• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If leaker(s) is telling the truth about dlc and extra newcomers, we are looking at a roster of around 60 fighters.

According to some research, the 4chan post with the DLC characters was fake, if that's what you're referring to.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Uh guys, couldn't the leak be real and Ridley just hasn't been unlocked yet? They put a question mark over Mewtwo after all, and it seems likely that there are more characters, since multiple sources have said so, and the CSS looks out of whack. Instead of arguing that the leak is fake, shouldn't you guys be arguing that Ridley could still be in the game?

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
like people have pointed out that it is possible that they used a brawl mod for the shulk and ganon gameplay stuff
I have no modding background, so i have no idea how long it would take to do that
Fair enough.

At the very least, the leak would take a week to make the character models, assuming they are working full time. I think that sounds fair to me.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
That's not the argument. The fact is that the SSE cutscene Wario's face details line up perfectly with the leak render. Of course it has been modified quite a bit, but some things cannot be denied like the pupils in the exact same place, eyebrows, googles, nose, teeth, etc.

But of course as a lot of people said, Wario looks like Wario
Just like how Mario looks like Mario.

:p

Last edited:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Uh guys, couldn't the leak be real and Ridley just hasn't been unlocked yet? They put a question mark over Mewtwo after all, and it seems likely that there are more characters, since multiple sources have said so, and the CSS looks out of whack. Instead of arguing that the leak is fake, shouldn't you guys be arguing that Ridley could still be in the game?
Everything has to be about Ridley now.

D

Deleted member

Fair enough.

At the very least, the leak would take a week to make the character models, assuming they are working full time. I think that sounds fair to me.
Then next I would assume would be the Stage select screen, I think it wouldn't take too long to make the icons, but I think a lot of time would go into determining which angle the stages should be at, and researching what has been shown of the stages.

deebeethedeity

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1306-6746-5618
Well there is room for 5 more to make an even grid. I'm hoping its Mewtwo, Ridley, K. Rool, Chorus Kids, and Impa/any zelda rep

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
Then next I would assume would be the Stage select screen, I think it wouldn't take too long to make the icons, but I think a lot of time would go into determining which angle the stages should be at, and researching what has been shown of the stages.
Well there are a couple new stages, so they would need to be designed. Also we have some new angles, and the stage screen would need to be done. I think we can say that the stage screen looks pretty simple, so that might not have taken that long.

But let's not ignore the amount of time doing research must have been done. This is a guy who noticed the "thick line" glitch that NO ONE ELSE on smashboards caught. He must have really been watching hours and hours of videos looking for small details.

D

Deleted member

So basically, if this was fake, then someone or some people immediately began work creating perfect custom models since that Ninka leak, as well as believable screens including the customization screen and stage select screen, and included Brinstar as either a lucky guess or a very last minute addition. They also very astutely surmised that the Gameboy stage is a Kirby stage, wisely guessed that Mii's would not be on the Character Select screen (which most of us did not even think about) because customizations are off, and made a risky choice of including Duck Hunt Dog but no obvious choices and even cut some Brawl vets. Against normal logic, they moved some clones to a clone corner, and even noticed a graphical glitch on the 3DS and recreated it.

The chances of all this....are slim, IMO. Apparently this is looking a lot like when Brawl's roster was leaked and nobody believed R.O.B. was for real.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Let me paint a picture...

We have a leak, brought forward to us by a mod, that he found on 4chan. (Every fake leak ever posted there, anonymous)Mod claims he has sources that work at Nintendo, and support this. (My dad is sakurai, typical response.)
Some Mod's have inside sources, but must keep secret to protect friend. (Every single fake leak response ever.)
Several mods have impeccable computer art skills with the ability to create original renders, or in the very least have close friends that are capable.
The mods also have a very seasoned experience in debunking leaks, they know exactly what hurts them and what promotes them. They would know exactly what to include and what not to include.

My point is the formula for a fake leak is there, it's pretty much the same, the only new factor here, (if it is fake) is that it's really well done, and who else would be capable of creating a very well constructed organized leak.

Furthermore nearly every mod has taken a supporting stance toward the leak, either they made it, or they know something.

Why believe so strongly in something that could really go either way.

Where's the typical non-partisan neutral stance usually taken towards leaks by mods?

Last edited:
Well there is room for 5 more to make an even grid. I'm hoping its Mewtwo, Ridley, K. Rool, Chorus Kids, and Impa/any zelda rep
That would be a dream to have K.Rool in. But I think it'll be:
At least:

Ridley
Mewtwo
Dixie Kong
Chorus Men/kids.

Based on the leak back on July 27th that said the roster will have :

Duck Hunt Dog
Bowser Jr
Ridley
Mewtwo
Dixie
Chorus Men
Shulk

Last edited:

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
The chances of all this....are slim, IMO. Apparently this is looking a lot like when Brawl's roster was leaked and nobody believed R.O.B. was for real.
But but... he's an enemy ya dumbo! ;) But yeah, for some reason I just feel it with this roster... I'm wondering if we'll see more characters or not.

deebeethedeity

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1306-6746-5618
That would be a dream to have K.Rool in. But I think it'll be:
At least:

Ridley
Mewtwo
Dixie Kong

Based on the leak back on July 27th that said the roster will have :

Duck Hunt Dog
Bowser Jr
Ridley
Mewtwo
Dixie
Chorus Men
Shulk
Mach rider would be great, but assuming theres no dlc, a rythym heaven rep would be necessary cause of the enemies in smash run. Of course if theres no dlc I would be dissapointed that dark pit and dr. Mario took up 2 spaces that wolf and ice climbers couldve taken

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

We have a leak, brought forward to us by a mod, that he found on 4chan. (Every fake leak ever posted there, anonymous)Mod claims he has sources that work at Nintendo, and support this. (My dad is sakurai, typical response.)
Some Mod's have inside sources, but must keep secret to protect friend. (Every single fake leak response ever.)
Several mods have impeccable computer art skills with the ability to create original renders, or in the very least have close friends that are capable.
The mods also have a very seasoned experience in debunking leaks, they know exactly what hurts them and what promotes them. They would know exactly what to include and what not to include.

My point is the formula for a fake leak is there, it's pretty much the same, the only new factor here, (if it is fake) is that it's really well done, and who else would be capable of creating a very well constructed organized leak.

Furthermore nearly every mod has taken a supporting stance toward the leak, either they made it, or they know something.

Where's the typical non-partisan neutral stance usually taken towards leaks by mods?
Yes. Clearly the mods are harboring the biggest secret ever, and aren't simply telling you guys the truth. Clearly we're all paying enough attention to everything we've seen from the new Smash Bros games up to this point, and have spent every waking hour looking at things to make sure nobody can catch on to this leak. We have nothing better to do. Clearly.

It's not a conspiracy theory. This is almost hilarious to read.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
YEEEAHHHHHH

But seriously, Ridley won't happen.
*modspleasedon'tkillmeforpostingsomethingunrelated*
I agree, Ridley's a long shot at this point. There's no reason to believe he will be in it, especially after Sakurai branding him as too slow and the shadow in the direct.

Repiteo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Repiteo

So, basically.

The reason the mods made it is that they believe it.

Okay. Right. Gotchya. Flawless reasoning. Got any spare tinfoil hats?

In all seriousness, it's a nice hypothesis (though one I cannot take seriously in the slightest) and rather well laid out, but I still can't see them doing such a thing when the reputation of their entire website would be put in jeopardy.

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Yes. Clearly the mods are harboring the biggest secret ever, and aren't simply telling you guys the truth. Clearly we're all paying enough attention to everything we've seen from the new Smash Bros games up to this point, and have spent every waking hour looking at things to make sure nobody can catch on to this leak. We have nothing better to do. Clearly.

It's not a conspiracy theory. This is almost hilarious to read.
Well as long as it's entertaining for you, it's not a complete waste of time.

So, basically.

In all seriousness, it's a nice hypothesis (though one I cannot take seriously in the slightest) and rather well laid out, but I still can't see them doing such a thing when the reputation of their entire website would be put in jeopardy.
They've gone rogue man. not srs.

Regardless my point is, even if they didn't make it, they may have inside information.
Why else is support so strong. They say things like "I strongly suggest some of you may want to keep an open mind in this being real, as you could be strongly let down".. Sounds subliminal like they know for other reasons that haven't been explained that it's real.

Why is this leak being presented in the same fashion as every other fake leak, and when it comes down to the information or more images which are demanded with every leak, we get the same response as a fake leak.

Its all very interesting. If it's real, lets give the leaker the third degree, why hasn't the third degree been made public, why so secret?

Last edited:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Hey, we have three weeks at most with this still up in the air (21-20 days).
Not enough for what Smashboards can brew up.
It takes a real leak or a really REALLY good fake to last this long.
This one is the only non text leak/non Palutena fake to last 3 days.

In retrospect not that good, but it really had us trying hard.

Last edited:

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
like people have pointed out that it is possible that they used a brawl mod for the shulk and ganon gameplay stuff
I have no modding background, so i have no idea how long it would take to do that
so in essence, the leak could be fake?

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
If we have 5 more characters to unlock, assuming this is real (and I really hope we do), I don't care who they are as long as there's a Rhythm Heaven rep among them. I've been so hyped for a Rhythm Heaven rep and if this leak is real and there's still the chance for more characters, I'd want one for sure.

As for the other four, I'd probably say Ridley, Mewtwo, (I personally don't care that much about these two, but I know so many people do that I'll put 'em in) Dixie, and... I'm not sure. I can't even really begin to guess. If it is Impa and she is a Sheik clone, I'll feel pretty meh about it, but I'd be more than happy with her if she's not a clone.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
So, basically.

If I was a highly-respected member of a popular community I wouldn't lie about something as dramatic as this, so at the least the mods believe the information they're getting.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
If we have 5 more characters to unlock, assuming this is real (and I really hope we do), I don't care who they are as long as there's a Rhythm Heaven rep among them. I've been so hyped for a Rhythm Heaven rep and if this leak is real and there's still the chance for more characters, I'd want one for sure.

As for the other four, I'd probably say Ridley, Mewtwo, (I personally don't care that much about these two, but I know so many people do that I'll put 'em in) Dixie, and... I'm not sure. I can't even really begin to guess. If it is Impa and she is a Sheik clone, I'll feel pretty meh about it, but I'd be more than happy with her if she's not a clone.
The Chorus Kids have a sizable chance what with the Smash Run enemies, but if this leak turns out to be true the Ice Climbers, who were cut, also have Smash Run representation.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
The fake leakers are so good they predict the future when making the Tomodachi stage's picture.

D

Deleted member

Well there are a couple new stages, so they would need to be designed. Also we have some new angles, and the stage screen would need to be done. I think we can say that the stage screen looks pretty simple, so that might not have taken that long.

But let's not ignore the amount of time doing research must have been done. This is a guy who noticed the "thick line" glitch that NO ONE ELSE on smashboards caught. He must have really been watching hours and hours of videos looking for small details.
I'm pretty sure I caught the thick line glitch a couple nights ago, but someone could have beat me to it. The first thing i thought of with that glitch was if the character was selected or not.

Preposterous Whitey

Smash Rookie
NNID
doctorhair
3DS FC
2921-9081-1891
Well, lemme ask something I don't recall seeing mentioned throughout this thread. So, the whole "Chorus Kids" theory is supported by there being a Rhythm Heaven enemy in Smash Run, right? So as far as other franchises, like Metal Gear and Xenoblade, that we haven't seen yet, what would be the reason that they wouldn't have representation as enemies in Smash Run? I know Snake isn't part of the leak (except for the DLC part) but this mainly applies because it calls into question the entire concept of adding new "universes" at all.

I mean, it seems like Metal Gear and Xenoblade would definitely have representation on this front, since they're "guest characters" (Shulk less so, since his game is 2nd party rather than 3rd party). After all, not all first-party franchises have a Smash Run enemy like Animal Crossing and Punch Out. However, an obvious explanation for that is that those worlds don't really have generic "enemies", like Xenoblade and Metal Gear definitely would.

Just some food for thought regarding the leak. Anyone think I'm onto something, or is my brain just tricking me into thinking that the thoughts it produces are interesting.

D

Deleted member

That is possible. Considering there are Shulk models imported on Ike, it is completely possible, though none of those mods have the Monado on his back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom