• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
Any leak could be fake, it's just that this one has A LOT of evidence going for it.
thats not something i'd want to know. i just hate this leak so much. i liked the gematsu so much better, even if it didn't have ridley or king k rool there. the only thing i can do is wait and hope sakurai can confirm this to be fake in any way.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
If I was a highly-respected member of a popular community I wouldn't lie about something as dramatic as this, so at the least the mods believe the information they're getting.
If they never come forward, they'll never be caught, what risk to reputation is actually at stake here.

D

Deleted member

That is possible. Considering there are Shulk models imported on Ike, it is completely possible, though none of those mods have the Monado on his back.
we're just going through the steps the leakers would have to take if this was faked

D

Deleted member

Nothing for the first leak, however there's a Youtube video up which shows a Metal Sonic alternate costume for Sonic.
Please be sure to include sources for your information. Do you have a link to this?

Edit: Sniped.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
Well, lemme ask something I don't recall seeing mentioned throughout this thread. So, the whole "Chorus Kids" theory is supported by there being a Rhythm Heaven enemy in Smash Run, right? So as far as other franchises, like Metal Gear and Xenoblade, that we haven't seen yet, what would be the reason that they wouldn't have representation as enemies in Smash Run? I know Snake isn't part of the leak (except for the DLC part) but this mainly applies because it calls into question the entire concept of adding new "universes" at all.

I mean, it seems like Metal Gear and Xenoblade would definitely have representation on this front, since they're "guest characters" (Shulk less so, since his game is 2nd party rather than 3rd party). After all, not all first-party franchises have a Smash Run enemy like Animal Crossing and Punch Out. However, an obvious explanation for that is that those worlds don't really have generic "enemies", like Xenoblade and Metal Gear definitely would.

Just some food for thought regarding the leak. Anyone think I'm onto something, or is my brain just tricking me into thinking that the thoughts it produces are interesting.
Ice climbers and rhythm heaven could be cut but their smash run enemies were still included in e3 build. Those enemies could remain or not in final.

Since it was a demo, Shulks and snakes enemies just may not be in the demo but would be in the final.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
So what's the update?
Any new evidence if it's fake or real?
Absolutely nothing. We haven't budged an inch towards either fake or real at this point in time. And it'a probably gonna stay that way until either Sakurai announces a new character, the game comes out, or the mods feel safe enough to speak up about this whole thing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

we're just going through the steps the leakers would have to take if this was faked
Then I am of no help here. I have no idea how long it takes to import a model into Brawl, though it is entirely possible to import that Shulk model over Ike's bones, and then use a size mod to make him smaller.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Ice climbers and rhythm heaven could be cut but their smash run enemies were still included in e3 build. Those enemies could remain or not in final.

Since it was a demo, Shulks and snakes enemies just may not be in the demo but would be in the final.
That's true, but there's really no reason to remove finished content just for simplicity. Although it has happened before in other series, I have yet to see any examples in Smash.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
What magazine did that tomadachi life picture come from?

Right.

What mod has insider friends with that magazine.
You're seriously being ridiculous. Not only would the person need to make those models (FROM OUR STAFF), keep that much attention to detail (FROM OUR STAFF), and risk the website's credibility (FROM OUR STAFF), but we'd need to get Famitsu early and use it to create the fake leak (FROM OUR STAFF)? And you really think this adds up?

This is a Sentence

Smash Cadet
There is some things that I noticed when looking at the leaks that Ness doesn't have a stage even though he him self is unlocked, the picture of Shulk and Lucina fighting with Gannondorf and Charzard on Yoshi's island WITHOUT the outline of team red and blue, the camera focusing on Shulk in the victory screen (maybe it might be something new for the 3ds version), and the way that Lucina is posing on the left of that same victory screen extactly like her portrait.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord

Right.

I'm sure there's no moderators with secret "inside friends" at Famitsu. Also, the rooms are at a different angle.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
Yeah, that Metal Sonic design looks fake, and isn't even connected to this leak so I can just discard it.
Except that it shares a css design with the big leak, giving this new leaker less than 2 days to fake this.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Chorus Kids are linked to Ridley, Dixie and Mewtwo. All those characters, if it is real, are in the same boat.

Impa is also from a leak with DHD and Jr, but only one, that came later than the leak with the former four. She however has the trophy theory backing her.

If we believe Ridley, Mewtwo and Dixie are in, we can't put the Kids away.

D

Deleted member

Then I am of no help here. I have no idea how long it takes to import a model into Brawl, though it is entirely possible to import that Shulk model over Ike's bones, and then use a size mod to make him smaller.
yeah, i have no experience with that type of stuff withe so I have no idea

Repiteo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Repiteo

Right.

...What mod does have insider friends with that magazine?

First I heard of this.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
There is some things that I noticed when looking at the leaks that Ness doesn't have a stage even though he him self is unlocked, the picture of Shulk and Lucina fighting with Gannondorf and Charzard on Yoshi's island WITHOUT the outline of team red and blue, the camera focusing on Shulk in the victory screen (maybe it might be something new for the 3ds version), and the way that Lucina is posing on the left of that same victory screen extactly like her portrait.
Isn't the pink stage Magicant?

The outlines can be turned off.

It may be a 3DS gyroscope camera feature.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
The pink stage on the far right middle appears to be Magicant from Mother 2.

Edit - Sorry, ninja'd.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Except that it shares a css design with the big leak, giving this new leaker less than 2 days to fake this.
Oh yeah, speaking of research for the stages, a lot of research probably went into designing an original render(you know, if this happens to be fake), so that will add time to each character render

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Luigi's Mansion wasn't unlocked till you used Luigi 10 times.

The True Blue Bomber

Smash Rookie
Guys, either something is wrong with my internet somehow, the link in the 'Potential Leak Surfaces' news thread is wrong, or something is up. I tried to go to the 4chan post that had the leak, but when I clicked the link, well, just see:
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/258734312
CONSPIRACYYYYYYY!

It's not just your internet, it's gone. Well, prepare for a flood of "Oh the leaker's hiding something therefore it's real" :glare:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom