• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Could you show me the Dr. Mario one? Someone posted a render they claimed was the same over in Official Character Discussion which I debunked.
It;s very similar, something someone with photoshop can modify , instead of starting from scrath.

The render of Ness's shirt and face is also very similar to one previous old and fake leak.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
If you look at Mr Game and watch, he too has many dark blue pixels.

and what is that random pinky space between his hand? That's wario's skin.

Last pic is pointing to random smudge/line near his dark, gloomy face.
So I don't know how accurate pixel analysis can be considering this was taken with a digital camera and we are expecting there to be pixel leaks, small errors etc. It's a low quality picture and you are zooming in, you are going to see things that won't be there if you held the game in your hands.

That said, I'm actually not seeing any of those things you are describing.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Could you show me the Dr. Mario one? Someone posted a render they claimed was the same over in Official Character Discussion which I debunked.
Basically, any Dr Mario 3D artwork you find on google. I mean that they all look the same. But Bowser Jr and Mario always have the same face on renders. IMO that's not enough evidence against the leak.

Really, what we have "against" are renders that look too much like others, and doubt about gameplay pics being from Brawl.
"Disablad" received an explanation... I dunno.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
Finding images similar to Dr Mario is like finding an image similar to a goomba. There are soooo many of them, and Nintendo always puts them in similar poses that it really doesn't count as evidence for or against.

If you find a good picture showing Bowser Jr, Duck Hunt Dog, or others that are less common, then it will be stronger evidence.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
So I don't know how accurate pixel analysis can be considering this was taken with a digital camera and we are expecting there to be pixel leaks, small errors etc. It's a low quality picture and you are zooming in, you are going to see things that won't be there if you held the game in your hands.

That said, I'm actually not seeing any of those things you are describing.
I seriously don't see how you can't see anything.

Even in the original zoom the thing beside Ganon is very visible...

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
I was rewatching the old Smash direct (remember a Nintendo Rep said that there were still secrets in it?), and I noticed something interesting. I still have to watch more of it for any hints regarding these characters, but look at this screen:

that Pit figure looks like an Amiibo! It's a different design than the one shown during E3, but it does show that maybe there is more to the direct than we thought. I guess at this point I'm looking for hints anywhere. I'm looking for a DH sound effect or something.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
The only thing I actually see going FOR this leak are the new models for Duck Hunt and Dr. Mario (who looks very similar to a certain model, so it's possible that model was tweaked and put into the leak.)

Dark Pit looks so much like a Mirrored + Zoomed in Pit in his dark pit costume...

I was rewatching the old Smash direct (remember a Nintendo Rep said that there were still secrets in it?), and I noticed something interesting. I still have to watch more of it for any hints regarding these characters, but look at this screen:

that Pit figure looks like an Amiibo! It's a different design than the one shown during E3, but it does show that maybe there is more to the direct than we thought. I guess at this point I'm looking for hints anywhere. I'm looking for a DH sound effect or something.
Actually that's a figurine that has been around since Uprsing, same for Dark Pit's version. ect

Last edited:

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
We haven't found a perfect match of any of the renders.

In regards to Shulk, the eye, nose, and mouth locations and distance are the exact same as lil Mac but the shapes vary.

It's a figma figure. Sakurai collects them I think.

He even posted pictures of them:

Interesting that Dark Pit is there as well as Charizard on his own. It's clearly a Smash Bros diorama.

Last edited:

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
I seriously don't see how you can't see anything.

Even in the original zoom the thing beside Ganon is very visible...
The thing you are pointing at is in Toon Link's box, and it looks like his hat to me. I am really not seeing anything strange.

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
Actually that's a figurine that has been around since Uprsing, same for Dark Pit's version. ect
Fail! Thanks for clarifying. I guess it's a good sign I should slow down and stop grasping at straws.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
It;s very similar, something someone with photoshop can modify , instead of starting from scrath.

The render of Ness's shirt and face is also very similar to one previous old and fake leak.
I could probably do the same thing to get Brawl Link -> Sm4sh Link. Rip the model, pose it, do some editing in photoshop to get the colors right. If a character's appearance changes with no explanation in such way that no amount of editing can make a previous incarnation match their current, I'd consider that a hit on the leak.

Basically, any Dr Mario 3D artwork you find on google. I mean that they all look the same. But Bowser Jr and Mario always have the same face on renders. IMO that's not enough evidence against the leak.
I couldn't find a match. Sorry, but if you really want to say the leaker reused artwork, get me a picture.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I couldn't find a match. Sorry, but if you really want to say the leaker reused artwork, get me a picture.
I personally think it's real, however it's true it looks like he reused some arts already out.
Read the second post on first page, there is a summary of the thread.
I'm just afraid of being deceived in the end.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Actually, here's something that I don't recall reading in the OP or the summary. Not sure if it's worth mentioning or if it's already been addressed, but I'll leave that evaluation to someone else.

A Pic of the Day confirms that the bottom screen uses "1P / 2P / 3P / 4P" format. Yet the leak images use "P1 / P2 / P3 / P4". Easily explained by saying "They decided to changed their minds on that UI element."
zlCfzR_Bgn0NCBTXTJ.jpg

Edit: As pointed out a few posts below, it was actually in the second format in the demo and E3 footage, meaning it was changed.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
People really should stop discussing this UNTIL a character is revealed.

UNLESS someone has 100% proof something is wrong. Nothing so far can be proven - all points so far have been speculation or have counter points.

Actually, here's something that I don't recall reading in the OP or the summary. Not sure if it's worth mentioning or if it's already been addressed, but I'll leave that evaluation to someone else.

A Pic of the Day confirms that the bottom screen uses "1P / 2P / 3P / 4P" format. Yet the leak images use "P1 / P2 / P3 / P4". Easily explained by saying "They decided to changed their minds on that UI element."
Now THAT is some good proof.

Added to a yet growing list of -'s for this "leak" which is obviosuly fake imho.

Last edited:

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
I personally think it's real, however it's true it looks like he reused some arts already out.
I'm in no way afraid of being deceived. If this leak is false, then that's cool by me. It was a very good leak with a lot of evidence for it, and it just meant the leaker put in a lot of work. Of course, those who don't believe the leak will rub it our faces assuming that we were so convinced. That won't change the fact there were (and are) a lot of reasons to believe this leak.

There's no shame in being fooled by the best.

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra

The E3 footage (and demo footage) confirms that this change was actually made.

Here is the pic:

Last edited:

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
I read the second post. It does include reused artwork for Doctor Mario as an argument... And promptly says there's no match, giving two of the most used pictures and noting that neither is a perfect match.

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
Okay so there's some rumor going around saying the DLC list is fake. Why? :( That was the one reason I was 100% okay with the leak! @_@ The ICs... my babies... *sniff* I just wish I could ask the dude who leaked the DLC if he made that part up or not since its the only part lacking evidence other than a list writtin on 4chan.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
It's a figma figure. Sakurai collects them I think.

He even posted pictures of them:

Interesting that Dark Pit is there as well as Charizard on his own. It's clearly a Smash Bros diorama.
Notice how Ness still has his usual shirt pattern that isn't in the leak.:rolleyes:
Fuel in the fire

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
... It still looks like his hat to me. I'm honestly not trying to be a jerk about it, I really don't see anything wrong. I don't know if it's you who is crazy or me, but I swear nothing there looks suspicious to me.
Most seem to think that that thing is suspicious, and the Wario/GameWatch thing is very controversial.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
Okay so there's some rumor going around saying the DLC list is fake. Why? :( That was the one reason I was 100% okay with the leak! @_@ The ICs... my babies... *sniff* I just wish I could ask the dude who leaked the DLC if he made that part up or not since its the only part lacking evidence other than a list writtin on 4chan.
I just added a bit on the validity of the DLC in the History section of my post.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I'm in no way afraid of being deceived. If this leak is false, then that's cool by me. It was a very good leak with a lot of evidence for it, and it just meant the leaker put in a lot of work. Of course, those who don't believe the leak will rub it our faces assuming that we were so convinced. That won't change the fact there were (and are) a lot of reasons to believe this leak.

There's no shame in being fooled by the best.
It is, especially those who also believed the Palutena one was real- which had only 1 thing going agaisnt it which was the model could be different from the offiical reveal one , and it is different.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
It is, especially those who also believed the Palutena one was real- which had only 1 thing going agaisnt it which was the model could be different from the offiical reveal one , and it is different.
I have been wondering about that one actually. Is it THAT different? It seems to me that the small differences could have just been model updates. Palutena was leaked ages ago. I actually thought the models looked fairly similar considering the time gap.

Though I still don't see why there would be any shame?

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I have been wondering about that one actually. Is it THAT different? It seems to me that the small differences could have just been model updates. Palutena was leaked ages ago. I actually thought the models looked fairly similar considering the time gap.

Though I still don't see why there would be any shame?
Because I don't see why there wouldn't.

Bonren

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bonren
3DS FC
1564-2345-5130
One thing that still bothers me is the fact that Dark Pit did not receive an official introduction in Palutenas trailer, yet Lucina did in Robins. Doesn't that seem a little strange? Or am I thinking to hard? looool.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
One thing that still bothers me is the fact that Dark Pit did not receive an official introduction in Palutenas trailer, yet Lucina did in Robins. Doesn't that seem a little strange? Or am I thinking to hard? looool.
Rule 1 about Smash Bros: Do not create a list of rules that Sakurai follows. He follows no rules.

D

Deleted member

I think you might be thinking a little too hard about it. How many newcomers did we get that day? Sakurai probably wants to keep some a secret.

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
If Mewtwo does happen to be in the game, it'll probably be leaked soon-ish thanks to Serebii. They always get the scoop! I'm not going to hold my breath though...

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Guys, here we go with that rumor of hints in the trailers.

Villager: Little Mac's Stage
Little Mac: "Punch is Mightier Than the Sword" ---> Captain Falcon vs. Lucina
Greninja: Pac-Man Cloud and Ridley's sprite in the rocks
Palutena: Dark Pit appears
Pac-Man: Mr. Game & Watch
Robin/Lucina: Duck Hunt Bird's sprite in the background

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
In that same vein, neither did Game and Watch. And with the new Famitsu article teasing Dark Pit pretty hard, I think he just wants to keep people guessing.

Lucina was a better way to introduce newcomer clones anyway.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom