pit as a clone. Maybe one that has different weapons for some reason but a clone nonetheless. It would be true to his character. I'm sure some of you are thinking I'm hating on Dark Pit but the fact is I'm defending him. I love Dark Pit, I love the work done with his character in KIU and his theme is just the best. But his position in the roster will probably just be a clone.
asmuchasidontwantittohappen

Personally, I think Sakurai had the clones planned from the beginning. Just that instead of saying 'I added clones 'cause that made more people happy than the alternative.' like he did when confronted about the clones in Melee, he said 'Hey, I think you're dumb, so here's a dumb excuse for Lucina's inclusion that you'll inevitably be okay with which will pave the way for the rest of the clones I have in store for you.'.

I mean, the guy's a genius. Pad Lucina's dumb excuse with a unique and interesting representative from the same franchise and then slip in Dr. Mario, a Melee rep people have (for whatever reason) been asking to return for ages, and no-one'll bat an eyelash at Dark Pit.
I don't know, the way Sakurai worded it made it seem like we'll get characters within characters so I'm not sure. This could be true but I somehow doubt it. Just seems like a way to make something worse than what it actually is.

Stop with the character slot thing. It's been disproven so many times already. He's not a waste, he's literally an addition. It was either 47 characters or 47 characters + Dark Pit.

Last edited:

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Lol. Dark Pit has always been in plain sight. People just refused to believe it.

He was in that picture of figures Sakurai posted fighting amongst characters that were already in the game. One of which was in fact just Pit.

The cliff-hanger at the end of Palutena's trailer wasn't the first time there was an intent shown by Sakurai to have Dark Pit as a thing.

And even then people refused to believe the true meaning of what a cliff hanger really is and tried to talk around it, until now they're being smacked in the face with how wrong they were. Even if this CSS ends up fake. He's more than likely in considering the further tease of him in the magazine scan.
Touchè.

Ryan50

Smash Cadet
We definitely should have a third rep.
I have to agree here. The DK series needs a third rep, whether it's Dixie or K Rool, or maybe someone else I don't know about? The series' representation is pretty underwhelming. Heck, even some more items would be nice, even if they brought back the Barrel Canons as an item, it'd still help the series representation, much more than the Kremlings existence in Smash Run would provide.

But ahh, I think I was getting a tad bit off topic at the end there, since the leaks aren't about a series being under-represented, but it representation does bring me to my next point. If this leak is correct, at least we didn't get Magnus instead of Dark Pit. Yes, he'd be pretty awesome with that gigantic sword, but his role is even smaller than Dark Pit's

Repiteo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Repiteo

That...

...Is actually a really good point. Wow. It never occurred to me just how much he's been teased.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
I have to agree here. The DK series needs a third rep, whether it's Dixie or K Rool, or maybe someone else I don't know about? The series' representation is pretty underwhelming. Heck, even some more items would be nice, even if they brought back the Barrel Canons as an item, it'd still help the series representation, much more than the Kremlings existence in Smash Run would provide.

But ahh, I think I was getting a tad bit off topic at the end there, since the leaks aren't about a series being under-represented, but it representation does bring me to my next point. If this leak is correct, at least we didn't get Magnus instead of Dark Pit. Yes, he'd be pretty awesome with that gigantic sword, but his role is even smaller than Dark Pit's
I don't understand why people were clamoring for Magnus.

Last edited:

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633

He only appeared in like what 2 missions and you don't see him again til like a year later so I'll take Dark Pit over him anyday.

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
What a load of crap. There's no reserved spots, and another character is always good.
Agreed! I like clones, to me they are options. Okay, I like the play style of Pit, so now I can choose one set of traits (let's say speed and agility) or choose Dark Pit (stronger attacks). I don't see anything wrong with that. Plus you could tell a lot about someone whether they picked Marth or Roy ;)

Also, "taking away spots" is BS.

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
Agreed! I like clones, to me they are options. Okay, I like the play style of Pit, so now I can choose one set of traits (let's say speed and agility) or choose Dark Pit (stronger attacks). I don't see anything wrong with that. Plus you could tell a lot about someone whether they picked Marth or Roy ;)

Also, "taking away spots" is BS.
I love clones. Dr.Mario is my favorite clone out there.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
I like kid Icarus and the dark pit addition (although an alt makes more sense) but this roster has 0 of the hype 3. That is a significant failure in my eyes. HOWEVER, whether or not a character is or isn't in the leak does not affect it's validity.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I must say, that if this does turn out to be legit there's going to be one hell of a backlash about the cut vets like IC, Lucas and Wolf, especially as he's included Lucina, DP and Dark Pit.

There's no two ways about that.

Sakurai needs to get his flame shields out in full force.

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
I must say, that if this does turn out to be legit there's going to be one hell of a backlash about the cut vets like IC, Lucas and Wolf, especially as he's included Lucina, DP and Dark Pit.

There's no two ways about that.

Sakurai needs to get his flame shields out in full force.
Sakurai doesn't need flame shield. He has the Nintendo ninjas...Remember their always watching...

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
My only real problem with Dark Pit is that Kid Icarus now has 3 reps, while older or more popular series like DK, Metroid, and Star Fox now only have 2. What's more, Star Fox actually LOSES a deserving and popular character from their series. Kid Icarus has 3 games and was dead for over 20 years. If so many series weren't being shafted, I would have no problem accepting Dark Pit as an 'bonus'. What's even more, if Sakurai hadn't spent development time giving Palutena 12 freaking specials, a couple of those veterans might not of had to have been cut in the first place.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
My only real problem with Dark Pit is that Kid Icarus now has 3 reps, while older or more popular series like DK, Metroid, and Star Fox now only have 2.
I'd have been fine with Kid Icarus getting three reps if the third rep was, say, Medusa or Hades.

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
My only real problem with Dark Pit is that Kid Icarus now has 3 reps, while older or more popular series like DK, Metroid, and Star Fox now only have 2. What's more, Star Fox actually LOSES a deserving and popular character from their series. Kid Icarus has 3 games and was dead for over 20 years. If so many series weren't being shafted, I would have no problem accepting Dark Pit as an 'bonus'. What's even more, if Sakurai hadn't spent development time giving Palutena 12 freaking specials, a couple of those veterans might not of had to have been cut in the first place.
Dark Pit is Sakurai's babies. If he wants a baby in he'll put a baby in. I mean either way we can't complain he makes the game afterall.

Waluigi is too big

Smash Journeyman
NNID
waluigi44
So can someone clear up why there is a maybe for Ridley, chorus men, impa, mach rider, and Dixie. according to this leak.

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
Maybe he is trying to emulate what happened with Marth and Roy, just on a different scale.

They were unknown to american audiences, but through Smash became popular, viola! now we have FE.

If people fall in love with Pit, Palutena and Dark Pit there might be more incentive to keep up with the revival.

Major difference is that FE was already popular in Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom