• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion

I suppose Shulk could share a move with Ike...

Edit ; already posted in the op ? Ups.

Last edited:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I still think us getting Ridley, Mewtwo, and Dixie Kong would be too good to be true. Also, I think if there is a clone Zelda newcomer, Toon Zelda's chances are on par with Impa's.

I just find it weird how there were no characters in the leak that were not mentioned by Ninka.

My gut feels we have probably seen the final retail roster.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
I still think us getting Ridley, Mewtwo, and Dixie Kong would be too good to be true. Also, I think if there is a clone Zelda newcomer, Toon Zelda's chances are on par with Impa's.

I just find it weird how there were no characters in the leak that were not mentioned by Ninka.

Your gut is WRONG. IT HAS TO BE. If this is the final roster I will vomit.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585

Isn't it possible that the version sent to ESRB is the same version that the Ninka leak originated from? I believe it was you who theorized there were multiple versions being tossed around, hence why we had multiple leaks with non-conflicting information.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Your gut is WRONG. IT HAS TO BE. If this is the final roster I will vomit.
People said the same thing about both Melee and Brawl's rosters when the leaks were happening.

People held onto hope for a long time that there were two super secret characters in Melee due to the two empty spots on the character selection screen even.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
So what's with Chorus Kids, if it seems we won't most likely get DLC and the leak might probably show the current roster?
Also, I guess some things won't truly last forever (Ice Climbers). Lucas is sad to see go too.

Last edited:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Isn't it possible that the version sent to ESRB is the same version that the Ninka leak originated from? I believe it was you who theorized there were multiple versions being tossed around, hence why we had multiple leaks with non-conflicting information.
Yeah, but I don't think Sakurai is reprising this again.

Also, we have heard plenty of conflicting information. Some people are saying Chorus Men is in it, whiles other say he is not.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
People said the same thing about both Melee and Brawl's rosters when the leaks were happening.

People held onto hope for a long time that there were two super secret characters in Melee due to the two empty spots on the character selection screen even.
I remember this as well. I am totally fine with the roster we currently have, I think it's awesome. However, I am not convinced, at least not yet, that it's quite done yet. We have already assumed there were multiple versions. The fact this aligns with Ninka, who said from the beginning that they did not think they had all the information, shouldn't leave us believing this is all there is.

Yeah, but I don't think Sakurai is reprising this again.

Also, we have heard plenty of conflicting information. Some people are saying Chorus Men is in it, whiles other say he is not.
I'm not sure I follow. The Romano leak wasn't the only other leak that was being considered.

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion

Looks like someone never unlocked Sonic and Tails.

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
I think it's funny how everyone complains about how Brawl isn't enough like Melee (which had clone-ier clones), and now we might get some clones (which Melee had a few of), but everyone is mad. I think clones are fine! I con't imagine that they "take up" anyone else's space on the roster. I see clones as additional options, and I like to have options. Even in Melee we had our Marth players and our Roy players, Mario players and Dr. Mario players. People get used to them and, as nuances are explored, start to embrace them. Except Pichu, he sucked...

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271

Shhh. I don't want to give up hope yet. Let me be in denial.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
I think it's funny how everyone complains about how Brawl isn't enough like Melee (which had clone-ier clones), and now we might get some clones (which Melee had a few of), but everyone is mad. I think clones are fine! I con't imagine that they "take up" anyone else's space on the roster. I see clones as additional options, and I like to have options. Even in Melee we had our Marth players and our Roy players, Mario players and Dr. Mario players. People get used to them and, as nuances are explored, start to embrace them. Except Pichu, he sucked...
People complained that the MECHANICS of brawl weren't like Melee. People were fine with the less ridiculous clones. Though I loved Brawl and Melee, and I think I'm going to love this one too. But you should really attribute the complaints to the right things when you criticize someone. Otherwise you are making a straw man argument.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
My issue isn't with the clones (except Dark Pit), but it feels like such a step back. A series like Star Fox should not go down to 2 reps when Kid Icarus gets 3. Mario having 7 reps is fine, but Pokemon and Zelda stuck at 5?

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
People complained that the MECHANICS of brawl weren't like Melee. People were fine with the less ridiculous clones. Though I loved Brawl and Melee, and I think I'm going to love this one too. But you should really attribute the complaints to the right things when you criticize someone. Otherwise you are making a straw man argument.
Fair enough, sorry if I sounded like a hater! I guess the real point is the people eventually got used to and embraced the clones. If this roster is legit, I'm sure the same will happen. As someone who isn't the best Marth player, I'm excited to try out Lucina!

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
So while I slept it seems like all I missed was MASTERLINKX post, and I added it to the second post, along with a couple bits of arguments from before.

Can someone tell me if I am missing anything else now?

Last edited:

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
My issue isn't with the clones (except Dark Pit), but it feels like such a step back. A series like Star Fox should not go down to 2 reps when Kid Icarus gets 3. Mario having 7 reps is fine, but Pokemon and Zelda stuck at 5?

I agree with this point completely, and I'm still holding out for another Zelda Rep and Mewtwo. As for Star Fox, if Wolf really is out then that's not completely fair. But Sakurai does what Sakurai wants I suppose. As for Dark Pit, has some crazy nuance comparable to Aura or something that changes it up like that (if he's in, of course).

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
Remind me how Brinstar is there when we only found out about it flipping the day before this leak?
Remind me when "clones" became a universe in Nintendo?
Remind me how Dr. Mario gets chosen over Mewtwo for the coming back veteran?
Remind me how Ridley is not playable?
Remind me how Wario has turned into Herobrine?
Remind me when Miis were cut?
Remind me how I'm freaking out that ROB and Duck Hunt Dog are playable?
Oh yeah, and REMIND ME HOW PLAYERS HAVE CPU LEVELS!

Ugh, real or fake... AHHHHHHHHHH!

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
You know what's gonna be pretty sad about this leak to me?

I'm more than enough in debt for being proven wrong twice now @GoldenYuiitusin because questioning inclusions of Doc and Dark Pit (clones) and Isaac not becoming playable after all.

Nevertheless, I'll side on #TeamReal here, with no DLC or unlockable characters. Expecting the worst is best way to go - because if it gets better, it can only get better. But I think we should learn from what happened during these times in Brawl and Melee and not be in constant denial.
The evidence is way much better than the Gematsu-leak could ever have been.

Last edited:

Bingoshi

Smash Apprentice
I personally feel most sorry for Kirby. It's a pretty big franchise, and a very popular one (more so in Japan, I hear) and yet he really didn't gain anything new in this game besides a new assist trophy...and...that's about all we know right now. At least Zelda got new items, Star Fox gained a new stage, etc. It took Kirby two games to get more than one character, and now it looks like he's hardly getting anything in the new game much at all. It looks like Sakurai completely gave all his attention to Kid Icarus and not Kirby this time. As for the leak and it's roster, I don't really care or mind it that much. After Takamaru's disconfirmation, I kind of gave up inside anyway. This roster is about what I expected.

Remember what I said about buying 2 copies of Smash 4 and wrecking the other one?

I'll post a photo of it. Maybe it won't be right away but this is a blood pact (tentative) promise :p

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
Remind me how Brinstar is there when we only found out about it flipping the day before this leak?
Remind me when "clones" became a universe in Nintendo?
Remind me how Dr. Mario gets chosen over Mewtwo for the coming back veteran?
Remind me how Ridley is not playable?
Remind me how Wario has turned into Herobrine?
Remind me when Miis were cut?
Remind me how I'm freaking out that ROB and Duck Hunt Dog are playable?
Oh yeah, and REMIND ME HOW PLAYERS HAVE CPU LEVELS!

Ugh, real or fake... AHHHHHHHHHH!
You sound like a guy who would benefit from reading the second post in this thread which answer a number of your questions.

However, some of your questions aren't in there so I'll address them.

- Brinstar wouldn't be that hard to shoehorn into a fake leak, there's already tonnes of images of it from melee
- Dr. Mario was NOT chosen over Mewtwo. Clones and non-clones live in completely different worlds (development time speaking) and are independent of one another in terms of inclusions. Further, Mewtwo might be coming back, we aren't 100%.
- While we don't know 100%, if he isn't playable it's cause he was not made to be playable.
- answered in first post
- Mii's were not cut. Actually, this SHOULD be in my post. I'm going to add it. Customization is turned off, so they do not appear on the select screen.
- I don't know how you are freaking out. Well, I have an idea, various chemicals in the brain reaction with your neurons to create a web of interconnections that results in a feeling of "freaking out". However that's as far as my neuroscience knowledge goes, so I can't answer "how" any better than that.

In my opinion? 90% chance of real.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

Could be they saw the same build.

And yeah, Toon Zelda is a bit underrated, though Impa could also be a Sheik clone.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Another possible candidate for one of the "extra" slots (assuming there are more characters) is Bandanna Dee. Return to Dream Land did phenomenally well in Japan (700-800K sold), and looking at how Ghirahim and other major characters have ended up as Assist Trophies, and considering we already had a new Kirby Assist Trophy confirmed, its possible that he actually might be playable.

Its either that or Assist Trophy status.

Xenorange

Smash Lord

This isn't Brawl or Melee, just because it's the same franchise doesn't mean history will repeat itself.

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
Another possible candidate for one of the "extra" slots (assuming there are more characters) is Bandanna Dee. Return to Dream Land did phenomenally well in Japan (700-800K sold), and looking at how Ghirahim and other major characters have ended up as Assist Trophies, and considering we already had a new Kirby Assist Trophy confirmed, its possible that he actually might be playable.

Its either that or Assist Trophy status.
Huh. With Ridley not on that roster we can assume if it's real that he's *sob* a Pyrosphere *sniffle* boss. We have Ghiraham gone now, And because we got the 3 biggest characters here confirmed at E3, that leaves the biggest character as Bandana Dee... or something else I'm an idiot.

HugoBoss

Smash Journeyman
If there is anyone that still hates this "leak" think about this:
Toon Link got in over Ice Climbers, Wolf, Lucas, and Snake.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I'm only going to comment on the character roster.

- If this is going to be the final roster (if true), personally I will be satisfied because the majority of my wanted newcomers are in.

The unrevealed characters

- Dark Pit - Well, I wouldn't generally be too surprised if he ends up being a clone like Pit (similar to the Lucina situation.)
- Dr. Mario - I'm not exactly a fan of Dr. Mario in Melee (sorry), but either way, I welcome him back onto the roster.
- Duck Hunt Dog - Never expected him to be honest, but I know Sakurai and his team will come up with an interesting move set for him (just like the Wii Fit Trainer.)
- Bowser Jr - Can't say at the moment for Bowser Jr.

My doubts

- Seeing this came from 4chan, that sort of gives me doubts on whether the roster leak is true, since 4chan isn't exactly what I would consider as reliable as anything that usually comes out from that site are fake.

Bumbalobob

Smash Cadet

My gut says this is likely the final roster if this is real too. However, we have seen the character from Rhythm Heaven in Smash run so Chorus men are either in it, or were planned and cut very late in development. This is compared to Ice Climbers where we have only seen one picture of the Polar Bear in smash run, which has since been removed.

That being said I hope we get more than this. The idea of KI getting three reps while DK gets stuck at two really bothers me, it shows a clear and unjust bias favoring KI, along with Mario getting three new reps (including the Dr.), while Metroid and Zelda see no new additions. I mean if this is the real final roster I will still enjoy the game and characters (excluding Dark Pit) I will just be sad that worthy franchise have been shafted in favor of easy clones. I would gladly sacrifice Dr, Dark Pit, and Lucina for the inclusion of Ridley, Dixie, or Mewtwo.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I'm still going to be cautious of the leak until the next character reveal, but if this the final roster, I would be satisfied, even though, I would miss my main:lucas:, along with the others. Yet, overall I got most of the characters I predicted/wanted so I can't complain.

Last edited:

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
It doesn't sit too well with me that Miis are missing from the CSS if customisation is turned off. They would have default moves, just like every other character; their entire slot shouldn't just be removed because of that. Also, it doesn't make sense to me that they would replace the Random slot when customisation is turned on, as some have theorised...
I dunno. :p On principle, I can not and will not accept this as being true or likely until reasonable doubt is eliminated. I'm still pretty heavily #TeamFake right now. :p

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
OK so clear this up for me.

How exactly is the DLC part of the leak not connected? I thought yesterday everyone was saying it was done by the same guy.

Now there's the thing that the leaked pictures were not of the full roster? If that's the case, couldn't Wolf and IC be some of the characters that haven't been unlocked yet? Wolf was the last character you unlock on Brawl, so it would make sense if he was one of the last ones this time.

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
Is it odd that I smell cover up in one of the photos?
*sniff sniff* That photo that has Mii Fighters as an option, that's it!
If you can't tell, I really want this to be false. I did not get any characters I sincerely wanted (Ridley and Jump- yeah you know who I'll say) some characters in and I only got 2 of them. This does not make me happy. I know that the graphic failures are a good thing to say fake on, but gah...
Also, Dark Pit playable. Another reason I'd like this to be fake.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
It doesn't sit too well with me that Miis are missing from the CSS if customisation is turned off. They would have default moves, just like every other character; their entire slot shouldn't just be removed because of that. Also, it doesn't make sense to me that they would replace the Random slot when customisation is turned on, as some have theorised...
They would have default moves but their stats are determined by height and weight too. So there would have to be a 100% default Mii with only cosmetic changes for that to really work. However Sakurai specifically said that Mii's are banned in For Glory, so I'd doubt this is the case.

Exate

Smash Journeyman
In before Ridley is on the roster in the clone row, as a clone of Charizard.
thatd be depressing

Last edited:

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
In before Ridley is on the roster in the clone row, as a clone of Charizard.
thatd be depressing
I would be okay with this actually! As much as I like new and interesting characters, with DHD and Jr. being in, I wouldn't be mad about a few clones. Especially if they are varied, they allow for some more representation. I obviously would rather new characters with new moves, but in a time crunch I'm #TeamClone

Fablemad

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to leave this here again because my post got lost in the storm that was the other thread:
http://i.imgur.com/QPXeK6Y.jpg

I'm a firm believer of the leak but this one is a little fishy.

I know it might seem a little :083: but bear with me, as the eye pupils, eyebrows and goggles are in the exact same position.

I'm not saying this is it but if it ends up being a photoshop this is certainly the exact frame that he took it from(or maybe split seconds earlier)

Please remember that a lot can be done within photoshop so take this in consideration:

Add color to the bottom lip to hide teeth
Make mustache bigger to hide upper teeth
Transform->filter->pixelate

Anyways! GRASPING AT STRAWS the movie, but I thought it was worth taking into account

Raijinken

Smash Master
I think they'd be more likely to give us two stage select screens than make one that unattractive (though we can't see the bottom screen, conveniently). At this point, I'm leaning towards "who cares" since the leak theoretically removes Lucas and Wolf (neither of which make sense to me to remove), doesn't confirm Ridley (just personal preference), and clusters the characters VERY wrong on the select screen (Brawl did some odd things, but we also had time to watch that move around).

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
I'm going to leave this here again because my post got lost in the storm that was the other thread:
http://i.imgur.com/QPXeK6Y.jpg

I'm a firm believer of the leak but this one is a little fishy.

I know it might seem a little :083: but bear with me, as the eye pupils, eyebrows and goggles are in the exact same position.

I'm not saying this is it but if it ends up being a photoshop this is certainly the exact frame that he took it from(or maybe split seconds earlier)

Please remember that a lot can be done within photoshop so take this in consideration:

Add color to the bottom lip to hide teeth
Make mustache bigger to hide upper teeth
Transform->filter->pixelate

Anyways! GRASPING AT STRAWS the movie, but I thought it was worth taking into account

THE EYE!

This is definitely not proof one way or another, but honestly, that missing eye is pretty compelling for me. I'd say one of the FIRST pieces of evidence that I thought MIGHT be a blow. There are clearly differences, like you said..

However... you would think if the faker went through all the work to make changes.. they'd give him an eye? Seems like a lot of effort for such a silly mistake to remain.

Or we could take this as precedence that Wario's eye IS sometimes cross-eyed.

Good find sir!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom