• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

backlot

Smash Journeyman
ITT: people don't know how 4chan works. Every post on 4chan expires in like a day, guys.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You guys know 4Chan threads aren't permanent, right?

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
EDIT: :4greninja:'d

Also, it's worth noting that this leak is separate from the main leak, and should be treated as such.
I can't even begin to tell you how much I want that to be real. But I just don't see Metal working as an Alternative for Sonic unless they were to change his animations to fit Metal more.
Come to think of it, didnt a Metal Sonic trophy show up briefly in the gallery of the Smash 3DS E3 Trailer?

StarKun

Smash Champion
NNID
Star-Kun
Absolutely nothing. We haven't budged an inch towards either fake or real at this point in time. And it'a probably gonna stay that way until either Sakurai announces a new character, the game comes out, or the mods feel safe enough to speak up about this whole thing.
for the love of god

did that one modder guy at lease show proof that he got the leak first?

Homsar3

Smash Apprentice
Building the leak from the ground up.
Let's start with planning, he would have either had to come up with a leak, or find a leak that's believable, or not popular enough to get noticed, and take inspiration from this, changing bits here and there to make it seem like it's not an entire rip-off, this, being the planning phase, this is to assume it's one person, could take a few hours.
Next, we move onto renders, which, I'm no artist, but the full character renders must have taken some time, as they had to line up well with the artstyle of this game, fit over a base of the menu, and still resemble the original character. This could've taken days, just for the newcomers.
Now, we move onto veteran renders, of which we have 8 different un-announced veterans. For these he would've either had to completely create these renders from scratch, or use a base, that, for most of these characters, can be identified, and touch it up so that it looks real enough to pass.
Finally, he would have to come up with the GUIs, as we haven't seen the settings on the bottom screen before, or the title screen, or the full SSS or CSS. This would've taken a fair amount of time, keeping in mind that all of this had to be done within the time that the Ninka leak happened. So, either our friend is a ninja, or they are not alone, and we have multiple people all working on one big leak.
That is, unless this is real, which I hope to god is.
Now, these CSPs were well done if fabricated and each could've taken a day, and if he already had a Meta-knight CSP ready before the reveal, he would have had to scrap that entirely, wasting another few hours to a day that it took to make the Meta-knight, and crop the new CSP to fit in the menu. Each of the new characters could've taken a day to make, if made from the ground up. So, as of right now that puts us at 4 full body newcomers, and one icon of one, which could easily just be a modified Pit. This would make up for the time lost on Meta-Knight, so if we are going to find a flaw anywhere my guess is it will be on Dark Pit, who was probably thrown together quickly if this is fake. So, that puts us at 4 days of newcomers\Melee Vets, some lost time made back on Meta-Knight with Dark Pit, and now for the veterans we have ROB, who could've taken a short while to edit, as we only see his face, which wouldn't be hard to touch up, my guess is 1-3 hours (again, I'm not exactly an artist, I don't know this stuff), Wario is under the same scenario, as we already know he is from SSE, so another few hours, G&W was probably easiest to fake (if he was) due to his few frames of animation. Ness seems to be a completely new portrait, which makes sense when you think about it, as he is the only non-melee unnanounced vet to show up with a full body CSP. So... make of this what you will, have fun!
EDIT: Dark Pit easily could have been where Meta-Knight was, but he changed it when MK was announced, so he didn't look sketchy.

Last edited:

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
I can't even begin to tell you how much I want that to be real. But I just don't see Metal working as an Alternative for Sonic unless they were to change his animations to fit Metal more.
Come to think of it, didnt a Metal Sonic trophy show up briefly in the gallery of the Smash 3DS E3 Trailer?
It matches the leak except for the ears, in which the leak has bright yellow insides and the trophy appears to have dark blue.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Someone should have printed screen or something though

that's what they do with other threads

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
It's getting funny now. I'll make some more comics to illustrate the situation to the viewers.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I dunno

I think it's closer to Magicant from Mother 1

Magicant from Mother 2 has a purple section but no bright pink

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I dunno

I think it's closer to Magicant from Mother 1

Magicant from Mother 2 has a purple section but no bright pink
Perhaps it's off-screen, or is similar to the Pilotwings stage? I haven't played Mother or Earthbound, so I'm not sure of that feasibility.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
It matches the leak except for the ears, in which the leak has bright yellow insides and the trophy appears to have dark blue.
That's true. He would've had to make that whole video in about 2 days to pull that off... Well we'l have to wait and see I guess. We have enough on our plate in terms of leaks right now. D:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This is magicant from mother 2

and this is magicant from mother 1

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
The white "pictochat"-esque picture in the CSS screen doesn't look like any part of Pictochat that's in Brawl as far as I know. However, I do think it looks like it could be a Rhythm Heaven stage, or maybe another drawing program. Art Academy? The ill-fated Flipnote Studio 3D even? (doubt that)

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
That's true. He would've had to make that whole video in about 2 days to pull that off... Well we'l have to wait and see I guess. We have enough on our plate in terms of leaks right now. D:
Sometimes less is more, right? We already have to deal with angry people due to the absence of Ridley, Mewtwo, or K. Rool in the leak while they try to disprove it or give credit to Nintendo for the leak (wtf?!?!?).

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
I think from here there will only be more leaks! The closer we are to release more people will see it and talk about it and take pictures, etc. Sure there will be lulls, but I think this is the beginning of a nice stream of info. We'll see, but I'm happy we got that video (real or fake!).

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
I think from here there will only be more leaks! The closer we are to release more people will see it and talk about it and take pictures, etc. Sure there will be lulls, but I think this is the beginning of a nice stream of info. We'll see, but I'm happy we got that video (real or fake!).
"Nice" stream. Someone will be mad at every legit leak we get. For example, the CSS and the stage screen. Even Metal Sonic, people thought the fans would get mad at him not being a clone rather than an alt. That just shows the fanbase is impossible to please.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
Building the leak from the ground up.
Let's start with planning, he would have either had to come up with a leak, or find a leak that's believable, or not popular enough to get noticed, and take inspiration from this, changing bits here and there to make it seem like it's not an entire rip-off, this, being the planning phase, this is to assume it's one person, could take a few hours.
Next, we move onto renders, which, I'm no artist, but the full character renders must have taken some time, as they had to line up well with the artstyle of this game, fit over a base of the menu, and still resemble the original character. This could've taken days, just for the newcomers.
Now, we move onto veteran renders, of which we have 8 different un-announced veterans. For these he would've either had to completely create these renders from scratch, or use a base, that, for most of these characters, can be identified, and touch it up so that it looks real enough to pass.
Finally, he would have to come up with the GUIs, as we haven't seen the settings on the bottom screen before, or the title screen, or the full SSS or CSS. This would've taken a fair amount of time, keeping in mind that all of this had to be done within the time that the Ninka leak happened. So, either our friend is a ninja, or they are not alone, and we have multiple people all working on one big leak.
That is, unless this is real, which I hope to god is.
Now, these CSPs were well done if fabricated and each could've taken a day, and if he already had a Meta-knight CSP ready before the reveal, he would have had to scrap that entirely, wasting another few hours to a day that it took to make the Meta-knight, and crop the new CSP to fit in the menu. Each of the new characters could've taken a day to make, if made from the ground up. So, as of right now that puts us at 4 full body newcomers, and one icon of one, which could easily just be a modified Pit. This would make up for the time lost on Meta-Knight, so if we are going to find a flaw anywhere my guess is it will be on Dark Pit, who was probably thrown together quickly if this is fake. So, that puts us at 4 days of newcomers\Melee Vets, some lost time made back on Meta-Knight with Dark Pit, and now for the veterans we have ROB, who could've taken a short while to edit, as we only see his face, which wouldn't be hard to touch up, my guess is 1-3 hours (again, I'm not exactly an artist, I don't know this stuff), Wario is under the same scenario, as we already know he is from SSE, so another few hours, G&W was probably easiest to fake (if he was) due to his few frames of animation. Ness seems to be a completely new portrait, which makes sense when you think about it, as he is the only non-melee unnanounced vet to show up with a full body CSP. So... make of this what you will, have fun!
EDIT: Dark Pit easily could have been where Meta-Knight was, but he changed it when MK was announced, so he didn't look sketchy.
This is all before we even begin looking at stages. He'd have research, plan and redesign. He needs an early copy of Famitsu. He created a new angle of paper mario stage and tomodachi, created new brawl level icons, and a new image in pictochat.

THEN he needs to fake a fight with charizard, shulk, ganondorf, and lucina using brawl mods

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Interesting...I think Mother 1's Magicent is too light for the leak though, it's more hot pink.
Well, it's closer IMO

The stage would have to updated from the NES version

and The colors of that leak pic ARE off because of the quality There is some light pink in it with darker pink shading

Homsar3

Smash Apprentice
This is all before we even begin looking at stages. He'd have research, plan and redesign. He needs an early copy of Famitsu. He created a new angle of paper mario stage and tomodachi, created new brawl level icons, and a new image in pictochat.

THEN he needs to fake a fight with charizard, shulk, ganondorf, and lucina using brawl mods
Indeed, this altogether, although it COULD fit in that time frame, doesn't seem likely.

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
"Nice" stream. Someone will be mad at every legit leak we get. For example, the CSS and the stage screen. Even Metal Sonic, people thought the fans would get mad at him not being a clone rather than an alt. That just shows the fanbase is impossible to please.
That's my favorite part! I love the debate, discussion, excitement. I said earlier in this thread that I haven't even paid my $40 and I'm already getting so much entertainment. Such a passionate community adds so much to this game, despite all of the conflict.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
Indeed, this altogether, although it COULD fit in that time frame, doesn't seem likely.
Especially since he had to make sure none of these images contradict each other, meaning checking and re checking

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
That's my favorite part! I love the debate, discussion, excitement. I said earlier in this thread that I haven't even paid my $40 and I'm already getting so much entertainment. Such a passionate community adds so much to this game, despite all of the conflict.
Pretty much. This entertainment, in the hundreds of hours I've spent here, makes Smash Bros. worth it. All I need is popcorn.

TheOthin

Smash Apprentice
So a lot of people seem to be expecting this character select screen to pair with others predicting similar rosters plus Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie Kong, and the Chorus Kids, such that those characters fill remaining spots on the character select screen.

I don't think that works.

Let's look at Row #2.

We can see that this row is packed with DK, Zelda, and Metroid characters. Adding even one more character to any of those games would cause it to overflow, forcing characters to the next row. Whether we add Dixie, Ridley, or both, we end up with Metroid characters split between Row #2 and Row #3. This strikes me as difficult to believe; that's how in-progress rosters work, not completed ones. The only way to fix it would be if we got either another Zelda character or a standalone character (like the Chorus Kids) somewhere else in the row to finish forcing the Metroid characters out.

So if we assume Dixie and Ridley, plus the Chorus Kids where they'd have to be, we get rows #2 and #3 looking like this:

Donkey Kong | Diddy Kong | Dixie Kong | Link | Zelda | Sheik | Ganondorf | Toon Link | Chorus Kids
Samus | ZSS | Ridley | Pit | Palutena | Marth | Ike | Robin | Kirby

Another problem! By adding two characters before them, the Kirby characters start getting pushed off Row #3. And Mewtwo isn't any place where it'd affect this. The only way to avoid a split Kirby roster would be if the unlisted fifth character is somewhere before Kirby.

But let's roll with that. Let's say that fifth character can show up somewhere useful (say, by being Ice Climbers) and pushes Kirby down to Row #4, so that the whole Kirby series is in a row there. Does that work? Let's see how Row #4 looks now.

Kirby | Dedede | Meta Knight | Little Mac | Fox | Falco | Pikachu | Charizard | Lucario

No matter where you stick Mewtwo, there's no fixing this. The Pokemon roster is split between rows #4 and #5 and there's no preventing it. Not without arbitrarily teleporting large numbers of characters around the screen, that is.

CONCLUSION: It is possible to add five characters to the "leaked" CSS to make it take on the shape of a rectangle. However, if that set of characters includes DK and/or Metroid characters (as in the Ridley/Mewtwo/Dixie claims people like to link to this), Brawl-style CSS scrolling will displace the previous characters in such a way that will result in splitting even more series' character lineups. Therefore, I do not believe the Ridley/Mewtwo/Dixie roster is compatible with the "leaked" CSS.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
So a lot of people seem to be expecting this character select screen to pair with others predicting similar rosters plus Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie Kong, and the Chorus Kids, such that those characters fill remaining spots on the character select screen.

Let's look at Row #2.

We can see that this row is packed with DK, Zelda, and Metroid characters. Adding even one more character to any of those games would cause it to overflow, forcing characters to the next row. Whether we add Dixie, Ridley, or both, we end up with Metroid characters split between Row #2 and Row #3. This strikes me as difficult to believe; that's how in-progress rosters work, not completed ones. The only way to fix it would be if we got either another Zelda character or a standalone character (like the Chorus Kids) somewhere else in the row to finish forcing the Metroid characters out.

So if we assume Dixie and Ridley, plus the Chorus Kids where they'd have to be, we get rows #2 and #3 looking like this:

Donkey Kong | Diddy Kong | Dixie Kong | Link | Zelda | Sheik | Ganondorf | Toon Link | Chorus Kids

Another problem! By adding two characters before them, the Kirby characters start getting pushed off Row #3. And Mewtwo isn't any place where it'd affect this. The only way to avoid a split Kirby roster would be if the unlisted fifth character is somewhere before Kirby.

But let's roll with that. Let's say that fifth character can show up somewhere useful (say, by being Ice Climbers) and pushes Kirby down to Row #4, so that the whole Kirby series is in a row there. Does that work? Let's see how Row #4 looks now.

Kirby | Dedede | Meta Knight | Little Mac | Fox | Falco | Pikachu | Charizard | Lucario

No matter where you stick Mewtwo, there's no fixing this. The Pokemon roster is split between rows #4 and #5 and there's no preventing it. Not without arbitrarily teleporting large numbers of characters around the screen, that is.

CONCLUSION: It is possible to add five characters to the "leaked" CSS to make it take on the shape of a rectangle. However, if that set of characters includes DK and/or Metroid characters (as in the Ridley/Mewtwo/Dixie claims people like to link to this), Brawl-style CSS scrolling will displace the previous characters in such a way that will result in splitting even more series' character lineups. Therefore, I do not believe the Ridley/Mewtwo/Dixie roster is compatible with the "leaked" CSS.
Just saying, Impa and Dixie properly misplace the Metroid series (provided they aren't clones).

Homsar3

Smash Apprentice
Especially since he had to make sure none of these images contradict each other, meaning checking and re checking
Add on that he had to get this to show up on a 3DS through some software, or edit the picture to look like it's being displayed on a 3DS, and come up with that cryptic name that may have an actual reason behind it, and all this other stuff, and... it's possible. Not likely that it was faked, but still barely possible... especially if the leaker wasn't alone.

TheOthin

Smash Apprentice
Just saying, Impa and Dixie properly misplace the Metroid series (provided they aren't clones).
Stick Dixie and Impa into Row #2 and you fully displace the Metroid series, but split the Kirby series. Stick Ridley and the Chorus Kids into Row #3 and you fully displace the Kirby series, but split the Pokemon series.

It all works out the same way. It solves the initial problems, but more show up down the line and aren't gonna be fixed.

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra

Let's look at Row #2.

While it is important to look at the organization behind the CSS and the leak, I highly doubt that Sakurai or his team would ever say "well, this doesn't work on the CSS so we can't add this character..." He has broken tradition before, so I don't see how this lends itself to the roster/leak being fake.

I can tell you put a lot of work into this logic though, so don't feel like I'm trying to disregard you! This is just what I think...

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Stick Dixie and Impa into Row #2 and you fully displace the Metroid series, but split the Kirby series. Stick Ridley and the Chorus Kids into Row #3 and you fully displace the Kirby series, but split the Pokemon series.

It all works out the same way. It solves the initial problems, but more show up down the line and aren't gonna be fixed.
There's a good point. Touchè. As clone characters go, the two could still fit in the bottom (if you move Shulk up and the other three are single-series reps). Those are straws I'm grasping, I understand. It's just a theory, I don't care for these characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom