• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fablemad

Smash Journeyman
I think they'd be more likely to give us two stage select screens than make one that unattractive (though we can't see the bottom screen, conveniently). At this point, I'm leaning towards "who cares" since the leak theoretically removes Lucas and Wolf (neither of which make sense to me to remove), doesn't confirm Ridley (just personal preference), and clusters the characters VERY wrong on the select screen (Brawl did some odd things, but we also had time to watch that move around).
It has been stated by the leaker that this isn't the full roster. Ridley is somewhere in there, don't you worry now

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
A big reason why this leak is amazing to look at is because if we assume the Ninka leak is true, this leak is 99% accurate.

Which is dope because we still don't know if it is or not. The leak itself is an enigma.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I'm going to leave this here again because my post got lost in the storm that was the other thread:
http://i.imgur.com/QPXeK6Y.jpg

I'm a firm believer of the leak but this one is a little fishy.

I know it might seem a little :083: but bear with me, as the eye pupils, eyebrows and goggles are in the exact same position.

I'm not saying this is it but if it ends up being a photoshop this is certainly the exact frame that he took it from(or maybe split seconds earlier)

Please remember that a lot can be done within photoshop so take this in consideration:

Add color to the bottom lip to hide teeth
Make mustache bigger to hide upper teeth
Transform->filter->pixelate

Anyways! GRASPING AT STRAWS the movie, but I thought it was worth taking into account
Doesn't seem like grasping to me. If you combine this, with the Shulk render then it pretty much spells disaster for this leak.

Raijinken

Smash Master
It has been stated by the leaker that this isn't the full roster. Ridley is somewhere in there, don't you worry now
Right, but if that speculation is right, then it means the Chorus whatevers are there too, and I don't want that =D

I guess I could bear it, but I get tired of not getting practice against characters because no one likes them enough to play them around where I live.

Still, I've seen equally compelling arguments both ways for the validity, so I'm going to play the Wait And See game and hope we get some more roster reveals on the Dojo soon.

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for being a bit out of the loop, but where/when did the leaker say that? (link?)

edit - nvm, just read the second post.

Last edited:

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
I'm going to leave this here again because my post got lost in the storm that was the other thread:
http://i.imgur.com/QPXeK6Y.jpg

I'm a firm believer of the leak but this one is a little fishy.

I know it might seem a little :083: but bear with me, as the eye pupils, eyebrows and goggles are in the exact same position.

I'm not saying this is it but if it ends up being a photoshop this is certainly the exact frame that he took it from(or maybe split seconds earlier)

Please remember that a lot can be done within photoshop so take this in consideration:

Add color to the bottom lip to hide teeth
Make mustache bigger to hide upper teeth
Transform->filter->pixelate

Anyways! GRASPING AT STRAWS the movie, but I thought it was worth taking into account
Added to the second post.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
Doesn't seem like grasping to me. If you combine this, with the Shulk render then it pretty much spells disaster for this leak.
I'm not ready to attach a toe tag to this thing yet. Both of those examples would have taken quite a bit of editing. Not saying that can't be done, just saying it isn't clear that they are for sure the basis for the faking.

Xenorange

Smash Lord
That Wario render is just, extremely bad IMO. Even for Wario. I just can't see them using that picture. Idk it just looks unrefined to me. :dizzy:

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
That Wario render is just, extremely bad IMO. Even for Wario. I just can't see them using that picture. Idk it just looks unrefined to me. :dizzy:
Unrefined? I'm pretty sure if you look up that word in the dictionary, you see Wario.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
It only spells disaster if that's what you want to believe.
Keep in mind that we're not trying to disprove the leak because we don't like the roster or etc. It's more that leaks can be very sketchy and we should never 100% believe them, even if we do like it.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
I just noticed that the pic of Olimar in that "leaked roster" isn't the one from the official site like the rest of the currently confirmed fighters are

Last edited:

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
I just noticed that the pic of Olimar in that "leaked roster" isn't the one from the official site like the rest of the currently confirmed fighters are
Olimar's art itself looks the same, but the pikmin have definitely changed locations... Not sure what to make of this, could be a design choice to make it clear who the character is and what he does (the name is Pikmin and Olimar), or it could be evidence against the leak.

Edit: I'm leaning towards this not being a big deal. What does everyone else think?

Last edited:

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
Olimar's art itself looks the same, but the pikmin have definitely changed locations... Not sure what to make of this, could be a design choice to make it clear who the character is and what he does (the name is Pikmin and Olimar), or it could be evidence against the leak.

Edit: I'm leaning towards this not being a big deal. What does everyone else think?
It's the same thing with Rosalina. It's just to show off the "partners" so to speak. Otherwise, they would be out of frame.

His left pupil is hidden behind his nose, making his left eye demonic. I dunno it just doesn't look very good.
I was making a joke more than I was arguing with you.

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Why would a fake leaker... Take a risk and change an artwork of an already revealed veteran ?

Anyway, all those renders look fishy ; they all come from already existing arts ; Bowser Jr., Dr Mario, Jigglypuff, Wario...

Shulk has the same face than Little Mac in one of the pics.

Yeah, if it's fake, they gained a lot of time by faking the pics.

But I'm on #TeamReal for now. Need a bigger blow to counter the Tomodachi stage imo.

Last edited:

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
It's the same thing with Rosalina. It's just to show off the "partners" so to speak. Otherwise, they would be out of frame.
The more small details like this I see the more I believe this leak. I understand there are some brilliant people out there, but who thinks to do that?! I guess we'll see! I honestly think we'll see another leak (or more if this one) before we see a veteran or newcomer.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Please Sakurai...bless us with a veteran so we can finally know if this leak is fake or real!

Better start the ritual dance

Patience is a virtue

Oh by the way if its any of the following :popo::lucas::snake::wolf: The ninka/dlc part of the pictures is dead

But the picture will be alive though because those pictures are incomplete rosters

Ridley mewtwo and dixie kong/king k rool won't kill the picture leaks as well.

For the pictures to be dead it has to be someone unannounced that does not match one of the leak roster pictures.

Last edited:

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
The more small details like this I see the more I believe this leak. I understand there are some brilliant people out there, but who thinks to do that?! I guess we'll see! I honestly think we'll see another leak (or more if this one) before we see a veteran or newcomer.
Luma had already been moved for the E3 demo, so the leaker had precedent to make that change. But yes, it was a good call to move the pikmin as well.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464

On the E3 Smahs 4 roster build Olimar doesn't have Pikmin in his roster icon

Last edited:

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Just gotta say, thanks to Joalro for compiling that second post. I've been trying to keep up-to-date with this but there's so much going on that it's just messy. That post made it relatively clear, and it's good to have all the info in one place.

At first I was completely certain it was fake, but now I'm wondering why someone would go to so much effort. Most of the inconsistencies have viable explanations, even if not all are probable solutions.And if Smash leaks were to happen, they'd be happening about now. S'pose we'll all know soon enough anyway.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
My input to all this. Incase your wondering, the "eye" has VERY similar pixels to that of the other side, and the south sides of the nose border.

It is clearly a hand.

Ganondorf has a photoshop ERROR and he is way too dark. Also, many inconsistencies throughout.
lol.png

lol2.jpg
lol3.jpg

HotelWaffle

Smash Apprentice
I would so believe the leak if Game and Watches arm wasn't sticking out of his box

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
Just gotta say, thanks to Joalro for compiling that second post. I've been trying to keep up-to-date with this but there's so much going on that it's just messy. That post made it relatively clear, and it's good to have all the info in one place.

At first I was completely certain it was fake, but now I'm wondering why someone would go to so much effort. Most of the inconsistencies have viable explanations, even if not all are probable solutions.And if Smash leaks were to happen, they'd be happening about now. S'pose we'll all know soon enough anyway.
Thank you. Also if you have any advice on how to make it any more clear, I can clean it up.

My input to all this. Incase your wondering, the "eye" has VERY similar pixels to that of the other side, and the south sides of the nose border.

It is clearly a hand.

Ganondorf has a photoshop ERROR and he is way too dark. Also, many inconsistencies throughout.
View attachment 22444
View attachment 22445 View attachment 22446
That really isn't his hand. That's his shoulder. If you look at his other shoulder it looks exactly the same. It's just not clear because of the low quality.

And I have NO idea what the second image is pointing to.

Last edited:

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464

You'd be surprised how far some will go to troll

For example does anyone remember the Fallout 4 morse code teaser website?

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Yeah, that's why it's strange to bother making a new icon for Olimar.
Really it could go either way.
It goes only one way, and that's proving it right, he bothered to make models for 3 new characters, he won't make such a pity mistake slide....it would be stupid and pointless if he was faker, that's why it's real and I'm a firm believer.

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
"Game and Wario: Game and Watch's hand crosses over into Wario's box

Counter: Actually this is an illusion. Wario's shoulder is just dark, so it looks like Game and Watch's hand."

From the OP.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585

Counter: Actually this is an illusion. Wario's shoulder is just dark, so it looks like Game and Watch's hand."

From the OP.
*sniff* It makes me so happy that people are actually paying attention to that post now.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92

From the OP.
You can actually see the grey outline of G&W staying in the box, but people will try to find the pittiest things to prove such a brilliant leak fake.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Thank you. Also if you have any advice on how to make it any more clear, I can clean it up.

That really isn't his hand. That's his shoulder. If you look at his other shoulder it looks exactly the same. It's just not clear because of the low quality.

And I have NO idea what the second image is pointing to.
If you look at Mr Game and watch, he too has many dark blue pixels.

and what is that random pinky space between his hand? That's wario's skin.

Last pic is pointing to random smudge/line near his dark, gloomy face.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
Why would a fake leaker... Take a risk and change an artwork of an already revealed veteran ?

Anyway, all those renders look fishy ; they all come from already existing arts ; Bowser Jr., Dr Mario, Jigglypuff, Wario...

Shulk has the same face than Little Mac in one of the pics.

Yeah, if it's fake, they gained a lot of time by faking the pics.

But I'm on #TeamReal for now. Need a bigger blow to counter the Tomodachi stage imo.
Could you show me the Dr. Mario one? Someone posted a render they claimed was the same over in Official Character Discussion which I debunked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom