• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I could dig it. If it were DLC content coming later.
I'd love to have Duck Hunt Dog... Since Takamaru is gone, DHD is my most wanted Retro character.

But Dark Pit over Wolf? and where is Ice Climbers?!... King K. Rool could be debated as he is my favorite character, I don't want to over promote the character in such light of discussion. But as said its debateable. But Ice Climbers? come on.

What makes me think it is fake is basically the clues others have talked about and the lack of Mii Fighters and Ice Climbers.

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
So guys, what was the picture Masterlinkx posted earlier in the last thread? Imgur says the image doesn't exist. Something about the "disablad" thing?
Basically, there were at least two guys trying to make this leak look fake ; MASTELINKXX, by making a fake render of Shulk from the face that was already leaked at the time, and an anon who wrote "disabled" with an "a" instead of an "e".
However, it was not counting on at least two (maybe even three) other leakers spreading the pics.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
Okay, I have been thinking about this and please let me know if anything I say has been disproven.

Leaker 1: Very convincing character roster, great DHD and Bowser Jr renders, but the fact that the DLC has been disproven means that he is at least faking something, so why not all of it?

Leaker 2: Nothing to report, everything seems pretty solid.

Leaker 3: This is the one with the in-game shots. He has been proven false to my knowledge, yet he clearly has access to a high quality render of Ganondorf. Surely this means he has ties to the first two leakers, and therefore they are all faking stuff.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Leaker 1: Very convincing character roster, great DHD and Bowser Jr renders, but the fact that the DLC has been disproven means that he is at least faking something, so why not all of it?
The pics seem to be real ; however, all the other leakers agree to say he lied on the DLC. But the pics are real in this context.

Leaker 2: Nothing to report, everything seems pretty solid.
At the moment, yes/

Leaker 3: This is the one with the in-game shots. He has been proven false to my knowledge, yet he clearly has access to a high quality render of Ganondorf. Surely this means he has ties to the first two leakers, and therefore they are all faking stuff.
The pics would be from a 8 second video clip. He used photoshop on purpose to rewrite "disabled" as "disablad" to make it look like fake and prevent the storm that's happening today.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I thought Mach Rider and Impa were being talked about because it tied in to the Ninka/Vaanrose thing?
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-unknown-renders-leak.364857/page-31#post-17336998
Mach Rider and Impa was added to that after the leak's credibility was made public though, which means any faker could just add them. Ridley, Mewtwo, Chorus Men and Dixie were added to it when the evidence was kept classified, which means at the time it held as much credibility as any other fake leak, so they're much more convincing.

Last edited:

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
The pics would be from a 8 second video clip. He used photoshop on purpose to rewrite "disabled" as "disablad" to make it look like fake and prevent the storm that's happening today.
But why would he make an image seem fake when he's the one leaking it? It seems like a conflict of interests to me.

Same with Leaker 1, if he had genuine info why would he feel the need to lie about DLC?

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant

They'll find their way into the roster.
Just something about Brawl Ridley's head makes it extra hilarious when copy pasted onto things.

But why would he make an image seem fake when he's the one leaking it? It seems like a conflict of interests to me.

Same with Leaker 1, if he had genuine info why would he feel the need to lie about DLC?
Some of the leakers didn't want the leak to explode as it did, so they did some light sabotaging of the leak to create doubt. However, they didn't expect other leakers to leak stuff as fast as they did, preventing the plan from working.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion

Added Chorus Kids.
Didn't find any idea for the elfs tho.

EDIT : Fixed

Last edited:

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
Some of the leakers didn't want the leak to explode as it did, so they did some light sabotaging of the leak to create doubt. However, they didn't expect other leakers to leak stuff as fast as they did, preventing the plan from working.
Smells of an excuse to me, I personally don't buy it.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Mach Rider and Impa was added to that after the leaks credibility was made public though, which means any faker could just add them. Ridley, Mewtwo, Chorus Men and Dixie were added to it when the leak held as much credibility as any other fake leak, which is why they're so much more convincing.
I'm just confused, why does him tacking on Mewtwo, Dixie, Ridley and Chours Men to the Ninka leak as a prediction a while back = he might have information on them being in?

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Smells of an excuse to me, I personally don't buy it.
Of course you do'nt have to believe, but if you look for some MASTERLINKXX's posts, you'll see he tried to make a render of Shulk just with the head to say it's fake. But was too late.

I'll be stupid and say I believe it 100%.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
Of course you do'nt have to believe, but if you look for some MASTERLINKXX's posts, you'll see he tried to make a render of Shulk just with the head to say it's fake. But was too late.

I'll be stupid and say I believe it 100%.
I'm not saying I'm going to be one of those people who just blatantly picks a side, I try not to do that with things like this. But from what I've seen it just doesn't stack up to me, and I can't trust the quality of the renders because I've seen too many amazing known fakes to trust these.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm just confused, why does him tacking on Mewtwo, Dixie, Ridley and Chours Men to the Ninka leak as a prediction a while back = he might have information on them being in?
Back when the Ninka leak was first posted people considered it a joke and moved on. The mods were then provided with evidence that it might actually be legit, but held on to it for quite some time, so for a long time its credibility was not known. During that time another leak popped up that mentioned many of the Ninka newcomers (DHD, Bowser Jr and Dark Pit), which weren't present in any other "leaks" at the time due to them being unpopular choices, but also had Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie and Chorus Men on it. Basically at the time that was posted the Ninka leak was regarded as one out of millions of fake leaks that were posted daily, so for something to coincide with it like that before it had any form of legitimacy would either mean it's legit or one hell of a guess. That combined with how messy the roster currently looks (Shulk's position and the second last row) seems fairly indicative to me.

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I'm not saying I'm going to be one of those people who just blatantly picks a side, I try not to do that with things like this. But from what I've seen it just doesn't stack up to me, and I can't trust the quality of the renders because I've seen too many amazing known fakes to trust these.
Of course, it's your opinion, and you have more than enough reasons to not believe this leak, even at all, or step back a bit on it without pronouncing your stance.
But I have a good feeling about this one so I believe it with the things I think go for it.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
Of course, it's your opinion, and you have more than enough reasons to not believe this leak, even at all, or step back a bit on it without pronouncing your stance.
But I have a good feeling about this one so I believe it with the things I think go for it.
Fair enough, at this point all we have to go on is our gut reactions.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
Man I'm tired. Just woke up, trying to catch up and see what I missed.

- Main thread closed
- Like, four pages of this thread rehashing old points even though my summary post is IN THIS VERY THREAD, gahhh
- Disablad on purpose to throw us off the scent?

I'm not super sure I believe that the third leak is semi-fake in order to make the other leaks look fake. That is sounding crazy conspiracy ****. But I'll add it to my post... in a couple hours...

anon1776

Banned via Warnings
sup guys, thought I'd share a few things that I've already told the mods about:

I'm claiming responsibility for posting the Duckhunt Dog and CSS images alongside the DLC information. I did not personally take the photos.

How I obtained those photos and DLC information is something I'm not disclosing, period. Both are related to my job and affiliation to this game's development.

I am not in league with the other leakers, I have no idea who they actually are right now. It's entirely possible, and most likely the case, that other leakers got the rest of the photos from the same pool of information as I did. I also want to clarify and say that this is not a third party I'm dealing with, like a friend-of-a-friend or some other crap. However, I can't go into any more detail than that as again, it relates to my own personal job security here.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627

I'm claiming responsibility for posting the Duckhunt Dog and CSS images alongside the DLC information. I did not personally take the photos.

How I obtained those photos and DLC information is something I'm not disclosing, period. Both are related to my job and affiliation to this game's development.

I am not in league with the other leakers, I have no idea who they actually are right now. It's entirely possible, and most likely the case, that other leakers got the rest of the photos from the same pool of information as I did. I also want to clarify and say that this is not a third party I'm dealing with, like a friend-of-a-friend or some other crap. However, I can't go into any more detail than that as again, it relates to my own personal job security here.
If what you say is true, can you tell us if you believe what you posted to be the full roster? Or do you believe there's more to come?

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
If the DLC thing is fake, that leaves 5/6 newcomers.
My gut is leaning on a bit of both real and fake.
Real because it looks convincing and it's close to the release. [coughpalutenagemastucough]
Fake because...
I don't know.
Something just doesn't seem right.

EDIT: Oh hey he's here.

Last edited:

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726

Can the mods confirm this is the guy?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'm gonna say this is the roster but that we are still missing a couple characters. Ridley, Dixie, Choir Boys and Mewtwo.

I could see that Ice Climbers are in the wii u version and then get added to the 3ds version at a later date for free.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Anyways, I feel the 3rd leak (the one with the in game battle pics) is fake. It uses a lot of Brawl assets like Ganondorf=Brawl Ganondorf, Ike-Shulk, Lucina having tons of textures on the vault, and it being on a Brawl stage. Putting it all together, it's the least credible of the 3 leaks, and can be easily done with knowledge of Brawl modding, which a lot of people do thanks to popular mods like PM. It could be part of the vague/blurriness, but the in battle screens don't really match up style-wise with other 3DS pics we have.

If any part of the leak is fake, it's gotta be this part.

Last edited:

Rosello

Smash Rookie
This was a question I've wanted to ask in the last thread, but it got locked. Some people are adamant that the Mr Game and Watch we saw in Pacman's trailer is his new model. Now, this may just be me seeing it wrong, but I didn't even see it AS a model. I thought it was just a few bits of animation drawn for the trailer. Looked like that to me. What makes people think it's a model?

Exate

Smash Journeyman
This was a question I've wanted to ask in the last thread, but it got locked. Some people are adamant that the Mr Game and Watch we saw in Pacman's trailer is his new model. Now, this may just be me seeing it wrong, but I didn't even see it AS a model. I thought it was just a few bits of animation drawn for the trailer. Looked like that to me. What makes people think it's a model?
I suppose because the change to G&W looks more noticeable from his past incarnations? I doubt its an indicator, though; a comparison of Pac-Man's render to the trailer clearly showed enough of a difference in design to indicate what G&W looks like in the trailer may not exactly be true for the game. A character like him needs that outline to be more distinguishable on darker stages, anyway.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Wait, so have he leaning toward the possibility of this being real now?

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
Second post updated to include more information in history, including the story of MASTERLINKX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom